Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #481  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

MO Karen,

Please check in and let us know you are OK.

Lynn
Old 02-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #482  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Lynn - Did something happen that you're worried about CK? I think they're doing their house inspection this morning... I got an email from her this morning, and she seems fine.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #483  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Donna, my guess is Lynn is worried because of the tornadoes in the midwest. I saw Branson listed and I have no idea how close KarenMO is to there. My first thought was Karen as well when I read the article. I will be back later to post more. I have to go to three medical places - only one of which is something that causes pain - allergy shot.
Marie
Old 02-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello ladies! We have had unimaginable tragedy arise here at our office. A former employee here was found murdered yesterday along with her one-year-old daughter. Later, her husband was found to have flown to Las Vegas and was found dead in a hotel room there from suicide. Just unbelievable.

I saw this news just as I was getting into bed last night. Unfortunately, the first thing I wanted to do was eat....don't know why that was my reaction. Lucky I had some of my Liebniz crackers there and had a couple (~40 cal.)
Didn't get good sleep so only got in just under 2 miles walking this morning.

Otherwise, things have gone well here in my world.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
Hello ladies! We have had unimaginable tragedy arise here at our office. A former employee here was found murdered yesterday along with her one-year-old daughter. Later, her husband was found to have flown to Las Vegas and was found dead in a hotel room there from suicide. Just unbelievable.

I saw this news just as I was getting into bed last night. Unfortunately, the first thing I wanted to do was eat....don't know why that was my reaction. Lucky I had some of my Liebniz crackers there and had a couple (~40 cal.)
Didn't get good sleep so only got in just under 2 miles walking this morning.

Otherwise, things have gone well here in my world.
Annie,

How awful. So sorry. I think strong emotions can always lead to wanting to eat. Good for you for resisting.

Lynn
Old 02-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Annie, that is horrible news. I simply can't believe what one human being can do to another(s). We're still getting over the recent Ohio HS shooting where 3 students have died and I feel so sorry for those families.

Your reaction was normal, but fortunately you didn't pig out on cheese curls or something. Congrats!

andi
Old 02-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #487  

Height: 5'3"

Annie, what a tragedy!! And to happen to someone you know makes it even worse. The news here seems to be full of murder, suicide and police shootings etc anymore ...sometimes I wonder why I watch the news as it's almost all bad. And I know all about emotional eating...the news doesn't do it to me but family issues sure can. GFY for keeping it to something light!

We just got back from the gym. Now hope to get more done around here today than I did yesterday. We are going to visit our oldest son tomorrow as it is his birthday. Have to run out soon and get his gift but know what we are getting him so won't take long but it is one of those wet days where you have to force yourself go out in it.

Donna - I'm like Zoe, I tend to keep my flamboyancy to my toes too! I did green once but it was too bright a green and I didn't like it but if I have color on my nails, it's always on my toes. Can't keep it nice on my fingernails anyway. Usually, right now I'm in a bad shape of neglect...need nails done, need to do something with my hair,...been letting it grow out since about August, only got it trimmed once and it's wild! I look like a crazy old lady

Glynne - GFY on the NSV! I know how easy it is to pick up a candy bar...darn, they make it so easy and tempting don't they right there at the cashiers! But you didn't fall for it! Yea!

Slmn - Sometimes it just seems like it's a lot to remember...I have to watch my cholesterol, my sodium (BP), my carbs AND my calories!! You'd think it would all work together but no I can eat just the right amount of calories and go over on carbs or sodium or not get enough fiber...grrr
Old 02-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #488  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

First off-- I am fine here in our little home. There was a tornado that touched down just north of us and that was around 11:00 last night. Then they had the major tornado hit Branson about 4:30 in the morning. I have posted several pics on FB. Branson is about a 90 minute drive from us. But we mostly had straightline winds with rain. I stayed up and tracked everything until about 1:30 this morning when I saw that we were in the clear. Didn't realize anything about Branson until I saw it this morning. Thanks for caring about me.. it get scary at times but I still LOVE my MO!!!

Annie, sorry to hear about the terrible news you had. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers

We had the inspection on the house we have the contract on... still trying to weigh some things out before making the final decision. The appraisal for this house was at 2:00 this afternoon. I asked him if he would just let us know if he thought that it would appraise for what we need--- his answer was "we'll have to wait until he gets his report wirtten up." I asked about how long that would take ----might have it Monday!!! GRRRRRR!!! Not happy!! Found a few things with the house we will be getting that might not be acceptable... we're still working on solutions. Will let you know what happens when we get that figured out.

OK , just wanted to touch base with everyone.. Have a great day
Old 02-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #489  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Afternoon girls
Annie, how scary to have that happen to someone you know.
No time for personals, we have furniture people here right now putting a new bed together. I purchased a new oak bed with an expensive memory foam mattress and a new living room chair.
My mattress was starting to sag in the center and we got a really good deal on the works.
No pictures of our handy work at DD's house. Home Depot didn't measure the cupboard right so we have two on order and the counter tops and sink still are not installed because they are not finished making them. We are soooooo disappointed in Home Depot.
I set up the new March thread for tomorrow, see ya there.
P.S. Rosey...I'm so jealous of all your snow, wished we had some here.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #490  
GmaTo8

Since the March thread is up, please pop on over to it.
Closed Thread