Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 10:03 AM   #61  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thanks Virginia! Maybe you need to rid the kitchen of the bear paws and cookies and anything else that leads to temptation. I find if it isn't in the house at all then I don't want it - if it is in the house I will eat it for sure.

I've had dill pickle chips and coffee for breakfast a few times so I don't buy the chips anymore
Old 01-11-2005, 11:03 AM   #62  

Chugging along fairly well. I am going to be weighing in at the end of the week adn see where I am then, but I have been OP consistently and have taken the stairs at every oppertunity. I only got slightly derailed at a family reunion last weekend, but managed to park myself near the carrots and celery as opposed to the brownies and cheesecake, so I am pretty much unscathed.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:07 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Down a pound and 1/2 this AM been good past two days, this weekend was horrid- rebound eating from being sick. I ate too much and real bad. Been OP for 2 days.
157.5 just 7.5 to go for January Challenge.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:23 AM   #64  
Gotta move my Thang!

Congrats MAuvais! Great job on last week's weigh-in! Woo Woo To You!

WantToLoss - I'm with Mauvais, if having that stuff in the house means you'll eat it without thinking, then definitely don't keep it around. You might also want to make something to eat for breakfast that IS on plan the night before - a lot of ladies on the South Beach thread talk about making steel cut oatmeal ahead and microwaving it. There are also some recipes on that thread for little "quiche cups" that have eggs and veggies in them and are tasty. I make these on Sunday night, freeze them, and then throw them in the micro each morning. Two cups is a serving, and it's a good way to get some veggies in first thing in the morning. Last suggestion: Before you eat or drink anything in the morning, Drink a big glass of water. Most folks are dehydrated after sleeping all night, and drinking water first thing in the morning is a quick fix for that. It will also fill up your belly so that even if you want to, you couldn't fit two bear claws and four cookies in there!

See Cat, Amyjo - Well done, being OP! Amyjo, glad to hear you're feeling better, and hooray, you're back on track! See Cat, keep up the great work!

For me, I was good this morning too - I have to go log my exercise on that thread. Having the DH hang around until I'm actually walking around has been helpful with my "not getting out of bed" issue, and I've been exercising to my WATP tapes yesterday and today. Woo Hoo!

Take care, all -
Solarmama
Old 01-11-2005, 02:04 PM   #65  
Wanttolossalot

Yes I am off tomorrow so I think I will go through the kitchen, cupboards and take everything unhealthy out and put it in a box for the kids to OD on. Need to start buying healthy things to snack on. As for water, I fill a two litre pop bottle with water every morning and make sure I have finished drinking it by the end of the day. I also drink coffee and juice during the day too, so I am getting plenty of fluids. Drinking much less coffee too, still some or would go crazy.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:24 PM   #66  

it's been tough but I have kept up my food loging over the past few days (it's given me something to think about) I have also been looking up some new recipes (this is really fun for me I love to cook, and love searching for recipes even more than cooking) I drank 2 thermoses of tea today as well The eating thing has been great.

What i really need to do is up my exercise of which I have done none. I know that it would really help me to my goal. IT IS JUST SO COLD OUT!! I really don't even want to leave my house. (it has been -25 to -45 celcius here for the past month) I need to go to the gym. I will go on Wednesday and if I don't you all need to give it to me...PLEASE. (now I have to go or I will feel stupid)

Heres thinner days
T
Old 01-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #67  

Thanks Solarmama!

Sounds like you are getting better with getting up in the morning

Wantolose- good plan! I also find it helps if have my own cupboard shelf to fill with OP snacks then I know I have an option if I feel like a snack. I also keep cut up vegetables and easy to snack on fruit like bananas and grapes or tangerines that I have already peeled and sectioned in a bowl in the fridge. That way when a snack attack hits I don't have to peel or cut anything which seems like to much work when I want something quick.

tljl- good for you on logging your food now get thee to the gym on Wednesday!
Old 01-12-2005, 02:18 AM   #68  
In search of my waist

Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing well

T--congrats on the food logs!!!! (I am SOOOO terrible at that!) Now, I can't wait to read here on Wed. that you went to the gym. I actually used to like exercising in the cold--less sweat, and everyone's all bundled up, so I didn't feel like I stood out enough to make me embarassed.

I just have to share with you guys: I've discovered my hidden crazy lady to help me not go through the fast food lanes--I ask myself out loud before I leave the house "am I hungry?" and then, if I am I have a snack or fix a quick one--b/c it's not any more time than going through the fast food drive through would be. . .and a lot better.

anyway, take care!
Old 01-12-2005, 08:05 AM   #69  
Wanttolossalot

Hey T! Hey T? Where are you? T where the heck are you? Oh yeah! It is Wednesday, so that must mean she is at the gym! You go girl!
Thanks to everyone for your kind words of encouragement and you all will be happy to know I am not gorging on cookies, I made myself two pieces of toast and put 1 tbsp of Cheez whiz on both pieces together. 1/2 a banana, and my morning coffee. Then I will fill my two litre bottle and drink it during the day.
Feels so good to be back, chatting with you gals and being accountable to myself again. Thanks!
Virginia
Old 01-12-2005, 09:53 AM   #70  

Good going virginia!

I was thinking this morning that I really need to increase my exercise since I can no longer walk to work. I have been going for a 30-40 minute walk at lunch time but it really isn't enough. I am trying to get up earlier in the morning to do my exercise tapes but it is so hard to get out of bed these days.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:13 PM   #71  

Hey everyone!

I went to the gym and did a yoga class for a whole hour! Yey! I'm feeling really good about that. Also my weekly weigh in and I am down another pound!

I have to say thank you again to all of you! Idon't know if I could have done it without you all. I am sooooo happy that I joined this group.

mauvaisroux - it's time to get your butt out of bed girl. You can do it. When your lying there not motivated to move (as I often do) think about your body and how good it will feel once you move it. Think about being able to run (I don't know if I have ever done that) Think about all the cool clothes you could wear. Think about things you have always wanted to do but weight has stopped you. GET OUT OF BED!

Paisley - way to bypass that fast food good for you. I used to crave it too, but once you make it for a month or so you'll never want again....also watch the movie SUPER SIZE ME that will turn you off forever

Wanttolossalot - keep up the good work, it takes a lot of mind power to get the crap out of your house.

solarmama - thanks for the south beach recipe tips I took a look and i am gonna make some. I love the prepare ahead stuff.

take care everyone
T
Old 01-13-2005, 07:35 AM   #72  
Wanttolossalot

Default Awesome Miss T!!!!!

You did in T! Thats awesome!
Good for you going to the gym, having a great workout and the "icing on the cake", if you will, losing a pound. Keep up the great work!
Virginia
Old 01-13-2005, 10:21 AM   #73  
Gotta move my Thang!

Woo woo, T! Way to go back to the gym! Don't it feel good?

WantToLose - I'm glad to hear you ditched those bear claws. How did it go? Were you hungry again real fast? You may want to try adding a little more protein to your toast and fruit - takes longer to digest, so you don't feel as hungry going forward.

Mauvais - maybe we should bump up the "tips for waking up" thread back to the top? There's a lot of great tips there... and it's helped me! I like the new Avatar, too - very swanky!

Paisley - Whoosh, you've been able to resist the fast food monster! That's a toughie for me, I occasionally splurge on breakfast at BK. Wish I didn't afterwards, but once enough time has elapsed, I forget and end up back in line somehow. Whoever mentioned it is right about "Supersize Me," and there's a book "Fast Food Nation" that will really change your thinking about fast food. I haven't been back since I finished the book, I just can't justify it to myself anymore.

Ciao all, have a good day!
Solarmama
Old 01-13-2005, 11:15 AM   #74  

Well, on the good news side I have been very well behaved. On the bad news side I am pretty much stalled out on the scale. Maybe my body is still recovering from those holiday splurges. We shall see. My real weigh in is tomorow, but some days I cannot resist stepping on the scale.

It seems like everyone is doing really well. Excellent.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:31 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

My whole household has the crud I had last week, DD has slept for 16 hours straight and DS is home for day 2 from school. I exercised Monday and Tuesday before work and have been OP for three days. Am drinking water and have only had 1 cup of coffee all week. Surely I will have some positive results by Monday.
Closed Thread