Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #151  

Height: 5'3"

Good Sunday everyone! Sitting here drinking my morning smoothie (almond milk, protein powder, banana and a little pb). I gained .8# this week but I think it is mostly due to eating out and the birthday celebration yesterday.

Yesterday was a lovely day. We went shopping and came home to the house full of kids and gc. They had cooked a wonderful meal for me..a feast really starting with naan bread and hummus, grilled chicken, spinach salad, grillsed brats (only thing I didn't try), baked potatoes, a wonderful jalapena cheese sauce, broccoli and had German Chocolate Cake and ice cream for dessert! Probably more but that's all I can think of. They also had wine, but I didn't drink any. I hadn't eaten since breakfast when I had treated myself to my mocha after several days of not having it. Didn't realize all this other food was coming or that it would be my only meal til dinner.I think I used reasonable restraint but I did enjoy it all. Too many carbs in one meal but not bad for the day and even managed to track it all.

Here are my stats:
Cals 1629
Carbs 184 (net)
Fat 76 H!!
Fiber 20

Need to get ready for church. Perhaps I'll be back later for personals.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good evening all....I am so exhausted that the next 3 weeks are looking like a vacation. Everything is checked off my list. I had a cook-a-thon this afternoon and there is a 3lb meatloaf and 2 tubs of eggplant parm. Doc said to go Sunday am for cross and type because nobody is there...wrong....I was #40! I am not taking my pocketbook and Ladies think about all the stuff that will be missing. DH has my cards, have change purse with a bit, small bag for in-hospital stay. Large bag for 2 weeks rehab. I will pack my pc later tonight. Have case for hearing aids and eye glass case, kindle and phone chargers, Oh tooth brush etc....Any ideas?

Yesterday was crazy. The cleaning people came at 10 and our friends arrived at 11. What part of please don't come visit me don't people understand? The cleaning woman says we live right down the street I'll stop by to see you....NO!...My bridge partner volunteers on Tuesday and is coming....NO...Tuesday especially NO....I will have an iv in each thigh, foley cath and when they walk me I will have to have knee braces because of the ivs. Frankenstien moves....Visitors NO...Getting the message I hate everyone.

GD just called and they have set the date. Oct 25th and she found her dress. OMG she sounded so happy. I adore her fiancé. I will be able to dance at her wedding. Oct in Charleston will be pretty.

Mary....I am on the South Beach diet. I don't really count calories, but is a way to cross check. I loss best after 2 weeks of level#1 to stay about at 1.5 level. Fruits and carbs blew me dead in the water. Karen sent me to myfitnesspal.com and it is so easy.

Donna...It Downton Abby Night....Sorry I cut in front of the line. Don't hate me, too much.

Lynn....Did you escape before the storm?

I put on a favorite shirt today. Black knit with zebra collar and cuffs. It was so long it could have been a dress. Now have droopy drawers and droopy shirts. The hospital has the worse food I have tasted or even smelled so should have another week op.

I'm still wrapped up in me. It feels weird. I hope to be back online in rehab....take care you all
Old 02-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #153  

Hi everyone..Just got back from church,made a ham,cheese and vegie omelette. we are going back to the church at 5 as they are having a talent show and bring a dish meal to raise money for a church we are helping build in Peru. Im bringing bq moose sausage. I stepped on the scale this am and I have lost the 7 # that I gained since thanksgiving. now my goal is to get under 200# slow and steady hoping your day is awesome rosey
Old 02-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #154  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

KarenFL - here's a floral bouquet that won't wilt:

http://www.jacquielawson.com/preview...902&path=83552

Good luck, good luck, and have DH CALL someone!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #155  

KarenFL
Sending good wishes and prayers and ((hugs))) for a good outcome and healing with good pain meds Rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 02-16-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:47 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Karen, thinking of you and sending good thoughts. Lots of prayers I know our crossing in cyberspace. (((hugs))) to you
Old 02-17-2014, 12:58 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Karenfl good luck with your surgery. Hoping your pain goes away and it's a success!!!!!

Hugs
Cajun
Old 02-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Success!!

Went out to eat for my hubby's Birthday last night. We went to Red Lobster and I had a salad, wood grilled salmon and scallops and broccoli. Enjoyed every bite and feel so accomplished that I could go, enjoy dinner and stay on "plan".

We went to see Saving Mr Banks afterwards (wonderful & amazing movie). I ate a little popcorn and had a small bag of skinny cow treats and was very happy. All in all it was a success.

This is what I remember about weighing over 300 pounds. I was always uncomfortable. Did not fit in movie theater seats, felt self conscious when I was in someone's space, hated booths in restaurants because I never knew if I would fit. Needed extensions on plane seat belts. Hoped to fit in the largest clothes when I went shopping. Never being able to find shoes wide enough, and having to order them online. I would hurt all the time. Couldn't stand for more than 5 minutes comfortably. Couldn't get off the couch without incredible effort. Walking was laborious.

Life has changed so much. I might not be where I want to be, but I'm so much better than I was.

Hubby told me that I could "pick a prize" when I make my goal.
Guess what I'm getting? 2 Corgi puppies!! (he's not a dog person, so this is a big deal for us!)

Thanks for letting me share.

Donna
Old 02-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #159  

Karen3 - Know today is the big day for you. I am praying that all turns out like you are hoping for. Doctors today can do marvelous things. Just want you to know that I am thinking of you.

Yesterday I ate mostly leftovers from my birthday meal. It was still so yummy!
My calories are really a little high to lose now (need to lower my calories closer to about 1500 to continue to lose) but I did come down a tiny bit this morning.
And even more important, my bs are dropping. Most not normal or even diabetic normal but usually only a few points above, so close and I've had more normal ones recently. I really think, given time,I can do this!

Here are yesterday's stats:
Calories 1588
Carbs 185 (net)
Fat 67H
Fiber 31 (still aiming for 40 but that's so much!)
Sodium 2230

Thought I'd do personals this time, but I have so much to do that I think I'll wait til hopefully next time. Sorry, but I do reach your posts and enjoy them.

Last edited by maryea; 02-17-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #160  

Hi everyone.. not feeling the best today. I had muscle cramps so bad I finally took extra potassium,calcium and magnesium..didn't help much so took a muscle relaxer and ive been groggy and slow moving all day. not sure what causes it but deff don't like it. the talent show at our church was so much fun. esp the little kids. I even liked the stupid jokes from the mc. there was so much food that it covered 3 banquet tables of Mexican foods and another table just for deseart. sent my dh to get my plate as there where to many people to navigate with my walker. I had a nice salad,vegies,and a enchilada cassaroll he did good and then I had a very small slice of banana pie.change for life. I too was once over 300# almost 400 if I want to be honest and all the things you said I can relate too.esp in the grocery store,rude folks etc..anyways after I lost my weight I asked for diamonds and I got a puppy.. he sure knows me well lol. Hoping Karen fl is slumbering peacefully on good pain meds.. has any one heard how she is? my dh has started moving things around to start my craft room. its on the main floor in the back, was my oldest dd's bedroom.. im excited hoping your day's been good rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
1/2 diet chix ranch pizza
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha (iced)
sm handful cheesit crackers

dinner
1/2 baked chix breast
1/2 c stuffing
sm green salad

snack
small apple with 2T p butter
iced tea

Last edited by akrosey49; 02-17-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:37 AM   #161  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning, thought of you 1st thing this morning K3... said a fast prayer for your surgery and the doctor taking care of you.

Rosey...can't wait to see pictures of your craft room. Tell DH to hurry!

Quote:
my dh has started moving things around to start my craft room.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #162  

Sitting here praying for you, Karen. Hoping all goes well and that you recover quickly and well.

Hope the rest of you have had a good morning. It's almost over for us so know it is afternoon for many of you. For you new people..we get up late plus live on west coast. Dh had planned to go to his retirees brunch. I usually go too but had decided not to go today as I have much I want to do here at home. But the weather person said there will be high winds so dh decided he didn't want to drive the bridge in that and stayed home too. We plan to go to the CU but that's about it I think.

Yesterday was not a good eating day, it was another binge. Not too badly but every time I do this I not only slow down my weight loss but I also don't make progress on getting my bs down. Even while eating last night I was thinking about that. I guess in a way that's progress but I want to take the right actions instead of just thinking about it! . I know it can't be true hunger...I eat mostly healthy, get plenty protein, veggies and healthy carbs and am taking in lots of fiber. I think it's mostly boredom. I even play games on my iPad in addition to watching TV, but I even get bored with that. Still think I need to get away from the TV and do other things, but it's hard to do that because I also want to watch certain shows.

Anyway, despite my overeating I think I got everything tracked so I will reluctantly show it to you. LOL Maybe if I show you, I'll be ashamed enough to change.

Cals - 2175 H!
Carbs 219 H (this is net!!)
Fat 107 H !
Fiber 49 (at least I made my goal of 40!)
Sodium 1814

Rosey - Sorry for you with the cramps. Hope gone now. I haven't had them for several months now but I know how they can hurt. The Mexican banquet and talent shows sounds fun. Were you on your feet a long time...thought maybe that started the muscle cramps. Glad you had a good time.

Change4Life - I am so happy for you that you have lost so much weight!! I am sure life is much easier physically for you and you will want to keep it off forever like you name says...4 life!! You will have fun with those puppies!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:15 AM   #163  

Hi everyone. a very quiet "ME" day as dh was in anchorage for a dr aptment; I enjoyed the day and didnt accomplish much. wondering how kfl surg went. sleep well chickies rosey

breakfast
coffee
oat meal

lunch
apple with p butter
few crackers

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
hamburger patty
sm salad
Old 02-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #164  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Default Can I come by for a visit?

Morning all. I was wondering if it would be ok if I came by and visited and hung around with you ladies in this forum. A little about me:
55 years old
Married
One son who is married-no grandchildren (and probably never will have any)
Need to lose about 100 lb.
Hubby and I own 3 Christian retail stores
Have the usual suspects that come with being obese: Diabetes II, Hight blood Pressure, High Cholesterol

I am following the One One One Diet. It is SIMPLE and seems easy to follow. We work A LOT so I need something simple and easy to follow.

Thanks for letting me stop by and visit. I hope you all have a blessed day!
Old 02-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #165  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning
Welcome Tam Tam, glad to have you. I've never heard of the One One One plan, what's that? Owning 3 Christian retail stores would keep you busy. Do you sell mostly books and music?

Mary....I've been too busy to post but just noticed your fiber, all I can say is WOW! When I eat that much fiber, the weight just drops off and very quickly. I'm sure you're going to see some pounds drop if you keep it up. Just be sure to drink lots and lots of water with that much fiber.

Anyone heard from K3 and her surgery?

I'm painting the basement floor AGAIN. The carpenters had a really hard time taking out all the cement/metal basement windows and raised lots of cement dust that covered everything we had stored down there. I moved everything to one corner scrubbed down the floor, then painted all but the corner section. Today I'll move everything back and paint the last of the floor. It's not such a big job painting, it's all the stuff we have to keep moving.

I'm burning sunlight...ta ta
Closed Thread