Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 10:40 AM   #31  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tim Curry? The guy with the LIPS? No but then I'm a small town girl too!
Old 12-16-2002, 11:53 AM   #32  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yay Ellis good going girl!

I did a lot of walking this weekend, danced my butt off at DH's Christmas party, and actually made it to my Belly dance class on Saturday morning despite being up to 3:30 am on Friday.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:54 PM   #33  

Height: 5'-2"

Thank you, girls. Congrats to you; too, Mauvais! I'm glad to hear you're still belly-dancing!

I went to the Y this morning DESPITE having a urinary tract infection. I just did a bike workout for 40 minutes. And went to the bathroom 3 times.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:43 PM   #34  

Good for you Ellis! I am so proud of you for going to the gym even with the UI!

My last dance class was on Saturday. We are off until January 4th but I am dtermined to pratice through the holidays so I don't forget the routines. We have had two lessons on dancing with canes and next season we start practicing to dance with lit candles we pratice dancing with plastic drinking cups balanced on our upward facing palms first until we get the hand of it!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 12-17-2002 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:36 PM   #35  

Oh... that is too cool for words!! Ruth and I want a demonstration when you've perfected all the moves. I'm serious!
Old 12-18-2002, 12:10 PM   #36  

Okay Ellis!

I have started cutting through the park on my way to work in the morning~this forces me to use the stairs to get up to the bridge to cross over so I am sneaking in a little extra exercise this way
Old 12-18-2002, 03:21 PM   #37  

Good girl, Mauvais!!

Went to the Y today. Had a fairly good workout.

There's something wrong with this site. Or something. There are threads that I haven't visited yet, but they show that I HAVE. And sometimes when I post, it indicates a new post. I think there's something wrong.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:23 PM   #38  
a brave new me...

Wink Hmmmm..

Ellis, perhaps your memory is starting to go...
Old 12-18-2002, 05:25 PM   #39  

Listen, hon... one more insult from you on my mental abilities...

Hey, Sojo... where've you been, sweetie? How are things going... still thinking of you... hugs...
xoxo
Old 12-18-2002, 05:30 PM   #40  
a brave new me...

Talking Heehee...

giggle snort guffaw... I just can't help but give you a little crap as you are so very good at dishing it out.

But seriously Ellis, you are the sharpest tack of this whole bunch my dear!

I'm starting to feel a little better these days. Can we all say "ANTIDEPRESSANTS"??
Old 12-18-2002, 05:57 PM   #41  

Oh, I'm so glad they're kicking in, Sojo. Phew! Talk about life support!
My friend Jim and I had a giggle one day... we were talking about how being thrown into a prisoner of war camp would have a devastating effect on us. Me with my anti-depressants, contact lenses, inhaler...
Jim with his support sock, glasses, water retention pills...
heh heh. We'd be a couple of raving, drooling lunatics.

I'm really bad at dishing it out? Oh, dear... I don't even notice. I think I just accidentally insulted Lidian. Oh, dear...

Father forgive me for I have sinned... inadvertently, to be sure...

That's very sweet of you to call me sharp. Because I'm not, and I have SUCH a complex about it.

You know, watching "White Christmas" last night made me want to learn to dance EXACTLY like Miss Scissor Legs! Think of the weight we'd lose! And our legs... we'd have GREAT legs!!
Old 12-18-2002, 08:07 PM   #42  
a brave new me...

Angry Ellis Ellis Ellis...

You must get a grip on reality with this insecurity about intelligence/education etc! You are always witty and quick to say the funniest things and know beatiful poetry that I've never heard of... you are probably BRILLIANT!! Everyone is smart in different ways... some have incredible language and communcation abilities, others are rational and mathmatical, others are good with their hands and bodies (athletics or art), some have amazing emotional intelligence, others are creative... the list goes on and on. But you KNOW this already and you're probably great at most them. And yes, I do think you are very sharp and always enjoy your contributions. Even though you do sometimes dish out a little crap... this board wouldn't be nearly as much fun without it! You just crack me up!
Old 12-18-2002, 08:16 PM   #43  

Ellis, what in the world are you talking about? You didn't insult me - of course not! How do you think you did that?

I am confused, but that is nothing new!

I am just happily sloping around the house enjoying wearing my rattiest old Adidas pants and fleece top, without any makeup and covered in cat hair! Total bliss

Lidian
Old 12-18-2002, 08:56 PM   #44  

Thank you, Sojo. You're just the sweetest thing. I'm all misty eyed, and now my nose is running. Honestly.

Lidian, I'm ALWAYS putting my foot in my mouth. I'm sure that everyone here has been on the receiving end of my sharp tongue at LEAST once! But I'm never serious... so if I ever DO offend you, feel free to come back at me.
I love all of you.

Giving apologies may become my forte.
Closed Thread