Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 11:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Thumbs up Binge-free week, October 16th start

In the words of the lovely Elizabeth:

This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger!

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off on a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength!

Let's do it!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #2  

Yesterday was a challenge but I made the right decision for myself. I have to remember that I control what I eat and I cannot allow others to tell me what and how to eat. Because I resent it after following their advice and as a result I binge eat.

Today is my 6th day of being binge free.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi Ellis,
I'm going to join the challenge for this week.

littlebmblebee--6 day's of being binge free is great a accomplishment.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #4  

CeeJayThanks. Everyday is a sturggle but we can all be successful one minute, one hour or one day at a time. We have to keep trying and not give up.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I made it 4 days binge free last week But the weekend did me in. I went to a Rennaisance Festival, and managed to avoid all of the temptation -- but then we went shopping and I couldn't resist two of my favorite places to eat. (One for dinner, the other dessert).

This week I will be binge free -- I really have to be -- I'm stuck at home at least until Thursday because my car is broken down and I can't get out of the house - unless I walk -- and it's been cold and rainy so that won't be happening.

Good luck girls!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

FIVE DAYS BINGE FREE

I can't believe it.... i feel so great and i have lost 3 pounds since this sat. I have so much motivation its unbelievable
Old 10-16-2006, 07:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 276/209/160

Height: 5'5

I am also going to get in on this challenge, starting right now! Even though its 7:40 at night.
Thank you so much for this. I need the accountability right now!

Last edited by deebygrace; 10-16-2006 at 07:43 PM. Reason: to add weight loss tracker
Old 10-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #8  

Default I committ to not bingeing...

I think I'm going to make this committment every day this week. I didn't binge today, but I also know today is almost over. And tomorrow is just a whole 'nother day of issues and I'm going to committ to tomorrow...and then the next day and then the next day.

I just joined this website so I don't know if there's a forum for prayers...but I'm facing a really tough couple of weeks in terms of stress. When I'm in a group function, I feel much more stressed, I tend to go home and binge. And, next week I'm travelling all week and my pattern is to relax by staying in my hotel room at night and bingeing in front of the pay per tv movies. I'm also speaking at a conference next Monday and I'm just so fat right now and really none of my fat clothes fit me...and I WILL NOT BUY ANY NEW CLOTHES; NO WAY; NO HOW. So, I cry every time I think of speaking in front of 100 people looking the way I look and thinking of all the time I had to lose the weight...though I know my not losing weight had nothing to do with the conference or my appearance,,,it had to do with not wanting to face all the feelings I have about ageing; the choices I've made that have resulted in no husband, no children, no retirement planning, etc. etc. I think about what my life is like and quite honestly I don't want to think about them...'cuz I can't fix/change them and I don't know how to accept them because the effects of them are in my life every day. Anyone have any thoughts or experience on dealing with regrets...

Thanks so much for this website and letting me just post all over it!!
Old 10-17-2006, 01:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 145/137/120

I'll join. Here's to day #1.

Heya, Linda. Here's my one & only thought about regrets: There's no room for self-pity. Ever.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:38 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Ladies, you're all doing so well! And finally, I am right there with you. This will be my fourth binge-free day!

Linda, I think there is a faith group here... hang on... oh, here it is:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=127

But even some of here pray and at the very least, give hugs and words of encouragement. We're glad to have you here.

I'll certainly keep you in my prayers. We all know that food/stress thing.
Why don't you choose to make some small changes? What about buying some precut veggies and dip to eat while you watch movies?

As for regrets... it's easy to look at one hand and say, "this is what I don't have". But look at the other hand and remember, "this is what I DO have".
It's easy to focus on the negative... it's a trap many of us are guilty of falling into.
People who are lonely and/or without a partner/children don't get this, but I would love to be alone. I had no idea how much until AFTER I'd married and had children. I would never leave them... I love them more than anything, but sometimes I get a lump in my throat knowing that I'm missing out on something. Being alone with myself.
Whatever choices we make in life, we're going to be missing out on something. We can't "have it all". And someone elses life always looks better than ours. But it's not necessarily so.
I think Elizabeth is right. We've only got one life... don't waste it with regrets. Make the best of the choices you have made, and be strong with those choices. You've got a lot going for you... we all do.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Linda--I'm probably in the sme boat that you are about not having a husband or children but you know what I do have family that really care about me. I love being single.

Hi Elizabeth-I like your statement on theres no regrets or self pity. I sometimes have both regret and self pity when I go off on a binge.

Ellis--Congatulations on being binge free for 4 days. I didn't really binge yesterday but I didn't stay on plan either.

Today I'm planning a binge free day. The past couple of days have been a little stressful at work. And stress is a big trigger for me.

I'm cheering for every one for a binge free day.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:07 PM   #12  

Default It's Tuesday and I committ to being binge free today

I'm so glad I found this site..I looked forward this morning to getting up and just knowing I was consciously deciding to not binge and there's just something very powerful in writing this down and knowing that there are so many others that feel the same way and experience the same kinds of obsessive thoughts/feelings about food.

And, thanks everyone for the thoughts about regrets...And, especially for the reminder that the grass isn't always greener and that we can't have it all.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:37 PM   #13  

Today is day one of no binging. I binged last night after making it through the day. Usually my binges start in the morning but I allowed myself to get too hungry last night. I did take steps to keep some kind of control. I set a limit to the amount of food I would eat and I refused to let the binge continue for another day. Usually my binge eating last for days, weeks, months and yes years. But I am taking control that if it happens one day a week than that is it for the week. Eventually I will cut down the binge eating to one hour and than one minute until I can end this binge eating. It'll take time but I know I'll get there.

Day 1 of being binge free
Old 10-17-2006, 10:27 PM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

ok today I binged, no reason, had a good day. But it was there and *shrug no thought just ate.
Tomorrow will be good, I know it will be, once all the bad stuff is gone. But I have been super good for days. And I will be good again.

My dr. visits have been great, thought a few weeks ago I was going to need to see my other family dr. for anti depressents. Was feeling pretty low, and binging. I quit my job, and went to my old company, did the training with one of the nastiest people ever. But my mantra was,,*she is training me then leaving* this job is only a temp. (but darn I really like the job) 3.5 weeks to go. But I am breathing, grounding myself, (except for the 10 minutes earlier today) and focusing on my health. I need to loose 20 lbs by christmas, or I will be put on meds for high sugar cholestral. Or I should say 17 lbs....
Old 10-17-2006, 11:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 145/137/120

Hey, everyone. Here's to day #2. And let's have an awesome day tomorrow.

cheers
Closed Thread