Old 03-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default accountability / menus / planning March 16th - 22nd

Looking for some accountability? A place to post your menu? Support? A little of everything? This is the place for you! Come on over!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #2  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! I cannot believe it's back to work tomorrow....it's ok, but I know it is going to be super busy for the first few days....

I finally had the courage to step on the scale this am. I maintained, which is better than I thought I would do--official weigh in is tomorrow am, but I wanted to 'sneak a peak' today. Eating has been ok, not great, but ok. I have not exercised which is bad for me--I know I will not drop weight w/ out it, water has been good, and I have been eating breakfast every day. Unfortunately, not enough to get any stickers for the past week! My new reward is a manicure--if all 14 days are in a row, the reward will be a pedicure (more expensive).

Today will be a 'lazy day'. Thursday is my ortho appt, so I may have a 'mini' adventure afterwards--I am not going back to work after, so I may do something fun in the afternoon. Not sure what, though....

rakel--Oh, wow. I am so sorry to hear about all the added stress! When we were planning our wedding, someone told me weddings brings out either the best or worst in people--sorry to hear it's the latter in your future mil. The good news is, John is supporting you and not taking his mom's 'side'. Hold you head up high and ignore her childish behavior--easier said than done, I am sure, but that's what it is. Good for you for getting excited about being out on your own too!! Definitely get your thyroid checked--even a 'slight' imbalance can make a difference--at least that is what my dr has told me.

txmomma--ok, first of all you are not gross. Second of all, baggy sweats, really?! Unless they are what you wore in the last pic, take a new pic!!!!! In one of the watp dvd's it is recommended that you wear the same outfit--that way you WILL see your progress! Pull yourself up, pop in a dvd, and get walking girl, you CAN do this--you have lost 29lbs already! YEA!!! So glad you are feeling better!!!

mathpuppy--WOW! Go you!! You have support all around you!!! Yea, we have vacations like that too...sometimes we have the stay at home kind so we actually get to relax a bit!

beverlyjoy--Hope you had fun in Cleveland for the bdays!

purple--glad to hear you are feeling better!!!

Schmoodle--Yum, your dinner for yesterday sounded so good!

Rhonda--How are you doing?
Old 03-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #3  
mj5

Wow....super quiet around here today. I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #4  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Wow, it is quiet. Too quiet.

oo

I had a good day -- stayed OP food wise and did 2 miles WATP. I'm looking forward to my new DVDs, which should be coming tomorrow. I drank a lot of water, did my meditation. Didn't work much on the quilt because I was too busy with other stuff. Hopefully after DD goes to bed I'll have the energy! It's hard because during the personal time I have to myself while DD naps, I usually exercise, then meditate, and then shower.

mj, I'm sorry your vacation is over. That's awesome you maintained this week -- pretty remarkable, actually. =D Do you get a sticker for that? I lol'ed about the sweats. I should have made myself less homely. Hahahhahahahaa. =D I think I'll switch up the outfit next month. I actually chose the sweat pants because they have a drawstring so I'll be able to wear them for a while. But yea >> I should try to take a decent photo.

SO WHERE IS EVERYONE???
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:48 AM   #5  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

im here!! but i always check in late.
hmmm maybe everyone is busy with getting ready for st paddys day????
oh well

Yester day I busted my consecutive OP days. Ops! I went to this thing my friend was having. It was like a sorta party where people try to get you to sign up for classes, meh. Anyways, she made brownies… omg. I did good until I got up and started walking around and she was like “hey guys there is a whole pan of brownies here, please eat them!” uh oh! Before I knew it I was walking around that pan like a shark smelling chum!! =/ oh well I think that was about 5 days OP. so now I will try to compeat with myself to get 6consecutive days OP! hopefully I will beat my first record.
Today was good, stayed on plan. my honey is feeling sick. So I dragged our mattress out into the living room so we could lay down and watch tv. Its decadent for us. we didn’t have cable for a long time (we never watched much tv) so watching tv in bed is like eating a Sunday…’cept calorie free!

bigtxmomma- glad you are in better spirits!
mj- good luck getting back into the swing of things!

everyone else- hope you are doing well, you are in my thoughts.

see you all later.
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chickies! I had a great time in Cleveland. The party was so much fun! My food went well. I ate a very small portion of the lasagna, a sliver of cake and one tiny spoonful of ice cream. It was all delicious and I felt fine about how I approached the food - I am grateful.

Today I am off to PT again - hoping for the best.

also -
meditation
journal food
lots of water
stretches
Taxes!
paperwork
PMA

Breakfast - kashi waffle with NPNB, applesauce
snack - veggies
lunch - egg white scramble with lite cheese, ww toast, steamed carrots
snack - yogurt and flax, apple
dinner - 12 grain pancake, turkey sauasage, sf syrup
snack - cereal, skim milk, strawberries

I hope you all have a GREAT day.

MJ5 - ah, back to work - reality sets in. I am so glad you maintained on the scale - start heading for that manicure!! Sounds like a good goal. I hope your ortho can help.

bgtxmamma - so glad you've had a good day. Great job!! Don't ya just love meditation?

math - eating a brownie won't change your world totally. Jump right back onto your food plan and you'll be OK. You can beat that record....I just know it! Have a great day.

Everyone - have a good healthful day!!!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends.

Sorry I've been MIA and not been here to support each of my accountability friends. The old unaccountable off-plan 'me' who doesn't care anymore tried to come back and take over my body. It was a tough battle and the new 'me' almost lost, but I'm back on-plan and fighting the fight again. Honestly, this is the only time I've ever felt myself in serious danger of totally quitting this lifestyle change. I allowed myself to get caught up in the negative thinking and concentrating on how difficult this is and what I'm giving up. Basically, I had a big ole pity party for myself and decided to rebel. I'm not sure who I thought I was proving a point to? I forgot about what I've gained so far and what I still have to gain from staying on-plan...being healthy, feeling better, more confidence, etc etc etc. It is extremely difficult to get back on-plan today, but I'm finally at the point where I'm thinking again about the alternative and it isn't very appealing at all. So, I'm picking myself up yet again and I'm going in the right direction today.

Beth – How was the buffet?
Purple – How are renovations going? Is your back yard looking better?
Schmoodle – I’m sorry to hear that the scales are rewarding you for your hard work. But, it really is great to hear that you are maintaining your positive outlook.
MJ – Congratulations on maintaining while on vacation!
Momma – I’m sorry to hear that your “before” pictures were discouraging. But, you are going to be so happy that you took them and have a point of reference when you get further down the road. It will be very rewarding to have a visual reminder of your progress….and, you’ll have pictures to post in the Goal thread!
Math – Sorry you broke your consecutive streak. But, I look forward to seeing you reach 6 days, plus more.
Beverly – I’m so glad you had a great time in Cleveland. And, it sounds like you had a great on-plan experience with the food. Congratulations! I hope PT goes well for you today.
Rakel – I understand about having a difficult MIL. Mine has a severe form of Bi-Polar disorder and she has lived with us off-and-on for the 14+ years we’ve been married. At times, life has been extremely stressful. IMO, the reason Hubby and I are still together is because he made me and our marriage the priority in his life. It sounds like John is making you the priority, too. Your wedding is a very special day. I hope you enjoy every minute of it!

Today was my weigh-in day. I only gained 1.2 pounds. I was expecing a lot more and was expecting to be back in the 230's. I'm worked very hard to get out of the 230's, so I'm feeling very optimistic today. I have an enjoyable day of sugar detox ahead of me. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are planned. Hubby has agreed to get back on-plan with me, so dinner will be on-plan, too. Sometimes, sugar detox makes me feel really rough, but I'm still planning on doing at least 30 minutes on the treadmill this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Rhonda...I am so, so glad that you're back and planning for a good day. It's hard to do it....push thru and you'll make it. We are here for you. Remember how good you feel when you eat in a healthful way. Drink LOTS of water, friend.

Take care........Beverly

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-17-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, Monday again, blech! One thing I like about Mondays though is the fresh start thing, a whole week ahead to be completely on-plan!
First order of business, menu for the day:
B: crockpot oatmeal with dried cherries and milk
S: Hard boiled egg with V8
L: Mashed rutabagas, pork and pepper salad
S: latte, LCLC with celery, 1/2 orange
D: Ham and asparagus, tortellini for DH, potato soup for the kids
S: Greek Yogurt with agave nectar and slivered almonds

Sorry I didn't come to play yesterday bigtxmomma and mj! Busy running around day!
mathpuppy, you will make 6 days this time! One brownie doesn't spoil a plan!
Beverly, great job with sticking to your food plan!
Rhonda, you know how it works - keep pushing through the tough times and you will get back in your zone. Are you doing a Ph1? It's great that DH is on board too.

One pound down this morning. I can live with one pound a week!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #10  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Hello, my pretties! Glad this thread has perked up.

I lost 2 pounds this week, but I think actually more than that because the scale was around 291 Saturday morning. I'm bloated atm. Even my ankles are retaining water. Meh! I'm feeling good. I'm going to have a good day today and do WATP 2 miles, unless by a miracle my new WATP DVDs arrive early, but the mail doesn't get here until 4 usually.

Bfast: eggs, gimme lean, 1/2 slice of sprouted grain toast
Lunch: anasazi beans w/ eggplant
Dinner: more beans!
Snack: hot dogs, LFLC. I need to go grocery shopping and get some tomatoes or celery. I have no snacky vegetables.
Exercise: WATP 2 mile
Quilt: big center block

Rhonda, I'm so glad you're back. If you came back here, you WILL be able to get yourself back on track. =D =D That's awesome that you only gained a pound.

Math Puppy, 5 days OP is great! I know you can get to 6!!! Yay for laying in bed and watching TV! =D

Lovely menu, Ms. Schmoodle! Congrats on the loss! Yayyyyy!!

Congrats on staying on plan in Cleveland, Beverly!
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:18 PM   #11  
mj5

So I survived today....I still have a zillion e-mails, phone calls, etc to return and a stack of mail a mile high, but it's ok....one thing at a time.

I am SO mad at myself! I got up at 5, did a one mile watp dvd, drank a ton of water (way over target), worked late so no time for the gym--but came home and did a 2 mile walk slim dvd....I FORGOT TO EAT BREAFAST!! No sticker for me today....guess who won't forget to eat breakfast again!!!! I had breakfast w/ me, just got busy and didn't eat it. I will NOT use this as an excuse to over-eat tonight (old thinking...I have already 'blown' it for the day).

txmomma--Good for you!! Did you get to work on the quilt? CONGRATS on the loss!!! Did your dvd's come? Which ones did you get? I just got the leslie sansone "walk slim" series from QVC...wow, it is kicking my butt, but I really like it!

math puppy--Good for you for getting right back on plan! Hope your partner is feeling better. How nice to drag the mattress out to watch tv in bed!

beverlyjoy--Great job!

Rhonda--I am so glad the 'new' you won...I never had any doubts! Good for you!!!

Schmoodle--No apologies needed!

Purple--How are you?

Gotta run....have a great night!

Last edited by mj5; 03-17-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:37 PM   #12  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Boy, this weekend John had this 12 to 24 hr stomach bug. I thought I missed out on it, but today after work I was feeling pretty miserable, and then some gross bodily functions ensued. I'm going to try working from home tomorrow if I can, and hopefully that won't set me back any farther because um... I'm getting married on SATURDAY for crying out loud. I haven't been sick and throwing up in like 12 years... why now, the week before my wedding? Arg.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:15 AM   #13  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello everybody.
Day two on consecutive plan is going okay. I still have about 70 cals for a snack later if I want it. That’s pretty good. Oh yea, and today a co worker noticed I lost weight! That was a little validating, though I would have thought some one I was closer to would have been the first to notice, I almost never talk to this lady.

It was still exciting. hee hee. it made me feel really good.

Earlier today I had a mini-mini binge. I didn’t eat enough to go off plan (thank heavens) but i got that “out of control” feeling. I was just so nervous today because I forgot to pay my car insurance and didn’t have the money for it! I worked it out, but I totally stress ate. Oh well, the good part is, even after that happened I didn’t throw the day away. I just changed my food around to accommodate it and kept on trucking. That was a nice change.

Better go, the bed is still in the living room and the tv is on! Ha ha!

Beverly- thanx for the encouragement. Good job with the lasagna patrol! (I loooove lasagna!)

Girlygirl- as beverlyjoy’s sig says “sometimes you have to fight a battle more then once to win”. Im glad you are back! Would hate too lose such a good accountability buddy!

Schmoodle-it was sorta more then ONE brownie…lol! But I know I can go for 6 days this time! Its Monday! A fresh start! Hee hee.

Bigtxmomma- wow 2 lbs!!! wow you are almost done with your first fifty lbs!!! yaaaaay!! That’s so exciting! im so proud of you for sticking in there!

Mj5- good job not over eating later. You didn’t blow the day at all if you got right back on plan!!

Rakel- wow this Saturday!! Hopfully youll feel better right quick!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:15 AM   #14  
mj5

Good Morning! I just did a 2 mile fast start watp dvd. WOW! What a great way to start the day!!

Rakel--Oh no! I know you will feel better! Good Luck Saturday--not that you need it, of course!

math puppy--Yea, 2 days! Yea for someone noticing...maybe the other person didn't because s/he sees you all the time--sometimes it's hard to notice changes in people when you do see them all the time. Good for you for not 'throwing the day away'! Actually yesterday would have been a 'perfect' day, if I had remembered to eat breakfast! Oh well....new day!

Today, I will leave work as close to as time as possible and go to the gym. Have a great day!
Old 03-18-2008, 07:08 AM   #15  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

way to go mj!

I'm feeling much better today... though I'm thinking I should still stay home because I don't want to get anybody else sick, if I haven't already passed it on to them yesterday.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote