Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 08:33 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday, October 16th

Happy Bosses Day LOL !

Well we made it goils, we're over the wednesday hump.

How's everyone's week going ? Mine is going fine but the boss will be back tomorrow

Joanne sorry you didn't get to go to your meeting, do they have another one you can attend this week or is it a once a week thingy.

Well I'm going to make myself some tky bacon and coffee and be back in a bit

Old 10-16-2003, 09:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

BOSSES DAY????
OH MY GOSH!!! I GOTTA DO SOMETHING AND I'M TIED UP DURING LUNCH TAKING CARE OF MY GRANDMOTHER - I GOTTA THINK OF SOMETHING QUICK! *SIGH*
Old 10-16-2003, 09:43 AM   #3  

I don't know if I should do something or not. Wonder if he even knows? That is so wrong of me.

Not much going on today. I have a few totals that I need to get into a log but that is about it. I hate days like this. I just wish that I could go home and so things there but noooo, I have to sit here on the clock and find things to do. (can you tell that I am ready to start working form myself)
Old 10-16-2003, 09:53 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning ladies

Well I am sitting here making myself eat even though I have no appetite.I know breakfast will make me feel better thats why i eat it.I am so bloated and crampy.But I am in an ok mood.Already dressed and ready for Dh appointment to get his CPAP at 1:15.I am hoping the weekend will be alittle better when it gets here.

I hope everyone has a good day.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 10-16-2003, 09:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

ok I'm back. I've calmed down but I haven't thought of anything yet. I'll think of something.

Just finished my cup of coffee so I'll be able to think in a minute.

Well the doctor's office just called about all my blood work that he did on Friday. The nurse said that everything was "pretty normal", that I wasn't anemic but my iron is very low normal. Also that my thyroid showed up as the lowest number in the normal range (it is always like that) and so (bec of that and all my symptons) he would put me on armour thyroid on a trial basis and see how I am feeling in 5 weeks and go from there.

I feel relieved just knowing that I finally found a doctor that would listen to me. I sure hope the armour thyroid helps with everything!!!!!!

Kemp - I love days where I don't have much "office work" to do, then I get to play on the puter, which I love doing! Hope your day goes quickly!

Liz - thanks for the explanation about Thanksgiving - I always wondered why the difference in dates and now I know! thank you very much. Hope you were able to catch up on your sleep!

Lynnie - I'm glad to hear ya'll are on the list for housing!

Deondra - Welcome! sounds like you are in a great frame of mind to get and stay healthy. I look forward to getting to know you.

Joanne - I checked out the TOPS website that you mentioned yesterday! There is a lot of good info there!

Hey Cin - I hope your gd's recovery goes well with her toe! yikes! that has got to be so painful! how many meetings did you have yesterday? you off today?

April - you must have a large group of friends that go for coffee! that's great! do ya'll meet at a little coffee house or someplace like starbucks?

Tippy - hope you're doing better! hugs

LindaT - BOO! CHRISTMAS IS COMING!

what's everybody doing today?

hugs,
Cathy
Old 10-16-2003, 10:17 AM   #6  

Good morning Ladies. Today is Thursday and I couldn't be happier. I just love it when it gets closer to the weekend. On Monday, I am already planning for the next weekend. I really dislike my job, so the weeks tend to drag on.

I am glad to see that everyone is doing well. Thanks for all the welcomes yesterday and today!
Deondra
Old 10-16-2003, 10:26 AM   #7  
Divine Gal

Default I want to share some thing

with yall.

You Are There

I know you are there
Even though I can not see you
In my days of trouble
You are there to help and guide me
Love so pure and so unconditional
In times of joy and happiness
You quietly standby
This is the time I think of you the most
I am your faithful child
I know you are there
Even though I can not see you
I want you to know you are in my heart

September 30, 2001
By: Frances Lynn Logan
Old 10-16-2003, 10:34 AM   #8  

Default Good morning!

Hey everyone!

Well off to bed again.....off now until friday eve at 3 pm....been too busy....a bit down in the dumps.....14th wedding anni on the 14th and I didn't even see my hubby.....we are like two ships passing in the night......we need to have a weekend just the two of us and reconnect.....maybe a week or two.

I am feeling really disconnected from all my family and friends as well.......need to have a look at that too!

Think I should just go to bed.....everything will look brighter when I wake up!

Eliz
Old 10-16-2003, 12:29 PM   #9  

Good morning

I slept in today....it rained over night....& it is overcast now. I am going to use the light box now for a half hour & have coffee.....see you later.

April
Old 10-16-2003, 02:13 PM   #10  

I just read a passage in a book that I am reading (yes I am very busy at work right now) that I wanted to share with you.

Men and Women that fall into the trap of compulsive dieting often are "people pleasers," whose lives revolve around satisfying others while neglecting themselfves. We are so accustomed to focusing our energies on meeting the needs of boyfriends, girlfriends, children, or parents that many of us actually need to train ourselves to say' "What do I want? What do I need?"
The effort, however, is well worth it. When you learn to love yourself and care for yourself and your own needs, you will begin to live in the moment, a rich moment in which you can dream for the future while savoring exactly who you are today. And that is the first huge step out of the prison of dieting and self-hatred and into the happy life you deserve.

This just really hit me because I am always putting other people before myself and I feel like I miss out on life because of it. I used to think that I would be selfish if I did things for myself but I need to take care of me too. I hope you guys don't find this offensive I just really need to share it.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:58 PM   #11  

Great passage Kempyd. That describes me. What book are you reading? Sounds like something that I need to read!
Deondra
Old 10-16-2003, 04:02 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Cathy, glad your Doctor is finally listening to you. Some times you need to be in their faces for them to pay attention...good luck.

Lynnie, thats such a pretty poem, your such a doll....thanks

April, can I borrow your light !!!! I'm thinking and thinking about looking into one of those. The winter is long and I don't feel like falling into that trap again.. Shine some my way

Liz.... is there anything we can do to help you ? I feel disconnected from my family at times too. I wonder why we pull back from them ? Hang in there, and yes, tomorrow will be brighter.

Kem...aint that the truth. I am always thinking about some one else and say ahh screw it, I'll take care of me later. OY OY OY Oh and offend...not this thick skinned weenie.

Hey Deondra, its nice to see you again, I hope we can maybe meet in chat one day.

Boss will be back tomorrow...yikes

See you then.........huggles.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:07 PM   #13  

Deondra it is called Fed Up! The breakthrough ten-step, no-diet fitness plan by Wendy Oliver-Pyatt. I like to read these kind of books not really to follow them as a fitness plan but to see what they have to say. So far it is pretty interesting. She talks alot about what continual yo-yo dieting can do to you not just physically but emotionally. Goodness knows I have been affected emotionally.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:25 PM   #14  
Walking by faith

Angry Hello everyone

I'm not living up to my name (homebound) today. I have taken on the position of a volunteer (?) chauffer-we only have 1 vehicle and DH & DS work different hours in different locations

Lynnie: Sorry to hear that you're feeling down. I hope that you hear some good news about your housing application soon.

Liz: I'm sorry that you and DH didn't get to celebrate your anniversary. Maybe you can get together soon and do something extra special

Kempyd: I think a lot of us are guilty of neglecting ourselves to take care of others. I know I am! (see above). Sounds like a good book.

Leens: I'm going to have to wait 'til Tuesday for my weigh in, but I'm going to weigh at home just to get a picture of how I'm doing. Food has been so-so. I've heard a lot about light therapy for depression. It might be worth looking into, since Standard Time is right around the corner.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
P.S. GO RED SOX
Old 10-16-2003, 06:32 PM   #15  

Finally done my nights.....tonight I have to tidy and go get groceries....there really isn't anything anyone can do about my feelings....I think I am going to plan a get away with hubby and we are going to review every area of our lives and set some goals......I think I stay so busy sometimes so I have an excuse for not being on top of things as I should be.

Gotta go!

Eliz
Closed Thread