Old 10-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #226  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Congratulations on being our biggest loser, cakses. Time for the rest of us to get our rears in gear and start posting our losses.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #227  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Whew! Finally got caught up!

Hi everyone! I am so sorry I am not around much. I am reading, when I can get a few minutes and sending good thoughts, vibes and support out over the airwaves. I am just busy and stressed, right now and don't have a whole lot of just for fun Internet time, at the moment.

My eating was hit or miss last week, but I still managed to lose two pounds. Don't ask me how... I am doing better, this week. I feel stronger and more together in my head. My two weeks of spotty results seems to have scared and motivated me.

I want to thank everyone for all of your well wishes about my health. You are all so sweet and you really uplifted me and helped me to feel better. Thank you. I am feeling better and have far less pain. But I am by no means healed, as I am sharply reminded if I stress myself physically, at all. I am going to start doing gentle, short in home walking sessions starting tomorrow. I'll keep the intensity down, just go for fifteen minutes or so and keep my arms down and see how it goes. I really miss my exercise sessions. (I can't believe I just said that... ) and I really would like to get back to it.

Anyway, I miss all of you. I am so glad to see that you are all doing so well. Congratulations to everyone having losses and NSV. For everyone struggling and having a tough time, hang in there.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #228  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Keep on chugging along Rain! Just don't overdo it. I am sure when the time comes to go back to regular exercise you will be so excited!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #229  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Congrats Cakses on being TBL this week Awesome job!

Just stopping in for a quick hello. Just got back from the gym and even though my SIL aka workout buddy didn't go today I still got my butt up there and worked out! That is a first in a long time for me....lately if she couldn't go I'd just say okay and stay home myself! Feels good to be back into the groove though! Today is my youngests b-day...the big 5! Tonight were going to his favorite pizza place for dinner...Lord help me!LOL! I feel better though knowing I got a good workout in today. We went and bought our paint yesterday for our bedroom...I'm so excited to see how it looks all done. We're going to be doing that this weekend...I have to say I hate to paint! My gf was saying how she was so jealous I was painting...by all means come over and paint for me!LOL! Just a very tedious job....but I know the end result is going to make me very happy. I won't have time for personals today. I need to pick up a bit and hop in the shower before Kyle gets home. Hope you all have a wonderful day though. I say we blow the blue team out of the water next week...who's with me?!?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #230  
Starting Over

Thanks for all the congrats. I forgot to even check the results board but once I saw people saying congrats I ran over there. LOL. I am pretty competitive, and I will admit that yesterday afternoon I was doing the math to see if I had made it but not everyone had posted yet. Although I would have been just as happy if I hadn't "won" this week. Seeing my ticker go down, having my smaller clothes fit and feeling better in general is reward enough.

Well I have a busy day today - work then kids' classes then home for dinner. So I am off to do my weights for the AM then some house chores before I have to go.

Are we still gonna do a QOTD? I like those!!! I am an episode behind on TBL so I think I am going to try to find it now and play it in the background. I know who got kicked off, but I didn't see the episode and I like to be caught up!

Have a great day everyone. This is a new week - don't focus on what happened last week, good or bad. Each day is a new one. I have to remember that even when I am doing well or else I slack off!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #231  
Starting Over

Happy Birthday to your little man Tina! 5 is a fun age. My youngest will be 5 in March and I am praying the transition from 4 to 5 will be major because this child is a handful haha.

Have a salad first before the pizza, that helps me not overeat pizza. I remember one person on this site a long time ago even suggested cutting up a piece of pizza and putting it over a salad. I've never done that, but I do try my best to stuff myself with salad so I only have 2 pieces of pizza

And congrats on going to the gym alone! I know how hard it can be when you have a workout buddy and then they can't go. Going by yourself is a good self-esteem booster, knowing you had the choice to stay at home but you didn't!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 188/173/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
Congrats Crown. I can't even run 5 miles so I am always amazed at the longer races. I'm still trying to get a 5k done. I am sure I can do it now I just haven't had a chance to try. Maybe after I kick this cold I will go out for a lovely 3.1 mile stroll, then work up to more How long have you been running?

Thanks! and congrats on your loss!!!!!

I "started" running in January and lost 14lbs in no time but then in April i was in a car accident and was sidelined until Aug and was able to start back up again - of course the 14lbs and a few more were added this time around. i now have 5 of my required 9 qualifying races (i will do the remaing 4 in Nov and Dec)to be able to gain entry inte the NYC marathon next year- thats my goal so i will be braving the elements over the next few months and getting out there!

so far so good this week. the only down side is DBF is sick and i am trying my best not to get what he has - he is on the mend but the weekend was rough.
I think something is going around my office everyone is hacking and coughing like crazy!

Last edited by crownshape; 10-28-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:59 PM   #233  
Chrissie-Let's go Red!!

S/C/G: 283/269.2/150

Hey guys...just wanted to stop by and check in. It sucks that the blue team won the WI. I am hoping to get in my last chance workout tonight but not sure. I am going to my friends son's program at school. But I'll try hard. My eating has been okay. I have had more good days that were OP than not OP days. The stupid Halloween Crack is following me around though. That's Candy Corn, Peanuts, and M & M's mixed together. I call it crack because its so addictive.

Hope all is well,
Chrissie
Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #234  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Cakses- GOOD job!!! You have really lost quite a bit the last few weeks. You are doing awesome. You need to spread some of it around.

Unfortunate for us that we didn't win. I know we are all working hard. I just finished with a mile walk and 30 min. of kickboxing. Man some of you are working out for 2 hours. I don't even have time in my day to work out that long. Good for you!!

I need to go update my exercise, eat dinner and get ready for BL. See ya all later.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:53 PM   #235  
Starting Over

Well I might be the Biggest Gainer this week with the dinner I had LOL. The family went out to Olive Garden. I was good-ish. I got a iced tea and used Splenda, I only had one breadstick and I got the minestrone soup. I ordered the lasagna and only ate half of it but I am stuffed. I am sure to gain a few for that, but it's ok. I got it out of my system. We don't eat out often anymore so it's not going to happen repeatedly. I feel sort of bad though but not going to beat myself up over it. Tomorrow I plan on going for a run in the morning if I am breathing better. This cold needs to go away!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:19 AM   #236  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Flyby here -
Didn't win the weigh in this week, but next week we'll give them a run for their money!!
Go team go!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:16 AM   #237  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquita623 View Post
A question for all you Weight Watchers out there - I'm thinking of joining and wanted to know if you prefer the points plan or the core plan and why you like it. A friend asked me if I'd buddy up with her so am thinking seriously of checking it out tomorrow evening.
I am currently on the points plan. You have to be really dedicated with this plan in writing down everything you eat. Unfortunately I haven't been the most dedicated lately, but I prefer this as it is the closest to calorie counting and since I did that for a year I feel that I have a good understanding toward the points as long as I know what the Fiber and Fat amounts are. I've thought about switching to Core and I might try that in a couple of weeks if I don't see losses coming up. I have weigh-in day today in fact and I'll probably gain, but not a whole lot. I've been working my arse off at the gym to try to get my vacation weight and TOM weight off.

It really is a personal preference as to which one you prefer. Have you ever tried WW before? If not, go to a meeting and they will explain the differences to you so that you can make an informed decision on which is best for you. Good luck!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:16 AM   #238  
Takin' charge of my life!

Congrats Cakses!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #239  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Andi. I've never tried WW before but I was on LA Weight Loss where I had to write everything down and count is as a protein, vege, fruit, etc. I did really well with that and got down to 173 exactly a year ago. They closed their doors at then end of 2007 and I've been kind of floundering around trying to figure out what I need to do. At this point I believe I really need to be accountable to someone as it's apparent I'm not accountable to myself!! The meeting is tonight so I think I'll go with my friend and check it out. Again, thanks for the info.

Last edited by chiquita623; 10-29-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Just a quick post this morning. I finally saw the scale move in the right direction again - I'm hoping that it'll move even will drop by Friday's weigh in!

I totally forgot to post a LC challenge yesterday - I'm sorry about that! But I did 30DS level 2 before the show, and then walk a mile w/ Leslie for the first 15mins of the show. I had the TV on, and my DVD playing off my lap top. then I did the Slim & Limber 15 minute DVD from the Slim in 6 program. It felt good. I hit my goal for 1200 net calories too.