Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 07:52 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Friday Oct 17th

Morning!

Well I have been up since 430 am....sleep cycle is screwed! My poor body.......I slept from 930-330 yesterday and then went to bed at 1030 and at 430 wide awake and restless....was affecting hubby's sleep so I got up and played some trivia and now will post quickly before I go and lie down again.....it is 550 am now.....kids are off today......professional development day.......so we will clean up a bit......I cancelled my housekeeper this week cause I was sleeping...and then we will go do something fun. I work evenigns today and saturday.....friend in town from BC and will get together with her on Sunday....sunday evening gathering at the in-laws for a religious holiday. I think I am off all next week....I am afraid to look. Nine in a row is enough for now.

I have hit an all time low......I am looking horrible....people who haven't seen me for awhile are not recognizing me.....my hair is awful I have put on a pile of weight......my hubby told me last night that this is the heaviest he has ever seen me......I haven't gotten on the scale....he isn't trying to hurt me.....I think he is worried about me on every level.....

I went and bought lots of healthy groceries and will start chugging the water...put the past behind me and push ahead.

Hope all is well with you all......I will check in later!

Liz
Old 10-17-2003, 08:39 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Early Bird Lizzy!!!!

Liz I really do know the feeling, thats exactly how I felt b/4 I started doing Atkins, I was at my all time heavies (for hubby to see me that is), my hair was over grown and I was NOT taking care of myself, I felt so runned to the ground. What I did first was start the diet...then I started different things as the weeks passed and I started to feel better, like paint my toe nails, get a hair cut... and even highlighted last month.. It really does make you feel better. I bought 2 new work shirts (boring) but they are nice.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is one small step at a time, why are we always in a hurry to change over night ??? I keep repeating this to myself and by golly it seems to be working... ahh the power of the mind. So far I'm happy with my S-L-O-W weight loss (better than a gain right !) Time flys and I'm hoping by spring I'll be 1/2 way to my goal Yeah I know thats REALLY slow but its okay, I'm not going anywhere.

Your right, the past is the past...PHOOIE on the past, today is today and we always have tomorrow (thank God! )

I'm so glad its Friday..... YAHOOOO!!

Anyone got any good plans for the weekend ? The weather here is going to be beautiful, I know one thing, I won't sit in the house all day, thats for sure

HUGS !!!!
Old 10-17-2003, 09:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well Good Morning Chickadees!

Liz, I hope you're sleeping right now! it sounds like you have a really busy weekend again! try to cut yourself the same slack that you cut all of us. You mentioned yesterday about "not being on top of things" - girl you and I sound a lot alike - always wanting to be organized and have a plan/goals for the day - but honestly you sound "more on top of things" then most people I know. just be kind to yourself is all I'm saying - I understand if you're feeling like there are some things you need to do in order to be healthier or back in control. I think Leenie's advice is great - one step at a time - slow & steady! hugs my dear friend!

Leenie - you are doing so good with your weightloss! something has definitely "clicked" for you this time and I'm so glad for you! Hey? were you too busy to post your food journal yesterday? enquring minds want to know. I'm also not staying inside tomorrow. My youngset son has a band festival so I will be out there for their performance and then I've got some other running around to do. No housecleaning this week - just the bare necessities! ;-)

April - I read the late posts. Thanks for answering me about your coffee gang. 10 weeks til Christmas ...... NOOOOOOOOOOOO! oh my gosh, it cannot be coming that soon.

Kemp - I read what you posted yesterday afternoon. Thought it was very interesting and apparently true. I'm just wondering tho why "people pleasers" are compulsive dieters? I'm wondering bec I am a "people pleaser" but I am not wanting to lose weight for anybody but myself - wonder what one has to do with the other? any ideas anybody?

Well I'm going to grab my 2nd cup of coffee and need to get payroll done. I will check back later.

I hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 10-17-2003, 10:41 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning

Boy I slept in this morning.I have been getting up about 7- 9 am.Not this morning though I was in bed till 9:30am Whoaaaa!TOM has finally arrived after about 2 1/2 weeks of bloating and PMsing.Whew!Now I will finally be able to weigh myself next week.YAY!!!!!Hubby gets his CPAP machine tuesday.They called right after his Dr's appointment to see when they could send out a therapist to show him how to use it.He will be using a BiPAP instead of the CPAP.I don't understand the difference but i think he does.Which is all the matters I guess.
Me and hubby have been talking about moving back near my mom's because I don't have many friends or family here.Nothing is really holding us back except for the money.Something will give soon.I hope...

I hope everyone has a great Friday.
TTYL

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 10-17-2003, 10:54 AM   #5  

Thanks for your support guys! I hear ya! One step at a time!

Lynnie I have never heard of anyone being on BiPap at home....I will look into it at work tonight and post something....the resp people are great where I work.

Ok I will check back later!

Bye for now

Liz
Old 10-17-2003, 11:07 AM   #6  
CIN

Default Helloooooooooooooooooo

Good Morning Gals! ( and Sleeping Beauty alias Liz)
TODAY I am hoping to spend most of the day slowly catching up around the house with laundry etc. I actualy LOVE an entire day home where I dont have to leave the house. I thought I would do that yesterday but had to run to the Dr for a "tweek".....the one pin in my finger needed a little tweek.....I will not bore you with the details....but anyway then I forgot I told my daughter I would watch the boys for a few hours................so with 3 & 4 year old around I had fun but did not accomplish much. They love the pull down stairway to the attic so we always have to go up there 4 or 5 times for something. Boys are easily entertained!

Seeing a snake on my front porch steps also added a bit of conversation ALL day! Ha! The boys talked about it over & over.I just ran and left one on the porch when I saw it ( chicken).of course the snake was scared of us too!I did go back for Jake when the snake slithered away!

Sooooooooooooooooooo tonight we have a Bible Study that we are doing for 8 weeks.We all take one dish and have a meal first..that is always easy............We are reading the book "Victory over Darkness". It is awesome!

BBL
Cin
P.S. You know it is often said sometimes we have to reach the bottom before we can look up! I am just Thankful we can look up when we are at the bottom!
Old 10-17-2003, 11:33 AM   #7  

Cin that is so funny about the snake. I am the same way. If you are in my way you better move b/c I will run you down. I will even freak out about a grass snake. YUCK! Are you born in July? Cancer people like to be at home and I am that way, I was wondering if that is true for you.

Lynnie how far away does you mom live?

Cathy are yo ready for the fabulous LA weather that is coming this weekend? I wish we lived a little closer, we could go enjoy wonderful weekends like this doing something fun with our families.

Liz and Leens I really love ready your posts. You guys have such great things to say.

Ok for my big news..... I GOT A NEW PUPPY!!! Joe and I went to another parishes DU banquet and they had a puppy there for the auction. I couldn't help myself she is sooooo cute. I am a sucker for animals so of course I bid on her. My dog Echo seems to be ok with her. The puppy was licking her in the face this morning and she didn't get mad at her.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:00 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally posted by Kempyd

Lynnie how far away does you mom live?

about 7 1/2 hrs away in Maryland. *sighs* Right in the corner of maryland; 5 mins from delaware line and 15 mins from pennsylvania.

OMG you got a puppy you will have to take pics and show us; since I love dogs so much.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:16 PM   #9  

Default Congrats Kemp!

.......on the safe and happy arrival of your new puppy!

What kind of dog is it........my little yorkie is cute....good thing or it may not have survived puppyhood......that dog loves me.....follows me around....when I go he goes when I stop he stops....I can go our and return he is so happy to see me....jumping and licking and carrying on.....if I pop into the BR and come out it all starts again......what a crazy pup!

Have fun....I am sure we will hear some good stories in the weeks to come!

Liz
Old 10-17-2003, 12:35 PM   #10  
Divine Gal

Thanks Liz; please inform me of the difference between the two.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:50 PM   #11  
CIN

Sept............................Kempyd
Congrats on your pup..... that should cheer you up a bit!
Cin
Old 10-17-2003, 01:02 PM   #12  

Good morning everyone

I was up early....5:45...DH & I went to a restaurant for a birthday breakfast for a friend....there were 9 of us there....I had to set the alarm clock to get up that early....had to sit in front of the light box before we left.

Liz....I am sorry you aren't feeling good....I have been where you are....been so depressed about my weight....which over the years was just getting higher & higer.
I even gained 15 pounds last winter while on the antidepressant....that is enough to depress anyone. Then in August I signed up at Ediets....lasted 3 weeks...then...joined again at the end of September....saw Dr. Phil a few weeks ago....a light bulb went on....I realized my biggest problem was all or nothing thinking...so now I am trying to not have this kind of thinking....to take 1 day at a time.....if I blow it....to right back with it....we are not perfect.....we mess up at times.

Lynnie....what is a CPAP machine.....& a BiPAP machine?
I have no birth family here & have found that hard through the years....you have a chance to go back.....if it is what you want....to go back there....go....if there is nothing holding you back....I have kids born here....so I know I won't be going back there to live....2600 miles away....through getting over my depression....I have learned to accept that I will stay here.

Kemp.....what kind of puppy did you get?....how old?

Leenie....I printed the thread about faulty thinking....it is very good....I will put it where I can see it. With depression we have faulty thinking also....but about different things.

I have lost 8 pounds since August....it is slow....but I am plugging away at it....the biggest thing for me.....is to stop the all or nothing thinking....am getting better at it.

I think I am writing a book here...so I should go for now.

April
Old 10-17-2003, 01:08 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

A PUPPY!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww I wuv puppy's.

Hey Lynnie when the time's right for a move, it will happen. Best wishes to your hubby, hope he gets better real soon.

Cathy SMOOCH~

April, I know a few of those really hit a nerve with me but the one thats me to a "t" is the all or nothing... sigh~

Cin I would have called the police if there was a snake on my porch ROFLMFAO !!!!! Actually I've come pretty close to one that was on my lawn, a huge muther !!! boy did I scream, turns out it was the neighbors pet that got loose...OY

Where's the rest of the goils ?
Old 10-17-2003, 01:56 PM   #14  

Leenie....that is me to a T also....the all or nothing thinking. When I think back through the years....all the times I went to Weight Watchers....& gave up....all the other diets I did & quit....because I had blown it once or more....now I know I just have to keep at it.
When I see some of the people at Ediets....in the support threads...some have lost...like 25 pounds.....it might have taken 2 years....but they are learning new habits....healthier habits in that time.

April
Old 10-17-2003, 02:50 PM   #15  

Good afternoon everyone. I must say that I do look forward to coming her everyday and seeing what is written.

Kempyd, thanks for posting the name of that book yesterday. I may have to check that out.

Liz, I hope got that much needed rest. I know how it is to be up and can't go back to sleep! What always works for me is watching QVC or HSN. Just make sure you hide your wallet!

Lynnie, I too am curious about the machines that you are talking about. What are they? Also, sounds like you are doing well on your weight loss. Do you mind me asking how long you have been on Atkins and how much you have lost?

Cin, I just love the snake story. I can't even stand looking at a snake in a book. Creeps me out!

Anyway, all is well with me today. I just came from the library and checked out alot of books about self esteem and personal acceptance. I think I am partially there, but just wanted to see what these books have to say. I am so excited about the weekend. I totally dislike my job, and begin planning my weekend on Monday! I think our weather is supposed to be sunny, but chilly, but that is better than rainy! I have no real plans other than laundry. Oh, and my DD and I have dance rehearsal tomorrow.

Deondra
Closed Thread