Old 10-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hey REDS!

I had the best day with my kids today. We went to a local walking trail this afternoon and had such a nice walk. Of course they can still go lots faster than me, but I'm keeping up better and not hollering "Stop, Wait, let Mommy catch her breath", as often. And the cool weather was just a bonus.

Rain, my goodness. First your toe and now this. to you.

I will try to catch up with more personals tomorrow. We're still doing homework here where we got in so late from our lovely walk. Did I mention that?
Old 10-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Raindancer - sorry to hear about your strain! Taking it easy is a good idea...I'd even avoid housework with that I think.

Andi - Glad you enjoyed AZ! We've had some splendid temperatures around here lately. I am hoping it will cool down a bit though. I will admit though, I get might whiney in the mornings when we go to the dog park. At 0545 it is about 65 - and here in AZ, that means a coat! (don't worry, when it goes below 50, I wear a hat and gloves too!)

Crap. I know there were lots more but my brain is done fried. Today was a completely off plan day foodwise - and for a semi-good reason.

I work for a relatively small lab company - 25 people or so. I've been here for about a year and a half now and while there are days that it is stressful and I hate it, I really do enjoy what I do as well as really appreciating the benefits. Now, since we're small and we don't actually make money (we have a wealthy benefactor who keeps us in the money usually), closing is a concern we've had before but...
eesh, now I'm sure you're thinking the economy...but not so much. I actually WISH it were the economy as that would be less upsetting.
We got called into an emergency meeting by the CEO, whom we all know fairly well, to tell us that he (the CEO) has esophageal cancer that they just found on Tuesday and that it has metastasized (SP?) and spread to his liver, kidneys and lymph nodes. It is inoperable and he has already decided he won't do radiation treatment or chemotherapy. They are going to try some tumor target therapies....but we're talking months....
ANd while I'm upset enough about this as I know him and he's a very good person and no one deserves to die like this...
part of me is TERRIFIED about my job. This CEO is the connection to our wealthy benefactor as well as the passion and the motivation behind almost everything we do. Without him....I just don't know what the heck we are going to do...
And I feel guilty about being concerned about my job when he's talking about tying up loose ends before he dies....

I'm going to try to go to the gym tonight in the hopes that some back-breaking cardio will help me forget about this for awhile...
Old 10-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Kelleigh - What an awesome idea! I wonder if there's a walking trail near me. I know there's one near my sisters house 25 mins away. That's a great NSV that you didn't have to have the kids slow down as much too! Pretty soon they'll be telling you to wait up!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Height: 5'6"

Hello red team! I have not been partcipating much in this thread (sorry!) but I just want to let everyone know that I do look forward to weigh-ins every Monday. Recording my weigh-in is currently the only thing that keeps me motivated to not fall back into my bad habits from the past.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #95  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

andi, you look great!

i've been struggling with the food lately and not doing the exercise i know i should be doing. i got the jari love dvd today...and will do my best to try it tomorrow.
lots going on tomorrow, we're having a 'cleanliness' inspection here at my quarters tomorrow (most likely)...so i have some light cleaning to do that i was gonna wait for the weekend for. need to sweep and mop and vacuum and restraighten up my kitchen. but apparently all our us with 'old' stove/ovens will be able to get on a list to get a new stove because our black ones are 'outdated' so our housing is more safe yippee!! and they'll check to see what's in our fridges (to make sure they're mostly clean and have nothing 'growing' in there. lol luckily i already cleaned the fridge out of leftovers lol and they'll be checking the cleanliness of our bathrooms and to see if our toilets are cleaned, etc..and check our monoxide and fire detectors. and they will give us a 'concerns' sheet for anything we have concern about and things we dont know how to do ourselves (like the light upstairs in my hall that i cant figure out how to get the globe off to change the lightbulb and they will change my light over the sink since they change all the flourencent (sp?) bulbs for us, etc)....so we'll see how that goes. need to clean up DS's room so it doesnt appear to be a 'hazard' with all the toys and trains on the floor (but really?! who can keep a 2 y/o room clean?!).....well i'm off to get some cleaning done before bed.

hubby called me tonight! he should be home next week and hopefully before halloween yippee!! i'm so excited to see him again!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:19 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 332.4/ticker/150

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybones View Post
Wow. I'm still grumpy I think. Or maybe just feeling asocial? Mostly, lately, I just feel like hiding. I'm trying to keep reading and pull myself out of this little slump that I just don't understand. Blah. I don't know how to keep ontrack when I'm feeling so just blah.

I did my first 5k this weekend, and even with my knee that had been acting up the previous week, I managed to pull out a 33:52. Great time for me but below my goal of 30 minutes. However, it was my first time running outside. My hubby blew me out of the water with a 30:39...and wow! Two 89 year old men beat me with 22 minute times. I really hope when I'm 89 I'm running 5ks and beating 30 year olds!

Hopefully this Monday morning finds everyone doing okay and we can all stick to a nice on plan week together. I should be coming here for more support, I know I should but really, I'm trying mostly to not just stay in bed with a pillow over my head. I do think the weekly allowance challenge will help! I really like that idea Mel!

Congrats on the 5K run. Your time was awesome Years ago I did an 8k walk for charity and couldn't move the next day. And I was about 60 pounds lighter back then.

Teri.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:30 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Erika - Sorry your feeling poorly. But I'm glad it wasn't your heart. That must have been scary!
Old 10-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #98  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybones View Post

Crap. I know there were lots more but my brain is done fried. Today was a completely off plan day foodwise - and for a semi-good reason.

I work for a relatively small lab company - 25 people or so. I've been here for about a year and a half now and while there are days that it is stressful and I hate it, I really do enjoy what I do as well as really appreciating the benefits. Now, since we're small and we don't actually make money (we have a wealthy benefactor who keeps us in the money usually), closing is a concern we've had before but...
eesh, now I'm sure you're thinking the economy...but not so much. I actually WISH it were the economy as that would be less upsetting.
We got called into an emergency meeting by the CEO, whom we all know fairly well, to tell us that he (the CEO) has esophageal cancer that they just found on Tuesday and that it has metastasized (SP?) and spread to his liver, kidneys and lymph nodes. It is inoperable and he has already decided he won't do radiation treatment or chemotherapy. They are going to try some tumor target therapies....but we're talking months....
ANd while I'm upset enough about this as I know him and he's a very good person and no one deserves to die like this...
part of me is TERRIFIED about my job. This CEO is the connection to our wealthy benefactor as well as the passion and the motivation behind almost everything we do. Without him....I just don't know what the heck we are going to do...
And I feel guilty about being concerned about my job when he's talking about tying up loose ends before he dies....

I'm going to try to go to the gym tonight in the hopes that some back-breaking cardio will help me forget about this for awhile...
Life certainly isn't fair, is it? So sorry about your employer. But you mustn't feel bad about worrying about your job. That's a normal reaction to the situation just the same as feeling sorry for your boss. I truly hope everything works out for all concerned.

I'm sitting here shivering. I had opened the window when I was working out and forgot to close it when I went downstairs to ride my bike. Brrrr... the temperatures are sure down although it's a lovely sunny day.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:56 AM   #99  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

well i was up till nearly 2am last night, and woke up late (at 7am) this morning...so am very tired. but i spent about 1.5 hours moving my junk and sweeping and mopping last night. wow, didn't realize it'd been that long since i'd mopped. lots of muddy paw prints lol and i ran out of my swiffer wetjet pads...so they're on the list to buy next time i'm at the store. i hate to mop, so i only do it like once a month....but after seeing what my floor looks like after i clean the muddy prints and such (it has rained the last few days and the dog was inside afterwards) i think i'll make a resolution to mop once a week....i'm enjoying the clean floor lol
still need to vacuum my rug downstairs, didnt wanna wake up DS with it last night.

OMG my abs HURT today....I could feel the aches when i went to sit up this morning in bed, apparently those crunches i did on my ball tuesday night during TBL actually worked, havent felt this sore in a while. but it means I'm doign something, so i'm glad.
I don't remember what my chore for yesterday was, but hopfully I can use my 1.5 hours of cleaning last night (it was hard core, since we could get into trouble if it's dirty - they're coming around and being VERY picky at this inspection).....so i'l be getting a nap later i hope. lol
Old 10-23-2008, 10:59 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Eny & Ceegee - HI!!! Missed you guys!

Rain Dancer - Hope you feel better soon!

Kelleigh - Sounds like a FUN day!

kellybones - OMG! How terrible. You, your CEO, and the other staff will be in my prayers.

Andi - Love the new pic! You look WONDERFUL!

Misty - I missed that you'd gotten a puppy. How exciting! Hope your project goes well.

I have a busy day today. I'm meeting with the court assistant about my case and then spending the afternoon at the law library. I found out yesterday my ex husband, in an attempt to not pay me additional child support, has asked for custody of my kids. My oldest son will be 17 next month and my youngest is 15. I talked with my sons yesterday and I think they both will choose to stay with me, but it's scary. Their father moved 400 miles away from his children over 5 years ago and now he's trying to make them feel guilty they don't spend much time together. Hummm . . . guess whose fault that is??? Sorry to be such a downer but this case is all I can think about.

Hope everybody has a great day.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #101  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Rain Dancer - OMG feel better. I am glad it wasn't your heart but that still hurts! I pulled a chest muscle a few years ago when I had bronchitis from all the coughing. It was awful Feel better soon!

blueyedlvrgirl - Great news about your Grandpa! Have fun at the Mexican restaurant. Drink lots of water!

ggmugsy - good luck at court. A judge can see through people's BS, so I wouldn't worry too much. If they've ben with you the last 5 years and there hasn't been any problems I don't see why a judge would remove the kids especially with Ex living so far away. The lengths people will go to in order to skip child support baffles me. Hang in there!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #102  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies~ Just got back from the gym and thought I'd hop on and say hello. It's freezing out today. I don't think I'm ready for this cold yet. I did get a fleece lined hoodie at Target yesterday....it is so warm. I love Target...I could go there everyday and never get bored....my husband wouldn't like that so much though. Kevin has been to the gym every night this week so far also. I'm proud of him. It's been super hard for us to get back on track, but I finally feel like were moving in the right direction. We help each other stay on track when were both on the same page ya know? Only thing is I've been falling fast asleep on the couch at like 9:30!LOL! This week went by fairly slow for me...tomorrow is Friday though, so I'm happy about that. My kids get out early tomorrow. It's already the end of quarter 1...that means report card time next week! Joey was having a bit of a hard time in Social Studies, so I pray he brought that grade up a bit. I have to say though Social Studies was my least favorite subject in school. Well I'm gonna hop in the shower before Kyle gets home. Have a wonderful day ladies~
Old 10-23-2008, 11:41 AM   #103  
Starting Over

Good morning Red Team!

I am sick. I am trying desperately to fight it. It's just a nasty cold but it is kicking my arse lately. I haven't gotten in any exercise beyond housework since Monday. I even found a sub for work yesterday because the thought of getting in the pool with little kids and then standing for three hours made me want to cry. Today I am not so lucky. I have to go in. But it's my last day of the week, so I will have until Monday to get better. I also don't have to teach lessons today so unless someone drowns, I will stay dry *fingers crossed*

I had a moment of weakness the other day and ate some Oreos - 5 of them. It totally ticked me off that I couldn't control it, but it showed me that despite the great loss I am having, I still have control issues with food. Better to just stay away from it for now! Other than that, I have been OP and have been cooking lots. Had beef enchiladas on Tuesday and Chicken Fetucinni Alfredo last night. I just have a smaller portion and make sure to eat my veggies and load up on water. Seems to be working. I am down another pound.

Well I am off to do some strength training since I haven't done any since last week. I have 8 pound hand weights that kick my butt right here in the house. Then after some more housework it's off to work for 3 1/2 hours. Then back to school to get DS, back to the Y for their classes, then home in time for me to cook dinner. LOL. I am never ever ever doing this schedule again. Too much driving back and forth. Lesson learned
Old 10-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #104  
Starting Over

Oh, and I forget who was having the bra trouble but my friend recommends Lane Bryant for bras. Might be worth a try!
Old 10-23-2008, 12:04 PM   #105  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Hey everyone...

Mindy--Sounds horrible! I am so sorry you are haivng a tough time with your ex! I will be praying that things get better for you.

Rain--I hope you are feeling better soon!

Hi to everyone else! Just checking in...things have been nuts in my neck of the woods. Work, school, puppy, housework, etc...AHHHHHH!!! Well, it's a good thing he is SO cute, otherwise he wouldn't get away with what he does. He is teething and nibbles on me and my bf, which is driving me nuts. I think I am finally getting through to him, kinda. Also, because he is so young, we are still having a tough time with housebreaking. We can't take him out b/c he doesn't have all his shots and pad training is hit and miss. He was doing so good, but has started slipping lately. Anyway, I am exhausted and the weekend doesn't seem like it is going to be much of a reprieve. Oh well, such is life. I have a new picture of the munchkin now that he has almost doubled in age. I have attached it so it doesn't take up a huge space. I also included the old one for comparison. It's hard to get an idea of his size in the new one, so I am including one of him next to my purse, that should give you some idea. He is still SO small.

Have a great day everyone!! Oh, I almost forgot...I am going to the GYM tonight! First time in a long time! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! I'm going to work through some of the stress!

~Misty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jars and Lijah 045--small.JPG (20.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg elijiah1.jpg (12.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Lijah 035.jpg (31.0 KB, 8 views)