Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #286  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick drive by this morning!

Gayle - I hope this new CPAP works better for you... maybe there was something "off" about the other one. Good thoughts! Sleeping is such a lovely thing to do!!

Rie - have fun this weekend, and do be a good girl.

Isabella - glad you're back!!

Marie - hope Blizzie is coping better. Pats to ALL pets!

KarenFL - I think your ds's present is really nice... good idea!

Nothing much to report. I'm glad it's Friday.

I don't have much of anything on the agenda for the weekend, and that's just fine with me! Everyone, later!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #287  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Mary, there is something nice about OR's no sales tax. When I am in Portland, I like shopping at Woodburn Outlets. They are fabulous!

Donna, TGIF! I love the graphic.

Rie, have the most excellent time in the mountains. I definitely think the adult weekend will do you good.
Marie
Old 08-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #288  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone...this is my catchall day. I'm caught up with regular housework but have a lot of miscl things to do today. May even do a little grocery shopping. I also want to start baking cookies and freezing them. Well, will see how much I actually get done. So far all I've done is take out the trash, clean the toilets and work out. I enjoy working out but feel like it takes a lot of time from my day...but I know, I know, I need it. :dizzy
Just found out we are also going to be babysitting our two local gk on the 30th so we will really have a full house with our son and his wife and three kids here! Should be fun. I think I'll probably sleep for about a week after they all leave. Got a text from my oldest dd who was here recently and she said it was great to be here. Made me feel good that things went well.

From 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle
Eating to feel better

When you're tired, stressed or physically ill food is often the first thing that comes to mind. It seems to provide a cure for most everything. Sometimes you really do need food. If you're tired because your body needs fuel, eating probably will make you feel better. But an energy drop doesn't always mean you need to eat. Ask yourself what else could be making you tired. Try doing deep breathing exercises, give your eyes a rest from the computer, or take a break from a task. Try something other than food FIRST and see if it takes care of the problem. Try moving, get some rest, distracting yourself.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #289  
Donna

Hola!

I found a website that lets me put captions on pictures. Isabella not only created a monster by teaching me how to embed pictures, but I'm further emboldened!! There's no stopping me now!! Hehehe (to quote KarenFL)....

Have a good weekend, everyone!!

Old 08-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Love it Donna!!! I will be having some fun with that too!! Everyone have a good weekend!!!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello goldies

I've been up since 3 am this morning. There was an explosion at the refinery that ds was working. He's ok but scared. He told me " momma I'm not scared of too many things in life but momma im scared to be here" it's not safe. He said they all want to pull out and come home. I'm so worried. Why is money more important than life these days. I told him noone should have to do something that is not safe. If they fire him for this. Oh well so be it. I bet his boss would never send his son. This is the 4 explosion. There have been many small fires. He's been there 1 week and he's already experienced a large fire and several small fires and this explosion. I'm waiting to hear what they are going to do.

Just wanted to vent. My feeling are all over the place this morning. Will post later when I know something.

Hugs cajun
Old 08-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

WOW! Cajun-- sorry to hear that your son is having to work in these conditions. It just isn't safe to be doing things like that. Maybe time to rethink what he is doing and what he wants. Just to scary and life is too short.

Donna-- I have no idea what happened to your picture! I thought that it was very cute and saw nothing wrong with it. Why don't you send a question to the mods and ask them why? Can't figure this one out!

Everyone have a good day. We are going to a cook out at my sisters with family. Should be about 20 of us and lots of fun! If it rains--- guess it will be a "cook in"! Glad that she has a big house!
Old 08-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #293  
Donna

Cajun - how scary for you and for your ds! I hope all goes well and that he's very, very safe!

My picture has disappeared. I didn't remove it.

Hope you all have a good Saturday. It looks and smells like Fall, and I couldn't be happier!

Maybe I should have said that I was close personal friends with the bunnies and that I wasn't making fun of them?
Old 08-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #294  
Donna

This recipe is compliments of AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes... there's also a complementary ribs recipe, just for balance. Sounds good!

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008...-crockpot.html

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008...-crockpot.html

Last edited by jess1; 08-25-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hi all....just sitting here watching updates on Iaasc...but they won't know much until it pops off Cuba . Darn doesn't that sound like a puppy? Pops off...sorry but blasts off might be more accurate. So I shopped this morning and got the usually bread and milk. Years of getting ready for snow storms bought same stuff.The computer models are sending it off the Fl coast and towards Cajun....But it is almost a full moon and moon tides run high and we could get alot of water in the canals....plus there is still water standing from ts Debbie weeks ago!

Oh Cajun I am so sorry to heard about your boy. I know how hard this is on you. If he's admitting to be scared it must really be scary because young men that age are fearless. He is in my prayers.

Can't believe the excitement of DS gift is done. It took me weeks of prep and it's done. Found it and ordered, waited for shipment, had them framed and waited, shipped and waited....Thats about 3 weeks. The funny thing is New Zeland just issued coins that are gold/silver with same turtle drawing by artist Andrey Kopyrin....so I saved mucho by not buying gold coins....ha.

If Iaasc screws up my orthopod appt Thurs I will personally fly up and salt his tail with iodine. Yes I will use my broom.

You all start thinking Fall...gesh it'll be 3 months before we can turn off the a/c. Think I'll cook a casserole dish for a couple of days dinners and then won't have to worry about losing power which as you've hear we do frequently...and we live 10 miles from the nuke plant. Paella?

BBL hugs all k3
Old 08-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 279/223/132

Height: 5'1"

Hi Goldies!
It's been a few days. My grandson is doing much better. I got to spend the day thursday with him and his little bro. A lot of fun-but repulled my back muscle-so had a couple days san exercise, Lost another pound this week. I've been so good with my calories-never over 1,450 in over 2 months now. I am proud of that-but heck I truelly was hoping for more loss this week. Yesterday early morning my DS kev pulled Penny and I out of bed for a trip to the river. I hadn't slept well the night before-but we had the park to ourselves on the lovely point and I sat to commune with nature in meditation as Kev took penny for an adventerous walk. She hadn't been to this spot before and just loved it. I was really glad he'd woke us early when as we left other cars pulled up and before we got home the rain poured down.
Karen3: All this rain this week has me thinking of you and Isaac.

Cajun! OMG! Now you really do need to get that boy home. Vent all you want. Prayers out for all those working there.

Karen 31: Have fun at your sisters. I'm trying over the next year or so to save enough to be able to go see my sisters, esp one that has early dementia.

Maryea: How nice of your DD to let you know you are appreciated fo your hospitality. You will deserve a week of sleep by the time they have all come and gone.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #297  

Height: 5'3"

We went to a Filipino Club convention this am. Dh was asked to be part of the honor guard/flag raising ...they were having trouble finding people who could still fit in their uniforms and he still can although the shirt was a little tight.
Since he was part of the ceremony, we were handed plates of food soon after we entered. I knew it would be hard to eat strictly lean meat and veggie but that was my hope. But no, it was ponsit (noodles with chicken and veggies), lumpia (sweet kind with banana rolled inside) and a small dessert (not typical leche plan but similar). I went in knowing it was only 3 hours since breakfast so I hoped to wait a while but the time was getting close to the ceremony so they were eating and the minute I walked in and smelled the food, I was hungry. It was all very yummy and I ended up eating it all..even though I knew I shouldn't have. My bs started out very high this morning anyway despite my low carb intake yesterday. The only thing I know is that I had a late snack last night. My bs was good at the time but I guess I should have just not had the snack or had a no-carb snack at least. I may have to accept that it is time for more medications but I'm going to keep trying until Nov.

Now, I have to go shopping..need groceries plus a few other things and also need to pickup up dh's gift. However I feel like taking a nap.

No time for personals right now, maybe later. Hope you all are having a good Sat.

Last edited by maryea; 08-25-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #298  

Just a ps.....We are now on TS watch which means possible tropical storm within 36 hours. But now calling for landfall between Mississippi-Alabama and Fl Pandhandle. Iaasc is practically running for a storm at 21mph. Has winds around 60mph.....batten down the hatches and bring in anything that can blow away. Did I ever tell you even our garden sheds have anchors? We are a getting a blast of rain this evening but not sure it from the storm or usual seawall storm...but over 1" so far. k3
Old 08-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #299  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

K3...what town do you live in? I need to know so I can bite my fingernails for you. How scary...AGAIN.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #300  

Bobbi not scary...just be patient and don't listen to the screaming tv fools....This is only a TS or #1 or #2 size hurricane. Any bigger and we're outta here for sure. This is normal summer hype for Florida. We are 60 miles North of Tampa which is the bottom of the Big Bend and kinda tucked in with some barrier islands out in the Gulf. Crystal River is small esp with snowbirds gone and everyone takes care of everyone. Been living on the water for past 30 yrs and every season I hear the weatherfools(thanks Donna for that name) scream you're gonna die....blah blah blah....House is brick with cinderblocks behind the brick and has gable roof which is better in wind and if the roof goes...yahoo we are needed a new in the next few years. We all know to have enough ice and water for 10 days. Heck living in town we have running water even without power. Now ladies that is a biggy. Actually when we were out 8 days we showered because the water tank in the garage kept the water tepid. It's 85 degree this time a year from the faucet and add hot garage....have batteries, battery fans, flashlights, kerosene lamps and candles, sterno for heating, bbq with gas for cooking, regular coffee pot for perking and 5 cases of bottled water....Come on down and we'll do hurricane shooters...that a shot of vodka with a broken toothpick. Oh and tons of ice. Need that for the shooters!

Oh and have a small generator to run the freezer....Will be off line because the generator has a pulse that eats pc's.....Just about every storm we lose power with palm fonds on the lines so am not missing just sitting here grumpy/bored. Oh just down loaded 6 more books on kindles for us....

Now with all this prep Iaasc with disappear....i hope...k3

Last edited by Karen3; 08-25-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Closed Thread