Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 03:56 PM   #46  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Great idea!

Simona, that's such a good plan. Super quick and super easy! And I won't have a whole cheesecake sitting around to tempt me. I think it would really too easy to eat too much of a good thing - I'm rethinking making a whole cheesecake.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:29 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Cheesecake recipe

So I decided to post this just in case you change your mind about the whole cheescake thing. For the whole cheesecake there are 65 carbs. I cut it into 16 pieces and there are about 4 carbs per slice. So worth it.

4 8oz pkgs cream cheese (32 carbs)
1 Cup Splenda (24 carbs)
1/2 Cup sour cream (4 carbs)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 eggs (5 carbs)

Preheat ove to 475 degrees. Place a large pan or oven-safe skillet (that the cheesecake pan will fit inside) filled with about 1/2 inch of water into the oven while it preheats. This will be your water bath.

Use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese with the splenda, sour cream, and vanilla. Blend until smooth and creamy. Whisk eggs in seperate bowl and then add them to the cream cheese mixture. Don't overblend.

Pour filling into 9 inch springform pan. wrap the bottom of the pan with foil to keep the cheesecake dry.

place the cheesecake into the water bath. Bake for 12 minutes at 475 degrees, then turn the oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the top is light brown or tan color.

Last edited by LTs girl; 08-01-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:34 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

So I know it sounds like a lot of work, but it isn't really. If you like cheesecake factory cheesecake then it is worth making. You can eat it warm out of the oven (Sandyfanny)lol. but it is so much better cold. I know that 1/16 of a cake doesn't sound like much, but it is just enough. you could also try cutting it into 12 slices for about 5.5 carbs per slice.

Next time I am going to try to using ez-sweetz (liquid sweetner) instead of the Splenda or maybe half and half and only 4 eggs to try to cut out some carbs. I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited by LTs girl; 08-01-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #49  
Less Juicey

Default Thank you & a Dental Rant...

Thank you for the recipe. I'm so freaked out over cheesecake because it's one of the few things I can actually eat this week - the dental surgery thing. I can't chew salads, beef, or chicken. I can eat eggs, vegetables I can cook until they're soft, creamed soup, ground beef if I'm careful. I can eat cheese if it's very soft or melted. I've had lots of sugar-free jello and whipped cream. I also have some Atkins induction friendly shakes. Maybe I can eat beef filet if it's very tender beef and I cut it up into tiny bites?

I know I ate too much cheese yesterday, so I'm worried about not losing anything this week. The dental thing is going to be for about a month - my gum has to heal, the stitches have to melt, and I'm getting a bridge made. Yesterday, I just had a giant anxiety attack like "OMG, what am I going to eat?? I can't eat Atkins..." but staying on plan isn't an option. My head is right, and I have to stay with it.

My anxiety level is through the roof 'cause I know this situation isn't going to be resolved until after school starts. I'll have to take my lunch and a snack every day - what'll I take? I'm thinking maybe shakes and cottage cheese? I need to stop now; I'm feeling very anxious.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #50  
Less Juicey

Default Cheesey Spinach and Beef Bake

At JerseyGyrl's suggestion, I checked Linda's Low Carb recipe site and came across this recipe. It sounds really good, and I have all the ingredients. I'm going to make a scaled down version using about a pound of ground beef, fresh spinach and fresh mushrooms. This is dinner tonight - maybe with a cup of cauliflower soup for extra veggies.

CHEESY SPINACH BEEF BAKE
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
4 ounce can mushrooms, drained
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste

Brown the hamburger and onion; drain the fat. Mix all of the ingredients in at least a 2-quart greased casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 375º for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Makes 6-8 servings
Can be frozen Per 1/6 Recipe: 455 Calories; 31g Fat; 38g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 342 Calories; 23g Fat; 28g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

Old 08-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #51  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

Thanks for the above recipes, Can't wait to try the cheese cake in a couple
of months.

The cheesy spinach beef bake I'am going to try this week sounds wonderful.

Thank you guys. You make it easy to stay on track.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #52  
Less Juicey

Default Cheesey Spinach and Beef Bake - results

Tonight I made the spinach and beef bake for dinner. YUMMY! I scaled the recipe down for me and used about a pound of ground beef, 1 egg, 5 oz. cheddar cheese, about 2 cups raw of fresh spinach, 1 c. fresh mushrooms, 1/2 c. chopped onion, and a clove of garlic.

I sauteed the mushrooms first in butter, removed them from the pan; browned the beef and cooked the onion together. Removed them with a slotted spoon and sauteed the spinach and chopped garlic together. All in the same pan - yes! Then I followed the recipe, combined everything and popped it in the oven. About 20 minutes later, I had a delicious dinner.

I have plenty left over for lunch tomorrow. Very satifying and tasty. Thank you, Linda Low Carb.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #53  
Less Juicey

Default Filet Mignon and Sauteed Veggies

Tonight I'm having filet mignon grilled in browned butter with sauteed yellow onion, green onion, yellow squash, and red sweet peppers. Colorful and yummy! (I'll be cutting that filet into teeny little bites so I can chew it)

My butcher is so good about putting expensive cuts of meat on sale a couple of days before their "Sell by" date. Not a problem for me; I scoop 'em up and eat 'em up!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #54  

now thats sounds very good.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #55  
Less Juicey

I get really enthusiastic about dinner! This is one of my favorites - and it's quick and accomplished in one sautee pan. I'm not enthusiastic about having lots to clean up in the kitchen...
Old 08-03-2010, 05:44 PM   #56  
Less Juicey

Default Chicken and Veggie Cassarole

Long day today - a workshop that lasted all day and was BORING! Sittng still for hours makes me more tired than teaching...So it's super-easy dinner tonight.

I'm using the sauteed onions, squash and red peppers left from last night to layer with cooked chicken breast strips, a little mayonnaise, and top with grated cheese. In the oven at 350 for 20-30 minutes til it's nice and hot...and dinner's done!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #57  
Less Juicey

Default Chicken Salad and Cheese Crisps

Another long day - a very dear friend was suddenly hospitalized seriously ill. I've been at the hospital during the day yesterday and today. No time to shop or cook.

Last night, I had one of filet mignons (I cooked both in the pack at the same time) reheated with sauteed onions and half of a really great fresh tomato. Atkins Ice Cream for dessert. Excellent!

Today, it's pre-cooked grilled chicken breast strips I've turned into chicken salad with celery, scallions, mayo. I'm eating it with cheese crisps from Linda's Low Carb recipes and the other half of that tomato. Atkins ice cream for dessert.

Quick, easy, a no -cook dinner for sure. I'm exhausted.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:50 AM   #58  

Hello i just wanted to say thanks for the parm chicken recipe, my husband and I both love it , he asked for it a second day in a row. And he is doing Atkins
with me ( he only needs to lose 20 pounds ) unlike my 60 maybe more.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #59  
Less Juicey

Default Trying Something New

Tonight I'm trying something new. I having chicken sausage with garlic and feta. I'll sautee some spinach in garlic and olive oil to go with it and have a couple of slices of juicy fresh tomato. I hope I like chicken sausage!
Old 08-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #60  
Less Juicey

Default Heroin Wings

I'm having Heroin Wings; I love them. It's a favorite with non-Atkins friends too. Why "heroin"? Because they're addictive, of course!

I'm also having a big salad with tomato, cucumber, green onion, mixed greens with spinach. Yummy dinner!
Closed Thread