Old 09-19-2004, 11:35 AM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Low Carb Daily Chick Chat, Week of Sept, 19th

happy Sunday,
Very cool in the north east this morning but a lovely day, Fall is coming quickly and I miss having had a hot summer.

Kids are doing well in school and the holiday went fine (well except for SHBIL) but what else is new?

Outlaws have ben here for a week, I am ready to have them go, just to get my space back....I know how you feel about the invation of space Dottie, keep carving it out for yourself.....

We are off to play golf this afternoon. It should be fun, there are 6 adults and the kids wanted to play so it will be the boys against the girls with a kid on each team.....

Ok I have to finish putting in all the calenders into my puter so that I can know where I have to be and when!

Have a good week to the lurkurs...:wave to the regulars and not so regulars...
-L
Old 09-19-2004, 12:05 PM   #2  

Good Morning! Wow, we have a very cool and clear and beautiful morning here in the NE, needed an extra blanket last night! I love it when this happens, and I get this bounce of energy.

Hi L, hope you get your schedules in; the week goes so much better with a little prep! I am finding I have to really stay on top of the private time/private space issue. MIL goes in for a daytime nap so I've been regaining my computer time then. I'll save my grocery run for later when she is up and about. Then she gets some time without ME as well! The living together thing is hard on us, but it's also hard on her.

Hi to everyone else- I know you're out there!

So, I'm loosing weight! Just 2 lbs, but I think it's cause I'm paying attention to my blood sugars and eating MORE often, but just a little something. Like cottage cheese or some cheese or just leftovers. And I am cooking more(for MIL) so she gets credit for keeping me away from the fast food places! Never thought this would happen. Initially I thought I'd gain weight from having a houseguest cause I'm so stressed I was getting chocolate and cheese nips and wanting to snack in from of the tv. but overall, I guess I'm doing better.

fish tonight, something easy. That's it for me. My only housework goal is a big vacumning, like behind furniture and all...and a quick dusting. that's it. then just read and cook and relax!

have a good one-
dottie
Old 09-20-2004, 10:23 AM   #3  

Happy Monday!

Just a quick hi as I've gotta get ready for work, take the boys to school and do that icky drive to El Dorado Hills.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kel
Old 09-20-2004, 11:57 AM   #4  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

I am here too, tired from packing and moving.............I detest moving! I had to sell my house (re:divorce). What a way to lose ur house. So here I am 39 single parent and starting over woooo hooo, where did I sign up for this! Having a poopy day here. Sorting through my life and the last 10 yrs of a marriage. Wishing happier thoughts for the rest of the day. But I am on plan. HA. I refuse to gain back or plateau.....I will have my way this time, I have learned I have control over that, thank god I am the boss of something. LOL

Have a great day Ladies.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

hang in there Meowna...You are NOT a single parent. You are a divorced parent and there is a difference....happy thoughts going your way, this is not the end of he world but a new starting point.

Well the out lws left after much to do all week by getting MIL an ipod ( we listen to audiobooks) She cheeped out and bought a refurb, Truely her MO for buying anything...So i set it up, transfred the files set it up as a hard drive, you get it and then she decided she really should get the ne one HOLLY COW!!! so I wiped the other one, set up the new one and in putting my itunes file onto her ipod, i emptied mine! So i have spent the last few hours cleaning it up. One stupid mistake and I am screwed! Not really just peeved at myself for a stupid mistake.

I have been in my WO coloths since I got up at 6 and have yet to do my WO, I will, just trying to catch up after a week of company. So that is my day so far. the kids are in school until 4 this year so I can pick up some more work form my other school. They are needing it and I have some time to give them....

I have some more computer work to do, a few calls to make, grab some lunch and probobly WO tonight, no need to chage

have a good day,
-L
Old 09-21-2004, 07:31 PM   #6  

Meowna, you sound like you're on the right track with your diet resolve! Good going, girl. How're you feeling today? better? hope so!

Hi,L...nice to have the house back to yourself, eh? Dnjoy the workout...if you get to it

not much else here, same old same old...MIL stable after a rocky weekend of moodiness from the drugs, we think. That was NOT fun. But today she seems back to normal, just tired. I'm heading upstairs to watch the finale of Big Brother(isn't that pathetic!) then early to bed.

just wanted to say hi to all...check in, OK?

dottie
Old 09-22-2004, 06:17 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checking in after an exciting Tuesday.

Lucy had her puppies early yesterday morning - one girl and five boys, all completely adorable of course! It was her first litter and she handled it admirably - even stopped in mid labour to insist she be given a pizza crust which the midwives were munching! Hershey is due in another two weeks so I'll be knee deep in puppies.

I'm getting into fall a lot these days. Salsa, peach chutnew and pesto are on the To Do List and I'm going to get the darn summer clothes away before Canadian Thanksgiving this year!

Darn weight has stayed exactly the same since September 1! I imagine it's because I've not been walking on the darn sore knew. I know torn cartilage takes a long time to heal but I need a miracle. Maybe I'll go to Lourdes.

Sorry - Hershey is howling and I'm outa here.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:51 AM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Ruth, I hope you can post a picture or 2 of the ne pups

I have the house back, had a busy catch up day yesterday and off to work thisafternoon. I WO this morning.

I had a few pictures sento to me in the mail yesterday. i did not relize how destructive I had been to myself over the last 18 months (father's loveley bride stuff). I have a taken my life back into my hands and am trying to turn the corner and iam trying not to dwell on the pictures....

Anyway, enjoy the last few hours of summer, we are supose to hit 80 this afternoon, the sun is out and it is a beautiful day....
-L
Old 09-22-2004, 11:24 AM   #9  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Better today, less tears. I had to sell my house as I do not make enough to carry that weight on my own. The lovin ex, took his name off our adoption 2 mos before it was completed (we had the child from birth, he is now almost 4). So I had to start the adoption all over on my own. My ex will never have to help support him. Nor has he been accountable for his own bills...He and the bosses daughter are too busy planning their wedding to keep up on his bills, so needless to say the phone rings often for him! I am not sorry he is gone, just don't like the mess he left behind.

Thank you L & Dottie for your words of support, I never thought I would be in this position at this time of my life. It really makes you open your eyes to a whole new world. It is a little scary to say the least.

But friends and family are close by if I need to talk. Just don't have a whole lot to say to them, so avoiding contact, one would think after almost a year I would be in better shape. The sale of the house was a huge hurdle, I was frozen, couldn't pack, thought if I just stayed, it wouldn't happen. LOL I wonder about myself somedays! LOL Playing turtle! Now I am moved into an apt that I cannot afford (our real estate is through the roof here right now). I am moving again, and this time going through what I did not have the heart to do when I sold the house. Anyways enough of this depressing crap.

I am still on track ;-), on plan and getting a waist line now! Now if only I could find me bum! It has gone flat, slipping off me I think.

Have a great day, and thank you again for listening to my rambles.

Leona
Old 09-22-2004, 09:52 PM   #10  

Oh, Leona, *big hug*. I know what you are feeling. I'm in a simular situation. I'm trying to stay in the family home (hanging on by the very tippy tips of my fingernails, tho) since it's the only home the kids have known and we are 4 years out before the youngest graduates. But if things just get tooo tight and/or SHx cuts funds further (grrrr, don't get me started on THAT), I just might have to sell, pay off bills (and him) and rent. I can completely identify with your 'fozen' feelings. Sometimes I just want to go crawl in bed & pull the covers over my head.

Use us as a sounding board if ya want to - (goodness knows that I have plenty of times!) We are hear for 'Life' support not just diet support!

I'm getting excited: Melis is coming home for the weekend tomorrow! I pick her up at the train station at 9 p.m. and don't have to return her until Sunday early evening! Bet we talk nonstop the whole weekend!

Ok - gotta run a make some grub. Home late cuz Bry had a 4:00 baseball game.

Kel
Old 09-23-2004, 08:27 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Just popping in to say hello !!!
Old 09-24-2004, 04:32 PM   #12  

Oh, man! I mean Oh, chicks! This has been a rough week. things are crazy at work with a major reorganization at the top, a couple of firings, everyone tense and nutty. I am going in tomorrow to get some paper off my desk, feeling paranoid and like I'd better cover my as@!

Not much better at home. MIL is getting on my nerves. DH is not home at night til late, so when I get home it is just her and me. I am tired and just want to be alone. I can't sit in the den cause the whole house is closed up and stuffy and hot. and she is cold when the temp in the house drops below 80. She is wrapped up in an afghan and sweatpants all the time, and I can't bring myself to put the A'C on, but I'm roasting and uncomfortalbe in my own house! I cook dinner, sit with her for a while, while she tells me stories from 1938( a very good year for her) and complains about her husband(they were divorced in 1968.) Plus he's dead. You'd think they'd argued this morning for how alive the memories are to her. I need DH to be around more to absorb this...it's too much for me. BUt he can't stand it either!

We'll get through it, but this is harder than I'd ever thought. Well, I guess I'd better get out of the house more. Dieting is not even on my mind. I am shopping for 2 fussy eaters, and I just eat whatever one of them will agree to.

Does anyone want to adopt me? I'm very clean and quiet LOL Kel, I could take Melissa's room...I'll pay rent!

that's enough whining. (wine, there's a thought!)
Have a good night-

see ya tomorrow!
dottie
Old 09-24-2004, 07:39 PM   #13  
Owned by Dixie

dotti,
I think you need to find a friend for your MIL. have you tried some local senior services? Some one to come and read to her? or just someone to talk to her.... we did this for my grandmother and it worked out well. as a matter of fact she took up piano at 91 because she needed the company. just a thought.....because no i do not want to adopt you
-L