Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi Chick, and sorry to hear about the side effects of your med. Sometimes what they prescribe for us does more harm that good!

Have you considered natural supplements to help with your symptoms? Black Cohosh has been used for hundreds of years for menopausal symptoms, and Melatonin or Valerian can help with sleep issues. Or you could just take a small dose antihistamine which is what they use in most over the counter sleep aids anyway.

Whatever you do, stick with your healthy eating plan!

Andi
Old 06-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #302  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

S/C/G: 248/tracker/158

Height: 5'7"

Chickadee - I use bio-identical hormones, in cream form and they REALLY work! What I use are Progesterone cream and Bi-estra (2 forms of bio-identical estrogen). The brand I use is Life-Flo. Check it out. You can get at Amazon and a number of places on the web!

I am STOKED! 225.6 this morning. The scales are moving for me, FINALLY! that's 2 lb.s in 2 days! WOW! I am taking a product called Plexus Slim (started sunday) and eating no more than 900 calories. I was stalled at 1200 calories and GAINED weight at 1400!!!

Also, I KICKED BUTT at the gym this morning. I cried most of yesterday and this morning and then decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and go to the gym. I did 1.83 miles/35 minutes. A new record for me!

I was crying because yesterday was my 10 year old. grandson's birthday and I am not allowed to call him or contact him because of astrangment with my daughter....sigh...when his daddy get's him next week I'll get to see him and give him his present. It makes me so sad to think that my adored grandchildren may think that I don't love them.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Cincorn -- SO HAPPY about getting off your stall. Sounds like you needed good news on one front. So sorry that you are going through family issues especially with grandkids involved. Kids are pretty smart when it comes to knowing who loves them. Can't imagine the hurt I would feel in a similar situation. Sounds like you're dealing with it -- know it's hard!

For some reason this feels like Saturday.......guess that means I got an extra day this week! Off to get some work done and wait for the kids to return in the RV. I'm eager to hear from the boys how they liked the vacation. And eager to see the grown kids and how they liked spending a week in a small RV with two little ones.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #304  

Hi everyone - 2nd day on diet, first day on forum. I went to my Dr. on Wednesday and am Pre-diabetic and have bad cholesterol. I was a runner for over 20 years (anything from 10K's to Marathons). I was always in shape and now look at myself at 54 and am depressed and disgusted. I went through a divorce 3 years ago and have sat around feeling sorry for myself. I am probably 215 lbs and need to be realistically no more than 150 lbs. HELP!!! I just started walking and am trying to eat Fruits, Veggies, Salmon, Chicken and I find Chia seeds are great. I still have to weigh myself - I'll do it tomorrow morning when I wake up. I can't keep running from reality!

I am glad you are all here!

Leslie
Old 06-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #305  

Welcome, Leslie. And you'll definitely find the support you need with this group. It sounds like you're making all the right choices. And we all look back and wonder where our old bodies went.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #306  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

Leslie! You will find a lot of help and motivation here!

I gained back a little weight over my anniversary weekend. I ate "regular" food though I did practice portion control. I had a BIG margarita though with my Tex-Mex! The scales rewarded me with a 1 lb gain. Sigh......

226.4 this morning. Going to hit it hard at the gym this morning.

Losing weight after age 50 is not for sissies!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #307  

Cincorn -- losing weight at age 50 is not for sissies???? Heck, nothing at age 50 is for sissies! Good thing that mentally/emotionally, I'm much more able to just go with the flow of things because I've been through everything once.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #308  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Hello all
I haven't been here for a while partly because my life has been a daily battle with major life stresses and partly because I just can't seem to lose weight and feel I have nothing to contribute. My only progress is that my comfort eating is far more under control and I am able to start living with my "danger foods" which I used to binge on. Now I include them in my meals in small portions and if I eat outside mealtimes I am no longer in this vicious cycle of self-discipline, feeling deprived, binge. That is going. I am the same weight for now, but am cautiously hopeful for the future. I think now I can eat more realistic portions when under stress at least I won't gain weight.
Well I hope you are all doing well. x
Old 07-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #309  

Muse17 -- Living with your trigger foods and being able to incorporate them is huge. I'd say that's a whole lot to contribute. I'm still losing weight, but if one of my trigger foods makes an appearance, it not only gets incorporated, but it becomes my entire focus. That's a great success.

I'm off to the gym soon and then will do some yard work now that it's cooled off enough to be outside again. I'm hoping to get another 2 pounds off this week to finally hit another mini-goal. The first 50 I got off in a little over 4 months. The next goal was only 11 more pounds and I'm in month 3 of getting there. What's even more irritating is that I will have actually lost 31 pounds because I gained and lost the same 10 twice. Seem to be back on track, but irritated with myself over that one.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #310  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

Good morning! Just a quick note this morning to say I am losing again! 224.6 Yay! I'm getting ready to go on a 4 day camping trip...cross your fingers and wish me luck on staying on track!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #311  

Cincorn -- WOW! You definitely seem to be in the zone right now. Good luck with the camping. I like being able to take my own food when I'm camping, so hopefully even with a few little extra treats, it will turn out to be a great camping trip.

Not much new here. I continue on my mission to get my house -- inside and out -- whipped back into shape. It's happening slowly, but it's happening!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 224/214/140

I too am trying to lose weight to get healthy and be at goal by this time next year. Mini goal by mini goal.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #313  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

Good morning lovely ladies!

I'm back from 4 days camping at the Lake. I had a blast but I did gain 1 lb., weighing in this morning at 225.6. Actually, I'm pretty happy it wasn't worse! I did drink 12 beers over the course of the 4 days and I over-ate one day too.

I'm back on track today! I'm going to the gym this morning and start hitting it again!!! I have my cousin's weekend this coming weekend so I probably will be off plan again, but this time only 2 days...

Muse, hang out with us, we like having your here. Don't say you don't have anything to contribute! Not true!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #314  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I've been heading back to intermittent fasting. Well, I keep shooting for it, but have a hard time sticking to my efforts when the boys are home for the summer. So much time in the kitchen or eating out!

And yet, this morning I had to work, so I chose not to eat breakfast, I did a morning Pilates class and now I feel pretty good. Hoping to hold out till 2 or 3, then have a good-sized salad with tomatoes and tuna for a late lunch. That'll be a 16-hour fast since last night, then I'll shoot for a 24-hour fast after that. I'm trying to reduce how much I eat and have found this method to be most effective for me. And besides, it's too hot to cook!

The main focus for the fasting is that I've been indulging in foods that are not good for me this summer. They make me feel terrible! Once I detox of soy and grains, I'll feel better.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #315  
BBP

S/C/G: 225/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi Georgia,
I too find that IF is the easiest way to reduce the amount of food I eat. I fell off the wagon for a few days...I just can't diet when I am out on the boat...not enough ice box space for veggies, etc, but now that I am home again I am back at it. Keep us posted on how it goes.
Cincorn, I think that's a good number for post camping!
Closed Thread