Old 02-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #676  
Goodbye Fat!

I ready to recommit with you babygrant. I feel like I have stalled on my weightloss. Last summer and fall I lost 30 pounds and now I feel like I am moving in slow motion with the weightloss. I am going to kick it into high gear at the gym and be vigilant about what I put into my mouth. Nothing high in sugar and fat. The key will be maintaing a healthy diet on the weekends. I can do it during the week when I have a schedule, but weekends are horrible for me. Planning is going to be my key word!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:36 PM   #677  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

You know I was also thinking they dropped out because of a gain...but I was really hoping it wasn't.

We work as a team and we support each other as a team. We aren't going to trample over someone if they fall, we are going to hold our hands out and help them up.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #678  

Just got done my exercise. I did 25 minutes WATP (2 miles). Didn't do the cool down at the very end because my little guy has the flu and he woke up from his nap.

I think i've had a fairly good day so far in terms of eating. For breakfast I had 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup skim milk and 1/2 banana. Snack I had 1/2 cup natural yogurt with 1/2 packet sweet 'n low and 1/4 cup granola. Lunch I am having leftover stir fry from last night with 1/2 cup brown rice. Snack I will have an apple and maybe peanut butter depending on how hungry I am. Dinner time I am having a broiled chicken breast, steamed cauliflower and peas. I am going to stop my night time snacking as well, so no snacks after dinner time. We eat dinner at 5, I am in bed at 9:30 and I get up with my kids between 5 and 6. I can go 12 hours without food.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #679  

Forgot to say! Congrats WindyCityChick!! 5 lb loss!!! YOU ROCK!!!

Also congrats KrispieD! Your weight loss is incredible. You are doing so well!!!!!

I think we should all focus on our victories, not our losses, know what I mean? The days following a weigh in, the conversations just seem to go down because we realize we lost team mates. But we just have to concentrate on digging in our heals and moving onward. We are all doing a wonderfull job!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #680  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Thanks Babygrant.. at my heaviest I was 251 lbs..so it's been a long battle but well worth the fight.
I have to say that since joining this challenge I have been motivated to exercise much more often and am now trying for a minimum of 20 mins a day on my eliptical machine.. whenever my kids let me get on it!
I set a new ticker for myself to keep motivated and it's all due in large part to all of you and this challenge.
I've had weeks where I've gained, stayed the same etc so can relate to everyone's stories.. biggest thing is having to tough it out and wait for the next reward on the scale or in inches.
Thanks for all of the great ideas, motivation and support. For those of you who have found it hard or frustrating I'm posting my webshots album so you can see some visible motivation and know that if I can do it you can do it!

http://community.webshots.com/album/556425631CtSnyZ
Old 02-13-2007, 05:55 PM   #681  

Height: 5'6''

Krispie, are you doing a formal exercise challenge or just your own (1000 minutes)? I would love to join in!
Old 02-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #682  

I won I won!!! I won a book by Anne Fletcher....signed by her too!! I get to choose from Weight Loss Confidential, or Thin for Life, or Thin for Life Daybook, or Eating Thin for Life. Anyone have any experience with these books? I don't know which one to choose!!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #683  
Kristen-LAWL

Hmm I don't know any of those books!

Charity I just decided last week I wanted to aim for exercise 4 times a week so starting off with 20mins on my machine.. then I thought a ticker might help me be more accountable so I did 20 yesterday and 25 today and thought 1000 sounded like a good number.. It will take 50 days to reach if I'm doing 20 mins a day so I thought that might be something I can look to reach nearing the end of challenge to help that weight keep coming off!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #684  

I decided to go with the book Thin For Life.

I sorta kinda feel like I'm talking to myself today.

What is everyone doing tommorow for Valentines day? The hubby and I aren't doing anything because he has to work afternoon shift But I think on the weekend we'll leave the kids with my inlaws and we can go out for a drink.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #685  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Woo hoo - way to go Blue team! I am happy to have led the Blues to another week's victory. Congrats to everyone who has lost. And a big congrats to our overall leader KrispieD, your loss is phenomenal.

About the folks who have dropped along the way, I join with babygrant in hoping that people are not dropping out because of a week or two when they are gaining or stalled on the weight loss. Yes, this is a challenge, and winning is fun, but the most important thing is that we all stick together and support each other, regardless of what the scale says.

Good luck to everyone in facing the trials of Valentine's Day tomorrow - here's wishing that you receive more flowers than chocolates!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:24 PM   #686  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Uh oh - I just looked at the album KrispieD posted. What a transformation, it's amazing to see how far you've come. But, when I hit the last picture, that's when the trouble set in. Who knew you were a PACKER fan! As a Bears fan, it's just almost too painful to enjoy looking at photos of people in the gold and green.

Just kidding of course - it's a great set of photos, and you look fab with your munchkins.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:43 PM   #687  

WOW KrispieD...you DO look smokin' hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:48 AM   #688  

Height: 5'6''

Well, DH and I had a nice V-Day planned. We were going to go out to lunch, and um, well have fun

However, its a snow day here and daycare is closed. Oh well, we will still have a great day with dd too! DH's b-day is Friday, so we can save the festivities until then!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:54 AM   #689  
Kristen-LAWL

We had a date day planned too.. now it includes the kid.. hey doing Playdough is kind of romantic isn't it???

Happy and Safe Valentines to all you super losers!
Old 02-14-2007, 09:30 AM   #690  

Charity - have fun with DD for valentines day today! You can always "celebrate" with DH after she goes to bed

KrispieD - playdough can defenitely be romantic. Hehe. Playdough sculpting?