Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #331  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Well Betsy, Spank was HILARIOUS! The audience was mostly middle-aged women. What a sisterhood! I did manage to stick to my guns with just one vodka and soda. And I kept the appetizers to a minimum. I'm back down a pound since Sunday.

It is really lovely in Central CA tonight. Unseasonably cool. But I'm bracing for temps over 100 by the weekend. Next week I am off work, so I'm not sure about what I'm going to do about my workouts. I will very likely sneak back to the studio to enjoy the free a/c and knock out an hour or two of exercise on my own every day. I have a body sculpting routine that I might start. And I can spend a bit more time working on my range of movement. Parts of my body are far too tight, in all the wrong ways!

And naps! I need to take some naps!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #332  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

S/C/G: 248/tracker/158

Height: 5'7"

Good morning chickadees (and chilibean and jollyjude)
I'm back from my vacation at the beach. I stepped on the scales yesterday and almost cried. I weighed 225.4 (up from 222.2 before vacation). This morning is better, 224.0 but still, I'm kicking myself for undoing a week of hard work in just 3 days!
I haven't been to the gym in a whole week so I'm headed there shortly. Maybe I'll feel better after a workout.
Mad at myself! I'm not going to change my ticker unless I am still over 222 by friday!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. It's an absolutely gorgeous day here in the NW after having a hot and humid day yesterday. We don't do hot or humid up here very well!

Jollyjude -- Your cinnamon buns evidently really made an impression on me. When I read about it yesterday, it dawned on me that I needed cinnamon and put it on my grocery list -- I add it to my coffee beans each morning. Well, when I got to Costco, I realized I had written down cinnamon buns.

Welcome Chilibean. Hope you enjoy the thread as much as I do!

Georgia -- So glad you had a great time at Spank. It sounds like the audience just enhanced the whole experience! Good for you for sticking to your plan on drinks and appetizers -- not easy to do! Enjoy your week off and definitely work in those naps......along with the time in the A/C.

Cincorn -- Don't worry about changing your ticker. It will help to motivate you to get back down to where you are going to be. Your quote -- Fall 7 times, Get up 8 -- always brings a smile to my face both for its humor and its inspiration. Those three pounds will come back off -- you're doing great!

It's fruit season up here. We've gone through the strawberries and raspberries are coming to an end. The blueberries are beginning to come in and blackberries are plentiful. They grow wild around here -- considered basically a weed -- so I go pick them and freeze them. The peaches from the eastern side of the Cascades are starting to come in and cherries are still widely available. So, getting in my 5 servings of fruits and veggies is no problem. I bought a flat each of raspberries and blackberries yesterday and made sugar free freezer jam. It's so easy -- mix the pectin with a sugar substitute and add in crushed fruit and pour into jars. And the whole family loves it, so I'll be making more......jars keeping disappearing out of the freezer when the kids do their pantry shopping. They're 42 and 37, but they still sneak into my pantry and come out holding a few items with the same sheepish grin on their faces as when they were kids. Or littler kids!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #334  

Default Hello Girls

I am also a newbie, though I've used this sight for answers to my questions several times before. I wanted to say that I've seen sites that show seated exercises online, as well as ones that can be done while sitting on the couch. I have a recumbent bike and an elliptical, and I've been an exerciser forever. It has not made me thin. But what the exercise has done is helped with my anxiety issues. I know many of us either cannot exercise, or loathe doing it. Just wanted to put my two cents in by adding that exercise can be a comfort to a troubled soul. I wish you all peace and serenity.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #335  

I'm new to this board - will be 58 in Sept. I have been dieting practically all my life and lost and gained hundreds of pounds LOL! This time I really need to lose and keep off the weight. My knee is really bad and I am tired of being tired!! I have been doing Weight Watchers (just the old simple points) and am down to the lowest weight I have been in 20 years, I am now 200 and just WAITING for Onederland to get here LOL! I have been reading 3FC for awhile now and finally decided I needed to post and keep myself accountable.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #336  

TerriMarie -- Welcome. And, I agree that exercise can help us emotionally as well as physically. I hate going to the gym, but I'm doing it now so that I can eventually go hiking and bike riding and just enjoy doing things again.

ShowChineseCresteds -- Welcome. I'm 63 and we have parallel life stories......except for the fact that you're a hundred pounds lighter.

Just got a phone call so have to go. Have a great day all. I'm off to Yoga and then will clean the house......move, move, move

Last edited by betsy2013; 07-22-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #337  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

S/C/G: 248/tracker/158

Good morning Chicks! The reason I have been absent this thread is because I have been in the hospital for acute pancreatitis from July 18th through the 23rd (yesterday). Now I've had some serious pain (I thought) with health conditions previously----but I did not know such excruciating pain existed outside torture camps

Anyway, I had nothing but iv fluids, morphine, ice chips for 4 days, then a day of liquid diet and one of low fat before coming home yesterday, so it's no wonder I weigh 220.4 today. Actually, I still have some swelling in my upper abdomen so when it all subsides I suspect I'll be in the 2teens. I have to go back next friday for more CT scan to see if the inflammation has gone and make sure there is isn't a lot of necrotic tissue. My doctor has no idea why I had this.

Here is where I need advise. My doctor wants me to be on a low fat diet and I have been doing low carb so I am really going to have to switch gears here. I think I'm going to re-read Joel Fuhrman's Eat to Live. I know that is low fat and very nutrient based. Anyone have any low fat tips?

I could also use your prayers chicks. The doctor is also checking my pancreas again because they "saw something" in it from tests in hospital but with all the inflammation cannot tell what it is. Of course my mind has raced ahead to pancreatic cancer.

Last edited by cincorn; 07-24-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #338  

Cincorn -- OMG, you've been through the wringer in so many different ways. I'm glad you're home again, but what an ordeal. Of course you'll be in my prayers and hopefully you'll be able to get this managed quickly. I just googled pancreatitis and your course of treatment follows the standards. One thing it suggested was to get referred to a nutritionist who can help with establishing a low fat diet. And you're right -- it will be a big switch from low carb. If you can get a referral, I'd ask about a low fat diet that will also help with maintaining your weight loss.

I was going to gripe about my arthritic knees hurting a lot from yoga, but I think you may have helped me put that in perspective, Cincorn. I'm not dismissing it as a nothing because they hurt all the time, but it's pain that I can manage and bear and will improve if I keep losing the weight.

Off to the gym and to do yoga and to fold laundry and to empty the dishwasher and to take a walk, etc., etc., etc.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #339  

51 and just joined yesterday we are alot alike even our weight and goal are the same. We can do this.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #340  

S/C/G: HW:276 Restart 242.6/148.2/140

OOH Cincorn, So sorry to hear what you had to go through - that is NOT a good way to lose weight. You are in my prayers, and I hope that you are able to think positive until and unless you hear otherwise.

I have been eating low carb, and somehow I end up low fat as well, most of the time. I grill or bake my meats, and tend to stick to mostly fish, chicken breast, and really lean cuts of others. I steam most of my veggies, or eat them raw (which I actually prefer), and when I have salad is when I will have fat, but I have a spritzer, and just lightly spritz it with olive oil, and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.

Betsy - I have bad knees as well, but I know what you mean about how that doesn't seem so bad now.

Well, I am off to the garden to pick my raspberries, they are just staring here, and I am going to have a ton of them
Old 07-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #341  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Cincorn Praying for you!
Old 07-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #342  

Default Depressed about not losing

I just joined this group as I need some advice. I am 57, post menopausal, trying to lose 20 lbs. I know that sounds easy but I weigh more now than I have ever weighed and I cannot get the weight to come off. I am eating clean, 1200 calories per day and exercising 30-40 minutes on bike per day. I should be losing. I have been on this pattern for over 30 days and have lost two pounds. Ready to throw in the towel.
I had radiation treatments for two months in February and march and still feel tired from that so exercise is a chore. Not on any medications.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 333.5/306.5/200

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

Just wanted to stop by and welcome all the new ones here.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #344  

@cincorn, I definitely feel for you having to go through all that, but the good news is you're here with us which is a great sign that you are going to be just fine !!! That photo of you smiling is enough to push away any negativity in your life whether it be weight, health issues, etc.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #345  
Scood

S/C/G: 71.4 kilos

Height: 5.2. Ft

Unhappy Loosing at 65

I find it difficult to stay motivated, because my husband eats all the rubbish under the sun

I start off ok, then by 4pm I m off the wagon again, working shift work does not help because your meals vary. I don't eat the amount I should and end up eating whatever when I am

I'm my own worst enemy, anyone in the same position:

Scood
Closed Thread