Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #241  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Thumbs up Good evening

Great I'm glad you can enjoy the water, swimming or not.
I was having a good day diet wise, but had bought 6 low calorie berry yoghurts, but ate all of them by the end of the day!!!
I have such an addiction to sugar and food, maybe damage limitation is what I need. I have had to rest the past two days because my back was hurting so much but tomorrow back to being more active and not buying anything in bulk with sugar!
Good luck with your slimming and let us all develop a winning attitude even when things don't go our way. take care x
Old 05-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #242  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Oh Cincorn... I am sooooo very sorry that your daughter is that way with everyone and that there is nothing anyone can do. She sounds like a friend of mine who nothing you can say to them, they will listen too unless its flattery... or if they need something... I have learned to work around it as much as I can... but they are a friend and not a family member. Just remember that YOU are a good person and nothing she says to any other family member will change their minds about you as they KNOW YOU and know that she is trying to cause trouble. What would happen if everyone in the family stopped talking to her? I know that sounds horrible... but would that wake her up? I hope?!.....

Anyway I send hugs and hugs and say a prayer for you and for you to have the strength you need to keep strong and be content with yourself (and well too... gosh... health troubles do not help any....)

I wish you wonderful and lovely dreams tonight!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #243  
Sue finding inner song

Muse I hope you are doing aok.. and that the pain is not too bad anymore.. I am glad that you mainly survived the weekend... I hope that next time you house sit... that your friend has stocked up on the food you want to eat.... and your X.... Remember... YOU are in control of YOU.. Noone else is... I know that past loved ones have a part of our soul...and its hard to not let them get to us.... just keep telling yourself.. YOU are in control of YOU!

I am sorry... I am being alittle preachy tonight... I appologize... I just want you to get happy.... truly happy..
Old 05-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #244  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

S/C/G: 248/tracker/158

Height: 5'7"

Thanks wannaskipandlaugh! She doesn't speak to me or her sister. Her dad is the only one and it was evident he was very unhappy with her when she set me up on mother's day. He invited her (he tries to be peacemaker and he doesn't really understand that there is no reasoning with her) over and she said yes a full week before mother's day. He was cooking for all us moms (me and the daughters) 1 hour before they were supposed to show up she made up a story about car trouble but that he could come get the kids for a couple of hours. Hubby went and picked up the grandkids and his attitude let her know he wasn't happy. When he got home with the kids she was texting him that her new husband wouldn't come over because he was uncomfortable around me with the way I had treated her. She then tried to bring up ever slight or thing she thought I had done wrong to her in the past 4 years to him. She want's to keep him "on her side" and has tried to drive a wedge between us for the last few years. She goads me into arguing with her (don't EVER do that with someone with personality disorder! and yes, into saying things I shouldn't, or at least at first I did. I haven't taken the bait for a couple of years but strangely that actually seems to make it worse! We all have our crosses to bear in this life. I've turned it over to God and continue to pray for her.

Muse, I totally understand the sweet tooth! I have a raging one and have to get sugar totally out of my system (actually any simple carbs!) or I'm just ravished all the time and wanting to eat high calorie junk food constantly. What a strange phenomenon of the friend sabatoging your diet with junk food. And doing it to her own overweight daughter? I just don't understand it. I hope your back is better soon! I have back issues too---deg. disc disease and spondylitis. It's the worse pain ever..you can't understand it unless you've suffered with that pain.

I'm counting down to Vegas Baby!

Last edited by cincorn; 05-28-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #245  
Sue finding inner song

Cincorn... You have put your trust into the correct person. Lets hope God can get thru to her too.... I am so sorry.. even more so of all the hurt that this has caused your family.... To you

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 05-28-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #246  
BBP

S/C/G: 225/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
I fell off the wagon for a few days. But I have 3 months before our sailing vacation, and I want to get some of this weight off before then, so I am starting a 13 week BLITZ...whatever that means I think that 20 pounds in 13 weeks should be realistic.
Welcome Georgia! I enjoyed your post. I can relate to your struggle with this aging stuff. I also love my "wisdom", and the fact that I can just leave all the consumerism , media garbage behind. But I am a little vain, and don't really like my turkey chin. or my baby pouch.
Muse, I felt for you during your house sitting. I have to ask, is this something you have to do? Does your friend have anyone else that could house sit? it just sounded so miserable. If you do feel obligated, then I would be really honest with your friend, and say you would be happy to house sit as long as the house is not filled with unhealthy foods. Just my two cents worth.
Cincorn, I am so sorry for your troubles with your daughter. Personality disorders are so frustrating. You need to stop beating yourself up. It was nothing you did. It just is. And you are coping well. And it is smart to read and study the disorder to best prepare to deal with the behaviors. But I think the very best thing to do is to carve out your own life, which you are doing. Stay strong. perhaps one day your daughter will gain the maturity to seek out help for her illness. A good therapist and cognitive behavioral therapy could go a long way in helping her learn to communicate more appropriately. In the meantime, I think you are doing all you can do. And prayer is always right.
Hi to everyone else as well. I shall now muster up the motivation for my blitz
Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #247  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Still swamped and working 16 hours days...just coming up for air. I have remained true to my diet, but my exercise is a thing of the past. I just sit all day at a computer...no choice in the matter right now. I miss my walks, and I hope to be back to them soon. On the plus side, the scales moved down another lb. this morning. Let's hope it sticks.

Good luck with your blitz BBP. I think 20 lbs in your timeframe is reasonable.

Muse, I too have a sweet tooth. I'm finding it is satisfied these days by putting Crystal Light in my water...don't know if you have that in the UK, but it's a liquid that you squirt in your water and it gives the water a sweet flavor. It makes me drink a lot more water too.

Sorry about your relationship with your daughter, Cincorn. That doesn't sound like fun.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:37 AM   #248  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

S/C/G: 248/tracker/158

Height: 5'7"

Good morning lovely ladies!

I had all those cardiac tests yesterday. OMG! Don't ever, every have a cardiac PET scan! After the test I felt awful! My head felt like it would explode, I was wobbly, shaky, nausea and they just sat me in a room and left me. They brought me a diet coke because they said caffeine would counteract the IV meds and I would feel better. I didn't. I started feeling worse but then they came and got me for another test. This one wasn't bad but I was still so sick. The girl said she saw a lot of people get sick like this. I was wondering how I was going to drive home...still felt so woozy and awful. I got out in the parking lot to my car, got in and turned on the ignition and then got out and started vomitting. A lady in the parking lot came over and told me I shouldn't drive and took me back inside. They then laid me down and gave me a pill, theophylline to counteract the iv meds. The anesthesiologist said did you tell them you felt this way after you got off the table? I said yes and he just shook his head. He said if they had told him he could have given me the pill immediately. Then I waited a while until the pill kicked in (luckily I kept it down!) and have no idea how I got home with a blinding headache and feeling so woozy but managed it. They should warn you how awful that test is and give you the "antidote" right away IMO!
BBP - I'm rooting for you! I believe you can lose 20 lbs. in 13 weeks!
Tuscany - that work pace is brutal! I hope that let's up for you. I've worked 16 hr. shifts in nursing many times (in my younger days) and it was brutal!
Muse I hope your back is feeling better...I know how depressing it is to have chronic pain and how that is a major obstacle to eating right and losing weight!
wannaskipandlaugh Thanks for your kind words. Your inner beauty and concern shine through in your posts here.

I'm weighing 230.6 today, up slightly from 230.4...and I didn't eat hardly ANYTHING because I was so sick until about 3pm. Then I had a slice of cheese and low carb cracker and coffee. I had 1 1/2 enchiladas with low carb tortilla last night and that is it! I remember being sick before and unable to eat much and not being able to lose weight until I could eat a little more. Sigh....I was hoping to be down another 5 lbs. before Vegas, but.....it is what it is.....
Old 05-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #249  
Sue finding inner song

Cincorn... I am so sorry about all the chemicals that made you ill and in pain from your tests.. .That was really horrible of the nurses to not realize that you needed that pill to counteract the side affects as it could have made you feel better MUCH sooner!!! I am hoping that you have a really good nights sleep and feel like a million bucks in the morning...

Vegas is coming up for you and you will have a great time and I am sure you will be down in weight. But more important you are going to have a GREAT time! to you and feel better!

Muse... are you hanging in there? Feeling better with less pain (I am so sorry) and NO MORE phone calls from the ex? if so.... just enjoy them and say whatever in your head!

Tuscany wow you are working alot. Where do you get the strength? and how the heck do you stay awake? I know that patients are demanding but still you have to keep your mind awake and alert... WOW you are something

BBP I like your Blitz oh yeah baby... I am so motivated to lose some major weight too... I have given up shelled salted peanutes (my only snack) and I hope that that does it for me.. I HOPE you lose even more than 20+++
Old 06-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 178/135

Height: 5'4

Ok I'm jumping in! I have read this entire thread today (because I had too many cucumber vodkas last night) and I feel like I know you all. I'm going to be 58 next month. I had never had a weight problem until I was 44 and had stage two breast cancer. The tx and meds thru me into early menopause and it has not been pretty! BC (before cancer) I walked five miles every day and rarely ate sweets or carbs. Now I do little and crave food period. I'm tired of it. Soooooo I'll be checking in and reporting and praying and maybe a little helping. Hope my odd humor fits!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #251  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Sorry you had so much trouble with your tests Cincorn, but at least they're now done with and you can look forward to Las Vegas.

Hi wannaskip...you're always so cheerful!

My working hours are the norm for me...not all the time of course, but it's not unusual for me to go 14-16 hours a day, 7 days a weeks for a few weeks at a time. It happens at least a half dozen times a year. In fact, these heavy work times are the main reason I have a weight problem! In the past, whenever these times would come along, I would just grab whatever was quick...fast food on the way home from work, order in a pizza, etc...Combine that with no time to exercise and it's not hard to put on 5 or 10 lbs. each year, and those 5 or 10 lbs add up over the years. This time around, I've continued to eat healthy, even though it takes a bit longer to cook something. I still haven't had time to exercise, but at least I haven't gained anything this week.

On the plus side, I'll be reasonably busy for a few more weeks (although not as bad as the past week) and then I will be off on an extended vacation for almost 3 months....yeah! I won't be going anywhere until September, but I will be spending my time off doing what I can to get fit: swimming, hiking, biking, walking, etc. I can't wait!

Welcome Waterlily! Battling breast cancer must have been scary, but I'm glad you're ok. I can see how early menopause could result in weight issues. What's your plan to lose? Are you on a specific diet or exercise program or are you just eating less and trying to stick to healthy foods?
Old 06-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 178/135

Height: 5'4

No plan yet, just trying to locate me right now. There have been a lot of life changes in the last 1-2 years, soooooo the plan is a work in progress anyway I'm expecting progress. Thanks for the welcome.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #253  
Sue finding inner song

Waterlilly Quirky humor is desired here!!! I am glad that you got thru that horrible BC and are doing well and HEALTHY!!! Getting into Menopause (or past it in my case) does slow weight loss down alot.. but because we are older we have patience (YEAH,.... NOT!) but its the way it is... (maybe not for you and that would be very nice!)

Tuscany... 3 months off.. its like a Summer School time off. That is really neat.. Gives you time to work on projects (and youself) and go places etc... That is neat... But you are paying the price by all the OT you are working to get there...

Cincorn.. Hope you have a GRRRRRRREAAAAATTTT T time n Vegas Baby!

I am in my week (almost done with it) that no matter what I do.. I don't lose very much... and it does get to me and gets in my head... and I read anything and everything positive that I can to get past it and know that the next week will be a good "loss scale wise" week. Just gotta get there, Patience Patience Patience lol

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 06-03-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #254  
BBP

S/C/G: 225/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday,
Cincorn, your ordeal must have been awful. Hope you are feeling better now.
Wannaskipandlaugh, thanks so much for your encouragement. You are always so positive. I need some of that to rub off on me.
Muse, how are you?
Waterlilly, welcome!
I spent yesterday studying up on Intermittant fasting. the science behind it makes sense. I am not going to go overboard, but the 16/8 plan sounds good for me. Yesterday I ate between 9:30am and 6pm- just sensible real food. I was pretty hungry during the night, but managed to sleep ok. Today I am oing to try 10am- 6pm.. I will keep you posted on my progress. It is 8:45am and I am not too hungry. I did have a cup of coffee.
Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies, My name is Wilma and I am 53 years young. I lost weight in the past but have gained it all back + some. Would you mind if I join your group here?

I have a heart condition, that is hard on me at times, and I know that I would feel much better if I could get some of this excess weight off. I have also had a lot of stress this year with losing my Mom, getting ready to move later this year etc.

I am going to do calorie counting again as it worked well for me last time I lost weight, and also walking as I have to be carefull with some exercise as if my heart rate gets to high my heart stops beating ( very scary for my hubby ) and my defibrilator goes off. I am so addicted to sugar and carbs but I can get past that. I love healthy food also so I will stick with the good carbs. I guess you could just say I love food. LOL.

Wilma
Closed Thread