Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 11:45 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thumbs down FABULOUS 40's

To copy Es....Happy Monday....a fresh start

Zoe,
way to go on the 7 lbs!!! Good job. How was the bbq yesterday?

Terri,
The Bears game yesterday was a nail biter at the end; lots of questionable calls against the Bears. Urlacher is awesome. Then the Sopranos in the evening....the perfect day!

Es,
Hope the elbow is better. Remind David about that camera!

Have to run, Monday is always a catch-up day, plus I've got to get to school for an exam prep session.

will talk to yins (my best friend from childhood..her Mom was from PA and always called us that!) later....

~Jen
Old 09-16-2002, 12:58 PM   #2  

Angry

Jen, my buddy, you forgot to type #129. Am I being picky? If I am I'm sorry. I missed the Sopranos. I was going to tape it & I forgot. What a bummer. I tape everything just in case I fall asleep.

My lunch hour is almost over. Today is flying guys. One of my co-workers asked me how I did this week with WW. I hate saying I gained. I feel like such a let down. Here I'm always talking about what a great program it is but I'm definitely not a good example. Oh well<sigh>

Have a great day Terri, Janie, Dianne(having fun in the sun), Ruth & Sandy.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by fitforlife426; 09-16-2002 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2002, 01:29 PM   #3  

Zoe,
WTG Girlfriend!!! I am jealous! With mom cooking I am definately gaining this week.

Es,
Hows that elbow? The swelling on my ankle has gone down most of the way but it is all kinds of interesting collors. Anyway it is feeling better. My Sat schedule was a bit rough on it though and I suffered all day yesterday for it. I plan to get back to the club and try the cycle later this week. I think it will be a while before I get back to kickboxing.

Terri,
Thank you for the parenting compliment. That means a lot to me. I don't know whether I am a good parent or not, I just do what seems to make sense. Luckily, most of it seems to be working. I really think Ellen deserves more of the credit. I have been blessed with a particularaly fantastic kid.

All My buds,
Thank you all for the anniversary well wishes. I can't believe that it has been 17 years. He is such a guy. I really am blessed. I think I'll keep him for at least another 17 We went out for dinner at this really cool resteraunt. It is kind of a bar/resteraunt/bistro (very European style). Where you have drinks and pretty much just dine on appetizers. But this place the appetizers are all totally gourmet. Not you typical bar food. It was wonderful. Afterwards we were going to go to the movies but the one I wanted to see (My Big Fat Greek Wedding) didn't start until 10:20 and I didn't want to be out that late.

Hasta Luego,
JanieD
Old 09-16-2002, 06:50 PM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
You're not being picky......I realized right after that I had neglected to put #129 on the title of the thread. Not the first time i've done that... I'll leave the new ones up to you! I know I can edit a post, but can't edit the title of the thread.

So, please, everyone, remember this is 129, for when the next one rolls around.

later,
~Jen
Old 09-16-2002, 07:53 PM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Monday!!

Good Evening everyone! Another Monday under my belt. I love Monday's at 5pm because when I can get through a Monday (like today), the rest of the week is down hill.

Jen ~ Ok, so you forgot the "129". Not biggie. I was going to mention it anyway but Essie beat me to it. The BBQ was good and I stayed OP. Can you believe it?? I must be on a roll....(opps, don't say ROLL......)

Janie ~ I'm so sorry that I missed your anniversary. I hope it was a GREAT one! It sure sounds like it was.

Hi everyone else. Hope it's a great Monday.

Me
Old 09-16-2002, 09:23 PM   #6  

JanieD,
That is wobderful that Ellen is so great. My kids are great too. My oldest Brittany is a wonderful teen. What more can I ask? I saw to many horrors with teens. Life is much, much easier that way.

I don't have much time.

Yay Bears! Steelers lost again.

Terri
Old 09-17-2002, 12:53 PM   #7  

Hi Girls,

Poppin in to say hi & see how my buddies are doing.

Jen, I was teasing you. We all know it's 129. We are FABULOUS

Zoe, sounds like you're very motivated. I'm happy for you.(high Five) I didn't want to say ROLL.

Janie, how are you today? Take care of that ankle. I love kickboxing. That's one of my favorite cardio exercises. We want you well so kickboxing is a for now.

Hi Terri

Be back later.

Hugs,
Es
Old 09-17-2002, 02:39 PM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi Es,
I know you were teasing

When does Dianne return from her cruise? It seems like she's been gone a long time!

Janie,
Sounds like you celebrated your anniversary at a cool place; I want to see the wedding movie also, have heard it's doing very well.

see you later,
~Jen
Old 09-17-2002, 04:54 PM   #9  

Hi all!
Dianne is stopping in Fl. after to visit family. Hope the weather is good.

How is everyone?
I had a pretty good day. I started watching Dr. Phil. I think I could get hooked on him. Thank goodness for VCRs.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 09-17-2002, 07:13 PM   #10  

Angry

Hi

OMG! I forgot about Dr. Phil! Geeezzz what the heck is wrong with me. I've been forgetting alot lately. I like him. He's real. He's not a phoney like some of the others. He's funny too. Terri, is it on everyday?

Jen, Dianne did mention spending some time with her son. I miss her already.

I've been hearing quite a bit of WW success stories. Since yesterday I heard 3. That's what makes me keep trying harder. This program really works if you stick to it. Someone from work told me her daughter just joined with her MIL & the MIL lost 8 & her daughter 5 on their 1st week. The other one was on LA Weightloss & switched to WW & lost 10.

Janie, Ellen sounds very special. You have a very close relationship which makes you one cool Mom.

Going to go browse around a bit. Haven't done much of that lately. Not enough hours in a day.

Love you's,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 09-17-2002 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:31 PM   #11  

Hi everyone,
I am here to report a miracle. I didn't gain this week. I didn't loose either. but I'll take it since I expected a 3-4 lb gain.

Have a great wed.
Hugs,
JanieD
Old 09-18-2002, 11:15 PM   #12  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick hello to all my Buddies. Not an eventful week so far, just looking forward to the weekend as usual. Had my hair done tonight after work while Greg had his mid-week golf fix.

Been staying OP still.....can you believe it??? I'm not sure I can. I don't feel like I'm losing but then, it's still too soon I suppose. Saturday morning is WI and we'll see. Sure would be nice to lose 3 for a total of 10. Wouldn't THAT be some sort of miracle.........

Well, have a great night and I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.

Patti and Zoe <><
Old 09-19-2002, 12:14 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ok, Zoe, fingers are crossed.... :hypno2:
seriously, you're doing great! Way to go on staying OP...let us know.

Janie, that's staying the same...not bad!!! you did something right, not showing a gain is good.

Es, I LOVE Dr. Phil, him and his he tells it like it is. I would be afraid to face him, tho! Have to catch his new show, haven't seen it yet.
Talking about WW success stories...there is a woman in town I'm in a few groups with; she took the self-defense class I took back in January....she WAS about 5'8", 230 pounds....now she looks like she's 150, and looks great. She's on WW...doesn't say how much she lost and I won't ask. Then I get down on myself 'cause I see what I could have accomplished had I stuck with it back in January.

The boys will be here on Sunday, we may go apple picking. I'm simply looking forward to having them over, it's been a couple of weeks since last time.

later,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 09-19-2002 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:26 AM   #14  

Es,
Yes he is on everyday. I get him right before Oprah. I tape it and watch after the kids go to bed. I love him. There was one on yesterday about overweight kids. There was this one mom whose 8 yr. old weighed 125 pounds. This mom was a piece of work. Dr. Phil layed into her. When her daughter complained about kids calling her fat and stupid her mom said she didn't blame them. She said she can't show her daughter affection because she is so fat. But she can show all the love and give all the kisses to her niece cause she is thin and beautiful. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was a b****. Dr. Phil was shocked that this woman was saying the things she said. People in the audience couldn't believe this woman.
There is going to be one on soon with the woman who is suing the Fast food restaurants because her daughter is heavy. She is on there with her lawyer. I saw a preview. Dr. Phil asks a question and the lawyer answers it and Dr. Phil says "That is a load of crap." The question was how can you sit there and tell me that you are going to sue the restaurants and the lawyer said that the restaurant could offer a super size of less fatt... and that is all he got out before Dr. Phil let loose.
I love it! Brittany likes his son. He is 22 and cute! He wrote a book and talks to younger people. He will also be on once in awhile.

JanieD,
Congrats on the maintain. YAY!!!!!!!

Jen, Have fun with the boys. I know you will.

Zoe,
You are rockin' girl! Fingers are crossed for you!

Talk to y'all later!!!!!!!!!!
Terri
Old 09-19-2002, 12:56 PM   #15  

Hi

Terri, I have to watch his show!! He's too much. I love that he tells them off. I can't believe that Mom How could anyone say that about their child! I'm glad I didn't watch that one. She would have gotten on my nerves! I saw his son on Oprah a while ago. Tell Brittany I think he's cute too.

Jen, Dr Phil would have my palms sweating from being so nervous. Did you ever see the Rosie O'Donnell show when he was on as a surprise guest? When she opened her eyes she screamed!!! She said she's afraid of him. I've seen so many women that started when I did(50 million times) & lost alot. Glad you're spending time with the boys. I know you miss them.

Zoe, you go girl! I guess you heard the click! I'm still waiting to hear it. Good luck Saturday.

See Janie. I knew you'd be fine.

Lunch hour is over.

Till later
Es
Closed Thread