Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #166  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Had a craving for a stir fry. I made chicken thighs. Made a peanut sauce from unsweetened peanut butter, water, vinegar and tabasco ( sort of based on a szechuan peanut sauce available in the local grocery store, with no sugar of course. I figured it out to be about 4 g carbs on my chicken.)
instead of rice, I grated a zucchini and fried it in olive oil until crispy. I think having the new fan helps to suck the moisture away tho.
So tasted pretty good I think. Figured a good supper was about 6g carbs that way!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #167  

I had a protein shake and a banana. My son has swim practice tonight so I had to grab something quick. I love everyone's ideas!

Last edited by jenntx71; 09-08-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #168  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Ground chuck with mixed greens, cream cheese, 1/2 & 1/2, a spoon of Rotel, a few green olives and pimientos. Was okay, wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

Cream cheese whip for dessert (unsweetened).
Old 09-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #169  
cher37

egg, brocolli, onion, bacon & cheese frittata

Old 09-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #170  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Cheeseburger Meatloaf...

Cook once, eat many times, this week. I'm having cheeseburger meatloaf from Monday's cook-a-thon. With it, I'm thinking sauteed asparagus (in olive oil) sprinkled with a little grated parmesan.

Hungry Girl Cheesecake (adapted for Atkins) for dessert.

It's been a long week - really glad tomorrow's Friday! This week has been much easier because I cooked ahead and didn't have to come home from school exhausted and prep and cook!

I'm cooking oven barbecued baby back ribs Sunday night to make three meals next week. (They were on sale last weekend) I'll probably buy a rotisserie chicken Sunday night and a steak for next week's dinners and lunches.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #171  
Less Juicey

Default Cauliflower Bacon Potato Salad...

I have a new recipe I've adapted to Atkins: Cauliflower Bacon Potato Salad:

1 head cauliflower, broken into florets and steamed until soft, but not
"mushy"
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. sour cream
3 T. white vinegar (add a packet of Splenda if you like a sweeter dressing)
8 slices of bacon, cooked and drained
3 ribs of celery finely chopped
1/4 c. chopped parsley (or chopped green onion tops if you like the flavor...or use both parsley and scallion tops)
Salt, freshly ground pepper to taste

Whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Add dressing to cauliflower florets. Add celery. Break the bacon into pieces and add bacon and parsley (or scallions). Chill for at least half an hour. If you make this a day ahead of serving, reserve the bacon and parsley to add near desired serving time.

Sorry, but I'm having the last of my delicious pot roast tonight with asparagus sauteed in olive oil and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Nothing new except the cauliflower potato salad!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #172  

The cauliflower-bacon salad looks nice.

Today's supper: HB eggs, lettuce, picked green beans, side of cream cheese whip
Old 09-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #173  

I had seaweed chips for a snack and then 3 eggs and a chicken sausage. I was starving when I got home!

Total for today (I am on induction but last time I did it I didn't know you weren't supposed to eat cheese or nuts on induction and ended up losing 20 lbs really fast so I am going to be flexible on the cheese and nuts again and see if I can still lose weight).

Bfast- string cheese (1), coffee with small amount of cream and half a sweet and lot (2)

snack - 1 slice cheese (1) and roast beef slice.

lunch - greek yogurt (7), cheese (1), roast beef

snack - seaweed chips (4)

dinner - 3 eggs (3) and 1 sausage (1)

I didn't do great on my veggies today although I ate a lot of dried seaweed.

Total - 20 carbs.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #174  

Readyfreddy, were those seaweed chips made of only seaweed? They sound interesting. I like seaweed.

Dinner today was quick and easy as I had to dash: ground chuck burger and lettuce.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #175  
Less Juicey

Default Dinner at Chili's

Shopping and dinner out with a friend at Chili's...my order:

1/2 rack Baby Back Ribs (original) 15 carbs*
steamed broccoli w/ranch dressing 2 carbs*
unsweetened iced tea

(Lots of water before and after)

*This information comes from Chili's nutritional information web site. Very handy if you're a Chili's fan.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #176  
Less Juicey

Default Sounds great!

Cher, your fritatta sounds really yummy. Would you share your recipe please or reference a cookbook or web site for me?

Thanks so much. We're going to have a great week!
Old 09-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #177  

Silver - ya just seaweed and seasoning! One had seasame oil and one wasabi poweder. They're good!

Last night I ate a looooot. But I did pretty well staying on plan but I don't feel like I'm in ketosis this am. I'll find out tomorrow.

Today: 2 eggs and 2.5 slices of bacon and coffee w cream and splenda (5 carbs)

lunch - avo (4), sauage (1)

dinner - salad (5) and sausage(1)

total 16
Old 09-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #178  

Readyfreddy, thanks. I'm going to go through my bags of seaweed and pick out something. Do you make your own sausage?

When I first started low carb, it took me several weeks to adjust. It was easier to eat less after those first few weeks of adapting to ketosis. I remember one morning that something just "clicked in" and I knew that I had finished that initial keto-adaptation. I find there are always adjustments and settling in periods.

I made a fancy breakfast this morning, so midday and evening are simple meals today. Ground chuck burger, freshly picked tomato, almond butter and mascarpone.

Last edited by SilverLife; 09-12-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: added a word
Old 09-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #179  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default fAV ATKINS SALAD

Diced avocado, diced cucumbers, diced red pepper (or tomatoes), a little vinegar to keep the avocado from browning, (can also used lemon juice, but I am allergic to it) and a bit of mayo to dress it.
mmm. went well with my little steak and scallions.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #180  
Less Juicey

Default Worst Dinner Ever!

I had dinner at Flo's Place in Garden City, SC - worst food ever! It's a hilarious place and might be lots of fun to go and drink there, but NEVER eat. The people were really nice, but the food was so bad, my daughter and I burst out laughing when we saw our dinner.

Thank God we decided to split an entree - should've been awesome. Baked Flounder garnished with a fried green tomato and a white cheese sauce. It WAS TERRIBLE and looked awful. My daughter had a salad on the side...totally sad and uninspiring; I had a side order of green beans. I ate all my green beans; they were decent. The flounder dish was a DEE-ASTER!

I didn't eat much for dinner...I'm having some sugar-free jello right now.

The awful dinner gave me a good idea on a new way to cook flounder; I'm sure I could use the idea and execute the dish so it would be wonderful.

Anybody on the South Carolina coast know someplace yummy to eat seafood in the Murrell's Inlet, Garden City, Surfside Beach, Pawley's Island area?
Closed Thread