Old 08-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #1  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Talking Induction Book Camp - Week of Aug 29-Sept 5

Rules for this thread:

1) Must be 100% DANDR Induction. (2 FULL WEEKS)
2) NO Atkins Bars or other low carb treats
3) NO Whining/"why can't I stay on track"
4) NO Excuses
5) 100% support of each other getting on track and staying there!

Remember this is Boot Camp! Think of Louis Gossett Jr. in "An Officer and a Gentleman" We can do it! Just need to put our minds to it!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 01:40 PM   #2  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Hi All!

Hope you are having a great weekend! Mine is quiet but good. The BBQ last night was fun, but hardly Atkins Friendly! I got to eat som Guacamole with pepperoni and Steak and Chicken! NO SALAD but Potato Salad and the only other veggie there was CORN on the Cobb! Next time I will remember to bring my own!

I did drink a little bit of wine.. And although I wont beat myself up over it, I know I didnt follow induction! But I am picking myself up by the bootstraps.. and am back with it today! Drinking lots of water to get over that!

I get to run tmo.. so I am thrilled about that! And my official weigh in for the week is tmo too!

How are you all doing?
Old 08-30-2004, 10:00 AM   #3  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Well, Official Weigh In today... Not good. Wine can really mess you up! even with getting back in the Saddle yesterday.. My official lost for last week is only 1 pound!

That is OK. And I learned a Lesson! NO MORE WINE until AFTER induction is over!

So I am back at it today. I decided I am sticking with Strict induction from now until the First of Oct... then easing into OWL..

Got to the gym today! It was kind of a bummer as My lungs still are having issues as far as exercise is concerned.. could only run for 4 minutes before they got too tight. so I am taking it slow this week. Lots of walking and maybe the eliptical.. next week I am going to start again at W1D1 of the C25K program... Darn asthma!
Old 08-30-2004, 02:17 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

1 pound is 1 pound Karen...just remember...better a loss than a gain.

I'm in for induction boot camp. But what's "DANDR"?? and maybe I should start tomorrow on the induction boot camp. I'm thinking I'm going to need to make a LC tortilla wrap for supper as I'll be on the go and won't be able to have a decent supper. I'll have to do a search of the cubboards for something I can eat that's induction friendly.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:04 PM   #5  
I'm a Jovi Girl

DANDR = Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution

I know! I am glad to be down.. but I had gotten so far!
Old 08-30-2004, 04:28 PM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

I can't post here anymore. I made it about a week on strict induction, but I've added back in nuts -- they sure are a handy snack for me. I think the one week really helped me to get refocused, though. I won't weigh in officially for awhile because I won't be able to be at TOPS, but according to my scale, it looks like the weight is coming off! Good luck to all the inductioners!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:40 PM   #7  

Default Atkins newbie

Hi,
I have decided to try Atkins. I have read the books and have officially started today. I am currently 153lbs and would like to reach a goal of 120 or so. I have tried so many other things before and failed miserably so I am hoping that this works for me. I am committed and motivated. I also joined a gym over the weekend so hopefully by Christmas I will be at my goal weight. I am thinking of doing induction for about a month since I love eggs, cheese and meat and salad too, but I will be monitoring my salad intake since there are carbs in it. So I hope to hear from you guys and exchange advice and support everyday.
Good luck everyone!
Mariana.
mariana1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:49 PM   #8  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariana1103
Hi,
I have decided to try Atkins. I have read the books and have officially started today. I am currently 153lbs and would like to reach a goal of 120 or so. I have tried so many other things before and failed miserably so I am hoping that this works for me. I am committed and motivated. I also joined a gym over the weekend so hopefully by Christmas I will be at my goal weight. I am thinking of doing induction for about a month since I love eggs, cheese and meat and salad too, but I will be monitoring my salad intake since there are carbs in it. So I hope to hear from you guys and exchange advice and support everyday.
Good luck everyone!
Mariana.
Mariana - Welcome! Im glad you are posting with us!

One thing is key! make sure you eat your salads! Atkins is NOT a no carb diet! It is a LOW carb diet! So make sure you are getting those 3 cups of veggies in every day! That is something that is so important I cannot stress it enough!

Post often! It really helps! Post with us on the Daily threads too!!
Old 08-30-2004, 07:24 PM   #9  

Hi all! I finished my 14 days of induction and then had 2 martinis and now I'm up 2 pounds! Darn alcohol. I do know, however, that it is just water. Just not what I wanted to see this a.m. Karen, yours is water too. No stress, it will be gone this week.

I set my alarm for 5:30 this a.m. to get up for a run and woke up at 7:15am. I managed to set the alarm for 5:30pm on accident. Grrr. Tomorrow is another day though. I will make it!

I have decided that I am going to still pretty close to induction still for the next few weeks, so I hope you guys don't mind me still posting here. It has helped to keep me on track. I even went to dinner w/friends this weekend and stayed OP. That's a big accomplishment for me!

Hope everyone continues to do well.
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:44 PM   #10  

Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to reading more about Atkins and being motivated and motivating as well! So far it has not been bad. I do have headaches though, but I am sticking it through because I would really like to lose this weight. I actually love salad so I am having no problems eating lettuce and spinach everyday, but I am counting every carb, since I don't want to go over my 20g limit. All feedback is greatly appreciated guys. As for exercise, i actually just joined a gym so that I have NO excuses to exercise and try to get these ounds off!! So keep up the good work and talk to you soon!
Old 08-31-2004, 03:35 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Hi Mariana and welcome. Join us in the daily thread-these women are GREAT motivators and a lot of inspiration! Karen is VERY correct in telling you to make sure you get your veggies. Going OVER in veggies also won't be a big thing (believe me. I know that one )...also, remember to drink plenty of water! Good job on joining the gym (I can't join a gym...I'd never use it. lol)

I (for once in I don't know HOW long) actually can't WAIT for WI day!!!! I want to make this last weight loss official so I can start that scale moving DOWNWARDS again! Made many mistakes and now I'm hoping to have learned from them. I want to be good so I can have some stuffing on Thanksgiving A goal to work towards
Old 08-31-2004, 04:01 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone,
I am on day 1 of induction after getting back from too much vacation.
I have been on Atkins since January but got a little sloppy in past month and need think this group can help me stay accountable.
( Hi Brenda!! we seem to be following the same path)
Brenda T
VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 07:22 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Hi BrendaT!!! Welcome back to LC
Old 09-01-2004, 01:08 PM   #14  

Thanks so much for the welcome! I look forward to posting daily! I actually officially weighed myself yesterday on the high tech scale at the gym...and I weighed a whopping 151.2 lbs!! YIKES!! But I am on day 3 on INduction and so far it is going pretty darn good!! NO cheating ! And I plan to keep it that way so that I can lose the weight. I drink tons of water and I also eat about 2 cups more veggies than Atkins recommends, but I use his Carb counter book and make sure that I eat no more than 20 g of carbs a day by recording my meals in a journal. So giuys, keep up the good work and stay motivated. WE WILL DO IT!!

Mariana.
151.2/125
Old 09-02-2004, 11:21 PM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Hi All!

Sorry I have been MIA! Getting back to school with the kids has really messedup my schedule! I am starting to feel back to normal though!

Welcome to the newbies to the list!

Kerri - Of course you can keep posting here! I want to hear about how your running is going and your weight loss!

As for me, things are still going good this week. Tom is on the horizon though (Actuallly 2 days late and counting, which is totally normal for me.. )

I also found out today that I will be having a Hysterectomy in October. So I am going to call the Atkins advice line and ask what they recomend I do during this time... I know the hospital will want me to drink fruit juice to make sure all the "systems are go" so to speak. I may have to deal with a bit of a gain.. although the doc said I may lose some weight due to all the swelling and such I am dealing with now! that would be a bonus!

How is everyone doing?