Old 01-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #31  
FoodieMama

S/C/G: 325/160/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone! My name is Tara and I am also a stay home homeschool mom. I am married with 4 kids, a girl age 6 and three boys, age 9, 14, and 16. My goal for this challenge is to lose 25 lbs. I also struggle with sticking to things, and like Julie said last season, I want to finish what I've started, for once. I have been on WW on and off for the last year and a half, and am still trying to get back off the 55 lbs. I re-gained last year when I went off the program. My biggest struggle with weight loss is the mental part of it; when I stick to plan I usually lose really fast. I probably won't be posting too often, as I am trying to stay active during the day and not sit at the computer for hours, neglecting everything I need to do around here. But I will try to check in once a day and say howdy. I wish everyone the best of luck during this challenge!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #32  

Wow....what an amazing bunch of teammates I have. Guess it's my turn for the intro, where to start?

I'm 43, and live in Seattle, WA (I'm from Kentucky). This is my first 3FC TBL challenge, and I am about 1/2 way to my final weight loss goal. During this 12 weeks, I want to lose 10% (21 lbs).

My all time top weight was 297...then we (my weight loss buddy and I) kicked around on some diets and I got down to 281. Last January, my co-workers all joined WW @ Work and decided to have a competition. Everyone put up $20 and whoever lost the largest % of weight took the entire prize. Without joining the program (I already had the WW @ Home material so why plunk down another $210?) my wlb and I kicked their butts by losing 14% of our body weight. We were so pumped by the loss that we let them keep their money and we kept on losing weight. I can't get my co-workers to put up any more money (I'd take it this time), so I am excited that this challenge is being held.

It started out as a bet, but it was time to start dropping the lbs.

BLACK TEAM ROCKS ! !
Old 01-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 293/240/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Teammates,
So glad to see separate threads for each team. I was seriously thinking of dropping out because I don't have time to read through pages of posts everyday and I didn't see how I could get the support I need that way.
This is my second challenge. I think I came in forth place last time. I hope this time will be just as motivating as last time. I back tracked a little over the holidays but am back on board now.
I'm a homeschooling mom too. My oldest son is married and I have a 1 yr old granddaughter. I also have a daughter in college, and a 11 yr old daughter and an eight yr old son at home. I use a combo of You on a Diet and Super Foods and do fitness videos for exercise. My goal is to be under 200 lbs by the end of this challenge.

Glad to be on the winning Black Team!
newbies and old-timers too
Old 01-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #34  
Fat-be-gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahill1979 View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I am following WW. So far, so good.

Rosario, What part of Georgia do you live in? I am also in Georgia. We live right outside of Athens.
I'm right outside of Atlanta.

Last edited by Rosario; 01-14-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #35  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone!

I need to check the TBL threads more often, I didn't realized we had our own team thread.

Anyway, it's nice to meet everyone. I don't think I had any of you ladies on my team on the last challenge except for Diva. At least that is what I recall. Forgive me if I am wrong.

Here's just a little bit about me. My name is Tera. I'm 23, currently unemployed and was supposed to go back to college this semester, but there were problems. So, maybe in the fall I'll go back. My goal for this challenge is to lose consistently and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I found out I am going to Florida yet again this summer (I've been going every summer for the past 8 years, you'd think that would be motivation to lose weight years ago).

Good luck everyone!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #36  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

Hi ladies!!

Quite a team we have here!
My name is Denise, I have 4 kids, and work part time. This is my second TBL challenge... I was on the blue team last time, (anyone else?) and while I wasn't as successful as I had hoped to be, I stuck with it and lost 12 lbs. This time around, I want to lose at least twenty (or more), and be really consistant with exercise and eating properly. I know, easier said than done! So, here we go on an amazing 12 week journey!!
Old 01-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

HI everyone! So happy to 'meet' all of you! Will be tough to keep up with everyone and do personals everyday, but I want to try, so here's a few!

Amy - Congrats on almost finishing law school! I bet you are so excited that all that hard work is about to pay off!

Kate - Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Pretty neat that your daughter will get to be there. Is she gonna be a flower girl? Aww!!!

Bridgette - Aww, thanks for the compliment on my dd! I think she's pretty cute, too, but I'm biased! lol

Tamara - If you stick to 1300-1500 cals per day at your weight, I bet you'll lose quick! I am around the same weight and losing at 2000 cals today. I have trouble sticking to that, so you're doing great if you can keep yours that low! Keep up the good work!

Diva - This time will be a success!!!!!!!! I'm proud of you for signing up for another challenge! That shows how committed you are to keep trying. Way to go!

Will try to do more personals in a little while. Baby just got up from her nap!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #38  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. I'm Jen and I'm happy to be on the black team again. This will be my 3rd BL challenge, the other 2 I dropped out of but not gonna happen this time!!!! I have extra motivation to stay on course....I'm pregnant! Not that I'm planning on losing loads of weight but let's face it, eating the number of calories and exercising the way I should even being pregnant I will lose weight. This is just added incentive to keep to my goals. I have talked to lots of overweight women who lost weight during pregnancy and my doctor is fine with it as long as the baby is growing and developing properly.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hello BLACK team!! I'm SO GLAD we have our own thread!!

I'm Mindy and I live in Idaho. After having 2 boys I lost 70 pounds using GWTP about 12 years ago when it first came out. All but 8 pounds came back when I stopped exercising and slowly got back into my old eating habits.

I started losing weight last year. Lost some on my own and then joined Weight Watchers. I've lost just over 25 pounds and have 60 to go.

For me, I really need to exercise to lose weight. My goal for this challenge is to earn at least 49 Activity Points per week. I started this challenge at 188.7 and would like to get down to 163 so I'm "overweight."

Best of luck to all of you!! Let's kick some A*S!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/250

Height: 5'9"

Hey Black Team!!

My name is Heather, I am 23 years old, and am from Ohio. I was on the black team last challange and loved it and hopefully this time will be better!! I didn't lose very much last go round, but plan on doing better this time. I am getting ready to start on WW, and can't wait. I fell like this program could actually work for me.

I don't have a set goal, just to lose more than last time, and get moving more. I work at a small bank as a teller so I am sitting all day! But I will try to work out at least 3 times a week. I think once I start seeing results from the WW, that will inspire me to get moving more because I will lose even more!

I look forward to getting to know eveyone!! Here we go again Black Team!!!

Last edited by HeatherMc; 01-14-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #41  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Afternoon Fellow Black Team Members. My name is Laurie and I am doing Pure/LA Weight Loss. My center closed at the end of the year so I am now attempting to do this on my own and really need help staying focused. That is why I entered into this challenge. In December 2006 I weighed 205 and when I signed up with LAWL in May 2007 my weight was 198. I currently weigh 175, give or take depending on the day. I would ideally like to be around 160 but have been stuck at 175 or so since July. I'm not sure if I'm just getting lazy about what I eat or if my body just likes this weight. I'm trying to be diligent about losing the rest of the weight but I admit I am a little frustrated at this point. As for working out, I really enjoy using the eliptical and as soon as I carpet the family room this weekend, I am going to go buy one. My goal for this challenge is to get closer to goal weight - or at least into the 160's - and to exercise at least 4 times a week.

As for me personally, I am 50 years old, have 2 children and 5 grandchildren. I work full time at a labor union office and have been here for 23 years. Only 7 more to go before I retire. I can't wait!!! I am single but living with DBF of 2 years and am just loving life right now.

Let's rock this challenge and show the blue and red teams what we're made of. Have a great night everyone and I'll try to hop back on here in the morning.

Last edited by chiquita623; 01-14-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #42  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Wow - so many people - it is a bit overwhelming! It will just take some time.

I am reluctantly skipping my dance class tonight since the remnants of my cold are lingering. I think it is better to heal than to push myself and prolong things. It still amazes me that I now get disappointed by not being able to work out. I would never have thought it a few years ago.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:31 PM   #43  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Nancy, it is for the best that you take care of yourself!

I am new to the Black Team too, and don't see many of my former Blue teammates around! Its going to be exciting to get to know all of you. Last challenge, I promised myself to NOT give up at all and to always show a loss...I was the biggest loser on my team last time and I am not sure if I can make that promise to myself this time as I have a few health issues to cope with that are dragging at me. (I've had to take steroids a few times and may have to continue).

So, I plan on sticking to my plan and doing my best, but am being gentle with myself compared to last time.

I can't wait to get to know you all!

Go Black Team!

Last edited by SoulBliss; 01-14-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Okay ladies. I will admit, I lurk on the other teams chats also. So, I saw this on the Blue teams chat and thought we could use it over here too! (Thanks Rhonda....by way of Melissa....lol) So just copy and paste it into a reply and let us know about you!

1. What do you prefer we call you? Julie or Julz or LondonJulz

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Weight Watchers since Aug. 15, 2007. And, Helga: Mistress of Pain and Torture (aka, Jessie my personal trainer who I love dearly!)

3. What is your favorite exercise? um.... Treadmill or Rex (the elliptical bike at our gym)

4. What is one area that you struggle? I tend to get discouraged easily.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? I'm at such a point in my weight loss that I want to see how much further I can push myself! So, while I may get discouraged... I'm too far into it to quit or give up.

6. What is your short term goal? To be in a size 14 dress by March 4th (hubby got me Michael Buble tickets for Christmas...we're going to have a 2 day trip to go see him ... and the concert is 4 days before our Anniversary...)

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal?
A sexy dress to wear to the concert!

8. Best weight loss tip? WATER!!!!!!!! And when you feel like your body can't do anymore (push ups, running, crunches, etc).... then always do 2 more! (a tip from Jessie)

9. Bob or Jillian? For what? I do love Jillian. But for training, I'd have to have Jillian. I'd make a fool of myself in front of Hottie Body Bobby.

10. Tell us about yourself!
I'm 27 (28 on Feb. 4), I have a wonderful hubby that I've been married to for almost 5 years. We have 2 gorgeous kiddos who will be 3 on Jan. 31 and 2 on Feb. 11. I LOVE Florida Gators Football!!! I love to be a "helper" and I'm a generally positive person!

Last edited by LondonJulz; 01-14-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #45  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Thanz Mel (Hun.e.B) for making up this questioneer and thanks Julz for stealing it! LOL! I lurk too! All my friends are spread out everywhere!

1. What do you prefer we call you? Diva or Roni

2. What weightloss plan are you using? YOU on a Diet (YOAD) & Calorie counting and exercise.

3. What is your favorite exercise? Dancing/ aerobics.

4. What is one area that you struggle? I tend to get discouraged easily and Caving into junk food when everyone around me is partaking.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at?
Once I get going, I think I rock on the exercise front, but if I go a few days without it's hard to get back going again.

6. What is your short term goal? To be in the 180's by the end of this challenge.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? CLOTHES and maybe some kinky loving, hehe!

8. Best weight loss tip? WATER!!!!!!!! Watching the carbs has also worked for me.

9. Bob or Jillian? For what? Jillian def as a trainer because she'd kick my *** but Bob for other things hehe!

10. Tell us about yourself! I LOVE Florida Gators & Washington Redskins Football!!!! I love Rock and Roll music and I don't at all FEEL like I am almost 41. I still feel like I am in my 20's.

Last edited by Diva; 01-14-2008 at 06:22 PM.