Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 12:00 PM   #181  

S/C/G: +71/+30/0

Height: 5'3"

Quick check-in. Yesterday was on plan and weight is holding. Really hopeful some foods have thawed out in the fridge for my lunch today.

Karen, have a great hike! I didn't realize how quick it was. I was thinking it was more of a trek.

Curly, glad to read the allergy symptoms have cleared. The work party sounds fun.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 04-29-2022, 05:43 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 173/180/ 165

Height: 5'6

Happy Friday.

Weight down again on the last day of my fast. I usually do a little substitute of my three bite eggs. The soup idea makes me sick by now. I have little one day fast boxes from Prolon I bought on super sale. I might extend through Monday. I am now at the weight that would have been considered a "normal" BMI in 1998. feels good. I think at this point of life, fitness and wardrobe, anything under 170 is awesome and sustainable.

Under life is new and interesting, I was going to buy a new modern pair of jeans for spring/summer. Looking at the Busybee styling I realized my perfect rise was high at least 10 inches. I realized I had a straight leg Levis size 10 with a high rise that was exactly what was being sold except the store showed a 27 inseam and ankle fringe. So I watched a you tube and fringed them. Saved $100 bucks and they look great !!!

Also, before I forget to mention, if you have a Panera next to you: they are having a free drink club until July 4th. I have been picking up PinkDrinks like Starbucks have for $4.00 but they are free. Also there have been discounts on bakery so twice now i have picked up scones and drinks for DS for $1.19 total. the Panera is on my way home from school so no extra trip. I order on the app, pay with applepay and never have to talk to anyone. Fun.

nationalparker: Lizzo is new to me. I'll have to check her out.
Karen: bon Voyage.
BBE: You reminded me of taking DS to hearing as a little tyke. He had the booth but a monkey laying with symbols came on. I think that would work with gentlemen of distinction as well
curley: Great to keep plugging away with exercise. it is day 11 for me with 30 days of yoga with Adrienne. I am loving it. Really achievable.
Joy: I made the decision against the store until Sunday.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:23 AM   #183  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday- English physicist J. J. Thomson announces discovery of the electron (1897)

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Eating was on plan with no daytime snacks, CREDIT moi. Dinner was a soup/stew of white beans, spinach, fennel, onions, and red bell peppers. Super good. Washed it down with a slice of cheese toast. The fennel was subtle; I'd have hoped for it to stand out more. Sorta just sat there like celery. Get to claim being vegetarian for another day. Methinks DW is taking us in a new direction - just without a formal announcement.

The lock down forcing us to attend events by Zoom had a plus last night. DW talked me into Zooming into a performance of ancient music - near Gregorian chant style. Terrific orchestra, terrific location, terrific singers - just not my thing. It was so easy to tune out and do something else with my time. My apologies to Claudio Monteverdi for not liking his music. I'm still working on Dvorak.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Always enjoy being reminded that food doesn't fix any problem except hunger. It certainly can't unvacillate your plans for the day.

maryann - There's a Panera within walking distance of my house. It's terrifying to learn that I can get scones at half price since I don't have a hungry young man at home to consume them. Congrats for reaching a normal BMI by 1998 standards. Methinks it unfair that "they" are moving the goal posts in the BMI world.

nationalparker – Good luck scheduling your HVAC contractor. Went off to listen to Lizzo's About Damn Time as I type here. Waking me up for sure.

Karen (karenrn) - Waving toward the Grand Canyon. Bon Voyage. Super excited about your trip. Have a great hike.

curlyjax - Congrats for your response to the bathroom contractor - that'd you'd just paint your way out of a $450 fix. Getting your fix of tulips sounds fun.

Penny. - "Thaw, foods, thaw!" Hope this helps, LOL.

Readers -
Quote:
Chapter 5 Stage 2 - The Think Thin Initial Eating Plan

Graph Your Weight Loss

Every morning when you step on the scale and see the result, get in the habit of looking at your starting weight and telling yourself, Since the beginning, the number on the scale is down by ___ pounds ... That is great!

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), Pg 125.
Old 04-30-2022, 10:27 AM   #184  

S/C/G: +71/+30/0

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Staying on plan and no progress with weight.

A coworker asked about my surgery and promptly said her hysterectomy (with ovaries out too) lead her to ovarian cancer eight years later. Apparently you can still get ovarian cancer without ovaries because the ovarian cells have already shed all over the pelvic area. I don't think the surgery is related, but thanks for the support. Jeez.

Nationalparker, I love going to concerts! My son has us seeing Rex Orange County in June. It's an outdoor concert.

Bill, I can't remember anything you said besides cheese toast. Ha! That sounds good. Oh yes, and the zoom concert that didn't manage to capture your attention. I'm having that problem right now with a fantasy series my daughter is having us read together. It's boring but I'm trying to fake it. Not very well since I already said it's boring out loud. lol
Old 04-30-2022, 10:44 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

I woke up a few times early this morning and just woke up for good at 9:00, very rare for me. I guess I really needed some sleep, or i’m depressed, or both. I have a lovely unstructured weekend ahead, and the last time i’ll have one to myself until september, so i’m going to enjoy it. I realized I am looking forward to having some young energy around the house, even when they drive me crazy
Tulip picking was nice-I love having all different colors of tulips. I haven’t been to this farm before and its not too far from my house, so I will definitely plan to visit in the summer for flowers and veggies. We passed a barbecue place on the way and I’m craving it now, so I may get a sandwich for my dinner as a treat. I need to figure out if the lawn needs mowing or can wait another week until DS is home. Today I’m staying focused on not emotionally eating and getting some exercise in.
Penny- that’s awful what your colleague said, geez indeed. People definitely don’t always think when they’re talking.
Bill-I wouldn’t be able to get into that type of music either. What I have enjoyed listening to in person is shape note singing- i’ll try to get a link for it.
My friend just called to get coffee so i’m zipping off. Happy weekend everyone!
Old 04-30-2022, 11:20 AM   #186  

Yeah Saturday!

Last night the three of us watched the first of the Chris Nolan Batman triology. DS says it is a must. So wonderful to all be together ribbing each other and the movie.

I finished the fast at a total of six pounds down. My hope is to keep on the low calories, high protein fruits and veggies through Sunday to take the small dip back into the 60s. Then I will just work to maintain. I will do my yoga today. I have several to dos and am just deciding what order. I do have a massage at 10:45 . Yeah!! Also we have a one yearlbday for a GNephew. I hope I get to hold him.

Curley: I absolutely have to mow the lawn tomorrow. No guesswork.
BBE: I got the focaccia at Panera for last nights dinner. Stale. You aren't missing anything.
Penny: Good for you with reading with DD. It makes all the difference in the world. I point to our practice of shared reading to one of the major points of success with DS.

Wave to all
Old 04-30-2022, 11:39 AM   #187  
Green Tomatoes

Yesterday's excitement was feeling an earthquake. Only 2.8 but the epicenter was quite close to our house so it was a big bang and jolt. I was doing yoga at the time and DH thought that I fell out of a balance pose.

Exercise +55, 1495/1400 minutes for April

nationalparker: I loved Lizzo's Tiny Desk Concert. Such great scat-singing. So much humor. So many bad words.
Old 04-30-2022, 04:04 PM   #188  

A second posting for the day - stating an intention for the bday party. I will not eat the food there. I will drink at least two bottles of water. I will bring my own little pack of chocolate nibs and walnuts. Had a massage that was great.

Three cheers for our side.
Old 05-01-2022, 07:02 AM   #189  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the May 2022 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – May 2022 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:

List of Monthly Beck Threads for Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Closed Thread