Old 10-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #31  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
QUESTION OF THE DAY

What Fall Time ON PLAN Food is your favorite? (No the halloween candy you steal from your kids doesn't count! )

Mine would have to be my chicken chili. It has 218 calories per serving. It fills you up, tastes great, AND is even BETTER the next day! yummy!!!!
Mine would be soup and stews. I also love hot apple cidar ( but that is not a food)
Old 10-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I think apple cider should count! I LOVE IT! We had a hot apple cidar fountain at our wedding... it was AWESOME!
Old 10-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #33  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina30 View Post
I did level 1 of Shred today. I have to say I was a little cocky thinking it would be a cake walk...it wasn't!!!LOL!
Awesome! I just started the Shred too! I got it last weekend, and did it 4 times last week, and am doing it as soon as I get home from work tonight! I really like it. It's short, but it really makes me work! And I like how it is strength training and cardio at the same time.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:40 PM   #34  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Tonight we did WATP after work. I did not bring my workout clothes so I did it in my jeans and barefoot. It was a 2 mile walk and it is really too easy. I am only doing it because a group of friends are working out together. I don't really like it anymore.

My scale was up a tad today. Probably from not eating all afternoon and then having a late dinner for mom's birthday. I'm sure it will go away fast. Then we are on to the 190's. Gotta get there before the end of the month.

Beth- I only do Jillian once a week. We have a weekly rotation. It is a workout though.

Tina- I have only done level 2 twice. Haven't even seen level 3. YIKES!!!

Marine- GROSS!! Fish. I don't like fish anyway, let alone in something like that.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:45 PM   #35  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Just updated my 30 day exercise challenge. I did make 28/30 days. My goal was to hit 30, but 28 ain't too shabby. My reward; a new pair of size 16 jeans (did you hear that? size 16) and a pair of workout capris. Now I am going to update the new challenge.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #36  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Mindy- You did great with your exercise goal! Congrats and rock those size 16's! Maybe next week I'll try level 2...Yikes is right!LOL!

Beth- I love how it's only 20min. I workout at the gym with my SIL, but have been looking for something a little extra to boost the weight loss, so this is perfect. I love Jillian also. I was telling my gf about it and she was laughing saying " you act like Jillian is your friend or something"LOL!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #37  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I think apple cider should count! I LOVE IT! We had a hot apple cidar fountain at our wedding... it was AWESOME!
How cool...I bet the place smelled wonderful! I love the way my house smells when I make cidar It's so comforting this time of year!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone!

I ended up with 23/30 for the challenge. I really wanted 30/30, but 23 is evidence of the change I'm making.

I had to change my plans for today, but I did get my exercise in!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #39  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinemommyof2 View Post
Okay - I still love that NS is so easy, but I'm having trouble finding any food that I like! Yesterday, I was eating a lunch bar (fudge graham) and I told my husband I thought it tasted like fish. He laughed, and was like, "Well, that's probably how they get those omega 3's in there." I read the label and sure enough, in the fudge graham bar was FISH!!! Sardine, tilapia, and anchovy to be exact!!!!!!!

Blech blech blech.

LOL
oh yuck!! i hate fish, i'd be sick if i was trying to eat something chocolate and it had fish in it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Just updated my 30 day exercise challenge. I did make 28/30 days. My goal was to hit 30, but 28 ain't too shabby. My reward; a new pair of size 16 jeans (did you hear that? size 16) and a pair of workout capris. Now I am going to update the new challenge.
WTG on hitting 28 days....i managed 11 days....so you did awesome lol good luck on the upcoming challenge this week.....and rock out those size 16s!! yippee!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #40  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amany View Post
Good morning Red Teamies!

I'm dragging this morning. Last night I took some medicine for my sinus headache and I feel kinda crappy. And sleepy. I could deal with crappy, but feeling this sleepy is horrible...

Rain, I had a job like that years ago. They didn't want us calling off if we were sick. They wanted us to come in and give them the opportunity to send us home if they felt we were too sick to work. Your son is s trooper.
I hope that you are feeling better. Tis the season for the crud to strike.

Thank you for your kindness toward my son.

Quote:
rain - that sounds AWFUL! your poor son. ugh!
He is starting to feel a little better, today. Poor thing still can't speak, tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybones View Post
Wow. I'm still grumpy I think. Or maybe just feeling asocial? Mostly, lately, I just feel like hiding. I'm trying to keep reading and pull myself out of this little slump that I just don't understand. Blah. I don't know how to keep ontrack when I'm feeling so just blah.
I battle depression and frequently go into hiding. There are days when I just can't deal... Much as I want to. And days where I can barely read, but don't even ask me to post. Nu-uh. Isn't happening. To you.

Quote:
QUESTION OF THE DAY

What Fall Time ON PLAN Food is your favorite? (No the halloween candy you steal from your kids doesn't count! )
He. He. Why not? Isn't chocolate a food group?

My favourite food in the Autumn hands down is soup. I looove soup. I can grab a bowl of boiling hot soup, nurse it for a long time and just feel so warm and happy.

Hmmm... Think I'll hit the soup pot for dinner...

So, a so-so day, today. I am mostly on track... Mostly. I did eat some Dorts, about 300 calories worth and snacked on a little bit of stew. I was having a tough time of it; stress was kicking my arse and I was trying to comfort feed. I didn't do any real damage. And I didn't let it blow out to an all out binge-fest. But, I am still turning to inappropriate eating, when I need comfort or to forget something that is bothering me. And that isn't good.

Does anyone have a 2X4? Maybe a good swift whack upside my thick head will ram the message home.

I was all psyched to begin the new exercise challenge. I really enjoyed the last one. And, while I didn't ace it, I did a heck of a lot better than I expected I would do. Then, wham! I murdered my tiny baby toe on my right foot, this morning. I was stepping around a fan on my bathroom floor (pile carpet in a bathroom... You just know that decision was made by a man...) and I smashed my foot against the wall of the shower stall and my baby toe slammed into the wall and into the gap in the moulding. I felt a crunch. My toe went numb for a while then the pain set in. It is swollen, black and blue underneath and very sore, indeed. I can walk on it, provided I don't try to put on a pair of shoes. Working out will be out of the question for a while. Just when exercise was really becoming a habit and a part of my life, this happens.

I'll just have to stay on track and do extra vacuuming and other housework to get a little exercise, each day until I can pick back up with my cardio.

I am pleased that, in spite of my crappy eating last week, I still managed to dump another three pounds. I know all that exercise helped.

I hope everyone had a great Monday.

Hugs to everyone who needs or wants one.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:13 PM   #41  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Swam a teeny bit after work. I was so tired and there was a water aerobics class in the water and they were jumping so much it made the lap lane like a wave pool. So not fun!

I am having a late dinner, but OP all day! Woo hoo!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:08 AM   #42  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good morning RED TEAM! I tried on a skirt and blouse I was wearing in April and I could wrap the blouse around me almost twice and the skirt was hanging like a sack. Then I tried on my size 12 Christmas blouse that I bought some time ago and it almost fits. I could actually wear it now if I had to but it will look better with another few pounds gone. My size 10 jeans are almost wearable in public and a size 12 skirt I bought can zipper up but not wearable yet. A dress I've had for 3 years finally fits and I'm going to wear it this Thursday night when I do a vegetarian cooking demo at a health seminar my church is presenting. I have bones sticking out of my body that didn't exist in January when I started all this. (Well, the bones were there, you know what I mean.) No turning back now. I have no big clothes left except a few t-shirts I work out in and the dress I wore to my son's wedding and I'm not wearing that again.

Yikes, Rain Dancer!! That toe sounds really painful. Hope it mends quickly for your sake.

It's a dreary, rainy day here and so damp and cold. Yesterday was the perfect day and today the opposite so I'll have to do my walk/jog inside today. I'm just sitting here a few minutes to let breakfast digest a little before I start to exercise.

I got in one more exercise session before the old challenge ended and ended up with an extra day 23/22 but it overlapped with the new challenge. Yesterday, I felt so tired I could hardly get in my circuit workout, especially the cardio part. Last week I was doing 25 jumping jacks and yesterday I could barely get 12 done. I'm getting old when a weekend away from home does me in. Ha, ha.

Have a good on plan day, everyone.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:31 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

I just realized that I never reported on my shopping trip. It was really ego boosting! I was able to get several nice pairs of size 10 pants (), a nice coat that is totally me (and 50% off), several blouses, and boots (I could zip them over my calves!!!) It feels SO great to be back in clothes that actually fit me, plus I look a LOT smaller now. It was awesome!! And I think that this week will be great too, I'm already showing a teeny little loss, and it has only been one day.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:34 AM   #44  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbeth View Post
Good morning Friends!
Well I did something this weekend that I have not done in a LONG time...I stayed on plan all weekend! I was even at several events this weekend that had food, and I didn't eat any of it. I forced myself to stay on plan with no cheat meals all weekend, because I know that this is going to be a tough week at work. We will have people in the office from out of town which means lots of catered lunches. Oh no!
Anyway, I posted a one pound loss for the week, which I am really happy about. One pound a week is my goal, and I didn't think I would be able to pull it out this week. I have lost 6 pounds so far in this challenge!
Congrats. you are so close to your goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinemommyof2 View Post
Okay - I still love that NS is so easy, but I'm having trouble finding any food that I like! Yesterday, I was eating a lunch bar (fudge graham) and I told my husband I thought it tasted like fish. He laughed, and was like, "Well, that's probably how they get those omega 3's in there." I read the label and sure enough, in the fudge graham bar was FISH!!! Sardine, tilapia, and anchovy to be exact!!!!!!!

Blech blech blech.

LOL
ok yuck, that would be a deal breaker for me. i hate hate hate fish or any fishy smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina30 View Post
I did level 1 of Shred today. I have to say I was a little cocky thinking it would be a cake walk...it wasn't!!!LOL! I must of been mad though to think anything Jillian does is a cake walk. I did workout at the gym this morning though, so I was a bit tired doing it. I think I'll try and do that every day though...seriously I have 20 min. a day. Maybe next week I'll attempt level 2
Isn't it crazy. I watched it the first time and though oh ok whats the big deal

Quote:
Yum apple cider with a little bit of caramel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleigh View Post
Hey everyone!

I ended up with 23/30 for the challenge. I really wanted 30/30, but 23 is evidence of the change I'm making.

I had to change my plans for today, but I did get my exercise in!
Good job. Any amount is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Good morning RED TEAM! I tried on a skirt and blouse I was wearing in April and I could wrap the blouse around me almost twice and the skirt was hanging like a sack. Then I tried on my size 12 Christmas blouse that I bought some time ago and it almost fits. I could actually wear it now if I had to but it will look better with another few pounds gone. My size 10 jeans are almost wearable in public and a size 12 skirt I bought can zipper up but not wearable yet. A dress I've had for 3 years finally fits and I'm going to wear it this Thursday night when I do a vegetarian cooking demo at a health seminar my church is presenting. I have bones sticking out of my body that didn't exist in January when I started all this. (Well, the bones were there, you know what I mean.) No turning back now. I have no big clothes left except a few t-shirts I work out in and the dress I wore to my son's wedding and I'm not wearing that again.

Yikes, Rain Dancer!! That toe sounds really painful. Hope it mends quickly for your sake.

It's a dreary, rainy day here and so damp and cold. Yesterday was the perfect day and today the opposite so I'll have to do my walk/jog inside today. I'm just sitting here a few minutes to let breakfast digest a little before I start to exercise.
That is awesome. A size 10

I jumped on the scale this morning and it says I'm down 2 pounds from yesterday. I stated yesterday so I knew i was up. I still lost 2 pounds for the weigh in. Let's hope I can hang on to this 191! My birthday is Nov 4, my goal was to be 189. I did 30/30 days of exercise To bad we don't have any money for me to treat myself to something special. Damn economy. One thing I have to work on ladies is loving and accepting myself. I am really struggling with that. I mean worse then I did 30 pounds ago Anyone have this happen?

Last edited by crazy4weightloss; 10-21-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #45  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Looks like we had lots of people not weigh in this week.