Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #121  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Awwwww, CaddyK!!!!! I am so, so happy for you! Now, promise me, please....not another move...at least not for...let's say, two years, okay? Oh, counting down to my retirement....ahuh....kinda scared, to tell you the truth, but counting all the same. I have an appointment at the Social Security office next Wednesday afternoon to complete my application for Social Security benefits. Yikes! I have given in to my "partner in crime", Jack - and agreed not to give my notice at work until April 30th. Which means I will work through May. THEN I'm planning to be finished there, although he will stay on as a consultant. He is, of course, the same one I'm working on the Vermont job with, so we'll still be working together.

To tell you the truth, I don't recall when people said they might want to get together for a "Golden Girls" getaway, but my recollection is that sometime in the summer works best for most. I've promised my sister to spend two weeks traveling around the south with her in early June, and then two weeks with my kids and grandkids at the beach in Rhode Island. After that, I don't really know, except that I will be doing maybe 16 hours a week (mostly from home) on the Vermont job. So, my calendar, for a three-day getaway (if that's what everybody wants to plan) is fairly open at this point. Dh is hinting at a trip to Greece, and I have to say, that sounds like a nice thought...and then there's finding another house before the market skyrockets up again.....Lord....is that "retirement" that I'm describing? Sounds awfully busy to me...

Lynn, I am sorely tempted to join the walking group. I certainly need to do something. But I know for sure that I won't make it as far as you veteran walkers.....are you planning some way that we neophytes (AKA: lazybones) might be able to join in without always lagging far behind everybody else? I believe that I could provide a perfectly lovely description of the park around the corner from our house!

Isabella! I just looked up the recipe for mazidra!!!! OMG, it sounds fabulous! I will be making it for sure! Anything with tomatoes and cukes and avocado has got to be great! Thanks!

Auto....nice to have some company on my one-meal-a-day regimen, but I have to tell you if I ate when I was hungry, I'd be eating all the time, not once a day!

Oh, PT/Donna...you know me. Things only work well for me for a limited length of time, so I sincerely doubt that I'll do myself any damage by eating a little less for a while. Besides, I've been reading articles that say the less you eat, the longer you'll live. Some ancient tribesmen up in extremely remote areas of the world survive on a handful of something or other and a cup of yak milk a day, and live to be something like a hundred zillion years old. So, I'm figuring I can make it on bean patties and avocados and such. For a while, anyway, until I lose my enthusiasm. And, as for the scale....dunno. I think I'll weigh in NEXT weekend. Tomorrow I head back up to Vermont for two days. So, if I'm not around when Marie gets back, give her my love, will you?

Good grief, Rosey, you REALLY don't eat much at all, do you? Those menus of yours are pretty sparse-looking to me. But, I guess it's sure enough working, so carry on, m'dear...LOL

Bobbi....exactly....if I stay busy through the day, I don't even think about eating until it's time for supper. You going to post pictures of your dd's kitchen? She's a lucky girl to have such handy parents!

Hi Rie, luv....I was going to post a comment on the Republican caucus but thought better of it. Oh, and Freda! You guys need to check out The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and see his little piece on that Limbaugh character! Too funny!

Gayle...fat head, eh? No matter what symptoms I used to present with, my (old) doctor would say, "Well, you COULD stand to lose a few pounds..." (Note that was my OLD doctor. My new one is much more respectful. )
Carol Sue....eating out is not a bad thing...I could certainly adjust to it quite nicely, I think.

Congrats on all your winnings, Mary...no wonder you're so busy these days with all your contests!

Okay, hiya to everybody I've missed...you know I don't mean it, I'm just old, and things slip my mind easily. I'll catch you on the upswing!

Z
Old 03-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #122  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Zoe...It's not just a walking group. I don't do well walking because of plantar fasciitis, heel spurs and bunions. I think I just kept track of the other exercises I did, 1 minute equals 1 mile. If you do 15 minutes of yoga, that's 15 miles. I used my stepper last time, I've since sold it. It was too hard on my knees.
Quote:
Lynn, I am sorely tempted to join the walking group. I certainly need to do something. But I know for sure that I won't make it as far as you veteran walkers.....are you planning some way that we neophytes (AKA: lazybones) might be able to join in without always lagging far behind everybody else? I believe that I coul
Rosie...I have Pogo installed my my cp, checked out the scrabble game on it. I played one game and hated it because of the timer. I sent you an invitation to play it on Facebook. No timer, just you and me. You can play one word a day if you like, my DD does that. She doesn't have the time to play more than that. Or if anyone wants to play scrabble with me, check it out on Facebook. It's called Words with FRiends, I think.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Lynn, I am sorely tempted to join the walking group. I certainly need to do something. But I know for sure that I won't make it as far as you veteran walkers.....are you planning some way that we neophytes (AKA: lazybones) might be able to join in without always lagging far behind everybody else? I believe that I could provide a perfectly lovely description of the park around the corner from our house!
Come and join us. It is actually fun.

Lynn
Old 03-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #124  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, just a quick note. I read all the posts and want to thank everyone for the good wishes and thoughts. I have so many personals to add but I wouldn't make it before next nap session. Since I'm on a six week exercise sabbatical, I will need to not participate in the challenge. Otherwise, you know I'd be in. KarenMO, great news that the house selling is done. Zoe, one meal a day would drive me nutty. I like eating too much. Auto, welcome. Donna, love you chickie! Thanks for all the texts. And same for Rie. KarenMO, I'm guessing one was from you as well, so thank you. Carol Sue, I can see how you'd lose weight after surgery. A liquid diet? This stinks. I want to chew food. Annie, glad you and your son were 30 seconds before the limb. Gayle and Freda, love you both. OK, that's it for my pathetic memory. I don't have energy to cut and paste.

So a medical update. The surgery included this fine feature called pumping CO2 between the abdominal wall and organs so they "separate". Hence just separating pain. But this fine CO2 then travels to all the "empty" space in your trunk. Aka the shoulders, ribs, diaphragm, breasts, shoulder blades. Then it pops and zings pain through your body. So yesterday I was doing much better than today. The abdominal pain I expected. This other stuff is absolutely nuts. The description you all had for back spasms fits for this zinging stuff. But I am home with my furbabies and they are enjoying the naps every other hour. Especially Kai Pixie who won't move away from me. Usually that is Sasha's job.

For everyone I missed, and I know that was a bunch of you, I'm thinking of you all.
Marie
Old 03-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #125  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

So glad to hear from you Marie. Glad you are doing so well but hope that CO2 pain subsides. Every day you will feel stronger.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #126  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Glad to hear from you, Marie! If I didn't say it and just imagined it (sigh), do try to walk a bit. That will help with the CO2 gas and help get rid of it. I remember how much that HURTS!! Try to stay in touch. We'll continue to be concerned about you for a while yet!

PT/Zoe - yo! I'm so sorry you're having to wait until the end of May to retire! Big bummer! And a friend just told me that the "Secret Life of Arriety" is 4-star wonderful! Since I'm still fresh off "The Borrowers", I can hardly wait to see it!!

Everyone, later, lovelies!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Got 4 boxes packed tonight. Need to go and get more boxes in the morning. I think we are supposed to have rain for the next 3 or 4 days so it will be good packing weather!!

Marie, take it easy and don't push yourself to hard. I did text but figured I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. Feel better real soon.

OK, I'm tired tonight and need to get a good start in the morning so will let you all go tonight..

Hello to everyone!!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #128  

just a quick pop in, but wanted to say Hi Marie. Good to hear that you are doing ok. I get lots of people that tell me that rocking helps with the gas pains. And they are the worst! I remember it getting up in my shoulders. Pain!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #129  
Bobbi

Marie...wipe the doggies kisses off your face and tell them you can't walk them just yet, ya gotta heal up.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #130  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Glad you're home and doing well Marie
Old 03-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Welcome home Marie! It's all over but the pain and with the help of meds, that will subside in time. The liquid diet wasn't very appetizing, but I lost my appetite and when I finally could eat I couldn't eat much. Thus the weight loss. But when I got my appetite back, watch out!! LOL Lots of rest sweetie!

Maryea - Kudos on all the prizes!

Karen31 - Yay! Things are moving right along! I have watched you go through torment trying to move on, and finally it's falling into place. Good for you!

I lost 2 more lbs of my 9 lb gain. That leaves me 4 lbs from my lowest weight and 5 lbs from my next short term goal. Yesterday, I actually had control and only ate when I was hungry and only enough to satisfy my hunger. I could have made better choices healthwise, but on FitDay it came out to 1156 calories, so that's why I had the loss. I'm hoping to keep this up.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
Hi all, just a quick note. I read all the posts and want to thank everyone for the good wishes and thoughts. I have so many personals to add but I wouldn't make it before next nap session. Since I'm on a six week exercise sabbatical, I will need to not participate in the challenge. Otherwise, you know I'd be in. KarenMO, great news that the house selling is done. Zoe, one meal a day would drive me nutty. I like eating too much. Auto, welcome. Donna, love you chickie! Thanks for all the texts. And same for Rie. KarenMO, I'm guessing one was from you as well, so thank you. Carol Sue, I can see how you'd lose weight after surgery. A liquid diet? This stinks. I want to chew food. Annie, glad you and your son were 30 seconds before the limb. Gayle and Freda, love you both. OK, that's it for my pathetic memory. I don't have energy to cut and paste.

So a medical update. The surgery included this fine feature called pumping CO2 between the abdominal wall and organs so they "separate". Hence just separating pain. But this fine CO2 then travels to all the "empty" space in your trunk. Aka the shoulders, ribs, diaphragm, breasts, shoulder blades. Then it pops and zings pain through your body. So yesterday I was doing much better than today. The abdominal pain I expected. This other stuff is absolutely nuts. The description you all had for back spasms fits for this zinging stuff. But I am home with my furbabies and they are enjoying the naps every other hour. Especially Kai Pixie who won't move away from me. Usually that is Sasha's job.

For everyone I missed, and I know that was a bunch of you, I'm thinking of you all.
Marie
Hi Marie,

I am so glad you are home and so sorry to read about all the pain. Don't worry about personals. Just keep us posted on your progress.

Lynn
Old 03-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning from the warm South....Almost 80 and just 10am. Have had busy week and just popped in to keep up with everyone. Gesh miss a 1/2 day and have 2 pages to read. Got the tax garage done and sent.

Bobbi...stick your nose down by those wee buds. I swear myers lemon is sweeter smelling than orange blossoms. Why not since they are half mandarin orange? They turn into wee green balls and thats what ended up in the pool...just too big to be sucked down the drain. hundreds of them. Those tiny buds will be lemons as big as grapefruit.

Donna...thank you thank you on keeping us updated about Marie. Good job!

Annie...Lucky you2! The winds were here too....never saw so many palms blown in half. Weird about 4-5' above the ground and sheared off????

Gayle...Are you all getting that rain? After last year tie that storm down and squeeze it dry!

Zoe...Are you retireing in April or May? It is always scary to start anew adventure. But sounds like you are already hearing about how filling days can be without a job.

Auto...welcome. This is a bunch of sweet ladies in various stages of cronehood who love to help and support each other. As Karen said pull up a chair at our kitchen table, pour a cuppa and join in. We listen, understand, scold or hug according to your need. Nag too if it is important. In otherwords a sisterhood.

Isabella.....you devil you. You did it to me. You forced me to go get more rhubarb and make blue berry/rhubarb filling. It is cooling in the refrig now. Licked the pot and oh my it's good.

Karen....So glad the deal went thru. Not much time to pack and get out. Are somethings still boxed from last move?

Rie..glad you were there for your Big Guy. Is he as Big as the lovely guys that were on Biggest Loser? hope you can translate that question cause it sure sounds weird.......

Marie...Know how much those CO2 bubbles hurt. Basically it is an escaped fart! Only men enjoy them. Welcome home sweetie. Now take care of you.

Freda...are you near any of those tornado paths?

Quiet day here. Getting my hair cut at 11 and then a quote on different car insurance. One more day until new hear aids....yeaaaah.

I tried and I know i missed a bunch so am sending hugs and BBL k3

Last edited by Karen3; 03-08-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #134  
Bobbi

Oh my gosh Karenfla...talk about spitting coffee all over my computer with laughing, you're gonna hurt Marie's insides when she reads this.

Quote:
Marie...Know how much those CO2 bubbles hurt. Basically it is an escaped fart! Only men enjoy them. Welcome home sweetie. Now take care of you
P.S. I didn't know the lemon tree was mixed with mandarin oranges. Also, my tree would break if they got as big as grapefruit, that must pertain only to full size trees. Mine's just a dwarf tree, don't know how big it'll get. I'll have to look into it.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-08-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

nah Bobbi don't worry 99% of the buds drop off. Our trees right now aren't much bigger and 4-5 fruit fist size k3
Closed Thread