Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #46  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, Goldens!

Pretty here again today!

Bobbi – I’ll be interested to hear about your real estate wheelin’ and dealin’… is the foreclosed house a short sale? Sounds like it needs some work, but it’ll be to your liking! Good luck on your lookers! And thank you for reminding me about “one day of indulging isn’t permanent”! I’m up a pound today, after an 1,100 calorie day yesterday!, but there was a lot of salty stuff on Sunday. I’m being punished, but this, too, will pass.

CK – did you get the Darlings’ tootsies trimmed? I can’t BELIEVE you sold your Gazelle when you should have known I’d be using one in the future! It would have been an upgrade from my glider!

Rosey – is Mr. CP feeling a little better? Just remember that he paints your toenails, too! Gotta remember those redeeming social values, yes?

CarolSue – I don’t know what’s going on with this “cold”… it’s definitely not allergies, but the symptoms come and go. I wish it would just happen, if it’s going to! This one day of feeling like caca, then the next day feeling okay, then back again is getting old! Have you googled how to remove speaker from Tracfone? I talk to Google like it's an old friend.

Cajun – good girl to be back on the trampoline! Lucky girl that it doesn’t hurt your knees!

Nothing to report. I’m plugging along, quite contentedly! Hope you all have a good Tuesday! Later, lovelies!!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #47  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning, just going to post my menu from yesterday.

Breakfast: Fiber 1, yogurt, chia, flax, vitamins and 1 teas. black strap molasses.

Lunch: veggie soup
snack: celery and carrots

We had to take Charlie and leave our house for the afternoon because of the realtor and clients. We just had time to scramble some eggs when we got home.
Supper: 2 slices low calorie toast, egg beater scrambled eggs, Laughing Cow Blue Cheese wedge, more veggie soup.

Evening snack: Almond Pudding with FF Cool Whip
Only 33 grams of fiber.

Donna...we didn't talk to the realtor, he was gone by the time we got back home. If the couple are interested, he'll call today.

KarenMo...congrats on the lost pounds, keep that ticker going down. No, I didn't remember that you sold all your exercise equipment, why did you do that?

Gotta run...later gators

Old 02-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #48  
Donna

Bobbi - GOOD LUCK!!

My menu for yesterday:
b-fast:1/8 slice egg casserole; slice potato bread, toasted and 1 pat butter

lunch: lettuce salad with green beans and olives; protein shake

dinner: sirloin steak, 4 oz., 1/2 bag broccoli, 1 biscuit

snack: protein shake.
1,208 cal; 56 carbs; 52 fat; 105 protein

As an aside, I also arbitrarily add 200 calories to the daily count for "extras", just to take in the little bits of spices or etc. that aren't counted in the food. It gives an edge.

Last edited by jess1; 02-06-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hey Goldie's
I'm happy to report that today is day 3 on my mini trampoline. Eating is going great so far. I'm praying to continue. I know if I stay away from the carbs that my body will stop craving them. I'm also taking in more water. I guess you could say I'm 100% on tract. Yay me!!! Thanks for all the support.

We are supposed to get more rain tomorrow night. It's been really warm for February. Things are starting to bud. But Tuesday is supposed to turn cold with more rain again.

Bobbi~ I hope you get lucky with a house buyer.

Donna~ thanks for the compliment. The mini trampoline doesn't hurt my knees at all. I guess because it gives. The squats and lunges that I do are hard on the knees.

Hello to all. Hope the week is going well for y'all.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 02-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #50  
Bobbi

Good Morn girls...We have a large winter storm coming our way for the week-end. Last night we started watching the 'Dust Bowl' series on PBS, same channel we watch Downton Abbey series. I never thought too much about it since it was long before I was born. I never realized that it was a man made event from farmers plowing up so much land and erosion occured. Anyone watching it?

Donna & Rosey...thanks for posting your menu's, I hope it helps you as much as it does me. Anyone else want to post, please do.

We haven't heard any feed back on the last couple looking at our house. We leave pictures of the shade garden taken in the summer, copies of all the different fruit trees, blueberry/raspberry, etc we have and last years heat and electricity spent each month. They took copies of everything, a good sign. When we came home, they were out in the shade garden still looking. We just drove by and waited for them to leave down the road. I'd like to have talked to them but realtors don't want any contact with them while showing the house?

Quote:
Breakfast: Fiber 1, yogurt, chia, flax, vitamins and 1 teas. black strap molasses.

Lunch: veggie soup
Carob Shake

Snack: raw Celery and carrots with PB2 dip

Beef Chow Mein
Almond Pudding w/ff Cool Whip

Large bowl of popcorn with peanut spray and kettle corn seasoning
1,062 calories and 41 grams of fiber

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-07-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #51  
Bobbi

Peach Angel Food Cake

Rated:Submitted By: AMY BARTHELEMY
Photo By: FUN4REGINA

Servings: 14
"This is a great tasting super easy (not to mention, low fat and low calorie) dessert!"
INGREDIENTS:
1 (18.25 ounce) package angel food cake
mix
1 (15 ounce) can diced peaches
DIRECTIONS:
1.In a large bowl, combine cake mix, peaches and juice (do not add water). Mix well.2.Pour into tube pan or 2 loaf pans.3.Bake according to directions on cake package.4.If desired, serve with whipped topping.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning Goldie's
I had another good day yesterday. I think my head is in the right frame of mind. I was a little sore this morning when I got up. Exercise is doing its job!!!

Bobbi~ I'm hoping you get your house sold. I forgot to mention this the other day. I love hearing about your Charlie Brown lemon tree. I hope the light helps your Lil tree.

Hello to all!

Mary I miss you. Hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 02-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #53  
Donna

Hola! Yesterday's menu:

b'fast: 1/8 slice egg casserole, slice potato bread, 1 pat butter

lunch: lettuce salad with walnuts, cup vegetable soup

dinner: slice meatloaf, 1-1/2 biscuits, 2 cups cooked cabbage.

snack: forgot to have one!

calories: 1117, fat: 41; carbs: 60; protein: 43

Have to roll... need to get in at least a few minutes on the glider so I can walk today.

Cajun - hang in there! You're doing fine!

Bobbi - fingers, toes, and legs crossed that all works well with the house!! Do tell more about the one you're looking to buy!

Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 02-07-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #54  
Bobbi

I really have to quit fooling around on the cp, I'm really leaving this time.
Cajun...thanks for the well wishes of my charlie brown tree. I'm going to post a picture of it, 1 leaf left on it. No kidding.

MaryGee...whew, that 's some grocery bill.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charlie Brown Tree.jpg (21.8 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-07-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Do we have anyone here who's in the northeast? If so, be safe over the weekend. They are predicting a viscious nor'easter headed your way. We are far enough west that we aren't going to be involved.

Bobbi - I read somewhere that you can use the whey that your drain from your yogurt cheese to add to soups, etc. Did you ever do that? It says that when you drain the yogurt, a lot of the calcium drains out in the whey. I did receive my yogurt cheese maker and I really like it. I didn't have any yogurt made to try it out so I bought a carton of Fage Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt. OMG it is so good I can eat it right out of the carton! I drained it to make it a little thicker and it does not have as much of the tart flavor after it's drained. But it's very tasty, even plain, and I've been eating it with my fiber crackers. Yummy! I don't know if I will make yogurt again, because even just making 1 qt it's too much yogurt since I'm the only one eating it, but even if I throw half of it away, it's still cheaper than buying it.

I copied the recipe of the Peach Angel Food cake. Not sure I believe it's 14 servings. LOL

Donna - I will check online about my Tracfone. I don't use it very much, but when I go to make a call it says "speaker on." It doesn't sound like it's on, though. This happened one day when I had it in my pocket. My butt must have pushed a button! LOL

I have a generic gazelle. It works similar but does not have handles that swing, just a bar going across that you hold on to. DH wanted me to get rid of it but it doesn't take up much room and I still use it sometimes for variety.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #56  
MaryGee

Default Hi Ladies...

How's everyone doing? I went shopping yesterday and spent almost $300 on groceries - after all, have to get ready for the blizzard they are forcasting for the weekend. SO believes in being prepared - but we bought enough food to last a month! I'm hoping we don't get hit too badly - but thankfully I don't have to worry about going out worst case scenario I may have to reschedule a doctor's appointment.

Thanks Donna, Rosey and Bobbi for posting your menus - always helpful to see what others are eating - good for new ideas. (sorry if I missed anyone) Rosey I couldn't get by with just coffee for breakfast - I need to eat something right away to get myself kick-started.

Jess1 - I add about 200 calories to my daily too for "miscellaneous" calories such as the bit of 2% milk I use for my tea, or A-1 Sauce I might put on my meat, etc.

Tea Granny - Sometimes I use portobello mushrooms as a substitute for a hamburger, and I've used Morningstar products (burgers, "chicken patties" and crumbles) as a substitute.

Carbie - it's amazing the effect some medicines can have on us - getting the munchies, or dry mouth, etc. Wish I didn't have to take all the meds I do - I'm hoping as my weight goes down my blood pressure will go down to, and my pain levels too. I take eight different meds now. Thankfully with my new insurance I only have to pay $4 per script - used to be $10 each!

Cajun - When I get a yeaening for sweets I generally whip up some sugar-free pudding with light cool whip - that does the trick for me.

Bobbi - how did the showing go? Are you relocating or downsizing?

Well Everyone - have a good day. Stay warm or stay cool, as the case may be.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #57  
Bobbi

Just a quick updating on the peach angelfood cake recipe. I made it, see picture below. But I didn't have any light canned peaches, only apricot and DH must have picked it up because it was heavy syrup. I used it anyway and the cake looks good but the calories are terrible. I put the cake mix and heavy syrup peaches into Fitday, figured 8 servings (not 14) and it's 262 a slice. Not good, I think DH will be eating this all my himself.
The instructions on the angel food box said to whip the liquid into the cake mix. (this is why it rises so high, puts air into the batter) The instructions on the peach cake said to just stir it in. I didn't, after draining the peaches, I beat the juice into the cake mix, then folded in the finely chopped apricots. Worked great, I think you really need to whip it. I'll try again with sugarless angelfood cake mix and no sugar added canned peaches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1491.jpg (23.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy all....just got back from getting aids checked. When I drove into the complex there were cars people even tv running around. Turns out there was a drug bust at a MD's office. Funny no actual cop cars. Might as well run the doctors out of town, we lost the power plant this week. That's just 36+millions in tax revenue. County is going broke and shieff just gave hugh new staff apppointments and raises. We are totally rural but we have an armored vehicle (tank) for drug busts, 2 helicopters,can't count the partol cars. A sheriff who thinks he's John Wayne. You can't count the closed stores or empty stripe malls, but they keeping raising taxes , screwing small business and have built hugh sports complexs to the high schools.....Am watching a lovely town literally die.

Bobbi...citrus fruit trees are all graft stock. See how much life there in Charlie Brown down a few inches from the dirt. Light Light and even a warm blankie.

Yesterdays menu:
bkft...egg beaters
3 turkey sausage patties

lunch...tuna salad made with ff mayo sf sweet pickle relish

dinner...ground sirloin hamburger
hugh salad

I am South Beaching , but cross check on fitday for calories to keep me honest. Had 1004 cal, 11.6 carbs

Looking over I didn't have 5 vegie serving...will correct today.

Sorry about the rant, but stupid spending really ticks me off. k3
Old 02-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #59  
Bobbi

Good Morning everyone...Woke with a headache, dang things.

K3...I was going to cut into my lemon plant at base like you suggested but this morning I see 3 itty bitty leaves coming out so it's still alive. I don't know if it's worth the bother trying to grow it in our climate. It really thrived last summer after I put it out on the deck but bringing it back indoors for the winter is just too hard on them. Actually I brought it back in early fall so it would adjust easier. I wonder how Marie's dwarf trees are doing, anyone know?

MaryGee...we are doing both, relocating and downsizing. We're not going far, just into town to be closer to DD and grandsons. ("We live out in the country on an acreage now).
Yesterday's menu: 1,071 and 41 grams of fiber

Breakfast, dates, Fiber One, flax, chia, yogurt.

Lunch, veggies soup

Afternoon snack: mixed frozen fruit smoothie
and 1/2 slice of forbidden angel food cake with apricots.

Supper, DH had leftover chow mein from the night before and I had 4 slices light French Toast with mixed berries heated up with sugar free syrup. YUM-O. I purchased a large egg beater and it was getting old. New lesson, only buy the small container. How many of you use the egg beaters or similar brand?

Evening snack: lemon custard with sf/ff cool whip(only 54 calories for the pudding and really good)

I started a new novel on my kindle after going to bed and it called for some sour dough pretzel nuggets. Instead of savoring the 12 pieces for 110 calories, I mindlessly gobbled them down. Will I ever learn? Nope
P.S. Everyone's menu's look good and you're all doing great on keeping the calories low.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-08-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #60  
Bobbi

This was on the Hungry Girl site this morning. I did purchase her newest cookbook but I'm planning on selling it on ebay unless one of you would like to buy it cheap. I'm not fond of her recipes, she uses too many product like sugar free puddings from the grocery store. I like to cook from scratch.
Quote:
Crazy-Cheesy Cauliflower Mash 1/2 of recipe (about 3/4 cup): 120 calories, 3g fat, 539mg sodium, 15.5g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 6g sugars, 7.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*

Like cheesy mashed potatoes, minus loads of fat and starchy carbs! Open up and say YUM...

Ingredients:
4 cups frozen cauliflower florets
2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
2 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
Seasonings: black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder

Directions:
Place cauliflower in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave for 3 1/2 minutes.

Uncover and stir. Re-cover and microwave for another 3 1/2 minutes, or until hot and soft.

Drain excess liquid. Add cheese wedges, breaking them into pieces, and Parm-style topping. Add a dash of pepper and 1/8 tsp. each salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Thoroughly mash and mix. Enjoy!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS
Closed Thread