Height: 5'1"

July 10

Progress toward Fiscal Year Challenge goal -
Beginning Weight - 154
Today's Weight - 151
Today's Exercise - rest day
Today's Calories - 1439

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 07-11-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:54 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Prayers going up for Rosie. Hope she's OK.

Gayle, please hold off on the Aleve. There was a bulletin on the news yesterday, stating the the stroke dangers associated with Nsaids is worse than they previously thought, and they included Aleve in the bulletin. Like I said, anything can be said online and that info could be wrong. I think I am going to discuss this with a pharmacist before I take more. Since the pharmacists work primarily with the drugs, they sometimes know more detail about them than the doctors.

Your doctor may be relocating out of state and that's why she is referring her patients to another doctor. It seems unlikely that she would do that if she was continuing in another local practice. It is hard to change doctors after getting used to one.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #153  

Height: 5' 2"

Carol Sue, Our TV station just emphasized the warning from the national drug about NASIDs. I had taken it several times this week for the ache in different body parts, but refrained today.

Alieve would help if that bad, cracked tooth that ached last week starts bothering me again before I can get to the dentist. With nerve dead I'll need to get it removed then an implant. There goes more $$$ and that hurts more than the tooth, but danger of infection is far more serious.

More rain, every time we try to go out. Thank goodness DH and I were able to do all the errands yesterday without getting soaked.

Scale up still more, but the rice for supper didn't help. I prefer whole grain Basmati rice but the restaurant only had white Jasmine. With the rain stopping walking or gardening outside, I'm simply gaining and not moving. Need to get the gumption to do what I can instead of complaining.

Mary, are you OK?

Gayle, hope you have good day.

Lynn, glad you check in often.

Sandy
Old 07-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

July 11

Beginning Weight - 154
Today's Weight - 152
Today's Exercise -
30 - reclining elliptical - level 3
Today's Calories -

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 07-11-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:58 AM   #155  

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2garden View Post
Scale up still more, but the rice for supper didn't help. I prefer whole grain Basmati rice but the restaurant only had white Jasmine.
Hi Sandy,

Restaurant food - no matter what kind - ALWAYS makes me gain. I think they inject salt & sugar into everything they cook. I try to drink a lot of water on day after restaurant food.

Lynn
Old 07-11-2015, 12:56 PM   #156  

lynn I noticed my fingers were sticky when a bit spilled, bet you are right they had sugar AND lots more salt than I normally use. Certainly enjoyed the wonderful unusual flavor. More water sounds like good advise.

CAROL SUE ARE YOU OK? 3 Tornadoes in your state sound ominous.
Prayers for you and all who are in danger from floods, storms, drought, etc.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:36 AM   #157  

Sandy, yesterday we had an absolutely beautiful day. Sunny all day, not a bit of rain. We haven't had many days like that this summer. So no tornados in our part of the state, at least.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #158  

Carol Sue Glad you and your area is OK. Lucky to get sunshine. I've almost forgotten what a blue sky looks like.

3 Catholic Churches combined for a picnic today at our Church. We went and met some nice people from the other two places. A few people we already knew. Lots of story telling and plenty of food. Rain held off, 82 deg was high, we had canopy and enjoyed the day.

Lynn, some of those pounds came off now that I'm eating at home. However, today's picnic won't do me any favor.

Gayle, Mary, hope you are OK.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #159  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

I'm ok Sandy ~ just been busy that's all. Thank you for asking.

Got to visit our son on Friday. Always enjoy that.

Talked to Mom a little, a couple of days. I miss some days ~ with Maddie here and stuff going on here and the time difference between here and there, it doesn't always work out to catch up with her ~ and when I can call ~ lots of times she is napping so I don't get to talk to her. It seems like a lot of times when I call now, she says she is tired and sounds it. I think she roams around at night and then is sleepy in the daytime. The doctor for the patients at the nursing home is working at trying to adjust her meds ~ so maybe that is the cause. I got her today, and she sounded pretty good and cheerful and didn't mention feeling tired, but she didn't want to stay on the phone long. I'll take what I can get. I miss how it used to be.

Sandy ~ glad you enjoyed a nice day ~ gathering and picnic ~ sounds like fun.

Carol Sue ~ glad you had a beautiful sunny day on Saturday.

Lynn ~ how are you doing? Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Hi Mary ~ Hope you are having a nice weekend as well.

I still need to do some of the stretches from PT. I was bad ~ I only did a few of them yesterday. I can tell when I don't ~ I get to hurting more. The hurt is better when I do them as I am supposed to, so I'd better get on the ball.

Take care all

Last edited by glynne; 07-12-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:34 AM   #160  

July 13

Beginning Weight - 154
Today's Weight - 153
Today's Exercise -
Today's Calories -

Lynn
Old 07-13-2015, 08:36 AM   #161  

Hi Everyone,

I twisted my ankle on Saturday. Off exercise until tomorrow (at least). Ate out lunch & dinner on both Saturday & Sunday. Back up to 153. Hopefully, will get back on track today.

Lynn
Old 07-13-2015, 12:22 PM   #162  

Lynn OUCH! smart to give the ankle a rest. there is always opportunity to keep foot up and wave your arms around.

Gayle lucky you for time with your son. I miss working with our son because we would sometimes be only ones left at office and would relax and simply talk. The best part of working in a family business.

So pleased that DH and I were able to walk early this morning while it was still cool. I walked over a mile, the furthest I've been able to walk this year!!! AND I felt good when we finished.

After all those chocolate chip cookies at yesterdy's picnic, I better get going or what little progress I've made is down the tubes.

Good morning Carol Sue and Mary Hope all is ok with each of you.

Sandy
Old 07-13-2015, 10:25 PM   #163  

Height: 5'3"

Hi GGs, I am back from an 8 night trip to Alaska! It was a place we always said we would go "someday" and the air fare was so low we couldn't resist. We had a nice time. Alaska surprised me in some ways. First I didn't know there was a time difference, they are 1 hour behind us, second, I thought it would look like the NW I'm used too (very large evergreens), and it actually seemed more like Eastern WA and even the mid-west in many ways. The weather was great...the highs were in the high 60s to mid-70s...the 70s were only a couple days but there was little rain (just a quick shower a couple times) and the cooler days were a nice change from the hot weather we've had here. I loved that it was light almost 24 hrs. Not quite sure when it really got dark...maybe never completely...the last day we left our unit at 3:15 am and it was still not totally dark.

The last day and night before we left we were a bit anxious. Well, I was anyway..dh acted like he wasn't but I think he was and didn't want to talk about it. We stayed at Ft Richardson (Army base)...it is a joint base with Elmendorf AFB. Our building was the closest to the woods. The morning before we left, we noticed the garbage can that sat at the top of the stairs and right outside our building door had been tampered with. Then later when dh was getting something out of the car, some people warned him that a bear had been sighted and to "be careful." Since we were leaving so early in the morning, and we had about 6 steps and quite a walk down the yard (also wooded on one side), across a street to get to our car in the parking lot, we were somewhat concerned the bear could be out for dinner again! I researched on what to do if you see a bear or are attacked. Dh said he already knew it all...I thought I did to but considered a refresher course might be a good thing. He was willing to take my big suitcase out the evening before so we wouldn't be burdened with so much luggage at least. We aren't very fast going down the stairs with the two big suitcases and my tote (carryon) and purse. We aren't fast anyway. I didn't get any sleep, partly because I'd taken a long nap earlier and partly because I was thinking of a plan and what weapons I could use if needed. LOL Of course I prayed too and I surprisingly whimp that I am, didn't feel really scared...but just a bit anxious. Ended up with no weapons other than my soft tote. I asked dh if he could lift the big suitcase over his head if needed to look "big" or even throw it..and he said NO. The next morning, we couldn't see any bear outside the door at the garbage can, so we walked out, keeping alert, I reminded dh to open the doors (by remote) early so we could just jump in but of course he still had to put the other suitcase in the trunk. I planned to also remind him to remotely turn on the horn if necessary but it didn't come to that. For all our preparation...we saw NO bear, LOL...we were glad of course, but in a way it was also anticlimactic... Well that's my silly bear story from Alaska....it's ok to laugh at me...

We visited friends there one day and they took us to a glacier. We carefully walked a ways on it. I really enjoyed that. Dh went on a charter fishing boat but was disappointed because he thought he'd be fishing off the boat, instead they dropped him to fish off the river bank just like at home. No one caught anything. He did enjoy being out there though. I'm glad I didn't go. I had a fine time in the unit eating things I shouldn't and watching TV. Watching Zoo probably didn't help with the bear thing.

We took a trolley tour around Anchorage, saw the few buildings left standing after the 1964 earthquake and more. Had lunch in town I think I went into one shop before dh got too tired. His back and back of thighs get to hurting quickly when standing or walking...that was another bad part of the fishing, he had to stand most of the time. Here at home, takes a chair and can sit when he needs or wants to. We took one day off to rest, we have learned travel is easier if you do that. Then we had another downtown day when I did more shopping (browsing mostly).

Our last touring day we drove out of town to the Wildlife Conservatory. It is not large but we enjoyed seeing the animals. After the Conservatory we decided to just drive on to visit Rosey. For those who don't know her, she used to post here. She lives way out of town in a log cabin and sees wildlife incl bear frequently so I know SHE will laugh at my bear story if she reads this! She was in the hospital so couldn't meet us part way as we'd hoped. She recognized me as soon as I walked in her room. She is just as I felt through her post...very nice and easy to talk with. Her dh was there too and Joe enjoyed chatting with him too. We were both glad we drove it even though it was a long trip for only a 45 min visit. As dh said the scenic views a long the way were just part of out trip.

I bought a blue jacket at the conservatory I really like so that was my souvenir. plus I got a moose Christmas ornament. Dh didn't want any souvenirs. but did get a few personal items he wanted from the BX. He loves to shop on base. They had some nice souvenirs there and I actually bought most of the gifts for gc there. In town we got smoked salmon our kids. Saturday, our last day was a day of rest and a little BX shopping plus dinner out. Most dinners we ate in the military dining hall. Meals were ok and cheap. Dh had breakfast there most days too. Lunch we usually had out. So that was our trip and a check off our bucket lists, although dh wants to go back. I would too but not sure we'll have the time...too many other places we've never been.

I've been very tired and achy since I got home. I took Benedryl and slept really good last night though. I was so tired...with no sleep the night before and only a few min on the plane, I needed sleep badly.

I'll be back tomorrow to do personals. Too much to catch up on right now.

Last edited by maryea; 07-13-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:49 AM   #164  

It sounds like you had a very nice trip, Mary. I'm glad you got to see Rosey and I hope she's feeling better. I always thought that bears wouldn't attack unless you cornered them or they thought you had food, but I wouldn't want to run into one to find out!! LOL

Since Alaska has mostly all daylight in the summer do they have mostly all dark in the winter months? That would really seem strange.

Good to have you back, we missed you!
Old 07-14-2015, 11:55 AM   #165  

Height: 5'3"

I forgot to mention that we saw a moose and her calf (not a baby but young) on our way to the glacier! Loved that! Yes, bears do not usually attack unless they are protecting their cubs or food source or are surprised or they are very hungry from what I've read. In our case, if it happened, it would probably be the food source as we had to pass that on our way out the door and could have been perceived as a threat. Or if we had suddenly surprised one. We purposely kept up a conversation all the way to make sure if any were around they were alerted to our presence. From what we saw and heard up there, people who are in areas frequented by bear, carry a gun. Like when dh went on the fishing trip, the boatmen had guns.

Yes it was light it seemed like all night...I assume it got dark at some point but as I say even at 3:15 am it wasn't completely dark. If there had been no building or street lights it would have seemed almost dark probably though. And during the winter, I'm told the lightest it gets during the day is like dusk.

I'm up earlier and feeling stronger today, so hope to get a lot done today. Yesterday I got some groceries and also stayed up late and "paid off" the trip in my budget and on the credit card websites, but today I need to do laundry and clean house. Our son is good at keeping the house maintained at least which helps a lot. He also smoked a whole chicken and some other chicken parts I needed to cook, so we have that to eat today. He also brought home a pizza so I didn't cook last night.

Still no time for personals...just saw your post, Carol Sue and decided to respond while waiting til I can eat breakfast (have to wait at least 30 min after my early am med). Will try to get back later or tomorrow.
Closed Thread