Old 02-22-2014, 02:06 PM   #211  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Yes and No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good M

Tam...per meal?(one carb, one protein, one fat)

Yes one each per meal, but she gives you the amount (which sometimes is like 2 servings). I like it because it is easy.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #212  
I am more than weight.

Default Hellow All!

DeeLou-Hope you feel better.

Hubby and I weighed in this morning and had a role reversal, usually he loses weight and I manage to find it, but today I am down 1/2 pound and it found it's way to him!

Will be heading out to Dallas tomorrow after Church for Market, so may not be back on until Wednesday, am bringing my tablet, so I may have time to "chat" we will be back Tuesday evening. It's about a 9 hour drive. Going order Christmas for the shops.

Have a blessed day all!
Old 02-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Mashed Cauliflower

I *forgot* I had gotten a Magic Bullet from Kohl's with my Kohl's Kash after Christmas, so I unboxed it today to use it to make mashed (whipped) cauliflower.

It was AMAZING...OH MY GOSH!! Smooth and creamy. Definitely on the "comfort food" list. Tasted, and texture like the best mashed potatoes I ever ate.

Son complained about the smell in the house. Too bad!
Old 02-22-2014, 04:18 PM   #214  

Tam I got the book yesterday and I love it! I like it because it is so simple and it is based on what has always been my own approach to meals...protein, carb and fat. As I read it I realized what I've been doing wrong though. I've been eating 2-3 carb serving at a meal, am allowed protein 4-6 oz a day but I eat less than that (I haven't been counting milk as a protein since for a diabetic, milk is a carb), one grain, and one dairy and all the non-starchy veggies I want as that's what my dietician told me to do. But a carb serving of rice is only 1/3 cup and that is very little! Instead of eating a whole cup (3 carb serv) of rice and not having any other carbs, I'd eat only that one carb serving of rice and then have fruit. milk or a mocha frappe for dessert, thinking I was ok because I wasn't going over my limit. Then being hungry soon after. I'm going to try this and see whether it will ease my hunger. At least it's worth a try. I eat healthy at least 80% but I just snack too much.

I thought there were a few contradictions ..she says if we really need it we can have one teaspoon of real syrup (I always use sugar free) on pancakes (only eat when out to brunch), but says no sugar with oatmeal. What's the difference? Then in the analysis of meals one guy eats maple syrup flavored instant oatmeal and that's ok? I think there was another but can't remember what it was now.

Since I'm diabetic I will have to adjust it a bit and think I will use my judgement about this. I rarely use real sugar because of the carbs but do use 1/2-1 t. of brown sugar on my oatmeal or if I have it I use the Splenda Brown sugar blend or Stevia. I've been trying to get away from the Splenda products though. I prefer the brown sugar taste to Stevia in my oatmeal so this morning I did the 1-1-1 thing except I did add one teaspoon of brown sugar. I think I could have gotten along fine with 1/2 t. so next time would do that. Otherwise i had a good 1-1-1 meal. Of course it was a meal I often eat just like this so not a perfect test. I'll let you know how it goes.

Don't have much time...I have a nail appt soon and need to get ready. I thoroughly cleaned the small bathroom and did most daily stuff but will have to finish the main bath when I return. It's another pretty day, sun shining.

Last edited by maryea; 02-22-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #215  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Bobbi ~ the fabric you print the pictures on is special fabric ~ made in sheet sizes ~ the same size as computer paper. I bought mine at the Jo Ann Fabric store. My FIL's wife gave me the info about it. She bought the brand made by Dritz. The store near me had that and other brands. The Dritz ones were kind of pricey, so I bought one of the other ones.

My squares are going to be 8" X 8". I am going to do the pictures in 5" X 7" size. I figure I can get two pictures on each sheet of fabric that way.

Here is a picture of the package of fabric sheets I bought.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fabric photo printing sheets.jpg (41.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by glynne; 02-26-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:26 AM   #216  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

This recipe was on Gina's web site this morning. Not sure If I want to spend 161 calories per muffin, maybe the muffins are big?
Low Fat Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 12 • Size: 1 muffin • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 161 • Fat: 3 g • Protein: 3.9 g • Carb: 31 g • Fiber: 1.6 g • Sugar: 13 g
Sodium: 104 mg

Ingredients:
3 ripe medium bananas
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 large egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
10 tbsp Better'n peanut butter (divided into 8 tablespoons and 2 tablespoons)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325°. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
Mash bananas in a bowl, set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce, vanilla, and 8 tablespoons better'n peanut butter, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.

Add flour mixture, then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
Pour batter into muffin tin halfway, then add 1/2 teaspoon of the remaining better'n peanut butter into each muffin well. Top off each muffin with remaining batter, and bake on the center rack for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #217  

Good Sunday everyone!! I am ready for church except my hair is still damp. I prefer to air dry it as it usually looks better when I do. Well, I survived yesterday on 1-1-1. I had NOTHING to eat last night after dinner! A NSV for me ! I went to bed early (for me), about ten and by then I was hungry! I almost caved but I didn't. I slept well but think it was more than I had to sleep after not sleeping hardly any the previous night. However, if eating like this will help me my bs, my weight AND help me sleep that would be great!!

I also only had two meals yesterday due to going out for appt. but did have one (not so healthy but still 1-1-1) snack. Here are my stats.

Calories 918
Carbs 118
Fat 28
Sodium 465
Fiber 12 (too low as my doc wants 30-40)

Hopefully I'll get three meals today in order to get good nutrition and more fiber. I cannot usually have a snack due to my bs.

Bobbi - I would only be able to have one of those muffins for breakfast because of the two carb serv in each. And on the 1-1-1 plan I could only have one anyway as only allowed one carb per meal. They sound good though!

ETA: Forgot to say I dropped a pound this week, so only 3# now to go to get back to sig weight. Probably most of the loss was due to yesterday! LOL

Last edited by maryea; 02-23-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #218  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Good Sunday morning, whoops it is already afternoon! I found myself less paranoid and more upbeat this week end now that I have taken off some sluggish weight.
I know someone out there has the smarts to walk me through this...How do I get a photo that is on my phone tp post here in a forum post? I want to show you all what I eat for breakfast.

Who know how to do this?
Old 02-23-2014, 05:42 PM   #219  
kosherveganchick

This what I eat for breakfast :-P

Old 02-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #220  

Lucinda you will have to connect your phone to your computer and upload the photo. Make sure you know where the photo is going so you can find it. then go through the uploading on this site by browsing for the photo and selecting it. Be sure to save the change. It should upload unless it is too big. I hate when that happens!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I am back in a formal dress I haven't worn in almost 5 years - here's the picture of hubby & I then, and I hope to have more this weekend from the wedding.
Liana
Here's the pix from 5 yrs ago L then last weekend R. The last one was taken by a slightly shaky friend lol. Not quite as sharp as I would like but "Oh, Well."
Down to 1 lb from goal (or there already, I'm not that crazy over a single pound.) My DH has lost 5 of his 14 lbs to goal - now at 179!! We didn't even buy popcorn at the movie last night. I smuggled in some water with lime juice in it and a couple of squares of 70% dark chocolate for us as a movie treat. I know, my bad for smuggling, but if they offered good stuff at the theatre we'd buy.
Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24 Randy & Liana.jpg (27.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1010064.jpg (28.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-23-2014, 09:28 PM   #222  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Looking great, Liana!! You're good inspiration! Doesn't look like your DH needs to lose an ounce! He's very thin already!
Old 02-23-2014, 09:44 PM   #223  
I am more than weight.

Default Good evening

Got into Dallas around 6pm did not over eat during the 9 hour drive went eat at poppadeaux and had the ceased chicken salad and split the dessert with hubby will be in bed early. Have a great evening
Old 02-23-2014, 11:09 PM   #224  

Hi everyone. another nice day,church,and then a quiet day gorking,dh painted his bed room. I have had those horrible cramps ( charley horses),so painful I was really yelling,dh rubbed and put pressure on the muscle and I took his pain meds,a musclel relaxer,potassium,magnesium and calcium..it took awhile to go away. the next day I felt sore and groggy. im on persrciption meds for this but somethings not right. im making an apt to see my dr. other than that im peachy, Nice pictures Liana.Maryea I was wondering about the 1-1-1 diet. hows it going doyou likeit? I just locarb,protein 1st and vegies( bariatric diet,) ive don't always measure but have learned to guess amounts. hoping you all had a nice weekend rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
hamb cabbage bun
grapes iced tea

snack
coffee mocha iced
honey ww pretzel twists

dinner
pork chop
1/2 c potatoe salad
4 hersheys hugs
Old 02-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #225  
kosherveganchick

I am not able to import a photo from my phone and then find "url" address to post it here uggg!
Aside from that I had a powerful yearning for a savory snack last night so I decided to microwave brussel sprouts with curry powder. Holy Moly! they were tasty and hit the spot!
Closed Thread