Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 01:10 PM   #16  
Gotta move my Thang!

Welcome, Tljl - of course you can join in!

Here's my update...

weight is down to 226 today, hurrah!

did WATP on Jan 1 & 2, and did it before supper last night as well, yipee!

I started the SBD phase 1 on 12/28/04 (the short story: very limited carbs, high protein & vegetables) and I'm feeling okay. The problem was because it was New Year's, I cheated at least once per day, and didn't see much weight loss. So, I've decided to consider 1/2/04 the real beginning date, and continue on out to 1/15/04, oy! But I'm happy that weight seems to be coming off, and I'm not desperately starving. I hope, I hope, I hope this is a plan I can live with - I have issues with percieved deprivation; whether I'm really depriving myself or not, if I THINK I am, I tend to binge. But since I haven't been really hungry, and I can pretty much snack all I want on veggies and hummus (Which is something I would snack on anyway) I don't know if that will come up. I decided before I ever started that I would cheat with a piece of my favorite chocolate (Maya Gold, mmmm *eyes roll up in head*) every night, and that has been really great, I recommend it.

Well, that's all I'm gonna say about that.
Ciao!
Solarmama
Old 01-04-2005, 01:15 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome tljl!

Well so far, so good today. I had an OP brekkie, an OP lunch and have had 3 of the 8 glasses of water I am supposed to be drinkin. I also went for a walk outside today at lunch time
Old 01-04-2005, 01:18 PM   #18  
Gotta move my Thang!

Sojourner, I think you're my hero! Rock on, Grrl!

Mauvais, how'd the shopping go? Didja cram your crisper full?

Liziness - what book did you get to help with your "cook once a month and freeze" plan? Sounds like something I could use.

Ciao again!
Solarmama
Old 01-04-2005, 01:31 PM   #19  

Thumbs up Me, too!

I'd like to take the January Challenge, too!
1. Stick with my fitness program EVERY day.
2. Meet my water goal EVERY day.
3. Meet my dietary goals EVERY day.
4. Say one nice thing to each of my family members EVERY day. (to control the diet grumpies).
5. Lose at least 15 pounds by the end of the month.
Sweetpea

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS![I]
Old 01-04-2005, 01:49 PM   #20  

Hi There...
My name is Krissy. I would like to join this challenge as well....better late than never, right?

Height 5'6"
Highest Weight: 194lbs
Start weight: 189lbs
Loss goal: 6lbs
Personal Challenge: I'm starting to count calories. I am also keeping a journal of what i eat everyday.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:40 PM   #21  

Welcome Sweetpea and Krissy!

I have been hungry all day today I have eaten completely op but I guess because of my snacking over the holidays my body is complaining about not getting it's usual feed on - well it will have to get used to it
Old 01-04-2005, 05:14 PM   #22  

Lightbulb Fellow January Challengers

Just thought I'd share an idea with all of you.

To help me get through the "tough moments", I purchased a little photo album (cheap!) that holds 40 4x6 pictures. In each page I put different things that remind me of my goals, such as:
-Quotation and Saying
-15 minutes quick jobs to do around the house (clean a drawer, wash a window, sweep down the steps)
-personal luxury ideas (paint toenail, take a bubble bath, moisturize my face)
-photos of me in my "thinner" days and of loved ones
-funny Cartoons
-Reasons for Healthy Living
-Rewards (pics of vacation destinations, titles of book to read, pics of clothing from catalogs)

You can be very creative. Whenever I feel "weak" or tempted, or am trying to talk myself out of exercising, I pick it up for inspiration. It helps me a LOT. Plus you can add to it or change pages as you go along
Sweetpea
Old 01-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #23  

So, I have a little plan to infuse more activity in each day. I work on the first floor of a three story building, so I do not have to use any stairs. However there are two stairwells in the building and one is right next to the rest rooms while the other is near my office. I am going to try to require myself to go up and down the stairs every time I walk to the restroom. So, three flights to get there and three flights to get back. We shall she how that goes.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #24  

hey

I love the idea about the picture book. I am very good at talking myself out of exercise and into eating things i shouldn't. It would be great to have something that could remind me of other things to do when I'm bored (other than eating) but those little things sound great.

I will put in my book

Paint toe nails
take a bath
facial
have sex (i forget about this option all the time )
read
go for walk
call a freind
call my mom
moisturize (very dry and cold here)

hhhmmmm can't think of anything else right now

i have also been doing the 'lets sneak in some exercise'. i am guiltily addicted to Dr. Phil so i thought if i watch some bad tv i should at least try do get a little exercise. So the rule is if i am watching it i have to keep moving. i am doing a walking in one spot thing and going up and down stairs on the commercials. LOL

stay strong ladies...WE WILL MEET OUR GOALS!!!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:01 PM   #25  

Hi ladies...

Thats a great idea sweatpea. I think i will do that picture album idea too. I was wondering if anyone knows how to track this thread, so i don't have to try to search for it everytime i log on...or am i doing something wrong??
Thanks
Old 01-04-2005, 07:08 PM   #26  

No you are not doing anything wrong

As the moderator I have the power to make this a sticky at the top of the page so I will do just that that way it will be near the top or among the first 5 threads all the time
Old 01-05-2005, 12:03 PM   #27  
Gotta move my Thang!

Hi there,

Quick check-in: 225.4 today! (I weigh every day and track my "true weight" with a palm program that calculates the 'weighted moving average.' Makes it fun to be losing, becuase you get to see every day how you're doing, but your 'true weight' lags behind your daily weights by about two pounds, usually.)

Sweatpea, what a neat idea for motivation! Sounds like many of the ladies like it, too.

I don't actually have TV service, but I like the idea of exercising while watching. Maybe my MST3K DVD's count as trashy enough that I should keep moving while watching... I'll try it.

Be well!
Solarmama
Old 01-05-2005, 01:34 PM   #28  

Great ....Thank you Mauvaisroux...now i can figure it out!!

Not much new today. I got this step counter, so i have been trying to walk more often to see if it is accurate. I took my dog for about a 45min walk, and it says i took 2933 steps/walked 0.973miles,and burned 121.4 Cals. So i have no idea if that is right or not. But i guess either way the walking is good.lol.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:42 PM   #29  

Good Afternoon everyone!

One of my goals is going to be posting everyday. I have got into the habit of not logging on and I find those are the days I don't do very well.

I too have got to start the daily journal again in order to keep me motivated. I really do want to accomplish this goal. I WILL accomplish this goal!

have a greay day!

Dale
Old 01-05-2005, 02:02 PM   #30  

Well I did manage to journal yesterday! and I have manage to stay OP today so far

My WW said she hated the trackers they give you and never ended up using them. Instead she uses pretty floral bound journals that people have given her as gifts and she says it seems to encourage her to track her points. I think I will do that too and I will go pick up a journal at lunch time - chapters has them on at 1/2 off right now so I should be able to find something.
Closed Thread