Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 09:44 AM   #1  

Default LA Weight Loss #43

Good morning all! I made it back safe and sound from Madison last night. I went to weigh in this morning and I maintained over my trip. I would have liked to lose even just a little, but that is ok. All week I had to eat catered meals...so who knows how they were prepared. I think I made the best choices I could, except for that one chocolate chip cookie .

I am putting a 5 lb turkey breast in the oven this afternoon. I will have that to eat on all week. It makes for quick and easy meals.

Hope everyone had a great on plan week!!
Old 02-09-2002, 11:24 AM   #2  

Hey everyone!

Its been a crazy week for me...its also been up and down. Last week I lost 4 pounds and now I am up 4 pounds. I had a good week and walked 4 days so far. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I really ate well. I also just finished TOM so I thought I would be down. I had two people at work ask me if I was losing weight and said yes even though the scale didn't say so! Anyway, sounds like everyone else is right on track!
Diane, glad to hear you are doing well and adding some running in your exercise routine! Those little busts help a lot!
Jibbelle, Way to go on not gaining while you were gone! You are right about not knowing how that food was prepared! Be very proud of yourself.

Congrats to everyone else that lost this week as well!

Have a great weekend! Don't forget your water!

Marcie
Old 02-09-2002, 12:31 PM   #3  

Hi EveryOne:
Welcome back Jibbelle. Eating food that you do not have control over is hard. Was it a good cookie?
Marcie sometimes that scale drives me nuts I have been doing the up and down it is a pain neck, but I keep trying.
I was bad and went shoppung for some clothes that I did not need but I wanted a little motivation. It was kind of fun picking up things and not worrying if they were going to fit.
I cheated on my first day of take-off but I did o.K. on the second day. I should not have done it I was not in the mood to do take-off. The party I was supposed to go to was cancelled, not to be mean but I was glad, no temptation for the weekend now.
Have a great weekend
Diane
4/06/01 201 ( I was putting the wrong date all this time)
02/09/02 143.6
goal 135
Old 02-11-2002, 04:38 PM   #4  

Diane-

The cookie was very good!! LOL Not as good as mine, but I do not dare make a whole batch of cookies!

Everyone must be having a week as hectic as mine. The board seems to be slow. I hope all is well with everyone!
Old 02-11-2002, 06:43 PM   #5  

Hi Jibbelle:
I was thinking the same thing I was getting ready to answer my own post. I dare not make any cookies I would probably eat the whole batch. How are you doing?

I know we talked about being sick of chicken but tonight it crossed my mind not to eat anything for dinner than have chicken again, then I found some ground turkey and had a turkey burger.
I have not been doing well with the program lately cheating to much this is getting rather silly I have 7-8 pounds left and I seem to be in a cheating cycle any ideas? I have been losing the same 2 pounds over and over and when they say at the center Oh you lost since the last time you were here, to me that is not losing because I did it three time already, it was a new councelor
and I felt bad after but when they are offering you ideas that I have done I don't know how many times by now it get kind of annoying. One tells you not eat fruit at night then she is telling me to eat two fruits after dinner, I just told her after dinner I do not eat anything. Just feeling frustrated. I weigh in tomarrow.
Diane
4/06/01 201
2/09/02 143.8
goal 135
Old 02-11-2002, 09:17 PM   #6  

I am doing pretty well Diane, although things are a bit crazy with work and school right now.

The people at my center always told me not to eat fruit after 4pm. They also said to try and get my starches in before 4pm also. Those are the foods that take the longest to digest.

I have been cheating a lot lately too. I get the munchies when I get home from work. I really need to be better for the couple hours before dinner time.

I am really trying hard this week. I really must lose a pound or two this week! I am in a bit of a slump. They are supposed to change my plan really soon. I think in 5 more lbs. I wish they would do it now. I think it would help.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:28 AM   #7  

Jibbelle:
My munchie time is in the afternoon. Most of the time I do not eat after I have had dinner. I think it is good that you are working through these munchie times. Hang in there. Since I started I would always make sure I got to the center for me three times a week no matter how much I cheated, I did not want to give in or give up.
My weigh in was up .2 from Saturday not bad ater the cheating I did on Saturday.
I want to get over this cheating also I have not had a good week for a while.
Have a good day
Diane
4/06/01 201
02/12/02 143.8
goal 135
Old 02-12-2002, 04:18 PM   #8  

Talking Keeping my chin(s) up

Hi all,

Well, it's been a quiet week in...

Oops. Channeling Garrison Keillor there for a minute.

Actually, I'm up a little. (0.4 gain since Saturday, when I lost 0.2.) Bleh. Problem is, I'm on program! But it's "that time" so I'm hanging tough.

Do y'all ever find yourself making bargains with yourself? Y'know, "I'll just have this Snickers and then I'll walk five miles tomorrow." I'll catch myself talking like this, but then I'll realize that I never keep the bargain!

I guess it's easier to stay on the program. Oh well. I'll be loving it when I'm done!

Cheers,
Mary

236/205.8/160
Old 02-12-2002, 05:35 PM   #9  

I have had a pretty good day today so far:

Breakfast
cereal bar (S,F)

Snack
orange and nu light bar (F)

Lunch
bread, turkey, mayo, lettuce salad, fat free dressing (P, V, V, S, fat)

Snack
milk, nu light shake (Dairy)

Dinner (at 4:30 since I have to leave for class soon!)
lettuce salad, lean pocket, ff dressing (P, S, V, V)

I will also have an apple right before class at 6:30. I managed to get all my foods in with no cheats! I am on the red plan until I get to 239, then I switch to purple. I am so close. I am hoping that when I switch I will start losing faster again.

Take care all!
Old 02-12-2002, 10:13 PM   #10  

Default LA weightloss

Hi
I just started LA 3 weeks ago and have lost 15 lbs. I love the plan and would love to talk to others on the plan.
Island girl
SW169.5
CW 1553/4
GW135
Old 02-12-2002, 10:57 PM   #11  

You are doing great so far!! Which plan are you on?
Old 02-13-2002, 02:38 PM   #12  

Default LA weight loss

Hi Jibell
I am on the red plan- What kind of meals do u make w/ turkey breast???I am interested in exchanging menus of what I eat for the day if anyone is interested. Is there a trick to reading the other posts- I can only get to what is showing. Any help would be appreciated. Is there anyway this thread can come directly to my email. ???
Truly,
Pam
Ps if anyone wants to email me directly concerning LAWL feel free- just put LAWL in subject or I will delete it
[email protected]
Old 02-13-2002, 06:49 PM   #13  

turkey stir fry
turkey salad (mayo, celery, etc)
turkey fajitas
turkey sandwich
turkey chunks on salad
I use the turkey in any recipe I would use chicken.

I am also on the red plan, but I should be switching very soon to the purple.

Breakfast: cereal bar, cottage cheese
Snack: nulight, orange
Lunch: pasta, broccoli, mushrooms, pasta, cheese
Snack: apple, nulight
Dinner: turkey salad, melba toast, tossed salad

What a day I am having today! Busy one at work, then I get home and the heat pump isnt working and my house is freezing!!! ARGH! Waiting on repair man now.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:21 PM   #14  

Angry

Hi all
I am enjoying reading your posts. I have had a hungry day today. I weighed and am down another lb. I have been planning my meals the night b4 but haven't done it today and I can see how it messes me up- so tonite I will plan for tomorrow, If I fail to plan- I plan to fail. thanks for being there. It feels good to know there are others out there doing the same as I. It has been 3 weeks today and maybe the honeymoon is over or just TOM but am having a yucky feeling day- but I haven't cheated so I am proud of that.I am learning to maneuver around this site, so ya'll can disregard my prior post.
Pam
SW 169.5
CW 1543/4
GW 135 by Memorial weekend

149 by 2-28
Old 02-14-2002, 09:38 AM   #15  

Hey Ladies,

Just popping in to say hello... nice to see that everyone is doing ok. Keep up the good work and may you have continued success with your diets!

Well, I'm still not back on plan... have had so much going on... beginning to feel some better... found a dr that I like... even though I don't go to the doctor... I had to give in... she seems to think that it was my lung... which fortunately has cleared up.

She is running a few other tests and we are waiting on those results... when she gives me the go ahead... a clean report... I will continue some type of diet under her supervision... it probably will not be LAWL... but... for those of you that are heathly and having good results... I wish you the best.

And for those others, not on LA... I wish you good results, too!

I'm off to P'cola... not to the center... but, with my daughter to the dr... did I tell you that I'm expecting my 2nd grandchild... our daughter's first child... due Sept.... our grandson just turned 11... so this is just great news... we are all excited!

Take care all,
Nancy
Closed Thread