Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #121  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Should I bring some movies?
Old 01-25-2005, 01:07 PM   #122  

Height: 5'-2"

Yeah... do you have Futureworld and Westworld?
Old 01-25-2005, 02:30 PM   #123  
a brave new me...

Smile Plateau

Well, after twenty-four miserable days of a weight plateau (hovering between 169 and 170), I am so happy that I finally dropped to 168 today. This weekend I ate a little more than usual (birthday weekend), and then cut back down to 1300. That seemed to do the trick. Its so confusing knowing how much to eat. I have been working out SO hard that I was concerned about my body thinking it was starving, so I had upped my cals a couple hundred. Well since doing that I was stuck. Hopefully I will continue dropping now that I am back at 1300. I am bummed that I will probably not meet my January goal, unless I can lost four pounds this week which would be pretty significant at this stage of the game. But who knows??

How many cals are other people eating? What works the best? I am trying to up my protein intake to 100 grams a day, which is a challenge for me. I can't do the low-carb diet as it makes me crazy. Trying to eat more veggies, fruits, and whole grains and of course more water.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:32 PM   #124  
a brave new me...

Talking Wow!

Forgot to say that as of today I am officially down 30 pounds from my highest weight! Now that is definitely a milestone for me, and the most weight I have ever lost. Whoo hooo!!!

Old 01-25-2005, 02:38 PM   #125  

No- I think we loaned those to some friends.......

Congratulations on the 30lb loss Sojo!
Old 01-25-2005, 05:45 PM   #126  

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Congratulations on everyone's goals. I have one more pound to go to make my January Challenge. I have a tough weekend coming up (birthday weekend at my inlaw's). We're also celebrating Christmas since we couldn't get there during the holidays because of the weather. So I have to fight off birthday cake and holiday cookies and candys (my m-i-l said she froze them so we wouldn't miss out!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SRG Summer 04.JPG (40.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-25-2005, 06:12 PM   #127  

hey everyone

glad to here we are all still on track. At the end of the month we going to have to add all our totals (see how much we have lost as a group)

I have been doing ok. I am feeling the winter blahs, and haven't really left my house for almost 2 weeks(I do most of my work from home). We went out for the first time yesterday to the forks market. We walked around...it was very difficult making it past the fudge without going crazy. I did it (good thing its soooo expensive) I know i need to get out a lot more. We are going to the gym tonight. Yeah me! I really want to lose that last pound and meet my goal I really like the small steps thinking.

I haven't logged my food fo a couple days. I was working crazy long hours (19 straight away from home) and it totally threw me off. I did try to make good choices, but i know I could have done better. I am back to it today, which makes me very happy.

On the plus side when we were out I bought a new pair of jeans that are size 13....not 22...not 20 or 18....amazing a size 13. They actually look smaller. I never ever want to go back. Now if I could only get my breasts to shrink. Hmmmm

I know I can make my January goal! I can't wait to set a February one!

T
Old 01-25-2005, 08:25 PM   #128  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Sweetpea, is that you!?!? You are a BABE, girl!

Tljl, I'll trade my small breasts for your size 13 butt.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:45 AM   #129  

Default Good Morning...

Hi Girls,

My scales seems to be stuck these past few days. I have been exercising and staying on my diet and.... NUTHIN! I am determined not to get frustrated, so I am "tweaking" things and trying to get rid of that last pound by Friday. I have to go to my inlaws this weekend for several birthday celebrations and we haven't had Christmas with them yet....which means cakes and cookies and candy. I am packing my salad fixings and my gym gear, even though my mother in law will grump about it.

Here's a little thing to do whenever you are driving. Sit up straight in your car seat and imagine pulling in your belly button until it "touches" your spine. KEEP BREATHING NATURALLY, and hold that postion to the of 10. Then relax. Do it five times...then increase every few days. I put a sticky note on my steering wheel to remind me to do it. You can also do the KEGEL excercise while driving, too. I am really "into" anything that will improve my posture and strengthen my "inner core" as I am slouching alot as I am aging.

Ellis: Thanks...yep that's me this past summer. Took me awhile to figure out how to post a picture. And good idea about wearing your gym clothes to clean house in. I have to lay mine out and put them one IMMEDIATELY when I get out of bed, so I don't dally later making my way back to my room to get dressed. I have do my exercising FIRST THING in the morning, or I get busy and put it off...then feel quilty...then get depressed...and chuck the whole thing.

T: I hear ya about the winter "blahs". Sometimes, I feel like a bear in hibernation. It's a good time, though, to catch up on reading, or cleaning closets, or pampering yourself (BUT NOT WITH FOOD!). Because if you are like I am, when the weather breaks, there is so much more work to do. I'd like to know what your secret is to keeping your breasts "pumped" up...I know the first 5 pounds I lose it ALWAYS in that area. I am "blessed" with a pear shape (thanks mom!).

Sojo: Congrats for BUSTING through that plateau. Gives me hope as I am stuck on one right now. "keep going, keep going, keep going!" As for protein...I am always concerned that I am getting enough. I had a scare when I was on a very low calorie diet, first thing to go was meat. My hair started falling out and I realized that I wasn't really getting enough protein...so of all the nutritional requirements..I really watch my protein level. I try to get 100 grams in a day. To do so, without adding a lot more calories, I supplement my diet with Advant-Edge shakes. They are only 110 calories, but they give you 15 grams of protein. I don't know of many "snacks" or deserts, that are sweet like a milkshake, have only 110 calories, and give you more protein per serving than any other food.

Solarmama: Good news about your BP. And for getting back OP!!

Mauv: What dance class are you taking? That sound like fun! When I am in a "schleppy" mood, I pop in a dance CD and the beat makes me more energetic.

Den: How are you doing?? Please report!

Kitten: Great job! You're inspiring us all to make our challenges, too!

Karen: Welcome! Seems you are really on the ball! What exercise you are doing?
Old 01-26-2005, 12:33 PM   #130  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hey Mauv! I just now saw this thread. Are you going to do a February thread? I want to lose 20 pounds by my birthday in July. I'd like to lose 4 pounds a month. I'm just now getting started. Maybe by Feb. I can be full swing. Hope to see you all then. Later - Amy

P.S. Love your new avatars Mauv and Amyjo!
Old 01-26-2005, 01:17 PM   #131  

Hi shoequeen! Thanks for the compliment!

And yes there will be a February challenge starting on Monday, February 1st. I will post the new thread on Saturday or Sunday.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #132  

Hey ladies. Well, two days from my second weigh in, I hope I'm down some more and I hope I remember to go to the bathroom before the meeting this time. I play volleyball probably 2-3 times a week, and I'm trying to start Windsor Pilates (try being the key word there). Sounds like everyone's doing great on their goals. I admire those of you that are in the habit of working out. Used to be I could only eat welll, or exercise everyday. One or the other. I'm hoping to break that cycle and do both.
Has anyone ever heard of Punk Rock Aerobics? They don't have a video yet, but it sounds really cool. Now that's a class I could enjoy going to every week. The only problem is, they don't have it around here. My town's way to conservative, blech! Anybody have it where they live?
Old 01-27-2005, 09:57 AM   #133  

We used to have punk rock aerobics at a local bar on Sundays ...not sure if they still do it - sounded like it was fun from what I heard from a couple of friends.

Good luck with your weigh-in!
Old 01-27-2005, 12:23 PM   #134  

There is no way I am going to meet my January goal, but the good news is that after a month and a half long plateau I am down a pound, so I am pretty happy regardless and still on track generally speaking.

Wow, it looks like folks are going strong.

Punk rock aerobics sounds like a great idea.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:54 PM   #135  

Default I Made It To My Goal!!!

I MADE IT TO MY GOAL!!!

I am so happy! I can't remember the last time my scale had a number that low...... I am grinning from ear to ear.

I am going out today to reward myself. I have had my eye on a really nice sweater. I am going to WALK to the store later and get it.

This past month has really been a journey of self discovery. I don't deel out of control like I have in the past. I don't feel like i haven't been able to eat the foods I want or felt like I was hungry at any time. I feel like i have made some really comfortable lifestyle changes that are working.

I couldn't have done it with out all of you.
Thanks sooooooooo much!

T
Closed Thread