Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 03:35 PM   #31  

Default Double chocolate...mmmmmmmm

I alternate between the Honey Nougat and the Double Chocolate, with the HN for morning (sometimes breakfast!) and the DC for dessert after dinner.

Great idea about the ground turkey breast! Thanks, Jibbelle!!

Cheers,
Mary
Old 02-19-2002, 04:50 PM   #32  

Hi All:
Welcome ML.
Jibbelle I thought we could not have salsa until stablization or am I mistaken? Did you make it to purple plan?
It seems like we all do not have the carmel bars and we are from different areas. I don't even ask anymore.
I cheated again and I am really getting annoyed with myself,
since December I have really only lost 2 pounds. I go to weigh in tomarrow I might do take off at the end of the week.
Have a great OP week
Diane
04/06/01 201
2/16/02 142.4
goal 135
Old 02-19-2002, 05:25 PM   #33  

Diane-

I am at 243 and I have to make it to 239 before they switch my plan. I am sooooo close! I have really been trying hard this week. I hope it shows Saturday when I weigh in.

I am going out to dinner tonight with my mom. Hopefully there is some chicken on the menu! Then we are going to see Phantom of the Opera...I am so excited. I will drink lots of water at the show (thankfully there is an intermission! )

I do not know about the salsa and stabilization. I just saw that salsa was a free food in the LA Weight Loss cookbook that they have at the center. There are lots of free foods in there that are not in any of the literature they gave me when I started. If anyone has not seen the cookbook, browse thru one next time you are at the center. I believe the free foods were in the last section of ethnic foods.

I ate the honey nougat bar for a mid morning snack for a long time. Now I usually do a chocolate crunch or double chocolate bar mid morning and a chocolate shake (made with milk) for an after work snack. If I have cheese on the menu for the day then I do two bars.

Do you keep doing bars during stabalization?
Old 02-19-2002, 09:07 PM   #34  

Hi all-
This is my fourth week and I went up 2.1/4 lbs. I was so bummed but I deserved it as we went out Fri. and I had a glass of wine and then on sat. I ate 2 extra bars- I needed chocolate...It is a week before TOM- does anyone else have weight gain around that time????
Another question- I bought individual frozen chicken breasts at Sams by Empire- they are so good but have a 12% solution of salt and sodium phosphates and stuff like that - does anyone know if they are acceptable????
I'm afraid they are too high in sodium.
Also I pan fry my breasts in Pam and I can't believe its not butter spray- is that okay???
Thanks for your suggestions.
Diane- I am so impressed with your loss- Way to go
Jibelle- Did you love the Phantom- I have the CD and CRANK it up. I LOVE it...
Mary- you are doing great- eating out and losing- you go girl
Why do some people do take off and what does it consist of? Does everyone graduate down when they lose a certain amount???
I don't want to give up ANY of my food...
I am on the red plan- was on the gold but felt like I was going to pass out- not enough food for as much as I exercised, so they moved me to red the first week.
Pam
SW-169.5
CW-157
GW-135
Old 02-20-2002, 09:45 AM   #35  

My center told me that the quick frozen breast are too high in sodium and not to buy them. Only fresh chicken! It is expensive so I usually stock up when there is a sale and freeze them in singe servings. I think "I cant believe its not butter" spray is a free food. I seem to remember someone at my center mentioning that. I use a little of it on my steamed veggies.

I almost always go up a little during TOM. It is water weight and comes back off quickly!

I have only done that Take Off once and that was when i first started the program. It is that orange drink and diet you do when you first start. I think you can sub 2 oranges a day for the drink.

You can ask someone at your center if/when they will change your plan. It should be in your file. They decide what your weight goals are for each plan when you start. I guess they can make changes as appropriate though.

I can not wait to get rid of the red plan. I hate that morning protein!
Old 02-20-2002, 02:44 PM   #36  

Jibbelle:
It sounds like you are finally back on track congrats. I think I am doing O.K. also cheating just ruins everything. It seems like from different centers that they allow different things. I guess it is best to follow what we have been doing so far fom what we here at our own centers. Go purple! Are you having a nice time with your mother?
Pam I do the 2-day take=off when I see I am standing still or I hit a plateau or during the holidays when I ate extra. During the two days I have the take off juice 4 time a day two bars and six ounces of protein and two vegetables. no fat and no starches or fruit. It is a tough two days but when I do it I usually have a nice weight loss.
I weigh in tomarrow again, I have been sticking to the three times a week it keeps me honest with myself.
Diane
04/06/02 201
02/20/02 141.4
goal 135
Old 02-20-2002, 07:42 PM   #37  

hi everyone..just got back from weigh in. I lost a little bit since monday yay....was wondering if y'all buy the suppliments and which ones, or if you have opinions on them. Keep up the good work!!

ml

S: 191
C: 178.8
G: 150ish
Old 02-20-2002, 08:51 PM   #38  

I do not use any of their supplements. I do, however, take a womens one a day and a calcium tablet every day.

I was reading an article in one of my journals (I am a biochemist doing research on pharmaceuticals) and it said that St. Johns Wart decreases the efficacy of birth control pills. If you decide to take supplements from the center and you are on the pill....do NOT take the Tri-Max Plus. This is what they had me taking for 3 months before I ready this journal article. I no longer take any of their supplements.
Old 02-21-2002, 06:06 PM   #39  

Talking

Hi Everyone!

I weighed in today: a 1.2 pound loss! Yippee! I'm back up to averaging 2 pounds a week; right on target.

The only supplements I take are the Vita-max, the Calcium, and the EFA. I really don't eat enough fish, so I like to EFA to get my essential fatty acids. I could get the vitamin and calcium anywhere, but LAWL is convenient and I have a credit from referring some friends!

I am very suspicious of the Tri-Max; they emphasize the "all natural", but there's no regulation of herbal supplements. And the Fat Blocker (FB-500)? Uh-uh! I ain't takin' anything that causes "elimination of unused fat". Sounds too messy to me!

Have a great weekend!
Mary
Old 02-21-2002, 11:11 PM   #40  

Hi ALL:
Mary I am glad you are back on track.
I all so use the supplements just not the fb 500's they did not agree with me. I have done well with them so I just keep taking them. I don't take birth control so I do not worry about the tri-max.
ml even a little bit is good that is all I lose about now is just a little, all the little bits add up.
Have a good Friday
Diane
04/06/01 201
02/21/02 141.2
goal 135
I have five weeks left would like to finish in that time
Old 02-22-2002, 09:03 PM   #41  

I was glad to see that someone finally sued LA Weightloss for lying in their adds and not revealing all the costs of the plan until after the 3 day expiration of contract cancelation law(otherwise known as Jet Start or whatever they call it now). If anyone is interested go to

http://www.************.com/laweightloss2.html

Nothing against the sales people (sometimes called counselors) at LA Weightloss but way back when I was on the plan I found it curious that they don't show you the plan or the costs until after the 3 day time limit is up. Someone agreed I guess.

I'm still looking at 8 boxes of Lites...ya think they are still edible after 3 years????
Old 02-22-2002, 09:56 PM   #42  

Well, I can only speak for my center, but when I joined in November 2001, they explained all of the costs up front, and told me that the LA Lites were an additional, required expense. I did have to pry information about the program itself out of them, but they did tell me.

But perhaps they knew this settlement was in the works.

The bottom line is that any commercial weight loss system, whether it's LAWL, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, or whatever, is in it for the money. Why do you think Weight Watchers keeps changing up their program every few years?

This note is not meant to be a defense of LAWL, just a perspective. As with anything, buyers need beware, ask lots of questions, and leave if those questions aren't answered.

Cheers,
Mary
Old 02-23-2002, 02:56 AM   #43  

hello! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Mine got off to a great start...i weighed in today at 176!! I was so excited. And the counselors at my center are great. They are so supportive. I hope you are all doing well.

ML

s: 191
c: 176
g: 150
Old 02-23-2002, 10:33 AM   #44  

Congrats on the loss ML...you are doing great!!

Diane-
I am sure you can finish in 5 weeks if you set your mind to it. Calculate how many pounds you need to lose each week and focus on that! You can do it! When you do take off do you use the oranges or the drink?

I just went to weigh in and I was down 0.8 lbs. It is not much, but I will take it! Every little bit helps. I just have a 4.2 lbs to go to get to 50 lbs lost! I need to think of a special reward for when I get there! Maybe that will motivate me some more.

I have an exam on tuesday so I am spending all weekend studying. Anyone have any fun and exciting plans?
Old 02-23-2002, 10:44 AM   #45  

This recipe is out of the LA cookbook, but I do not know the exchanges. Does anyone have the book?

Apricot Custard

3 medium fresh apricots, chopped
1 egg, beaten
½ cup skim milk
1 packet sugar substitute
¼ teaspoon vanilla
Dash of ground nutmeg

Place chopped apricots into custard or soufflé dish. Place in a shallow baking pan.

In small mixing bowl, combine the egg, milk, sugar substitute and vanilla. Pour egg mixture over apricots. Sprinkle with nutmeg.

Place the baking pan with the cups on the oven rack. Pour boiling water into baking pan around custard cups to a depth of 1 inch.

Bake in a 325° oven for 30-35 minutes, or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Closed Thread