Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm donna and I am 54. I have 11 kids from ages 34 - 13 so I am still in the mom stage. I've been part of the 100 club for a while now. I have about 50 more pounds to lose and I eat a low carb/ gluten free diet.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Default Hubby's wt loss and our menu

Morning Girls: Well DH weighed himself yesterday and of course he is down 4.3 pounds, 0.6% fat, and upped his hydration level by .5% after 5 days. I'm very proud of him although I caught him sneaking a handful of almonds (his fave snack) last night. Still, he is doing very well on his first & hopefully last wt loss journey. Our only problem is that he has NO imagination for breakfast and can only think of big bowlfuls of cereal - which got him in the trouble in the first place. Today he had a piece of 12 grain toast with almond butter on it and a cup of greek yogurt with a few berries plus his usual 2 cups of coffee with 2% milk & stevia.

He seems to have trouble with the idea that you can still have a relatively large volume of food as long as it's the right kind. He thinks that he has to reduce the volume to lose the weight. So hard to convince him that sometimes I get cranky.
Anyhow, here's yesterday's menu (shown as single serving)

BF: 2 C coffee (his single/single, mine black) 3 egg omelette with 1/2 c celery/onion/peppers topped with Cholula hot sauce. He had a piece 12 grain toast too.

Lunch: 2 Schneider's Cheddar Smokies for him (they aren't gluten free so I had 3 small sausage patties) in a homemade spaghetti sauce of 1 1/4 c brocc, peppers, tomato sauce, and onion on top of 1/2 pack of Shirataki noodles. Also had 3/4 c of shredded cabbage coleslaw with vinaigrette (homemade w EVOO and rice vinegar)

Dinner: 6 oz basa filet topped with Cajun spices from Epicure & baked in oven, 1/2 a yellow pepper and 1/2 a red pepper stuffed with 1 c of cauliflower and onions prepared with curry powder & a bit of butter for flavour (baked beside the fish.) Small banana for dessert.

Snack: Handful of raw almonds (for him) and Sleepytime tea just before bed while we watched a movie.

As noted before we are cutting down the starchy and sweet carbs to help reset his pancreas and reduce insulin resistance in the cells.

Hope your day goes well, all.
We are off for a week on a trip to the Kootenays for a family wedding... we'll see what the scale looks like when we get back, but we're gonna try to stick to plan as much as possible. Wish us luck and strength lol
Liana
Old 02-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #93  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

Made my weekly egg casserole and had a slice for b'fast... yummy! And I made a batch of Valentine's cupcakes (put the marble behind the filled paper, to make it heart shaped) and will drizzle them with chocolate icing. Since I don't use oil and just had two eggs left, instead of three (sigh), the consistency is heavier and the calories are much less. The taste is not affected. I even put a couple of drops of red food coloring in the batter, so they're quite a lovely pink!

Laundry and other domestic duties are on the agenda.

CK and I are still reporting our weight daily to each other, and we're both doing pretty well. I'm down 8# since the first of the year. And! I heard a news report last night that TWO consecutive days instead of one day free each week works better. Well, that's just music to my ears! I'll try it and see.... LOL

Nothing to report. Not warm, but not cold here... much better on the hip!

OtherDonna - wowsers!!! Are those kids all yours or are you a blended family! I am filled with admiration and awe! (BTW, I'm Donna, too....)

KarenFL - soon... soon... soon!!

Rosey - yes! pictures of your craft room, PLEASE....

Hope you're all doing well. Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 02-10-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #94  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

I have come back. I have been away for so long. I need just a little nod of aknowlegdment in my direction. Being over weight had left me paranoid. I feel too fat for real friends. Please just greet me a bit.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome Lucinda----We have all felt the way that you are feeling... Just come in here and grab a cup of coffee and sit down with us. You are welcome to talk about anything and I'm sure someone will have answers to anything that you want. Don't be shy and don't feel bad!!

Welcome to everyone new.... Been hectic around here and I don't have a lot of time right now to post. But wanted to say hello

Thanks Donna, I'm happy with the weight loss, even though I put weight on after the past week but will work at getting it off this week. This journey sure has lots of ups and downs but that is just how life it too.

Everyone have a good day and I'll try to get back later
Old 02-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #96  

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Donna and Lucinda! I remember you Lucinda and so glad you have come back to us! Donna I seem to remember your name, have you been to this forum before? Anyway glad to have you! It's amazing really that you even have time for us with all those kids! Even grown children seemed to involve us in their lives often...I have four grown children (ages 48 (49 next mo) to 36. and 10 grandchildren (ages 24 to 1 1/2), plus another one we have claimed as our grandchild (age 9) even though she has one set of grandparents already. Her biological father is not in her life so we have become her second set of grandparents.

We still have lots of snow but the temp is beginning to rise so I think it will be melting soon. We are thinking about trying to get to the grocery store this afternoon. I think the main roads will probably be fine.

I ate too much yesterday so no stats ...I am reprimanding myself enough and have decided no more popcorn and frappa only once a day. I can get too carried away with these things. At least I got in 34 gms of fiber and my cals were only 1704. While this is too high to lose, at least it wasn't a real binge.
If I miss popcorn too much, I may try the no-butter or at least light kind but I really don't care for them.

Jess - Hope the two free days work for you. Unfortunately having even one free day does too much damage to me as I tend to binge eat. With my diabetes esp that is suicide. Sundays have always been my "free" day but I am realizing now I can't even do that. You are probably more disciplined than I since you can make cookies...having cookies around will do me in.

Cana - Your dh is doing very well! He is lucky to have you guiding him and preparing healthy meals. I am inspired by your posts about him. I am now keeping a list of healthy "power" foods on my fridge and trying too plan my meals around it. Then I allow myself a few other things here and there but in limits. Am hoping it will help me. Even though I overate yesterday it was nothing like I often do on Sundays. And I too am learning I can eat much more if it is all healthy foods. Preparing meals is so important too...some days we just snack ...esp on Sundays and that's become a problem for me. I too drink the sleepy time tea most nights and it does help.

ETA: I made a mistake on the age of my oldest gc.

Last edited by maryea; 02-10-2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: error corrected
Old 02-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #97  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Mary - my discipline is in giving away the stuff I bake! As soon as they were cooled, those cupcakes were on the way to the neighbors, some frozen, and some packaged up to take to work. There are TWO left for me! Insofar as the free days, since they aren't a guilty pleasure, I don't overdo. It's only when I fall off the wagon and then think "to h**l with it, since I've already blown it...", do I binge and eat every junky thing I can find! Knock on Wood, so far, so good!

Last edited by jess1; 02-10-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #98  
kosherveganchick

Is this thread the proper place to list what we ate, how we fared with our weight and just generally how we are doing?
I have beed drinking my spirutein with one cup of almond milk, a scoop of instant coffee and a sweet and low for breakfast.
For lunch I had 1/2 alvocado, a half cup of pinto beans roasted with a small beet thrown over a large mushroom, tomato green salad. It is a big dense salad probably nearing 380 calories. For dinner I have another spirutein shake and then an apple or an orange for snack. I am attempting to jump start my wieght loss, oh and I did 30 minutes on the spin bike.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:04 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsakids View Post
I'm donna and I am 54. I have 11 kids from ages 34 - 13 so I am still in the mom stage. I eat a low carb/ gluten free diet.
Donna, WOW... nothing else I can say. We are also on low carb & I am also gluten free but with just the two of us - waaaay easier to cook for, I'm sure.

Hi Lucinda, glad you are back at 'er!

Busy packing for the trip, my computer breaktime while hubby hits the shower. Just have to pack the food and bathroom stuff (toothbrushes, etc) tomorrow & we are done. I am back in a formal dress I haven't worn in almost 5 years - here's the picture of hubby & I then, and I hope to have more this weekend from the wedding.
Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24 Randy & Liana.jpg (27.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 02-11-2014, 07:14 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 174/147/139

Height: 5'2"

Good morning kids....I think I finally broke through the plateau I've been on for over a year. Started my own version of low carb about 2 weeks ago, and lost 2 pounds. That's an accomplishment for me because I lose very slowly. I got most of the weight off with WW but then there was a long stall.

Welcome lotsakids (Other Donna). I can't imagine having 11 children, and still having time for myself. You are truly an inspiration. I have 2 children, and 4 grandkids. Now at my age I wish I had had more. Bless you and your wonderful family....that's what it's all about.

Liana, I can relate when it comes to keeping DH to stick to a diet. Mine needs to lose but insists on having his sweets. He will have a salad for lunch, and then snickers or a jelly doughtnut. He thinks having the salad will do the job. I won't give up trying to get him off the sweets.

Welcome Lucinda, and good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle. Kudos to you for doing the spin bike.

Maryea and jess1 (DonnaToo), I try to keep Sunday for my free day but not a pigout day...which is very easy to do.

canadjineh
, you are gorgeous, and so sexy looking in your black dress. You will definitely turn heads at the wedding....have fun.

I think I might be about the only one who comes here in the early morning. I'm usually up and out of bed between 4 and 5 am. I get to bed between 8 and 9pm, so about 6 hours is enough for me.

Hope I didn't miss anyone but if I did, I would like to wish you all a happy and blessed Tuesday.

I can't seem to get my ticker to read 147 instead of 150 since I lost. I would appreciate any help on changing the figures...TIA

Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #101  
kosherveganchick

Good morning Gia rose, I am up too. Canadijeneh, that dress is gorgeous with you in it. Rock that party! I may not get positive results from the scale yet, but since taking off the first ten pounds my head doesn't pound while going upstairs and my ankles are not killing me at the end of the day.
I think staying away from booze is the mantra for me . When I drink even a little I supplement the drink with an over aboundance of "healthy" snacks. Ha! Whole wheat crackers with Hummos has as many calories as Oreos! So none of that for me for now.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Good morning chicks!!! Raining and cold. They weather men are saying freezing rain for us this afternoon. Round 4. I'm sick of winter. Maybe that's why I'm in a rut with my diet. I do well and then I do horrible. As the scale slowly creeps up I struggle more. I have lost my will power. I'm still trying some of the time so I haven't lost it entirely. It's mainly camping that I lose it. 2 more weekends left.

Lucinda~ welcome back!! You can talk about anything you need on this site. These ladies are awesome and very helpful.

Gia~ welcome! Im up at 5 am every morning but don't usually get on that early.

Liana~ you look awesome in that pic. Have fun at the wedding. Congrats on getting in the formal after 5 years.

Donna I make dessert every weekend at the camp. Sometimes it's brought and left at neighbors camp. I usually do ok t
With that. The bad thing is when the supper is at my camp and desserts stay. Saturday night the supper was at my camp. I made 2 apple pies. The Friday night I had made cinnamon crumb cake and they brought leftovers to my camp. Then another couple showed up with king cake. So I had 4 desserts at my camp. Enough to kill me. Sunday they came and ate again for lunch and I sent most of it away. There is 1 price of pie still on my counter about to kill me. Hopefully dh eats it tonight or I'm throwing it.

Mary~ did you get to see your dr yet about the itching. How is the new shampoo working? Yes Mary I do have a daycare. For 21 years now. I'm 52 but starting to feel aches and pains.

Karen31~hi. Sometimes busy is good. It helps with my eating. How is Tim doing?

Lynn how are you doing? Made any decisions yet on if you move to fl or not.

Rosey~ love the lady cave thought. I'm sure the family were very appreciative for your donation. Yes rosy I do have a daycare in my home. I've done this for 21 years and counting.

Karen fl. May need to hear you to yell at me.

Lotakids~ welcome. How many of your kids are still at home? What an awesome job you are doing with your weight loss.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 02-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

WELCOME to all our new Golden Girls.

Off to FL today. Hoping plane will avoid the storm over GA.

Have a great couple of weeks. Will post if I can get access to my DD's internet with my new tablet.

Lynn
Old 02-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Lynn have a safe trip.
Hugs cajun
Old 02-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #105  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG’s,

Listening to that Beatles special I recorded the other night as I work on this. I love the music ~ brings back so many good memories.

Lynn ~ have a safe trip ~ enjoy the visit with your daughter. Enjoy the snowless warmth while you’re there.

Cajun ~ you can do it ~ even if you don’t do the right things all the time, all is not lost ~ every time you do the right thing is one less time you did the wrong thing.

Lucinda ~ welcome back. Way to go getting in some time on the spin bike. You can post anything here ~ what you eat ~ and other stuff ~ doesn’t necessarily have to be diet related.

Gia ~ glad you broke through your plateau. Onward!

Liana ~ looking good. Your husband is lucky to have you help him with better eating.

Mary ~ how is your poor itching head? Hope your neck pain is better. I didn’t ever have much luck keeping a diary either ~ lack of discipline. But this perpetual calendar thing with just having to write one line ~ so far I am keeping up with it ok.

K31 ~ any news yet about Tim?

Jess/Donna ~ glad the acupuncture is helping you. Did the recipients enjoy your Valentine cupcakes. From your description ~ they sound yummy and pretty.

Donna/Lotsa ~ Are all those kids still at home with you? I too, started out on 3FC in the 100# club, but I reached an age where I felt like I fit in better here. The ladies were wonderfully welcoming to me.

Rosey ~ hope you are feeling ok and that that virus didn’t catch up with you and get you down. Looking forward to seeing pics of your lady cave/craft room.

K3 ~ thank you for posting those historic pics. Fun to see. Not too much longer now until “the big day”. So glad relief from pain is right around the corner for you.

Robin ~ that night you slept so long ~ you must have needed the rest ~ glad you were able to.

Gramie ~ have you gotten to enjoy some more snuggling with that new grandbaby?

Bobbi ~ how are you? How is the home made puppy treat project coming along?

Waiting for my son to come over. Going with him to look around at apartments. He is having to move and needs to find another place. I enjoy getting to spend the day with him and get to visit and of course get a couple hugs too.

Hope you all are having a good day.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 02-11-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Closed Thread