Old 02-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

morning all k3
Old 02-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #152  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Donna...I was beginning to think I had dementia! Sorry but I didn't word my note to you correctly, I had to go back and look. I knew your didn't tell me my nutrition was too low. The eye opener for ME was to see how low I was in some area's, especially protein. Sometimes I speed type and don't bother to go back and see if it makes sense.

Quote:
Your dinner sounds really good! My favorite play part of SparkPeople is entering the recipes and getting the nutritional values... what an eye opener, sometimes!! Enjoy, enjoy! I'm getting hungry, I think...

You're right about what an eye opener it is to see where I'm low in some nutrients. What kind of turkey sausages are you and K3 eating? I see it on both your menu's.
Carol Sue,,,thanks for the WW. points information... I'll check out my menu sometime when I have the time. Today I'm sewing again and already wasted too much time fooling around.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #153  
MaryGee

Hi SusanJean - Glad to see you made it back and got your messages!

Amanrantha - I've wandered around the boards here quite a bit but I've found these lovely Golden Girls are wonderful ladies - very friendly and supportive, so I spend about 90% of my time here when I'm on-line.

Bonnie - Good to have you here. Believe me, you can post anything and everything here and no one will be critical. As I said, the Golden Ladies are a wonderful group - very supportive. It sounds like you've certainly had rough times in the past. I hope things are going well for you these days. I've seen others telling about hiding food and/or being afraid they won't have enough -- it's no wonder you have those fears based on what has happened in the past. Counselling helps some people - have you considered it? If you're not confortable with that, just do what you think is best for you. What works for one person doesn't always work for someone else. Just be sure to take care of yourself.

Went to the pain clinic yesterday - what a project. It's always mobbed, and everyone generally has to wait at least 2 hours there, if not more. You wait, and wait, and wait, and then you get to spend 2-3 minutes with the doctor. Most of us just "grin ane bear it" but there are always a few who huff and puff and mutter and sputter -- doesn't do them any good though.

There's a "cold-front" here. SO is sulking/angry about something. Don't know what it is. He's like a woman at "that time of the month" I just sit quiety and wait for him to "come around" -- but it's just so foolish. When we first met he was always saying if we have a disagreement about something we just have to sit at the kitchen table and talk it through. Instead, he gives me the silent treatment. Oh well, he'll get over it.

Hope you all are having a good day!

Old 02-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I haven't been entering my food in FitDay, but today, I am going to start again. So far, I have eaten 491 calories, with no junk. Yay!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #155  
Empress/Queen

Thanks for letting me visit, ladies! It helped a lot today! Woot!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #156  
Bobbi

Carol Sue...I found out my WW points, but when trying to fill in the points I've eaten...I ran into a problem.
Fat grams or fat calories?
Carb grams or carb calories.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - I'm glad you didn't do the points calculations already because I forgot to tell you that fruits and vegetables are zero points, so don't include the info from these items. I see your second post. It's grams in all instances.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-17-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #158  

Mary Gee - When you were talking about the "cold front" I had to re-read before I realized you weren't talking about the weather. LOL DH and I yell and get it out of our system and 5 minutes later we are back to normal.

Carbie - I think the reason you notice your weight loss first in your fingers is because of fluid retention. I first notice my rings get loose. It varies from day to day. A lot of the weight gain from Prednisone is from fluid retention, I think. I worked with a woman who was always very thin. They put her on Prednisone and I thought she was pregnant. She just puffed up everywhere. But after that she went back to her skinny old self. I have to take Prednisone when I have procedures with contrast dye but I am only on it for a couple days so it doesn't have a big effect except for raising my blood sugar sky high. I think you are doing great with your weight loss.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 245/241/140

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Goldies!
It's a nice sunny morning here, and suppose to get up to about 30 degrees. Yayyy!
Bonnie, I too had a screwy childhood and was hungry a lot of times. I think you're right to talk about it, but I think maybe a counselor could help you to get on the right track because a lifetime of holding these things makes it harder to get out of the rut on your own. Hugs to you, and keep posting here. we all care.

Forreal, that's a heart warming story about you, your Mom and Shirley.

AKRosey, I'm SOOO happy for you that you have re-found the water exercise! Isn't it just the most relaxing thing though??

Bobbi, I love reading your menu's. I wish I could steal some of them from you, but fruits drive my blood sugar way up, so I'm stuck eating meats and veggies and an apple once in a while. I do use dairy, but mostly FF or small amts of reg. cheese. I LOVE my cheese!

Carol Sue, thanks for posting the links to the WW points. If I ever get down to my desired weight I'm thinking I may go on WW way of eating.

Jess, I always enjoy your posts too. No misunderstanding what YOU say. and I like it that way. Hope you're having a good weekend. Hope your friend has good luck with her knee surgery. You're right, ... ouch!

Karen31, I understand your logic in not weighing until the B-day celebration is overwith and you start back on track again. I finally did that while on the Prednisone. I knew what was going to happen because my Dr. always puts me on it when I have an asthma attack too. Hope you thoroughly enjoyed your B-day!

SusanJean, I hope you've gotten things figured out by now. We love having new members. Don't forget to click on 50+ when you come to 3FC, and then Golden Girls. Congratulations on your 13-lb. loss!!

Cajun, I admire what you've done! 50 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! And I'm betting you'll have reached your goal by the time you go on vacation in the fall.
I'm having a family get together late July or early Aug. and I'm hoping to have 50 more lbs off by then. Good luck to you!

Gail42, WELCOME!! You're not the only one with eating indiscretions. But I'm glad you didn't gain from it! Keep coming back, we enjoy all new members.

Amarantha, hope you're having a great Sunday too. I like Sundays because I don't HAVE to do anything, so I lay around and read and watch TV.

Good Morning yourself, Karen3! How are you doing these days? Beating the pants off everyone in those card games I bet! Ha!

I'm going to have to get off here soon and get in the shower so I can feel human for the rest of the day. I know I missed some of the personals, but just know I think of all of you and hope you're doing well.
I have now lost 25 lbs. I hope this keeps up.
Most of the sheetrock is up in the upstairs and down the stairway. They wont be here tomorrow so hopefully they'll finish the sheetrock next week and start the ceilings in the livingroom and bedroom. Hopefully I'll ba able to start painting the upstairs in a couple weeks.
Anybody got any ideas for colors for walls in a bathroom?
Take care all, and have a great Sunday!! .....
Old 02-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #160  
Bobbi

Be back later, appointment this am with nursing home (MIL), going to fitness center...yes you heard me right. I HATE EXERCISING, but our new health insurance plan pays for both of us so will take advantage of it. Will I enjoy it?

Downton Abbey fans...is he dead?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #161  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi - knowing you, you'll have the discipline to use that fitness center!! The world as we know it is ending..... !

Is he dead? Would they DO that to us? If so, I think pregnancy is a risk that those people should NOT take ever again!

Have to get ready for work... back later for personals.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #162  

Bobbi, Somehow I read Donna's post about "Is he dead" and "pregnancy" before I read yours, and I had to hurry up and look back to yours to see who she was talking about! Glad it's not a real person who's dead. LOL I don't watch Downtown Abbey.

I hope you like the fitness center. If you move to a smaller place, you might not get as much exercise as you do at this one so they fitness center will be a nice change. Our insurance covers a fitness center but I never used it because of all the equipment I have at home. That fitness center merged with another one five miles away so now it wouldn't be convenient.

Carbie - I went to WW for one month out of curiosity and my opinion is that it is just a fancy way of counting calories. It's just a money making scheme because not only do you have to pay what I think is an exorbitant amount to attend the meetings, but you have to pay for their tools to calculate the points of foods. Then just when you have all that worked out, they change the plan so you have to buy the new updated tools. LOL If counting calories or carbs is working for you, just stick with it. The meetings are only as good as the leader, and I didn't like ours. And they do so many things that make you feel like you're in kindergarten. They ask questions like what did you do this week that worked for you? If you speak up, they give you a sticker that says "Bravo". You get another sticker when you lose your first 5 lbs. Then another when you reach the next weight level. There's a page in your book to attach these stickers. I guess there are people who need that, but I thought it was juvenile. If you stick to the program, it works, but so do other weight loss plans. It's a lot easier to count calories, especially since there are websites like Spark People and Fitday that are free. And it seems to me that if you cut carbs, you don't even have to worry about what else you eat, because the weight just comes off from the no carbs. I'm making it sound so easy, aren't I? LOL Then why do I still weigh 195 lbs.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #163  

Because I did well on my diet yesterday I will post my menu.

I had 1509 calories and it calculated out to 28 WW points. My carbs were at 76 gm for the day, and they were mostly complex carbs from the veggies. I did have a high fat count, but I know the liver did that. A good bit of it was mono fat which is healthy fat. That might have been from the peanut butter.

Breakfast

mushroom omlet using 2 egg beaters and mushrooms

Snack

1 T Peanut Butter

Lunch

Sauteed cabbage and onion

Dinner

Liver and onions (yeah, I know LOL)
Broccoli
tossed green salad

Bedtime
Hard boiled egg
1 oz mozzarella cheese

I love liver and onions. I rarely have it because DH won't eat it, but there's a couple restaurants in our neighborhood that serve it, so I get it every few months or so. My 4 year old grandson was with us and when I turned him over to his parents, he wouldn't even kiss me goodbye. LOL I guess I had liver/onion breath!

I was down 1 lb on the scale this morning and my blood sugar was way down from the highs I have been having.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning friends,
We had an awesome weekend. The weather was gorgeous. Cool and sunny. I sat by the fire all day. We even grilled pork chops and sausage over the fire for lunch. They killed 16 rabbits this weekend. I enjoyed having both our sons with us this weekend. We came back from the camp and went into the pasture behind our house and shot skeet. That was fun.
My diet was not too bad this weekend. I stayed on tract with only a little mess up Saturday night.

Bobbi~I'm not much for exercising either bobbi. I hate to sweaty hair. I guess it a pet peeve in have. I sure hope you get a sale for your house and the one y'all like is still available.

Carbie~ thank you for the compliment. I'm trying so hard to get the rest off this year. I think the next 40 lbs is going to be the hardest ever. It seems like my body doesn't want to let go.

Carol sue~Congrats on your weight loss. Your goal weight and height are the same as mine. I'm at 207. I started at 258.

Am~I remember you from last year with your woot word that you use. I have no idea what it means but its cheerful.

Gail~ I'm also 5'2". My goal is 165. Maybe 160. If you do not mine me asking. What size pants are you in at the weight your ticker is showing. I'm trying to get to 12 or 14's. Just depends.

Bonnie~ your story broke my heart. I can't even imagine living like that. They say an alcoholic can only be healed when he admits he is one. Seems like you have overcome your biggest hurdle in identifying the root of your overeating. You are trying with every breathe you take and that's a start. You can do it.

Donna~ I went to the site you posted for the general motors diet. It's awful sounding. I don't think I could do it either. I will stick with the diet I've been doing. Thank you for the sweet comments. I think my boys are awesome too. I'm a proud momma.

Rosey~im thinking the pool is an awesome exercise. Soon the inches will be falling off of you. Yay!!!!

Susanjean~ welcome. A loss is a loss. I think 1.6 is good. Congrats on the 13 lbs also. You may be losing inches too due to the walking. Don't stop. You are doing well!!!!!

Duty calls. Hello to all I missed.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 02-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #165  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning!

MaryGee – is your SO still acting like a 2 year old? Aren’t they just annoying little creatures sometimes?

Carbie – I’m always so glad to see your postings. I appreciate that you take the time to do personals, AND they’re always interesting! Sounds like you’re doing so well with your weight loss… and I hope you’re taking pictures of the renovation. I hope you’ll share some pictures, too! About bathrooms, I like good old white, because then you can use any color shower curtains and towels to perk up the color. The rest of the house, though, I like some color…

Bobbi – I’m so anxious to hear about you becoming FrannieFitness! I know you’ll make yourself use it, even if you don’t like it! Any real estate news?

If you’re not a Downton fan, just skip this! About Downton,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...w-dropper.html

There are pictures, and this is the first time I’ve caught them in a discrepancy. His head is facing the wrong way for all that blood to flow, unless the lorry driver moved him.

CarolSue – Liver and onions sounds SO good! I haven’t had it in ages. I used to bake it in mushroom gravy, and the meat was so tender it could be cut with a fork. YUM.

Cajun - glad you had a good weekend! Sounds productive, for sure...

I’m at work, even though SO MANY people are off today. I think it’s just mean! LOL

Time for lunch! Hope you’re all having a good Monday!
Closed Thread