3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~January Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/249395-%7E%7Ejanuary-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

akrosey49 01-11-2012 05:55 PM

Hi everyone. first carol sue im so sorry you are so upset,ive gone thru similar things and you should see the dr. my back surg took 6 months to heal,i had mersa and the incision opened up, there was ahole big enuff to put a fist in it, they used a wound vacume on me. they put special sponges in the owie then a piece of sp sticky plastic over it and then a port that attached to a small vaume machine.its suppose to heal from the inside out.long story short im ok now. try and stay calm (((hugs)) they have many new treatments now and your dr will help. im going to post the my stew recipe.but i usually dont cook with a recipe so i'll wing it :D busy taking care of dh. he had a miserable nite. we are keeping a food diary,it will help we hope figure out what hes allergic too. dishes and kitchen all cleaned up and stuffed bell peppers in the oven dh is napping so ive got s few to relax. it warmed up and now its raining every things a mess outside and happy to be in. Hoping your evenings great ttfn rosey :wave:

jess1 01-11-2012 09:00 PM

Oh, CarolSue - good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts!

ellabella 01-11-2012 09:04 PM

Carol Sue, I'm thinking of you tonight, and sending lots of positive healing intentions in your direction. Please keep us in the loop after you see the doctor tomorrow.

Z

Karen31 01-11-2012 09:36 PM

CarolSue-- Good thoughts, prayers and hugs coming to you tonight and make sure you let us know what the Dr. says tomorrow. I would insist on seeing him/her!!

gardend1va 01-11-2012 09:46 PM

Thank you all for your kind words and welcoming comments. It will take me a while to get to know you all, so I will probably start slow with the posts, and slowly dip my toes into this pool. :)

I have an ipad and decided to do calorie counting and will use an app called "Lose It", because I read it has good reviews. My first step will be to figure out how many calories I am allowed every day.

Carol Sue, I just read about your recent health complications, and I hope you get some good news soon. Healing thoughts are being sent your way.:hug:

maryea 01-11-2012 10:00 PM

Hi everyone! Waiting for our son and his gf to arrive. If they don't get here soon we may not be able to go out to eat! I haven't eaten since breakfast...just had a light frappuccino but amazingly I am not very hungry. Of course when I smell the food I'll probably suddenly be ravenous so may eat some veggies or something before we go esp since we are running so late. I got up late today and the day just seemed to fly by. Had an appt and then a little grocery shopping, then home to quickly clean a bit in the kitchen and that was it.

Isabella...your recipe sounds wonderful! I copied it and hope to try it before long. Have to watch it though as both beans and rice are carbs but sounds like something I'll really like. I'll probably just have the beans and only a bit of rice. That's what I do a lot. Thank you for posting it.

Carol Sue - So sorry for all you are going through. After my gall bladder surgery (the big incision kind) I woke up one morning to a very wet sheet and realized my incision had come open. I called the doc but they weren't very concerned just said it happens. I went in and they opened it even more, allowed it to drain even more and then packed it. I had to pack it for several days but it healed fine. It is scary when it happens though. I agree the doctor should be involved as you said, he's the one that did the work.

Donna - I liked the cat video! How are you surviving the snow? You sure get a lot of that white stuff, don't you? I have forgotten where you are located.

Glynne - Guess that's what I could do, just tell myself I've had the lapband surgery! Wonder if it would really work? My younger son was beginning to gain weight when we were visiting him last winter. I told him he'd better take control of his eating now before he gets any older (he's 35) and he says, no that's what lapband surgery is for! :^: Kids!

Bobbolink 01-11-2012 10:06 PM

Carol Sue:grouphug: Don't worry about the possibilities of what caused this, you caught it early. Tomorrow things won't look so scary. I'll included you in my prayers tonight and send you God's peace.

glynne 01-11-2012 10:36 PM

Thoughts and {{{{{hugs}}}}} and prayers for you Carol Sue

Marie 01-11-2012 11:11 PM

Carol Sue :hug: to you. I hope the cry helped reduce your stress. Was DH mad at you? If so, Zoe is on her way. I hope that you start seeing progress on the healing. Just remember what the bad outcome of the surgery could have been and you are far from that. So you just keep fighting.

Gardendiva, I have years and years of data on LoseIt!. I swear by it. I lost 77 pounds with it. When I stopped logging, I gained 20 back over two years. I'm a vigilant logger again and have started to re-lose the 20 pounds. The latest version that you can scan an item's barcode is fabulous. BTW, my DH has lost 20 pound using it on his iPhone. And for him to use anything techno is mindblowing. It's a good program.

Thanks to all for the good wishes. I have read the posts for the last week of pain. Posting was too difficult not to mention I hibernate when in pain. I did see a dr yesterday (mine was out of town and I really like this other dr.). She gave me drugs. I will use them in 3 weeks if the cycle repeats itself. I'm down from excruciating to just bothersome pain. My elliptical and I made up. My Zumba game was played tonight and my doggies and I are hiking again. Mostly I have my life back. There's just this pain. Anyway, I did post a little more about what I'm doing about it with the dr on the Challenge thread. And Bobbi, at this point I think ovaries just suck. I wonder if 3FC will delete that word. ;)
Marie

Karen3 01-11-2012 11:30 PM

CarolSue...You are in my prayers and hope that the night passes peacefully and quickly. Time always is the answer but we all want it done NOW! I'm in my seventh month post op and still battling....we will be O K! k3

Riemontana 01-12-2012 02:58 AM

Carol Sue, Hugs and prayers your way.

Rie

gardend1va 01-12-2012 05:06 AM

Marie, I just logged in my first day on Lose It! And got really excited. It was so easy and I saw that I was 500+ calories under my goal for the day after logging in every bite. I have never been able to lose weight before, but maybe that's because my idea of portions was a little too generous, or I ate too many calories through mindless grazing, but now I have an easy way to see exactly what is going on. I am so excited and encouraged. If I can just lose that first 5 lbs it will be enough motivation to keep me on track. It was your recommendation of the app in another thread that convinced me Lose It! was the way to go, and I have to say that you were right. Thank you so much!
Carol (gardendiva)

lucindaarrowspark 01-12-2012 07:26 AM

the Blessings of Thursday, may they shower down on us all.
right, because it is raining a cold bone chilling rain here in new York. Give me snow already!
I am wildly impressed by all of the computer skills displayed by the Golden Girls.
i will attempt to give 'shout outs' to my peeps,(tee-hee).
riemontana- my dh plays pool too. He used to play in tournaments for money. so I know how hard it is to stay in the play-offs. So hurray for you.
freda- I have a nick name..it's kale wh0re. i have thrown three handfulls of kale in a pot of cooking oatmeal add cumin and joila! meal time.
its a different twist on two foods normally not served together. It's savory.
carol sue- i hope and pray you will be fully healed soon. surgery is not the same for everyone and your dear dh is probably more scared of your suffering than he can admit too. Hugs.
gardendiva- it's comforting to know that there is an actual program that will track calories. what a great weight loss tool.
karen3- i am new here and still just meeting everyone. but it took almost a full year before my dh felt like his old self after his emergency gall bladder surgery. He has some other health issues too though, and he also suffered some losses of family members that same year.
marie- I had a doctor prescribe me something for pain,(fibramyolgia). funny thing though, I was still in pain but did not care. So I stopped the meds b/x they made me trippy not in less pain.
but and this is a big butt(tee-hee) since I 've kicked sugar to the curb my pain has dissipated. Tremendously.
Any way, my dh is currently battling some new /old health issus and I am the one who schedules all his appointments and drive shim to the doctors and stays in the examination room to make sure my dh answers honestly. he is too much of a stoic and so proud that he doesn't want to bother the doctors with his troubles. oy, men!
i am eating so healthy, and in smart sized portions that drum roll please....
I lost a pound! after 2 weeks of no bingeing, no sugar no empty calories and sticking to plan Hurray.

Bobbolink 01-12-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Wednesday’s Keep me Accountable menu 1,107 calories + 42 grams fiber

Breakfast - Fiber One, peanut butter yogurt , Flax & Chia seeds, 3oz. Chunky Cinnamon applesauce

Lunch- Ukrainian sweet & sour soup

Snack - raw carrots with peanut butter dip.
Carob Fluff dessert (not hungry but just made the dessert and wanted a taste)

Supper- Baked Fish on light bun, tartar sauce, butternut squash (we still have tons of squash)

Night time Snack- Pineapple dessert with sf cool whip and topped with 15 grams dry Fiber One.

Couldn’t sleep, ate ¾ serving crunchy raisin bran cereal…Went right to sleep after that.
Lucinda...yah, you go girl! Congrats on the 2 pounds.
Marie...glad to see you among the living again. I'm sure your canine sons/daughters are happy to be resuming their jaunts on the trail.
What a difference in a day makes in Minnesota, two days ago I hung out laundry, today we have snow and 10 degrees below zero with wind chills. That's more like it, now if we could just get enough snow to cover the ground for cross country skiing.
Caroldiva...I don't know what "lose it" is about but counting calories works well for me too. I use Fitday, have for a few years. It's pretty neat when you come in under your calorie range. A good jump start to your new eating program.
Rosie...I mixed some of my PB2 powder into my last batch of homemade yogurt, it sort of settled to the bottom but easily stirred in before I topped my cereal with it. I don't think I could eat raw veggies without my Pb2 sauce for dipping. I like it on apples too.
What's the fried Kale everyone is talking about?
Glynne...how is the imaginary lapband surgery working for you? That's a stretch:rofl:
Rie...we're not about to run out of butternut squash soon, we ate all the acorn first because it didn't seem to keep as well as the butternut. When I see the first signs of that spoiling, I'll bake it all up and freeze. I keep it out in our breezeway where it stays cool. We have our garden carrots buried in sand out there too, I read about the sand a couple of years ago and it keeps better than the frig.
I hope we get good news about Carol Sue, keep her in your thoughts today.
Donna...you asked about my migraines? The nightly 2 am is completely gone since I keep the bedroom door shut 24/7 and run the air purifier at night. I do get a slight headache after supper every night while watching tv. I think it's from the dog dandruff, he sleep on the couch. DH brushes him out everyday and vacumns the quilt I keep on it. Plus I have a spare quilt I exchange when washing the other one. I'm not allergic to dogs but dust mites live on dead skin and I think that's what bothers me. I just take 2 Aleve and it's gone. Dr. Oz yesterday had some homeopathy remedies for headaches, one was to pinch the skin between your big toe and 2nd toe. Too funny!
I'm starving this morning for some reason, need to go eat.
Catch the rest of you later.

Bobbolink 01-12-2012 09:39 AM

Zoe...I looked up Qu Gong and am amazed you like it. DH and I took a meditation class last winter and we both hated it. (Not that Qu Gong is about meditation) Instead of relaxing me, it did the opposite. The second session we had a snow storm and I was a happy camper that we could legally miss the class. I'm just too restless to sit with my eyes closed for 30 minutes at a time. It takes a certain personality to meditate, Qu Gong, etc.
Quote:

I LOVE qi gong