Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 05:29 AM   #31  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday - Hula-Hoop patented (1963)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – A stinging small snow storm was the excuse for not walking. Ouch. It wasn't that much snow and it's all gone this morning. It was just enough to remind me that winter isn't over just because February is.

The real positive step was to leave the supermarket with no treats that I'd have to resist. CREDIT moi for the obvious, but I had carefully planned to buy none. Often they tend to jump into my shopping cart to be used for snacks at some gathering. Then they sit in the pantry calling my name. Let them call from the supermarket; I won't hear them from here.

onebyone – Super Kudos for handling your Italian buffet with grace. What an example of a persistent food pusher.

maryann - Ouch for that continued dishwasher extravaganza; you do seem to have an unusual one there. I join the others offering Kudos for consistent exercise.

nationalparker – Those little thin crust pizzas sound great. Ouch for coyote trouble for your dog. Kudos for taking her to the vet when that's you felt you had to do.

Karen (karenrn) - Kudos for sending those dates out of the house - sugar bombs, them. The WORST thing that can happen to me in life is to bite into an oatmeal raisin cookie and encounter a chocolate chip. Devastating! Yay for folks having different tastes.

curlyjax - Yep, Kudos for making that salad for lunch despite running late.

Sandy (love2garden) - Great CBT notion, "IF and WHEN I really make the effort and am consistent." Drooling over "Shrimp with Zucchini."

Ani (dailypractice) - LOL at "brief argument with potato chips" - they are persistent. Kudos for that “on plan” for 24 hours. [Thanks for the CBT summary: “changing of habits” and strengthening muscles.]

Readers -
Quote:
Chapter 5 Food Pusher Traps

#1: The Chronic Hard Sell Trap

"It's usually a lot of fun," Laura said. "We swim in the lake, hike a lot we cook together. But in terms of my eating, it's really, really hard." She would follow her food plan all winter and spring and feel good about herself when summer began. But her healthy eating habits fell by the wayside on the free-for-all weekends. Everyone ate and drank pretty much without restraint and pushed Laura to do the same. No matter how much she tried to resist, it didn't help. "I always end up giving in," she sighed. "It's really frustrating. By the end of the summer, I gain back whatever I had lost during the rest of the year, and I have to start all over again. I'm in a bad cycle, and I want to change it."

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., Deborah Beck Busis, The Diet Trap Solution, Train Your Brain to Lose Weight and Keep It Off for Good (Blue book), pg. 86
Old 03-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

hi coaches-DH and I actually went out last night which we haven't done in ages! to see a bluegrass band. Nice to do that and still be in bed at 10:30 I just am not a late night person. The band was young and energetic, and it was very nice to be out, we will have to do that more often! I started thinking, who can I invite to things like this, to expand my social circle and make myself get out more. Everyone is so busy these days it seems.
I avoided the food there only because I had a big muffin at home for dessert and felt ill from it!

As the weather finally gets warmer I'm hoping my motivation comes back too.
Dailypractice- that book sounds interesting! yes, i think we all fall into the trap of making things for others thinking its a treat!
Bill- I feel the opposite of you for oatmeal cookies and chocolate chips
Old 03-05-2016, 11:16 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

The scale tells me what I am doing is not working.I need to be more rigid. The rules I am consistent with are not enough to keep the scale number moving down. Here are the rules I have followed for months:

No sweets at work.
No more than 40% of my calories a day from carbs.
Sit down while I eat.
5 or more fruits and veggies a day.

All this and still I creep up. I have changed my ticker because "one or two pounds away" has become "five or six pounds away" and that obvious is reflecting what is happening to me. So here we go again. What else is the truth:

I have started to slip on sitting down EVERY TIME I eat.
I have not been finishing the day with MFP. I eat morning plan and then veer off my the afternoon.
I am not weighing and measuring like I was a month ago.

So…. I know that I can't start some rigorous plan this month like WW or Virgin Diet. This month is CRAZY busy with DS confirmation retreat, national piano adjudication and Ireland. I am going back to Beck "special event" plan. What can I do? Well, I plan to maintain this month. I have pants that will fit me through the trip. I have a fitbit on and will keep to my commitment of 30 active minutes a day. I will replace at least one meal a day with a protein bar or smoothie or two meals with one of each. I will follow through with MFP and record EVERYTHING. That should be ok to maintain.

I have reread my advantage cards and they are very powerful. So I will continue to read them. This is the one I really hear this morning:

The more important a call or action is to our soul's evolution, the more resistance we feel pursuing it.. . the warrior and the artist (food addict) live by the same code of necessity which dictates that the battle must be fought everyday."

I seem to be to self distracted this morning to do personals Forgive me. I promise to hold up my share of the dialogue soon. That is what is great about this site. Everybody pitches in at different times to keep the ball rolling (except of course BBE who gets the generous poster award - lifetime achievement)

Last edited by maryann; 03-05-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:18 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Coaches and [B]Buddies[B].

I thought about posting several times lat night, but ultimately forgot! Oops! I have the starting symptoms of a cold, so I have been making myself rest a lot. Yesterday food was on plan, and I was able to choose healthy portions of healthy foods for both meals. The offerings are generally very healthy at that type of departmental event, and I really appreciated it yesterday. I did not have the agony over choosing what I needed to select. There was no internal conflict as has been the case all of my life, just knew what I needed to select. It was a relief not to have the internal battle of "today is a special day/I deserve a treat/I need to eat healthfully for me/I need to eat healthfully to not get judged by others". It was so wonderful. I had no planned exercise, but did do much more walking than normal, so it worked out fine calorie-wise.

I have not read that Beck book covering the Memory Box, and found this description when I searched for it: https://bellaonthebeach.wordpress.co...diet-for-life/

Ani (Daily Practice), congratulations on the winning argument! That is an interesting idea to market your own healthy food options to oneself.

Bill Bye Eyes, my mind goes to Doctor Who when you discuss eveywhen. Tough break about the unexpected reception. But, great job for getting in your walking to the movie, and I am sure Saturday will be better since the snow will be gone.

Curly Jax, great news that you were able to get back on track after a bad outing.

Karen, R. N., great idea about the backpack loops for walking! Too bad that the last few days were "not good food wise". Good choice about getting the dates out of reach. Wow! That is a big step to share your food diary. I didn't know that is an option. I hope your hike today was fantastic!

Mary Ann, great news that "exercise is more consistent" in spite of your dishwasher woes.

National Parker, I am glad you got to enjoy a well-earned day off! What a relief that your pup is OK! I think it was a good idea to get her checked out last night. Bite wounds can get nasty fast!

One by One, that is great news that you are feeling better and did not give in! I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR SUCCESS FOR THE MEAL PART AT AN ITALIAN BUFFET!!! I bet if you focus on that successful part of the meal, you can expand it longer to chose less/differently/alternatives for the dessert part next time. Great job!

Sandy (Love 2 Garden), yay for not having fried shrimp!

Last edited by FutureFitChick; 03-05-2016 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:53 PM   #35  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon coaches,

Food was on plan and within calories yesterday, credit. Yesterday's exercise was a 5 1/2 mile walk on the greenbelt in the area. So much quicker than driving to the trailhead, etc. Weight was down 1 pound. Today is on plan so far. Dh and I hiked a 10 mile loop this morning. No problem for me, but he's a bit tired (napping now) and one hip is sore. I know it is much more tiring when you're hurting. He did well though, in spite of the discomfort.

I'm frustrated with getting our bank accounts put in our trust. I like the firm we bank with, but their system is a bit cumbersome. There are no local offices, so everything is on the computer and they won't accept attachments as large as I want to send. Heaven help me get through this process soon.

FutureFitChick I hope you can fight off the cold. I managed to keep from getting the last two dh had. Get your rest and plenty of fluids.

Maryann Darn but there seems to be a pretty fine line between maintaining and gaining. Sometimes it seems so hard. Good luck with tightening things up enough to maintain at least through your big trip.

Curlyjax I'm glad you had a good time on your evening out. We don't go out very often either, but mostly it is always fun and I think they same as you, "Why don't we do this more often?"

Bill Good for you for getting home from the store with no treats. I hate when they call my name and yes it's much better when they are at least calling from a distance.

Onebyone Good for you for getting right back on plan. Sometimes that is the very best thing we can do.

Nationalparker So sorry to hear about your pooch. I would have run him in to the vet also. Those puncture wounds can be nasty. I hope he is doing okay today and that you are able to relax a bit.

I'd better get cleaned up and get something done today. Have a good weekend everybody!
Old 03-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #36  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

I will check in here before the evening gets away from me. After a week of diligently entering everything into MFP (thank you to all who reminded me that it's a good, free resource...), I weighed in this morning at 175.2. I was very happy, since my goal after only losing ounces, it seemed, was to be under 175 by month's end, at a pound a week or so. Setting next weekend's goal to be 174.0 or under. We shall see. Today has been on track, rode the stationary bike 11 miles and have chugged on that challenge. It appears that it will be just me doing it but I guess if I attain it all myself instead of splitting it up, that's fine too.

Our pooch finally started moving around this afternoon...I have a couple of meds to give her every 12 hours for the next week, and vet said to start this evening, so will go at 7, then I can do morning and evening with no issues. I want to give them to her NOW in case they help her feel better, but not pain med and know I won't be up at 6, nor home at 6 many days, so ... will wait until 7. She gave me a scare.

Bill - Thank you for the alert to PLAN to not bring home treats. I stood in the middle of my kitchen a while ago and said I WANT A COOKIE. I wanted a dry cookie to go with my tea. Then thought, I'm going to Trader Joe's later ... I'll pick up something. NO. I don't need them! I ended up getting into a box i froze of thin mints. Opened the second sleeve and took one, 40 calories. I have to honestly say it wasn't worth 40 calories - went down too easily. Compared to the half cup of raspberries. So thank you for that reminder that they won't call to me from the supermarket.

Maryann - Credits to you for continuing to tweak and figure out what works and what doesn't. A good reminder to me, too, to stick with the MFP because last time I stopped, I was still putting my breakfast and lunch in there and then dinner was "free" because if I didn't enter it, I didn't see how much over I was.

FutureFitChick - Get your rest this weekend - hope you can get out ahead of this cold. GREAT JOB at the departmental deal with not getting stuck in the mind games, foodwise.

OneByOne - That is BY FAR the most aggressive (but seemingly kind) food pusher I'd heard of in real life. My mind kept thinking of what I'd want to say, like I know you want good health for me, too, etc. but in the face of that, how tough that is. You did so, so well.

Karen - Have you ever tracked your annual mileage? That is impressive! My foot pain is self-diagnosed plantar fasciitis and it's been painful for a few months - maybe since October? Some days it's really painful and maybe 1-2 out of seven it's not as bad. Hope it passes soon. How goes the Peru pack? Good luck with the trust!

CurlyJax - Credits for a fun night out to celebrate the end of the week. Whatever reason for avoiding food out, works! I, too, agree with that, why don't we get out more to enjoy some things!? Hope you have an on plan weekend.

Love2Garden - I'm going to echo Bill - I love that line and put it in my journal as consistent effort and not just flitting around this to see success a la Beck.

Ani - Hope the chips didn't try to start up another chat I found a bag of sugar cookie kettle corn in the pantry - a leftover christmas gift that got shoved back and I forgot about. Hauled it out the other night, measured out my portion, counted it, and then pawned off the bag to DH. Not fair/right by me, but I wanted some but also didn't want to throw it out or have it around the house too long. I thought, he can have more calories than me. Terrible!
Old 03-05-2016, 09:35 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 149/147/130

Height: 5'6"

VERY off-plan lunch at a family birthday with huge quantities of food. I arrived with such a flimsy plan that it collapsed immediately. Saving graces: 1. breakfast was on plan. 2. MY contribution to the event was on plan: cold shrimp 3. I’m skipping dinner since I’m stuffed from all I ate earlier. (not that skipping meals is ideal, but heck, Beck suggests skipping meals during the “finding out how hunger feels” chapter so it can’t be all that bad can it and I really am not hungry.)

Takeaway learning: For future reference, I MUST arrive at such an event with a better, stronger plan. Vagueness doesn’t cut it.

Sandy (love2garden): Great to hear that after following CBT for awhile now you can say that “Several behaviors are now just second nature”. That’s the goal, I’d say, so that’s great. Your “Asian supper with shrimp” sounds delicious.

NationalParker: I’m so glad to hear your pooch is healing. Like you, I would DEFINITELY take mine to the vet in such a situation. Kudos on diligent tracking with MFP. (I’ve seen this mentioned now several times, I’ve got to look it up and give it a try… sounds like Becksters find it useful???)

onebyone I love the phrase “food-fending-off-fatigue”. I know the feeling. How nice though that you have a DH who is supportive and with whom you would have been able to stay OP. How vital that is to a program!

bill: I love the visual of the treats calling from the supermarket, a great image to keep in mind to encourage me to leave the cookies on the shelf.

KarenRN Good luck getting thru the financial process… sounds messy and as always: kudos for all the great exercise.

curlyjax: I got a chuckle out of your characterization of a good evening out. Home by 10:30. Sounds like me, except I’d prefer 9:30. And since several of you are weighing in on the oatmeal vs. chocolate chips… Either/or/both/and…. all works for me.

MaryAnn I applaud your recommitting to your goals, and kudos for re-reading of your advantages cards. I agree with you 100% that “the battle must be fought everyday”. When I first joined 3FC, I chose the name “daily practice” to remind myself of the mandatory dailyness of this process.

FutureFitChick How awesome that you have departmental events the offer very healthy choices… and I wish you the best in warding off the cold!

… and to everyone… have a great Sunday!

Ani
Old 03-05-2016, 10:17 PM   #38  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Default On,plan today

Coaches

Phone's check I. So tiny keyboard and weird punctuation alert!

My food was on plan today but the Desire for extra food for more choices for sugar and craby things has reawakened. I didn't give in and after a few days it will go dormant if not fed. I'm not feeding it. Nope.

Today I finally completed that painting I've been struggling with. geezlouise it was a toughie. I'll attach an image. It's called High Noon, Key West Style. It's from a photo I took there. I was walking ong and this chicken was striding toward me, the rooster trailing behind. We locked eyes and this chicken and I played chicken! Who would get out of who's way. In the end she just moved to the left of me, and scooted out and around and back o to the sidewalk. It was the funniest thing!

Gotta go. Very tired after another very good day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpkfc4gFPM.jpg (16.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by onebyone; 03-05-2016 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:42 PM   #39  

Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Today I planned to take a shorter walk than normal due to my cold. I wanted to move some, but chose to rest instead. Breakfast was on plan. Lunch was WAAAYY off plan comfort food. Dinner was reduced to accommodate lunch's extra calories, but I was a lot over my goal because of the lack of exercise. I drank what seemed like a dozen cups of tea, and unfortunately paired a lot of those with little cookies. But, I did track them all. I forgive myself for being so off plan, and am moving forward! I expect to be back to normal with the cold, exercise, eating, and work tomorrow.

Ani (Daily Practice, you are so right that "vagueness doesn't cut it"! Thanks for the excellent reminder.

Karen, R. N., great job getting in the hike with your husband!

National Parker, congratulations on the scale moving in the right direction!

One by One, your painting is lovely! Great job on the reminder that "after a few days [sugar cravings] will go dormant if not fed.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:28 AM   #40  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday - Michelangelo born (Caprese, 1475)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Walked, CREDIT moi, to a new place with DW to see if any birds thought spring was coming. We saw a Red-winged Blackbird - my first for the year. So there's hope.

Eating went well during the day and would have closed out in the good-enough category until we attended a reception after the concert. We didn't have to go, but we did. My one act of sanity was to refuse a seriously appealing oatmeal raisin cookie since they tend to have a zillion calories. And I refused the liquid calories. (I did learn that the cadenza in Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 2 can be entirely improvised. Such fun to know that we heard the only time that one will be played exactly that way. In my next life I'm going to learn something about music; until then, just go and appreciate.)

onebyone – Cracks me up this playing chicken with a chicken. Love the notion that the cravings will go dormant if unfed.

FutureFitChick – Yay for a department that serves healthy food. Thanks for the link to the Memory Box Beck strategy.

maryann - Thanks for "the battle must be fought everyday" - it's easy for me to slip into thinking it's over.

nationalparker – Kudos for food diligently recorded. Glad to hear that the pup is healing.

Karen (karenrn) - Ouch for having to hassle with a Bank - seems like they used to serve customers, but now they sell 'products.'

curlyjax - That bluegrass concert sound fun - Congrats for getting out.

Ani (dailypractice) - Kudos for bring cold shrimp to a bash so that you had a healthy choice. My take is that skipping a meal after unexpectedly consuming a bunch is a good recovery option.

Readers -
Quote:
Chapter 5 Food Pusher Traps

#1: The Chronic Hard Sell Trap

First we needed to figure out what type of food pushers she was dealing with. "When your family pushes food and drinks on you, do you think they're doing it so you'll be taking part in the things they're doing?" I asked. "Or are they deliberately trying to sabotage you?"

Laura said they definitely fell in the first category. "I guess they think I won't have fun - or maybe they think they won't have as much fun - if I don't eat and drink like them," she said. Laura describe a typical Saturday night. The family would have a big barbeque on the deck, with lots of beer and the works: hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs, corn on the cob, coleslaw, and potato salad. And at least a couple of desserts.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., Deborah Beck Busis, The Diet Trap Solution, Train Your Brain to Lose Weight and Keep It Off for Good (Blue book), pg. 86
Old 03-06-2016, 08:43 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

morning coaches! quick hello before the day escapes me.
credit yesterday for walk at the gym- i have a much better time walking now, listening to podcasts of Wait Wait, don't tell me- I finally figured out how to make them work on my phone. now i need to figure out how to strap the phone to my body so it doesn't jiggle around and lose the podcast.
Demerit for eating snacks last night. My DS had two friends over to play board games (yes, not computer or video and we bought snacks which I got into. Its rare that we have chips around, and oreos....i still crave all that store bought stuff.
today DD wants go make choc. chip cookies so I will really have to stay firm!!
Wave to all, hope your weather is good today! so great to see the sun!
Old 03-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #42  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Good morning coaches,

Down another pound, so that takes care of the two pounds I was up. Credit for a 5 1/2 mile walk on the greenbelt paths this morning. Food is planned for the day and in MFP, so if I change the plans or eat anything additional I'll have to make changes to MFP.

I think I finished with the banking stuff, which was just to ensure they had proper pages of the trust instead of the nice concise Certificate of Trust that was prepared just for that purpose. The worst part was just scanning the appropriate pages and ensuring I didn't try to send too much. I do think it would be easier to just go in someplace and have them copy what they need, but oh well. I really just want this completed before we leave for our trip. I sure don't want to die and have someone (my brother) have to deal with probate.

Curlyjax I have a SPIbelt that I use sometimes to put my phone in when I walk. Actually mostly when I'm at the gym. You can see them at SPIbelt.com. The pouch is made of a very stretchy fabric and my phone fits in there easily. When I walk I wear some old shorts from REI that have zippered pockets. Of course they changed the style to one that doesn't work as well, so I'm wearing some really old shorts.

Bill Refusing an oatmeal raison cookie is almost saintly. I'm not sure if oatmeal raison or molasses/ginger are my favorite. What I do know is that one is not enough and I want MORE.

FutureFitChick Good for you for cutting back on dinner and I hope today is a better day. One day off plan isn't what really does us in, it's continuing that as you well know.

Onebyone I love your painting. You are so very talented!

Dailypractice Oh those food events are tough. Especially when the food is good. Why is it that sometimes we can make that plan and follow it and other times it is just too hard? Heaven help me if I ever break a leg and can't get my exercise.

Nationalparker I'm thrilled for you that MFP is helping with the weightloss. I think I'll be journalling my food for the rest of my life if I plan to at least maintain. I am recording my mileage this year because I'm doing a 2000 mile challenge. I am only counting my walks/hikes, not just around the house stuff. So far I am at 363.8 miles, or 5.43 miles per day. I need to be 5.5 miles per day, but I think if I'm a little behind I'll make it up in Spain in the Fall. I'm not so sure this challenge is a good thing; I think I was focused enough without it and sometimes I don't want to do other things because I worry about getting my mileage in.

Okay, so I walked when I should have been at church this morning, so now I'm going to watch the next service on live video. That's bad isn't it . . . oh well, it's what I did today. More tomorrow.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 149/147/130

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Hello Everyone.
A better today, on plan so far. I’m glad there were no events to challenge my fragile resolve. At this point, it serves me well to limit the number of tricky events I say yes to. Instead of “doing lunch” a friend and I took a lovely walk/photo shoot in the downtown of my (very cute) little Florida town. Her fitbit said we did 10K steps. And as to food, we did well, even passing up the siren call of an ice cream shop.

My friend just started on a (well known) diet where you purchase a month’s worth of food. I’ve never seen how a commercial diet like that works, so it was interesting seeing the massive number of little packets in her cupboards and fridge. That doesn’t appeal to me but I wish her the best on it.

I made a big pot of pea soup this morning and had that for lunch. And no sugar drinks. I’m striving to keep to water, coffee and tea.

onebyone Yay for not giving in… And so true what you say that if you don’t give in, after a few days the craving will go dormant.

FutureFitChick Kudos for tracking the cookies. I have a (bad) tendency to “forget” to log such “oops’s” I like your saying “I forgive myself for being so off plan”. Beck keeps trying to tell us that beating ourselves up is a recipe for failure.

bill: Good to hear about your “one act of sanity”: refusing the oatmeal raisin cookie. You mention Beethoven. I just finished an excellent book “The Great Work of Your Life: A guide for the Journey to Your True Calling” by Stephen Cope. He has a wonderful section about Beethoven as an example of a person who managed to transform extreme difficulties in his life (various neuroses and deafness) into his dharma in life: music. An amazing person.

curlyjax: Glad to hear you figured out how to get the podcasts to work on your phone. What a great idea. I’ve put that on my to-do list..It’d sure can make gym workouts more enjoyable. (And I LOVE “Wait Wait, don't tell me”) so thanks for the idea.

KarenRN Good that you finished the financial stuff. I know what you mean about wanting to get such things in order before a big trip. I’m at a point also in life when I know we need to put time and effort into things like that.

… so that’s about that for today… I’m glad to be back on the Beck track and glad to be reconnecting with you all. It really helps.

Ani
Old 03-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #44  

Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Day was meh. Food was on plan. Did not exercise, just rested in bed all day. Credit for posting, since I really just wanted to go back to bed.

Ani (Daily Practice), glad Sunday was on plan for you and you got in a fantastic walk!

Bill Blue Eyes, great job getting in your work.

Curly Jax, great job getting to the gym.

Karen, R. N., great job entering in your food plan in to MFP!
Old 03-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #45  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

On plan day again today with everything logged into MFP. I thought I was going way off track by saying Yes to an italian cookie this evening after a semi-Italian dinner. I dropped my rice earlier today - all over. Cleaned that up and dropped the brown rice. All over. In the cleanup I found a container of unopened Italian cookies I brought back from Publix in Florida that I was saving for after Christmas. SO DH and I each enjoyed one tonight.

I got on the bike again today - knowing that tomorrow will be very busy. I did not want to at all - felt like I had to get too much done. Smoothie for lunch. I feel in control. Need to plan my lunch for tomorrow, though ... Have the makings of a good salad, so will plan on that, I guess, with chicken on it.

Bill - I have no idea how to connect a photo to this, but there is one that went around with an otter and a revolted yet CUTE face on him eating something and the caption was "oatmeal raisin when expecting chocolate chip" ... thought you'd appreciate, though in reverse.

Ani - Have to say, folks here suggested MFP, reminding me that I'd done it before. I think the first few days take the longest - but it allows you to link to a recipe and then it tries to match the ingredients and you go back through and edit a bit to make it right (so 1 TBSP isn't 1 CUP, which happened a few times but a quick process). I'm thinking this is helping me not ignore when I go over.

Karen - You reminded me of being a kid and asking mom if I could call Dial-A-Prayer instead of going to church one Sunday. No. haha ... I can totally see how you'd get invested in a mileage goal and focus on that to the detriment of other things. I think I could have that personality, too ... except i'm nowhere near as athletic as you are. Yet. I write that so I feel I could be
Closed Thread