Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #181  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning, arm in a sling, wrenched from painting my closet ceiling? Everything is wearing out, #@$%^& apples don't stop falling. Need to pick them all so they don't get so bruised from falling. Blah.
Freda...I have enough frozen apples to last 2 years. The starving children across the ocean from childhood won't let me ignore them.
I'm not caught up with everyone's post, started on page nine and only got a couple of pages read before I realized I need to shower and dress. DH wants to get to the voting booth early.
K3, thanks for telling me about the myer turning orange before picking. The bag I purchased at the store were yellow?
Catch ya all in the moon light.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #182  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Lovely Ladies,

Another wet day yesterday, and it looks like we could get more rain today. We didn't get any all summer and now we're getting it all at one time. Nothing much going on. And that is really nice, for a change. The house is as clean as it's going to get. The laundry is caught up...play time. I don't have to work again untill Thursday.

Donna, The picture was beautiful. I love days like that. So peaceful looking. I'd like to live in the first house, please, and have a really good neighbor in the other. Sorry to hear that your friends husband has CA. But the good news is, they found it early. It's hard to deal with any time, but a real trial for newly weds.

Mary, Congrats on the weight loss. It is hard when there are kids around, especially grands. I know I always have extra "junk" around when they are here, and if they eat it, it's hard not to have some too.

Rie, I hope you have fun on your trip. And it is hard to rest a lot wehn kids are around. I know mine keep me busy every second. But they will have those good memories forever.

Carol Sue, My tomatoes are just starting to come in. Just a few at a time now, but I have tons on the vine and when they start to ripen all at one time there will be way more than I need. But lots of people are ready to take them off my hands. I don't really have enought to can, but I usually buy a couple bushel for that.

Dee, Feeling better? Do we all get days when we are just restless? I know you are going through a lot with DH right now. When one member of the family is sick it affects all the family. And of course, as you know, even very thin people can have type 2 diabetes. You're a nurse too, aren't you? I know several of us are. Sometimes, something happens and you just dont' produce enough insulin any more. I went to a seminar not long ago, about diabetes, and the Dr. made it sound like metformin was a wonder drug.

Gayle, Yeah, the kids keep us hopping all right. But they are so fun and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Cajun, Hope your ankel feels better. You jog? I hae tried a few times, but I turn my ankels too easily. I just walk now. But I can walk very fast! ha!

Karen3, Don't over do on that knee. Give it time to heal. I hope you feel better soon.

Ginger, It takes a very special person to deal with hospice patients and families. Bless you for helping out.

Cajun, Congrats to you, for getting into those size 16's.

Everyone, have a great day.

Freda
Old 08-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #183  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

One day down ~ three more to go. It was a pretty nice day ~ if only my head hadn't started aching. It is a frustration ~ I think I hurt my stomach taking Excedrin for my various aches and pains (has aspirin in it) on top of my celebrex. So, I have been trying to be more careful ~ but it is so hard to know when to take something or wait. And hard to work when you hurt ~ especially a headache. I think I tried to do without yesterday and waited too long ~ then the medicine didn't help. Stupid head ached all evening and into the night. It is gone this morning, but sort of feels like it is there in the back ground wanting to come on again. I think also there is something wrong with my neck ~ that starts paining then turns into a headache. Sorry for whining.

Have any of you ever been to a chiropractor (sp?)? I wonder if I need to look into something like that ~ but don't know much about those and feel a little scared of something I don't know about.

Next week a skills fair at work. We have to do some work on the computer ~ read and take tests before hand. Then at the skills fair ~ they demonstrate the skill and we have to do a return demonstration. Things like the crash cart and the defibrilator thing, restraints, glucose meter, hand hygiene. One year they made it really difficult and it was taking people several hours ~ I think I went in the evening and was there until like 3am. Then another year they made it a little better. They have quite a list this year, so not sure how it is going to go. The hours are from 4am to 9am (not getting up in the middle of the night to go ~ Bahhhhh as Donna would say) and 4pm to 9pm. Hope I can get it done in one session. Hate that that is how I have to spend one of my precious days off.

Ok, better go and get dressed for work. Don't think they want to see me in my jammies

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #184  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick hola, Goldens!

Slept well last night, so I'm feeling pretty perky this a.m. Short day at work today, too, so maybe I'll have time to get the hairs trimmed this afternoon!

Gayle - you posted as I was posting... about the headache: I heard from an old wife that dehydration has a lot to do with headaches, and she's right, insofar as my headaches. When I get them (unless they're migraine or cluster), a big glass of water does the trick. I wonder why you have to do the nursing skills fair since they're using you as a unit secretary and not a nurse? Is it because you sometimes get roped into the nursing side, too, to give meds? I hated those things! They were always at the worst possible times!

Sounds like you're all chugging along. Nothing to report here, either. Have a good rest of the day!

Last edited by jess1; 08-14-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Maryea - I just talked to Customer Service at my Insurance Plan and since I have met my 2012 deductible I am eligible for free testing supplies. They gave me a list of 6 companies approved by my insurance and Byram is on the list. I am going to look up each one online and see if they are basically the same or if some offer perks I would be interested in. I have 3 meters, One touch, Bayer and Freestyle Lite. I think I would prefer the Frestyle Lite, because of the ability to test twice at a time. I don't think I will have a deductible next year so I won't have to worry about it from now on. Your comment about getting free supplies gave me the push to look into it. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello goldies,
Today is weigh in and I'm glad to say I'm down 1.5 lbs. I didn't think I would have a loss with all the issues I faced this week but I did. Im convinced it the exercise that's helping. Ankle is not hurting as bad today. I will give it a rest again but tomorrow I will jump back on exercise program. Never thought I would reach a point that when I'm not exercising I feel guilty. Always hated exercise. Looks like the more I lose the more I want to reach that goal. I will too. I finally got in a pair of 16 pants and I bought only 1 pair. My dh asked if I bought 3 or 4 pair. I told him no I didn't only 1 pair. I told him I had more to lose. He looked at me and lifted his eyebrows like hmmm ok. I knew he was so proud of me for wanting to keep going. I was proud of me too. Ha!
Dh cut the 3.5 hours of grass yesterday so I'm off the hook this week. Yay. It was tall too with all the rain we've been getting.
My moms birthday is this weekend and we are having a barbecue for her. I'm thinking I will make her a cake and decorate it. I bought me a new kit. My old one was long ago thrown out. It's been a long time since I've decorated a cake.
I've been wood burning some funny signs for our hunting camp. I love to do that. It takes my mind off of food. I'm making one now that says" Shopping with your husband is like hunting with a game warden". They should get a laugh out of that one.

Karenfl~ sorry to hear about your friend and her dh. I hope he gets better. Take it easy on that knee. I hope you get to feeling better.

Mary~ great job on your 2.8 lb loss. I struggle every day to just lose my weight and its very hard. You are working hard too but for a much more important reason. I admire your purge. Controlling bs along with weight loss ia a very challenging battle. But it looks like you are doing well!!! I loved the piece you shared about getting in exercise for 10 minutes 3x as long as you get something in. So true!!!

Rie~ sounds like your camping trip was fun! How's the rash? Goad to hear your biopsy was normal.

Carol sue~ our tomatoes are over. Good thing too. With this heat they would be rotel on the bush in this 100 degree temps.

Donna jess1~ I loved the picture! It's only a dream here in Louisiana. Very seldom do we get snow flurries and when we do it's before a rain so it melts on contact with the ground.

Dee~ I know how you feel. I do this every month. I just got back to my exercise and it did jump start my weight loss. I'm losing inches also. Maybe the health club would make you feel better.

Marie~ sounds like you are a busy lady. Swimming is very good exercise. Not to mention it would be refreshing in this heat.

Ginger~ congrats on the weight loss!!!! My ankle is better today. I will give it a rest again today but that's it. Tomorrow I'm back to exercising. Yes I'm 51 and still having monthly trouble. Dr said I'm in perimenopause so I ride this roller coaster all the time. Sometimes it don't start, sometimes it don't stop. Grrr.
I'm sure you are loving your grandson. Ginger I told my dh my weight about a month after I started this weight loss journey. He had no idea what I weighed. If felt good to finally share this with him. He never made a bad comment. I was thankful for that. He now weighs more than I do. Lol COME ON OCTOBER!!!!!

Gayle~ love your little jumping rabbit! That's what I want to do every Tuesday morning that I weigh in a loss.

Bobbi~ my dh is complaining about his shoulder after working overhead too. Hope you feel better soon. I'm not going to think about apple pie with all them apples you are picking! Wicked thoughts make e gain weight. Ha!

Freda~ yes I jog on a mini trampoline I bought. I can jog on that and not have an impact on my joints. It works too. The inches are falling off of me and it jump started my weight loss again after a plateau. I hate exercise. Always did. Thats why I'm the size I was. But I have to say I love this mini trampoline. I've been using it faithfully for about 5 months now!! I can truly say it's not collecting dust! Ha!

My youngest son just got up and told me he found out this morning he is leaving to work in Wyoming for 6 to 8 weeks. He packed and was gone in an hour. Whew I didn't have time to digest that imformation. Maybe that will prepare me for when he moves out. I'm sure going to miss that little boy. He's always buzzing in and out of this house. It's never a dull moment with him around. He keeps us entertained. He's my little ray of sunshine.

Hello to all I missed.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #187  

Height: 5'3"

I'm about to go grocery shopping but thought I'd pop in first. I didn't go to the gym this am. Thought I needed the rest but I didn't really sleep, just lay there a long while then got up. Yesterday I was on the phone a lot and didn't get all my housework done so trying to double up today as much as I can, but since I'm going shopping I know I won't completely catch up. This month was so busy but now that we know we won't be going on a long trip next month, I was able cancel some appts and it's a little freeer. We expect company this Friday with another grandson spending the at least one night, not sure about his mom (our oldest dd). We rarely see this dd and are praying things go well. She has a new bf she wants us to meet. She will not be here for our anniversary but at least we will see her. Talked a long time to my other son's gf yesterday. I really love her! They are coming to our anniversary celebration and I can hardly wait to see them. I think we last saw them in June or July. Tried to get our youngest son here but he was unable to come.

Ginger - Sorry, yes bs is blood sugar. I haven't taken mine today...keep forgetting at the right times.

Cajun - Congrats on the continued weight loss. You are an inspiration with your preserverance. I feel I have failed SO many times but now that my bs and my need for discipline, I feel I am more commited than ever too. What a great idea, jogging on a trampoline! We used to have small (individual) one but rarely used it and I think we gave it away. I'll ask dh about it.

Dee - Was it you that said 8 oz of milk has 2 carb servings? I don't know what kind you drink but skim and 2% both have only 13 carb grms so less than 1 carb serving. I think whole milk is the same as the only difference in them is the amount of fat as far as I know. Perhaps that was a typo but was curious about what you said. Maybe you can have more than you think! LOL That's me, always looking for ways to eat more...
Old 08-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good evening ladies! It has been a very cool day here today. A little rainy but not much to measure. Had lunch today with the family at East Buffet which is a Chinese restaurant. Very good and I tried to be somewhat good. Don't know how well I did but ---oh well it was good!

Tonight I decided to make me a smoothy for supper ---- I took 8 ounces of Ocean Spray Diet Cran-cherry, about a cup of frozen strawberries, a half cup of frozen blueberries, A half cup of Danon Light and fit vanilla yogurt, 2 TBS fat free coffe creamer, and a tsp. of Splenda. Put that in my Magic Bullet and OMG!!! It is so good!!! Tim tasted itand then I had to fight him to get it back!! LOL!!And it registered at 175 calories.. Can't beat that! Anyway, I wanted to share that with you while I am still sipping on it and before I forget how I made it!! LOL!

I hung out a hummingbird feeder 2 days ago and saw one hummingbird. the next morning I counted 10!! Love to watch them.

Well, I am going to make this short tonight--- Hello to everyone and I will try and get back later.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

Well, I have finished my consulting work and I am back at my hotel room. I will leave here early tomorrow morning to head back home. It is about a 5 hour drive.

Tonight I am having dinner with my aunt and uncle. (my mom's baby brother and his wife). I was close to my uncle when he was young, he is only 10 years older than me. But I didn't really know him. Last year, I had dinner with them while I was here and discovered really LOVELY people. I have seen them so many times since then and I really enjoy their company. We should all take time to reconnect with family- one should always do that, you never know when you may find someone wonderful!

My oldest ds texted me today and he is so excited that he got enough financial aid to afford college. I am praying that he has finally caught a break!

Karen31, your smoothie sounds wonderful! I wish I could attract hummingbirds.

Mary, so glad that you enjoy son's gf. It is so much easier that way.

CarolSue, I am with Mary on being confused about the 8oz of milk = 2 carb servings? Of course, I use sf almond milk. and I HIGHLY recommend the freestyle lite meter. you can test on your hand or arm and it only needs a little blood.

Cajun, Yay on the new pants That is terrific.

Donna, Please, Please send me snow

Dee, taking care of our parents is so hard. I hope my kids take care of me. I liked your bs journey. I actually lost a lot of weight on the fat free diet but I couldn't maintain it.

Karenfl, are you feeling better? Is Dash still enjoying the pool?

Marie, every day I think about you in your pool as I am sweltering..... swim a lap and jump off the board for me, ok?

Ginger, you are right, camping with a 5yold is not relaxing. But the memories I am creating are worth it, I hope. I am headed for a grown-up trip soon.

Gayle, I hope all is well with you.

I know I am missing people but family time is fast approaching. I have pool league tomorrow night and then judging cattle at the fair the next day. I will try to check back in.

Rie

Old 08-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Bobbi---I hope your arm feels better real soon! Did you have to see a Dr? I hope having it in a sling helps. WOW! Wish I had some of your apple trees here. Love fresh apples.

Rie-- I agree with you-- family is so important. I have a feeling that after my aunt is gone it will be harder and harder to get family together. But the furthest I have to drive right now to see any family is about 15 minutes. I hope we stay close like we have been.

I know I'm still missing people but I will need to catch up more later.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 279/223/132

Height: 5'1"

Cajun: WAY TO GO!! Congrats on 1&1/2 pd loss.
Gayle: I love my chiropractor! She knows kiniseology and energy healing techiques. She can move my hip without actually touching me!

I loved having my grandbaby-but pulled a muscle on very upper right side-back. How I wish I had the 50$ for my chiro now! Naproxin, rest and ice paks have helped some- but didn't get to do much exercise today. I was stressed when he got here because his Mom called me on way over and reamed me out ab out older son, to keep him away from her , then draged old hurts out for the next 30 min till she pulled up. Thank God I had just done my compassion heart meditation and didn't react at her, but i must have been holding tension to not only hurt myself. but I swear I felt like I was in shock- I was freezing and shaking all day as DH complained of the heat. BEST Part=Stayed on food plan! I did crave, did try to stay in touch through my feelings, recognized that I was not physically starving-just trying to run from feeelings. So now I'm drained and have put on relaxing William Ackerman guitar music and am going to bed early. I keep coughing and every time I do it hurts my ribs. time for another ice bag. goodnight all

Last edited by healthyginger; 08-14-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Hi GGs,

Started 17 day diet again, today is 5th day feeling hungry. Keep eating vege and chicken or salman all day. Went to gym after a gap of 2 days. I had around 6 glasses of water..that is less.
Reading Pearl in the Storm by Tori McClure, just started...looks like a good book.
Today's weight 165.8lb.
Bobby hope to see you fit and fine.
Ria glad that your ds got financial aid.
Karen now a days after getting up in the morning.. I talk to my departed mother or mother in law. I tell them many things. I do not know why, but suddenly this has started. Am I getting crazy?
In India, so many of my friends sit next to the photo of God and tell him about the insults and humiliations and whatever they cannot tell others. That is understandable, but I talk to the departed people. I have not told this secret of mine to anybody. I am scared.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #193  
Bobbi

Ole lived across the Minnesota river from Clarence, whom he didn't like at all.

They were yelling across the river at each other all the time.
Ole would yell at Clarence, "If I had a vay to cross dis river, I'd come ofer dere an beat you up good, by golly!"
Clarence would yell back, "Ya don't scare me, ya old turd. I cud beat-cha wit one hand behind me back, fer sure!"
This went on for years.
Finally, the state built a bridge across the river right there by their houses.
Ole's wife, Lena , says, "Now iss yer chance, Ole. Vhy doncha go over dere and beat up dat Clarence like you said you vud?"
Ole replied, "OK, by yimmy, I tink I vill do yust dat!"
Ole started for the bridge, but he saw a sign on the bridge and stopped to read it, then turned around and came back home.
Lena asked, "Vhy did you come back?"
Ole said, " Lena , I tink I changed my mind 'bout beatin' up dat Clarence. You know, vhen I yell at him from across da river, he don't look so big. But dey put a sign on da bridge dat says "Clarence is 13 feet, 6 inches."

Good Morning, arm better this morning but I'm tired. Woke to pee at 3:30am and didn't get back to sleep. I read all my emails in bed with my kindle, finished reading a book by L.L. Barlette. Downloaded a new free book, don't think I'll be using the library anymore. How do I set up an account with the library? Gotta go pick some more #$%^ off the ground. Who mentioned #$%^ pie? I'm back on a diet, jean shorts getting tight.
Later gators

Last edited by Bobbolink; 08-15-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #194  
Bobbi

How true.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #195  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Hello Ladies..from across the pond...
Sorry, but I'm no good at remembering all of your individual posts..so will just ramble per se ...
Somebody mentioned having problems with losing weight?! Mine has plateaud for a very long time now. I just can't get it to shift no matter what I try! Even went to see a nutritionist at the hospital who, after an hours consultation, proceeded to tell me not to bother to try to lose any more!!
Am not able to exercise as I am disabled which does make such a difference in my opinion.
Not doing well with my Open University studies as my back is very painful just lately. Did think about stopping as I am so far behind but I really hate failure, or for that matter, giving in.
Really nice weather here today ladies, which makes such a change for us here in the uk.
Hope you all have a good day.
Closed Thread