30 Somethings Daily Chat: Tuesday, October 16th - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 10-16-2007, 05:20 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: Tuesday, October 16th

Just a quick fly-by to start the thread today. Still adjusting to getting up early for the work routine.

Mood is still pretty much like last night - defeated before I've started - but we'll see if I can kick myself in the butt to keep going.

Hanna - Sounds an awful lot like my DW. She hasn't spoken to her mom in over 10 years now. Good thing her stepmom is pretty cool and my mom loves her to death.

Back to waking up. to everyone else.

:Lawrence
Rooster.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:06 AM   #2  

Hi...Just posting before I go workout...Hanna, I KNOW!! I never looked at prices before either. I think its because I never went to the grocery store and bout the same things. I know I didnt plan out meals or anything. I would often let things rot in the fridge or forget to take things out and say, oh, lets just go out...For the past 2 months, I have been planning my menus ahead of time. I have been trying new recipes, deleting some and keeping some. I now have a pretty good idea what I buy. I have a list of all ingredients of everything we eat on a normal basis. I want to have all of the things I need to cook dinner. Now, I am thinking I should know the prices. DH and I are so bad about it. I was talking to him on my way to the grocery store. I said, I read somewhere that you must not know prices if you dont know what a gallon of milk costs. He said $2.10..I didnt even think that was off. I said, " I buy Isabelle the organic milk in a half gallon container....I think thats 2 something". Went to the grocery store and shopped. Saw that milk is $4.19 for a gallon. I mean we watch so much. I know if my cell bill is out of whack. I know if my Apple stock has gone up. I notice when something weird goes on in my checking. I even know how much on average a new Gucci, Coach, and many other designer bags, sunglasses, and wallets cost. I dont know why I didnt know what things cost at the grocery store though. Its like I had on blinders. We bought a lot of imported cheeses, pasta, great olive oil, blah blah...I just always think what I am going to make Tuesday night, or Thursday and have a plan. I am really, really trying to be better. I am trying to own my list and know it as well as I know the victoria secret catalog, ya know....
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:07 AM   #3  

btw, Im going to work out now but I have to tell you guys about a HUGE (for me) fight I had with DH last night.....grrrrr...Ill write back when I get to work.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:21 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

Morning All!!

Sounds like everyone had an Okay Monday...sorry about the fight Laurie...hope you guys made up . Sounds like you got some awesomne deals...and to be thought of as a co-ed!!! Super!!! I wish someone would say that about me!!

Roo...you will get motivated...just take it one day (or even one meal) at a time.

Gotta go get DD ready for preschool...hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday!!

Pam

PS...Brazilian...think somewhere between a thong & a boyshort...very cute & I have NEVER (even when I was thin before) looked anywhere near good in them. I'm tellin' ya, it's that Firm Fanny Lifter!!! It rules!!

Last edited by pmasci; 10-16-2007 at 08:21 AM.
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'

I'm tired and been nothin' but runnin' around at work this AM. Nothing seems to be going right for me here and I'm getting frustrated.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

HELLO!
Wow it has been pretty quiet around here since yesterday, where is everyone????

Pam you are to cute with your description of a Brazillian! LOL.

Laurie sorry about the fight w/DH, did you guys make up? I have to laugh at your post about knowing all the prices of handbags and wallets, they are my weakes spot, I am adicted to LV! and I know the prices by heart,as a matter of fact I have my eye on the new style back pack Sac a Dos Bosphore or the Monogram Canvas Hudson GM :blush: but I did know the price of milk, I even know to buy 2 at a time to "save" money. DH likes to buy w/cupons and discounts, all though he doesn't buy things we will not use, very rarely he does and he likes top quality too. He can go to the store and come out with 8 huge bags of groceries for $100 and I can go to the store and come out with 2 little bags and spent the same $100.

Roo yes I am just like your DW as far as not talking to our mothers, like I said before my mother doesn't drive a car she flies a broom.

Blue eye how is the job?

Christina how are you? are you enjoying the new job? have not seen you either. Have you seen Melinda? tell her I say Hi!

Started the morning OK, Sean went to school w/out and argument HUGE!!! :smile: Dh and I had coffee together, he is going w/me to the IEP meeting so he is still home! I am planing on going to the gym after the meeting and take it easy after that, I do have to go to the knitting shop, I have a problem w/one of the projects I am working on.

See you all later.
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Hey all,

Had a good weekend the wedding was different and kind of uncomfortable. It had to explain unless you all want to here about defunctions in my family lol. If you do I get into it lol.

An I think I'm having issues with turning 30 in less than a month. Not so much of leaving the 20's and entering the 30's its just I'm not where I thought I'd. I guess it doesn't help that both my brothers who are younger are now married and my cusion who's only 4 months older then me is getting married as well and my other cusion who no one ever thought would get married got married last year.

Here I am sorta like a bobber in a pond. Still in my shell I have a hard time gettin to know people and breaking the ice. I don't know I'm just feeling weird lately. I honeslty think if I hear "your a great guy you'll find someone" I'm going to scream. Cause everyone says it and I'm not talking here I'm talking everyone I've everyone I know in every walk of life I know. I know everyone means well. But its not like an answer to the problem. If I'm so great why haven't I been found yet. But eh anyway its time to make the dollar.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #8  

Aww BJ.....Youre such a nice guy, Im sure youll fine someone....J/K hehehe. I know sounds lame but what have you done to try to meet women? Seems like you work ALOT and have little time for much else. Maybe you should try to work a little less and take up a hobby. If you have always wanted to learn to scuba, do that or take a painting class. If you get to a place where you are happy being alone, I think that women will be attracted to your aura of self satisfaction and confidence in yourself. Anyway, just my 2 cents....

OK, now for the juicy details of my fight...I was looking here at the goals. I saw this girl who was very pretty even overweight and lost about the same as I want to lose tho I am a few inches taller. She had some FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC after pictures and I said, "c'mere, hun...check this girl out..." and he looked at her for a bit and said...."I think she is lying about her weight...I picture a girl at that weight being SIGNIFICANTLY smaller" I was like WTF! She was gorgeous. I dont believe for a second she is lying. I mean IM gonna diet but if he looks at this girl and thinks she needs to lose significant anything, what does he think of me now. What an A$$!! Ya know? Put me in a foul mood!!! Dont get me wrong, he is not ever critical about me now but says, oh I cant wait until this summer....you are going to be sooooo hot!! Just totally pisses me off. I mean, am I not "hot" now? I get hit on all the time. Guys come to the shop and flirt with me. I am not unattrective. And besides, who is he to be so critical. He has some lbs to lose. He feels like a jerk now says thats is NOT what he meant but Im thinking, hey, Im 32 and have had a kid, if I get to that size I will be jumping for FREAKING JOY! And maybe if he is not totally satisfied I WILL lose a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight- IE. My 200lb DH!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:36 AM   #9  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Morning everyone! Had a super busy weekend. No time at all to post! I did read everything though.

Kerri~sorry you're having a hard time. That stinks that people are so judgemental! What crap! Just remember Karma comes back around!

Lisa~are you working Wed this week? I'm coming in with mom and kids. Mom wants to buy the kids some jammies. lol What dept do you work in? I'll come say hi!

to everyone else.

I told my trainer at the gym that I needed to meet with him and get back on track. Boy did he kick my butt yesterday! He had me on a machine called an Octane. It is a wolf in elliptical's clothing. Like an elliptical on crack! I did 50 seconds at regular speed then 10 seconds as fast as I could go then 50 sec slow and 10 sec fast, then 1 min 50 sec slow and 10 sec fast again. I did that for 8 minutes, then abs then back to the Octane for 6 min doing same routine the abs again the Octane for 4 min. I swear I thought my legs were going to fall off my body! It didn't sound like much when he told me what to do but when I did it I was like OMG!!! lol I told him I wanted him to push me. I need to be pushed and I wasn't pushing myself. I felt great after I was all done! I'll check back later. Make it a great day!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...

Hanna...seems like you have been having good mornings lately with Sean. Good luck at the meeting.

Laurie...you crack me up *lose a significant amt. of weight...my 200lb DH!!* funny!!! Sometimes I think men just say the wrong thing, they don't really mean it the way it comes out. I'm sure he thinks you're beautiful...how could he not?? You're gorgeous!! Here's a conversation my DH & I had after we had been dating a while:

Me: How come you decided to go out with me? All your ex girlfriends were like models!! (He used to have long hair & sing in a band. Singer=chick magnet)

Him: Dude, really pretty girls always turn out to be *****es. You are awesome, we get along so well.

Me: UHHHH, talk about a back-handed compliment.

See?? and he's a super guy,has always been attracted to me, but sometimes just sticks his foot in his mouth. It's a man thing.

Speaking of men, BJ, did you ever watch that show The Pick up Artist on VH1? It was pretty good. It seems like it's all about confidence in yourself, or being comfortable, like Laurie said. The thing is, you shouldn't compare yourself to all your relatives, I know it's hard not to, but I just don't think it helps you, only brings you down more. I'm with Laurie, maybe take a class or join a gym, or find a singles club (like through a church or you local township). That's MY 2 cents!!

Hope you all continue to have a great day. Gonna go have lunch!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Molly, your work out sounds killer. Where is it you go again?
I will be working at EB on Wednesday. Does your mom know it is a Senior Day? I normally work in the Domestics/Kids/Junior/Infants and Toddlers area. However that day I will be stationed at the door by Secor. I am working the closing shift so after 5.

Laurie, that sounds like "encouragement" that I used to get from my ex-husband. I got smart and DTC. (dumped the chump)

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Laurie, your post yesterday and today made me laugh.

Hey John!

Mamabear, I am always amazed how those machines can work you out.

Hanna, as of now DH is going to Charlotte. I don't know when. I don't know when the kids and I will go. We will have to find a place and all. DH told DS that I was the one wanting to move. That's what DS told me. My thoughts, WTF? I really think he could care less if the kids and I move there or not. Which puts me at a crossroads.

Well I worked out for 15mins before work. After work I went to a park and walked for about 20mins. DS told me something so funny. I have QVC on in the background. Not really watching. Anyways, he tells me "thats not real" I was like what? He told me "QVC is not real, the prices arent' real" I had to laugh. I wonder if it is because he is always being told his favorite show, WWE isn't real, lol.

Gonna go help DS with homework, talk later.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Laurie- most guys can't tell the differance between 3 inches and 6 inches. Can you actual expect a guy to be able to understand weight. lol

Alicia- HI

yeah most of my hobbies are either done singular or guy oirented. Not to say women don't enjoy them as well but they are few and far between an normally attacted to someone else.

I do work a lot but not much chance of that changing. The church I go to when I go doesn't have many single people. Most social type clubs don't work cause I just am unable to commit the time.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:08 PM   #14  

BJ- WTF, I may be a lil buzzed but girls should be falling over themselves for you. Good man, job, hard worker, etc. YOU be the picky one. PLAY hard to get a lil...girls love a challenge as much as men!! Hang in there, dude...Wish you lived closer...there are so many hot chicks I would hook u up with...

BTW...anyone else on myspace... add me laurie2275

Later Gator (that one is for GG)

Laurie
Old 10-16-2007, 08:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

lol at laurie...good to know i'm missed when i'm mia. Sorry, internet has been down at home for 2 days. So i haven't been able to do crap. Other than that...work has been busy like usual. Nothing really new to report. I have been doing pretty well with working out..however this weekend bbq probably killed my diet due to wayyyyy to many beers. Oh well. We'll see.
hope everyone is well. I'll try to catch up...but got lots to do tonight. Night all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote