Old 05-17-2005, 12:55 PM   #1  

Default Mom's Losing Weight MAY

Please join us if you are a mom who knows how hard it is to lose weight. We will hold each other's hand and laugh and cry together here. We will do this! It may take some time and that's ok as long as we stick together and support each other!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #2  

Hey, Mel. It's good to see you around. I think all of us are doing a bit cruddy lately (or maybe I'm just projecting? )

I have someone here trying to fix my cable for the second day in a row. Hopefully it will work this time, but my connection keeps going up and down while they work on it.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:48 PM   #3  

Hi,
My name is Jessica I am a stay at home mom. I need to lose 75 to 100 pounds. I have 2 boys 4 and 6 yr olds and a great husband of 8 yrs. I am 26 yrs old. I started monday but I need some major support and advice. Any suggestions would be great on losing weight and staying motovated.Looks like a great group to join in on. Have a great night!!
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:27 AM   #4  

Hi, Jessica. I moved about a year and a half ago to PA from near Columbus, Ohio, and I still miss living in Ohio. The best thing I've found for staying motivated is having a workout I actually enjoy, which for me couldn't be traditional aerobics. I experiment with all sorts of things, and lately I'm hooked on belly dancing. This is a great group of women so I'm sure you'll find lots of support.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:15 AM   #5  

welcome Jessica!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:24 PM   #6  

Thanks for the nice welcomes. I am trying hard to lose weight but it is so hard and at night I get so hungry.
Michelle >>> So neat you lived near me I am from Bucyrus Ohio. Nice to meet u hope to get to know you more.
Nice to meet you to melissa hope you get to know you better and any advice on weightloss I am all ears.
Have a great Day!!
Hugs
Old 05-18-2005, 03:47 PM   #7  

Hi my name is Sherry I'm a stay at home mom to my stepson (11) and my son (2). I'm looking to lose about 110 pounds. I have been overweight since I was in the 2nd grade and have tried to lose weight but have failed everytime. I now need to lose weight since I have been told by my fertility doctor that I have PCOS, DH and I want another child but our insurance won't cover the fertility doctor for infertility treatments so our next choice is to go natural. Which means I really need to lose weight. I'm hopeing that I can get the support I need from these boards and hopefully make a few friends. I also need a clue as how to start .
Skysthelimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:50 PM   #8  

HI Sherry sorry to here your insurance wont cover that. Its upsetting sometimes what they wont cover. You can do it . I do lowfat 1200 cal and under 30 fat. I exercise well I have been doing the trampoline outside. Wow it gets your heart pumpin lol. Plus my kids love me playing on it with them. Well they cant jump when i do or they will go flying off ha ha. I have 2 kids Anthony is 6 will be 7 in July and bryan is 4 Just turned in March.
It was nice to meet you and I hope I get to know you better.
Hugs
Old 05-18-2005, 11:38 PM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Mel...Hi CHelle....Welcome Jessica...Welcome Sherry! I forgot to check in yesterday...don't whip me. Just been busy busy busy. Actually yesterday, I took my mom to a my rheumatologist and had her checked out...FINALLY! He's 99% sure she has Rheumatoid Arthritis like me. She's can't straighten her arms, legs, fingers, and hands at all anymore. Her one knee is swollen and so full of fluid that it's 2 times the size of her other leg. Every joint he touched was tender and excruciating for her. I wish I could have gotten her to go in earlier...but I begged and pleaded and just kept up with it until she agreed. We got the x-rays done and tomorrow she gets all her blood work done to see what exactly we are dealing with. If it is indeed RA, he said he's going to put her on Methotrexate like me.

Anyhow...To Jessica and Sherry, Hi, my name is Chris. I'm a stay at home mom with 3 girls. Tiana is 11. Kayla just turned 6. Nicole is 2 1/2. I work part time for my dad. He has a candy warehouse...go figure where alot of my weight came from. I have RA as I said in the above paragraph. Live in Montana and have done WW and South Beach and now am kind of following SB again along with a twist on the Oprah Bootcamp program. I've lost 29 lbs. since May of 2004 and want to lose 39 more. I'm sick of the granny panties and the ugly clothes. I want to wear something hip and trendy...(as long as its t-shirts and jeans though.... )

Must go. I have Nicole in the bathtub and she needs her hair washed. She's sitting in there with 10 little Barbie and Bratz bodies floating around her. KInd of like a scene out of Titanic. Bizarre child.

TTFN,
chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:09 AM   #10  

Hello Chris nice to meet you. I have 2 boys and mine also like lots of toys in bath tub LOL. Your stats look great 29 pounds fantastic!! Well better go.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:33 AM   #11  

Welcome, Sherry. You'll find a lot of support in this group. I've decided that if I do have another child, I want my weight now to be my maximum weight, not my starting!

Jessica- you probably want more than 1200 calories. I started out doing that and dropped quite a bit quickly, but then I hit a plateau that just wouldn't budge. Plus I noticed I was more likely to become suddenly starving and binge. Of course, if it worked for me like it's obviously working for you, I probably wouldn't be willing to change. If you get stuck though, consider upping your calories to at least 1400-1500.

Chris- I practically bribe my kid to take quick baths these days. I start a bath shortly before something she wants to watch on tv comes on or else I end up in there with her forever!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:51 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Jessica,
I also did the plateau thing from going to low with my calorie intake. When I upped it a couple hundred calories, the weight started coming off again. I am desperate to get the rest of this weight off of me. I want to prove to myself that I can do it and it is possible.

Gotta check on the kiddies. Hi Chelle...how's your day going? I haven't bribed anybody for short baths yet, but I am starting the bribery for the potty training. I told Nicole if she can keep her panties on and dry and keep it up and be a good girl, I would buy her a big toy. I think I'll make a chart and get some stars she can stick on it so she can see how well she is doing. I am sick of buying pullups. Those buggers get expensive. If I can save myself 60-70 bucks a week, I'm there baby!

~gotta go. DH called and wants some sandwiches to take with him for lunch. TTFN

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:04 PM   #13  

Hi everyone,
Michelle>> Yes I have read to make sure you get enough calories in so I thought I would take your advice and up it to 1500 to 1700. Aim towards that. You are very helpful .Thanks
Chris>>> You are doing great I am so desperate to get below 200.I am going to try so hard. I have never done ww before you like it? I need a more schduled eating plan.
I have had for today so far.
Oatmeal 140 cals
Bread 140 cals
Turkey 60 cals
Regular swiss chesse 70 cals
2 pickels 40 cals
doing good so far I am going grocery shopping tonight for some more healthy stuff.
Well have a great Day everyone.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:39 PM   #14  
Jeniqua

Hello everyone!! I sure have missed you all! Now that things have settled down on my end I am ready to give you ladies an update..The kids and I are settled in our new apartment. My husband and I are still seperated but are now on talking terms. He takes the kids every other weekend(via court ordered). We have joint custody with me having physical custody of the kids. I Love my new job sooo much!! I am an Resident companion at a nursing home. On June 20th I will be starting my trianing to be a Certified Nurses Aide! I'm really looking forward to it. Since I already work there they will be paying me while I am in training!! I don't have my license but I have finally signed up for my road test!! I will be taking that on June 9th at 2pm after I get out of work(excited and nervous). My sister is giving me her car which is in excellent condition. She just got a new car, so it's all mine and just waiting for me to pass the road test! The best part of all is that with all that has been going on that I am at 154!!! My job requires me to be on my feet the whole time I am working, plus right now I have to walk 2 miles every morning to catch the bus. I am getting exercise in everyday! I am also making healthy eating choices. I am back on the wagon and ready to see this weight come off.

Hello Sherry and Jessica! My name is Jeniqua. I am a 28 year old mother to 3 children, Jasmine 6, Juliesa 4 and JT 3. I live in Upstate NY. I am looking forward to getting to know the both of you!

Mel and Chris~ Hey Girls!! It's soo great to be back. Where has everyone been?? Mel are you still staying active? How are you doing Chris?

I better go to be. 5am will be here before I know it. Again, I am so glad to be back! Nite ladies...
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:11 AM   #15  

Jeniqua - It's great to hear things are working out so well for you now. I'm terribly jealous that you are losing weight, but you deserve it with all that hard work!

Chris - I think I bribed Sage to be potty trained too Of course, the only thing I really remember was for an entire weekend setting a timer for ever 30 minutes and making her try to use the bathroom whether she thought she needed to or not. Then I didn't let her have anything to drink past a certain time at the end of the night. Fortunately, by the end of that weekend she was fully potty trained and never had an accident after it.

Jessica - I did WW about 3 years ago and lost 50 pounds. What I liked about it was that it told me how many calories to eat, but that nothing was forbidden. Plus since I did it online, there were a few recipes on the site that I ended up using that even my little girl loved. I didn't do it this time around because I ended up spending a lot of money monthly and not sticking with it. Plus I realized that with programs like Fitday (or other similar programs), I can track my calories, the nutritional balance of what I'm eating, and how much I burn with exercise. Since that was mainly what I used WW for and I didn't have to pay a monthly fee, it had the same effect for me. I think the toughest part (for me at least) is journaling every day and being honest about portion sizes and every bite that goes into your mouth.

I managed to exercise yesterday (although my lapse was definitely showing since I couldn't make it through the whole DVD), and I plan to do it again today in a little bit. Of course, I also have to do laundry, pack for the weekend, clean up the place a bit, and run to UPS to drop off stuff. It would be so much easier to diet if life stopped interfering