Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 07:00 PM   #16  

Height: 5'-2"

Lidian, may I ask what you paid for it? The ones I've seen are terribly expensive, and I'd really like to get one.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:38 PM   #17  

Ellis, it is an Oregon Scientific - Shoppers Drug Mart had them for $22 on sale (they sez) from $34, and I have seen them on line at Drugstore.com (must be this is the drugstore official model!). It seems to work fine, and it oval and yellow in a earth toned (beige/brick red/aqua) box. Very groovy!

I did 20,000 steps today (will probably do about 2 tomorrow!). Overenthusiastic for day one, as usual!

Lidian
Old 05-18-2003, 08:32 PM   #18  

OH MY GOSH!! Thank you, Lidian! I'm so excited! The ones I've seen are all about 80 bucks! I'm going to get over to Shoppers on Tuesday!
THANK YOU!!
Can't wait to count my steps.
Congrats on the 20 000. ouch!
Old 05-19-2003, 10:11 AM   #19  

Yay Ellis! You are going to love this pedometer - I feel like I have a new toy and it motivates me so much more than when I didn't have one (I had a cheapo one from Zeller's last year but it had irreplaceable batteries, made by Ballys Fitness - Oregon is MUCH MUCH better). I am feeling it this morning but will go out later. Can't do that with running - I always needed at least a day to lie around feeling grouchy. Let me know when you get one and how it goes!

I reckon Shoppers will have the batteries etc when needed though it says in the (very clear) instructions that the batteries should last for 1 year (I assume that if you use the radio it will be less than a year but I am not using it). I found it in with the health-related massager-type things...it was a bit hard to find as it had been at the end of an aisle and they moved it, but then it usually takes me a long time to find things there.

I read once that drugstores for women are like Canadian Tire for men, which certainly is true in this family. DH needs another garden implement/drill bit/chunk o' wood like I need more lip gloss or hair color (actually I do need the hair color) --

Lidian
Old 05-19-2003, 04:33 PM   #20  

It has a RADIO!? Goodness! How about a toenail clipper?
If I use it properly, a year should be good for me. I'd better damned well have lost this weight by next year... my life is passing me by...
DH says there's a Shoppers here that specializes in orthopedic and other speciality stuff, etc, so I should be able to get one there if not at one of the regular stores.
Hopefully I'll get one tomorrow, Lidian!

Oh, and I exercised today. Worked out at the Y with DH!

Then I ate a bag of Bridge Mix and a small bag of Doritos
Old 05-19-2003, 05:48 PM   #21  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Went for a 20 minute walk at lunch. Also with all of this talk about pedometers, I went and got one. I had wanted one for a while, just never got around to it. Got a cheap one from Target. We will see how it goes.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:15 PM   #22  

Oh for cryin' out loud! Okay, let's have a contest. (I think Lidian's already won... 20 000 steps... holy crow!)
Wait until I get mine...
Old 05-19-2003, 06:28 PM   #23  

I don't think I am going to be able to do anything LIKE 20,000 again! I think that is why the pedometers are near all the heating pads etc at our Shoppers cuz I am going to need one (as well as a biweekly massage/spa treatment, ha ha)...Unfortunately the pedometer's special points begin and end with the radio - wish it could answer the phone, take the girls to school, do the grocery shopping for me! Hey, maybe someday they'll invent one to go out and do the walk for me too! (Just kidding, of course...walking is good! I walked but less than yesterday, and now I am SITTING DOWN. Soon I will be lying down and no one here's gonna stop me...until a DD needs something that is).

Lidian
Old 05-20-2003, 10:28 AM   #24  

I got a pedometer!! It was the only one they had... 20 bucks. It's an Omron, but no radio. It's so tiny!!
I'm pretty excited. Just in the process of converting my weight in kilograms...

and the race is on...
Old 05-20-2003, 10:49 AM   #25  
Cute & Fluffy

I will let you girls know how I am doing, but I am not even remotely a competative person. Unless it is wrestling/tickling thing, then I need to win. (be the person tickling not being tickled)
Old 05-20-2003, 11:29 AM   #26  

Don't worry, Squeak... I was joking. I'm not competative either. But like you, I MUST win at the wrestling/tickling thing.
besides, I don't think we stand a chance of getting anywhere NEAR Lidian's 20 000 steps. snort
Old 05-20-2003, 11:32 AM   #27  

Oh, by the way... I just did a 45 minute walk. WITHOUT the pedometer... it was still in the bag.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:38 PM   #28  

Ellis, I'm so glad you got one! There is some good stuff about walking with a pedometer on Prevention.com by the way --

Squeak, I am not a competitive person either - the very thought makes me feel nervous (and so do a lot of other things but that is another story...) & oh good golly gosh - and I go to pieces when tickled!

Lidian
Old 05-20-2003, 12:59 PM   #29  
Cute & Fluffy

I am very ticklish, which is why that is the only thing I have to win at. But considering I out-weigth the person I tickle, it is easy to pin him down and win.

I get very nervous also, Lidian. It is good none of us are competative. It makes the whole pedomiter thing less intmidating also.

I know Ellis, no way am I getting around 20,000. I sit at a desk all day. But I am up to 3,000 from this morning. I was just curious how many steps I do take a day.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:14 PM   #30  

Thanks for your encouragement, Lidian!
I'm checking out the Prevention site right now.
I'm going to stick to my regular schedule today (no Y today) and see how pathetic my lifestyle is. And then improve on it.

Hey, good going, Squeak!!
Closed Thread