Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 06:17 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Smile Chat WLS-Style week of Sept 29th

Just starting this up, I have a million and one things to do today. Hope to get back here at some point.

My in-laws are due for a visit tomorrow for a week. they are wonderful people and I truly enjoy their visits, but I've gotta clean

peachie my niece is doing better.....I'll fill you guys in on that later, no time right now.

off for my mall walk
Old 09-30-2003, 10:57 AM   #2  

Deb, Just reading your notes make me tired. Just got back from the hair dressers. Trying a new do for the new me. Not sure of it will keep you posted.

Jiff, You started something with the water. Ever since I read your post on the water or fluidI have had a hard time getting it all down. I keep trying. Trying to find something that tastes good.

Anyone else having or had trouble with there taste buds. Nothing tastes good and if it does it doesn't agree with me. I am very gassey and have this bad taste in my mouth all of the time. Any suggestions?

Thanks Grammy
Old 09-30-2003, 09:39 PM   #3  

Grammy, I don't have any suggestions for you on the gas situation other than that milk will do it to me. Drink your water. The lack of water has grave consequences!! I drink alot of crystal light to get it in.

Debkay, I am glad to hear that your niece is doing better. I have been thinking of her and you these past couple of days. I ALMOST called today but the little guy has been home sick. Projectile "stuff" from all ends all (and I do mean ALL) over my burgandy carpet. Poor little thing, he never does that. Poor me.

Dh thought it would be a good idea to have the little guy sleep in our bed and dh slept in his. Unfortunately the little squirt (such an appropriate term) likes to sleep perpendicular on the bed, with his cold feet in my ribs (like I have them?) SooooooI have been up since 3 am staring at the computer screen (in between scrubbing my carpet for the gazillionth time) planning a trip for us to Disney World the first week of December. I found a cheap enough hotel (yes, a residence inn) so that maybe dh would think we could fly instead of drive. That two day trip is a killer with the little boys. AND IT WORKED....sometimes dh has to come to these conclusions on his own. Sometimes I can throw out a price and he just has to prove that he can do better.

what a guy.

anyway, I am rambling, but I am looking forward to going back to Disney.

Bella, we are with you. My dh did not want me to have surgery until our trusted family doc told him it was a GREAT idea. Is there someone who your dh respects or likes that could put a bug in his ear about how this might really be a good thing for you? I must be in a good mood to use the phrase, "bug in his ear"....it could have been much worse!

Jennifer, if you are out there I owe you a pm and I am putting together "things". I have been a slacker.

and a rambler...I better sign off before I start talking about things like the cubs and baseball and all that other really good stuff.

good night ladies
good night ladies
good night ladies
we're going to leave you now

pick a little talk a little pick a little talk a little...cheep cheep cheep talk alot pick a little more.

do you think I am sleep deprived or just need to watch more musicals?

peach

Last edited by peach pit; 09-30-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:13 PM   #4  
Hang In There

Keep me in your prayers tomorrow. That's when my mom has her colon cancer surgery. We need all the prayers we can get.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:46 AM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Barb you are alway in our prayers. I hope all goess well for mom today....

to all my WLS friends.
My little man is home today with a fever....maybe I can get him to do laundry today? it is just as well I have a lot to catch up on but I am sure the dentist won't take him today.

See you all later.
-L
Old 10-01-2003, 11:45 AM   #6  

Barb, I hope your mom's surgery goes well tomorrow. I will definitely keep her right up there at the front!

Peach - Yet another reason to love you! I love musicals and there you go quoting The Music Man. It drives my sweet husband crazy, because I tend to break into song at any given moment. Right now my daughter and I are really into Chicago and belt out the tunes constantly. I coulda been on Broadway! Sorry about the little Squirt(er). I'm so glad my kids are older and in control of their squirting mechanisms. Now, if only I could get my ungrateful son to call or communicate in any way from college - when he doesn't need something. A girl can dream!

L - Right, your son will do the laundry. Would never, ever happen at my house, but you can always have your fantasies! Sorry the kid's sick though.

As for moi, tonight I am getting together with some friends from high school. I go with great trepidation. Of course, weight issues enter into it and I'm really nervous about seeing all these girls/women. There will be about six of us. I keep imagining them just as they were in high school back in 1976 and comparing myself now to that image of them then. How unfair is that? I think they're all really nice people still, so hopefully they're not too judgemental, but I'm still a nervous wreck!

Here's my good news. I have been kind of quiet about this, but it's looking like I will be a Band Babe in January. I have done so much reading and so much research about Lap Band surgery. I feel like this is a very good decision for me. I vetoed the Kaiser approach to WLS for a number of reasons and have decided to go to Mexico for the surgery I want and pay for it myself. My DH is being supportive, financially and psychologically. He's been reading all the info I've gathered and is on board with me. The only thing holding me back at this point is my stupid knee and whether or not I need surgery on it. I may try and hold off on that if I can and see if weight loss helps enough so I don't need it. There's a lot on my plate right now, so to speak!

That it for now,
Chickadee
Old 10-01-2003, 01:37 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

peachie: wanna go to mexico in january????
Old 10-01-2003, 02:39 PM   #8  

I'm in.

do I have to eat the worm?

I think we have to go by way of Texas so I can get boots.

Barb, thinking about your mom and you today.

off to pick up the kid.

peach
Old 10-01-2003, 03:29 PM   #9  

Worms are an excellent source of protein my dear. Eat up!

Jif, I don't think Tequila will count as water, so you probably oughta bring your own, or face the consequences. Hmmm, which would be worse - Peach's boots or the Montezuma's Revenge?

Chick
Old 10-01-2003, 05:12 PM   #10  

Barb my prayers are with your family

well ladies just got back from my 2 week post op dr appt
lost total of 50 lbs 38 with pre op liquid diet and 12 lbs post surgery. dr said everything is fine he took a picture of my stomach don't know what that was all about. any way he said
the steri strips should be falling off he doesn't use staples.
the dr office was so full of negativity today alot of post op patients
had complications and i felt guilty for feeling so positive and blessed i reminded them that our surgeons were still great because they were still alive. well it was lost on them b/c of all their pain i don't know. all i can say is life is good and i am blessed
later bevmel
Old 10-02-2003, 09:12 AM   #11  

Barb, My prayers are with you today hope that your moms surgery is going well.
Let's all go on a field trip to Mexico we can make a week of it. I think that Margaritas are ok they have lots of ice and that makes water. We will have to drink twice as many to compensate for the taquilla. Grammy
Old 10-02-2003, 12:05 PM   #12  
Old Cackler

oh no marsha... we can't have ice in mexico!!!! the water isn't drinkable!!!!

otherwise, it's a great idea!!!!

barb.. what's the word for your mom???
Old 10-02-2003, 06:46 PM   #13  
Hang In There

Mom's surgery went really well. It did not take as long as they said it might take, and the doc said from what he can see, it seen to have been totally contained within the colon. Path reports will not be back until next week sometime.

Then she pulled a Peachie on us. Got a cal early this morning that they would be mooving her uto a different floor that what was planned, because her heart acted up in the recovery room, and the wanted her on a floor where they could monitor it. Later this afternoon, I called to check on here and she seems to be ding okay. (My sis from CT is here, and she's doing hospital duty so the rest of us can work, and then we will take over after she goes back home Saturday.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:42 PM   #14  
WW Moderator

Grammy, my sister Amy is also having taste bud problems. She cannot stomach Crystal Light, it is just ultra sweet to her. She can drink protein drinks, but she is burping them a lot. She is just sipping on water a LOT to get her fluids in. She has always been a good water drinker. I never could get water down until I discovered a Brita filter for the tap. Changed everything!

Does anybody remember 'hard times' from the first month or so? Amy would like to know what other problems people are having or did have, so maybe she won't feel so alone. She is right now dealing with fear of food getting stuck. She is eating yogurt, but the strawberry chunks and seeds made her uncomfortable, so she is trying smoother brands. Anybody else afraid or uneasy of chunky foods for those first few bites?
Old 10-02-2003, 10:14 PM   #15  

Hi all,

I have been super busy. I have been going through mid-terms and my mind has been a mushy mess!!! So forgive me for my absence!!

My kids are also driving me crazy the past few days. My younges has been very emotional and it just gets to me after 3 hours of screeming!!

But other then that I'm doing well, I'm sure I did OK on my mid-terms and love my painting class (i'll have to post you all a pic of my painting!! - not to brag or anything, lol)

Well I know this is short, but I'm kinda tired and want to hit the bed.
Closed Thread