Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #31  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Sorry, no time to chat. K3...funny you should mention my dwarf lemon tree. Last summer some critter ate my only lemon off the tree. It hasn't blossomed at all until about a week ago. The buds started forming all over the tree and we're in business again. This time it's in the S.W. corner of the family room. I'm thinking it's not getting enough sun but I can't move it anywhere else. See photos below, yes I had to throw in one of my dogs too. We have a vaporizor running because the house is so dry, maybe it'll help the plants.

Quote:
Bobbi....You have taken to moving to town with a new lease of energy. Is the Myer's lemon alive?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1853.jpg (26.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1857.jpg (43.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1854.jpg (34.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1856.jpg (37.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1851.jpg (29.2 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-03-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #32  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Goldens!

Bobbi - I LOVE the picture of Charlie and What's-His-Name! They seem to be buddies!! Glad your lemon tree didn't abandon you!

KarenFl - I hope you like the Molly Murphy books; you will LOVE the Irish Doctor books!! And what do you think of the latest sagas on DA? Oh, my.... it's gonna get, um, like, interesting!!

We won't even discuss the wasted time and billions of dollars spent on yesterday's totally embarrassing Public Performance Anxiety! They've done the same before, and they'll probably do the same again!

Meandered around the grocery store for a few items, and I can still walk! I'm in VERY little pain, and I'm convinced acupuncture is the best thing I've done for myself lately! Yay for the Punctured Princess!

Obviously, nothing to report. Gorgeous here today, and I'm enjoying the sunshine and cool. The snow is melting... just pretty!

Everyone, have a fine day! Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 02-03-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:03 PM   #33  

Height: 5'3"

Hello GGs! I woke up early today (for me 7:30) and we went to the gym. I had a good workout and got it all in for a change. We stopped to do a little shopping on the way home and to get withdraw some spending money from the CU. It was snowing while we were at the gym but by the time we came out it was just dripping. It felt really cold but the sun came out by the time we were heading home from our shopping.

We had a fun day yesterday at the Super Bowl party at our dds. It was all family, lots of laughs, whooping it up of course since our team won, and lots of food. I ate a lot of veggies hoping to fill up mostly on them plus to get fiber. Thankfully my dd serves mostly healthy food. I still got too many calories or salt maybe because my weight was up a tiny bit more this morning but my bs has actually been pretty good. So far I'm OP today. I didn't track yesterday but the day before I did well.

Bobbi you'll be glad to hear that I got 29 g of fiber the day before yesterday! My goal is at least 30 so I'm almost there.

Deelee - Sounds like you are doing well...I'd think if you continue you'll start losing soon. Eat as many veggies as you can, get sufficient lean protein and move as much as you can.

Lynn - You maybe be right about those "cookies" as you describe them (ugh!) but I'd never eat something that doesn't taste good either. Too spoiled for that...guess that's part of my problem but I try to only eat food that tastes good to me. Life is too short not to enjoy my food. I keep out of the house those things that are just way too addictive, but I still have trouble limiting my evening snack to just one. I'm like Karen31, I'm going to enjoy life. If weightloss happens great but there is only so much deprivation I'm willing to go through to get it I guess.

Karen3 - Won't be long now. I take it by the yellow pads you mean your're a list maker? I am too only my lists are on my phone. Did I tell you I got my taxes done? Only owed $132 so it was a good year for us! Quite a change from the $11000 we had to pay last year!

Take care you all, I have to start my laundry. Going to the gym and then doing a little shopping etc, sure gets me off to a late start on everything else. Of course I could get up earlier...nah...not me.

Last edited by maryea; 02-03-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #34  

Height: 5'3"

Wanting to tell you guys about something that is really bothering me right now, in case you have any ideas. For the past few years, I have frequently felt a feeling on my scalp like someone is pulling my hair. My scalp was also very itchy. This was when my hair was short. I thought my scalp was probably dry started washing my hair only every 2 or 3 days and using some oil on it. Didn't help in fact, now it seems to make it worse.

Over a year or more ago, I tried growing out my hair. As it grew longer my head itched even more, and esp my ear lobes itched, burned, tingled and also around my forehead. A couple times I even had dh check me for lice, but nothing. I got my hair cut short again and my ears were fine again although my head would still itch a lot and the feeling of my hair being pulled still happened now and then. A hairdresser said sometimes it is the gray hair...because it is more coarse (and mine was) it can cause itching. It was like I was allergic to my own hair. About this time I began to notice that my hair was getting very thin on one side (in top front)

About six months ago, I started growing out my hair again, this time having it cut around my ears in the beginning and that seemed to stall the ear inflammation but now the sides are growing out and my ears are red. itchy, burning and tingling like crazy once again, it's worse than ever... and my scalp is not only itchy, but tingly and burning too. Even my face kinda feels itchy and tingly at times mostly around my jaw line/chin. Also my hair is now obviously falling out all the time ...I'm constantly finding it all over my clothes and every time I run my hands through my hair, my hand comes out with several strands. My hair even feels lighter and more fragile. I can tell my part has widened and at the end of the part (top of head where it itches) there is at least a dime size bald spot. At first it was only me that could see it, but now my dh has started noticing it too.

Yesterday this was all driving me crazy and I felt I had to do something. I put some cream for itchiness on my ears and it seemed to help and for my scalp I took some benedryl. I got so much relief for several hours ! So I'm thinking that it really is an allergic reaction or at least inflammation that the antihistamine takes care of.

On the other hand, I read online that there is a type of hair loss that is accompanied by these symptoms...itchiness, burning, tingling scalp. Didn't say anything about ears or face. It said it is usually presented in African women but guess that doesn't necessarily mean pasty white women like me can't get it too.

What do you thinK? Ever heard of anything like this? I can't decide whether to get a hair cut or to go to a doctor first. May end up doing both but which first Last week I used a few product (had a sample) of Garnier's Fall Fight Shampoo and conditioner and it helped to calm my scalp temporarily and I ordered some more.

Last edited by maryea; 02-03-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....down to 13 days. Next step is pre op labs etc on Thurs. The darn Osprey is back on her nest over the parking lot at bridge. So you can't park within 50-60 ft of her. Legally you can but OMG what she will dump on your car....bbbblllllaaaaaah! So I had to walk a couple of blocks in and out. After Sat's walking am hoping it won't kick in again tonight.

Bobbi.....She's beautiful. Bet she smells better than orange blossoms. Well I think so....Just put a lamp table near her. I forced (accidently) one to bloom with a lamp at 40wtts.

Donna....DA was so good. I laughed at the reaction when the jazz singer walked in. Is younger daughter preggie? And "lives for indignation!"

Rosie...I have done the same thing and it takes 2 days for my internal clock to catch up.

Lynn...what happened to True Detectives last night. I couldn't find it?

Mary....So sorry about your itchy head. I can't imagine why. My hair thinning is due to cardio meds. I turned gray at 19 and never itched. Are you allergic to creams/shampoos???? My kids were/are both allergic to Johnson and Johnson baby oil......that perfume smell..so guess who's husband worked for JJ for 20 yrs.

Cajun...Glad you feel better. Be careful and don't over do anything.

I am upset....kind mad....feeling put upon...yesterday DH told me friends are coming on 2/15 for the day to see me before surgery. WHAT! I have zillion things to do that weekend. From washing bedding, packing, cooking for DH.....When she had surgery we sent flowers.....even think the cleaner may come then (she had been scheduled for Mon).....seems like my life is being controlled by others...grrrr....then DH goes for his Rxs and our pc tells him that bilateral isn't good. First of all, that's my personal business and second why didn't he tell me Thurs while I was sitting in his waiting room. Bobbi....I am thinking potty mouth but am being good. You can unplug your ears.

We had a glorious warm day. On the way home run thru smoke from a control burn and then into pea soup sea fog. What are you all sending South? Think how quiet this site will be the 3 weeks I'm gone......no weird old lady!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #36  
Jacksonville, FL

Mary is would go to a dermatologist..my hair is thinning from thyroid disease and I have itchy scalp but not as bad as you described...I have a derm app this Friday about a growth and I plan on asking her about hair loss. I have tried many different shampoos....good luck
Old 02-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #37  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

KarenFL - you're starting to feel overwhelmed, and you need to put the kabosh on all this nonsense going on around you! Company two days before surgery??????? Not hardly!! Should I call George??????????

I paused the DVR to read the letter to the younger daughter (what IS her name? Ethel, Edith? something memorable)... anyway, "your symptoms are consistent with the first trimester of pregnancy..." I was delighted with "lives for indignation", too... love that Maggie Smith! Did you catch the part where she said she never felt the emotion of regret, because she'd never FELT regret? I guffawed with gentility, since it was DA!

Mary - interesting symptoms! I agree with whomever suggested a visit to a dermatologist... or an allergist! That's definitely weird and strange.

Later, lovelies!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #38  

Hi everyone. another strange got away from me day had along phone visit with my oldest dd who is recovering from the same surg that her dad had,she trying things to soon and wonders why she has a headache. im worried about her as she was just diagnosed as diabetic,just had surg and her bp is too high.shes smart tho and will figure it all out im just feeling bad for her as she feels like poo and im not there to baby her. Maryea I too have avery itchy head,ive tried lots of things and some work and some don't. when I didn't have to take diabetic meds it almost went away. I do know that I cant use creamrinse as it makes it worse.some of the over the counter things that worked for me where Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo and Neutogena T-Gel dandruff treatment(its a clear liquid spray)the other kitchen remedy that I have tried(from a magazine) 2 green tea bags steeped in a cup of hot water,cool and after shampooing hair,massage tea into scalp cover with a towel for 45 min then rinse. the 3rd one is aperscription I got from my dr. it worked the best its called Fluocinolone Acetonide solution it comes in a bottle with a nozzle and you just rub a few drops on the itchy places its not oily..my suggestion is to see a dr tho I know you are trying to find a new one. hope these things help u a bit. K3 I like the weird old lady and u are in good company sry that you are having unwanted company sheesh Cajun glad you are feeling better. Bobbie your puppies are so cute be glad they get along. my pepper and tootsie have decided to vie for alpha female.. they get all puffed up and stalk each other start growling and the fites on and they are really after each other.. peppers getting fixed next week and tootsie the next month the vet said maybe it would take some of the starch out of them.. if that doesn't work she said to let them fight till one backs down and establish their pecking order I have bets on tootsie so I finally stepped on the scale have not weighed since thanksging . I got the 2 new shirts I bought to wear to church and they were too tight so I braved the scale a 7# gain not to bad but those shirts one a white stag brand and the other faded glory should have fit... so I wont change my ticker but back to what im suppose to do..too many carbs.. hoping you all don't have any weighty surprises rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
tuna salad
small apple

dinner
chix breast
fresh asparagus

snack
1/2 banana sliced with 1T p butter
Old 02-04-2014, 12:25 AM   #39  
Less of a Better Me

Maryea - I have bad allergies and often my scalp does itch. You might want to check with a doctor to see if you have an allergy.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:03 AM   #40  

Hi Maryea.. I was just going thru my mail and I get a magazine called First. this months issue has an article devoted to hair care and itchy scalps.. it had some good advice you might want to get a copy rosey
Old 02-04-2014, 08:35 AM   #41  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

If anyone wants to exchange itchy scalps for migraine headaches, I'm game. I'm surprised so many of you have that, is it an age thing? Med?

Rosey...so sorry about your 7 pounds, your menu's don't reflect a gain. Or maybe you just started back on program since the gain?

I'm guilty for putting back a couple of pounds in the last 2 weeks due to baking. I'm trying to find the best caramel roll recipe to take to a taco feed we're having, I'm to bring a dessert. I thought caramel rolls would be good, couldn't find a recipe for the caramel part that I liked. After 5 pans of rolls, I finally found one that's really good. Now I can stop baking. Get back on program, POST MY MENU, I know the drill.

Donna...get out your frying pan, we'll get the posse together and gang up on K3's George. The nerve!

I'm watching Tom Turkey thru the window puffing up and fanning out his tail in front of all the hen turkeys right now. He thinks he's magnificent and the hens are ignoring him. Ha!

We settled on a name for the puppy, we had a hard time deciding. We both like Levi, so Levi it is. Make sense to me since I love Levi jeans, do crafts with them, quilts, pot holders, etc.

Karen...good thoughts for Tim today, you are a good support for him.

Mary...good goal for 30 + grams of fiber. Keep it up and the pounds will just melt off. My best weight loss occurs around 40+ grams of fiber daily.

Good morning to everyone else, I can't go back to see earlier post right now...I'm sure I had some wonderful words of wisdom for everyone. Yeah, right.
Ta Ta
Old 02-04-2014, 01:18 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Wanting to tell you guys about something that is really bothering me right now, in case you have any ideas. For the past few years, I have frequently felt a feeling on my scalp like someone is pulling my hair. My scalp was also very itchy. This was when my hair was short. I thought my scalp was probably dry started washing my hair only every 2 or 3 days and using some oil on it. Didn't help in fact, now it seems to make it worse.

Over a year or more ago, I tried growing out my hair. As it grew longer my head itched even more, and esp my ear lobes itched, burned, tingled and also around my forehead. A couple times I even had dh check me for lice, but nothing. I got my hair cut short again and my ears were fine again although my head would still itch a lot and the feeling of my hair being pulled still happened now and then. A hairdresser said sometimes it is the gray hair...because it is more coarse (and mine was) it can cause itching. It was like I was allergic to my own hair. About this time I began to notice that my hair was getting very thin on one side (in top front)

About six months ago, I started growing out my hair again, this time having it cut around my ears in the beginning and that seemed to stall the ear inflammation but now the sides are growing out and my ears are red. itchy, burning and tingling like crazy once again, it's worse than ever... and my scalp is not only itchy, but tingly and burning too. Even my face kinda feels itchy and tingly at times mostly around my jaw line/chin. Also my hair is now obviously falling out all the time ...I'm constantly finding it all over my clothes and every time I run my hands through my hair, my hand comes out with several strands. My hair even feels lighter and more fragile. I can tell my part has widened and at the end of the part (top of head where it itches) there is at least a dime size bald spot. At first it was only me that could see it, but now my dh has started noticing it too.

Yesterday this was all driving me crazy and I felt I had to do something. I put some cream for itchiness on my ears and it seemed to help and for my scalp I took some benedryl. I got so much relief for several hours ! So I'm thinking that it really is an allergic reaction or at least inflammation that the antihistamine takes care of.

On the other hand, I read online that there is a type of hair loss that is accompanied by these symptoms...itchiness, burning, tingling scalp. Didn't say anything about ears or face. It said it is usually presented in African women but guess that doesn't necessarily mean pasty white women like me can't get it too.

What do you thinK? Ever heard of anything like this? I can't decide whether to get a hair cut or to go to a doctor first. May end up doing both but which first Last week I used a few product (had a sample) of Garnier's Fall Fight Shampoo and conditioner and it helped to calm my scalp temporarily and I ordered some more.
Hi Mary,

My niece had something like this happen. It turned out that she was allergic to some chemical ingredient that almost all shampoos have - long name - I cannot remember. She now makes her own shampoo and has not had any problems since she began making her own.

Lynn
Old 02-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #43  

Morning sheesh I had trouble sleeping last nite..so im dragging this am. Bobbie the gain is from thanksgiving and Christmas,im not surprised just didn't want to face the scale. since posting my foods again im being good however with a slow metabolism and a lot of sedentary activities doesn't help loosing. the gain was from my grazing thru rich yummy meals,cookies and deserts etc during the holidays. I cant eat a lot in one sitting but I sure can graze anyway im being more careful now but wont change my ticker till im back where it says. Maryea that article is in the Feb issue of First.. hope it helps ttfn will be back rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 02-04-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'2"

Ugh! Three days of being kept in the house because of snow and ice. I have just about had it! A day is fun but that goes away really fast so does my will power.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Tim got all the testing done he needed to and is now waiting on a call from them to see what time is surgery will be tomorrow. There was freezing rain here this morning and super cold but not to bad this afternoon. Keep the prayers coming and I will try to update as soon as I know anything
Closed Thread