Donna,

KEEP THAT BEAUTIFUL PHOTO!!!!!!

We LOVE to see your face.

Lynn
Old 02-06-2010, 12:45 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Hi Lovely Ladies,

Hope all is well, we are getting a bit of snow, depending on where you live in the state, could be inches or feet!! I never really liked the snow, as a kid it got me a day off from school, but as an adult, doesn't have the same impact on getting me out of work, unless I take the day off, which today took a half day.

Well, I've been struggling the last couple of days, hope tomorrow is better!!

stay warm
Old 02-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #63  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone... sorry I haven't posted since January. Strange things going on took my attention away, but I'm continuing with the diet. And exercise.

Today I took a walk to the bridge and back, thankful for a sunny space between rainstorms. Our river looks like it might near flood stage, but unless the snow in the mountains melts it should be okay. I was caught between flood waters back in Dec/Jan 2005-6 and had to spend two nights sleeping on the floor in a church upriver. I saw a lot of cars get caught in the flood water. Fortunately mine wasn't one of them. I don't want to do that again! I'm happy to say I live on a hill. The river floods every few years.

Besides the 45 minute walk I also spent 30 minutes on my recumbent bicycle thing. I'd like to get that much exercise every day! And after watching that video (thanks so much, Donna!) I think I may need to get serious about weight lifting too. There are lots of weights around here for me to lift as Bob is into that - he has a weight bench and situps bench... for when I really get into the fitness thing. Meanwhile I think I'll start with the two-pound barbells. Something simple.

Linda
Old 02-06-2010, 06:55 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Everyone,

LOTS of snow here & we're only about half-way through the storm.

The plow is woking on our driveway & parking area right now.

We got our tickets - April 15 - May 3. Now I can start REALLY planning our trip. My DD has planned all of our other trips. This time, I get to play.

Lynn
Old 02-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #65  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

To those of you snowed in (or becoming snowed in...), stay warm! I know you planned ahead and have lots of good and nutritious food. Hope you also have lots of afghans to snuggle into...

Oh, Lynn, I'm so envious! We'll look forward to photos and a travelogue!

Aunty Ann says I'm "fat and jolly"... and that's exactly what I see in that picture! It IS nice to have a face to go with the name, though, I guess...

Everyone, have a warm and safe day!
Old 02-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #66  

Good Morning Everyone,

I did arobics for 15 min. yesterday! I know that isn't a lot, but it's such an improvement for me. I felt quite proud and happy that I could do that. I also did my weights, btu i've been unable to do arobics, or even much walking, for so long that I was quite weak. It doesn't take long!

Donna, LOVE the picture. Please don't change it. It just occured to me that I'm the only one that doesn't have a picture. Not by choice. I am just so computer illiterate that I haven't been able to put one up. I do have one on facebook, if any of you want to put a name with a face, just let me know. Now, why does facebook make it so easy when it's so hard here?

Lynn, Stay warm during that snow storm. I know lots of places are getting it. My family down south (Ky., Tenn., Va.) are getting an ice storm, which is worse for them because of the mountains and steep and winding roads. Lovely to look at, with the ice hanging from the pines, but they usually lose power and the roads are unpassable.

Hi Linda, Good to see you back. I know, life happens and we roll with the punches. Weight lifting makes such a difference! I highly recommend it. I got a tape from the library and got some basic moves and went from there. 2 lb. is a good place to start, and you're ahead of the game if Bob lifts. He can give you lots of tips and you already have the weights!

Sue, I've had a week of struggeling too. The cold weather maybe? I've had to really make a plan and stick to it! Hope you get over your hurdle soon. It does pass. Just hang in there!

Z, The soreness will go away as you get more fit. Soon it will just be a "good" after work out soreness to let you know that you pushed those muscle a bit. And as far as the weight thing, we each have to decide what is right for us. I said i would know when I got to the weight i wanted to be, and I did.

Karen, I too would be a "bag of bones" if I was the weight that THEY (who in the heck are "they" anyway) said I should be.

Isabella, The fries sound yummy. And we get more fit as we go along. The fitness test will get easier and faster.

Bobbi, Hope things are going well and you aren't snowed in. Is the headache better?

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 02-06-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Well, I was scared to get on the scales yesterday since my big mess up on Wednesday.... but I got on this morning and was surprised to find that I have lost another 2 pounds! WHEW!! I won't be doing buffets again for a long time! I can go out to eat at a regular restaurant and make good choices....but a buffet---I think the devil rides on my shoulder!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #68  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Greetings my lovelies!

I celebrated my birthday yesterday with my boys (plus an hour massage at the local day-spa) and it was a good day. The sunshine cooperated in Central California, so I got to get out and about for a bit. While no formal exercise, I did start the Fat-Loss Code diet officially. I know, why would I start on my birthday? Well, why not. I wasn't going to have cake (I don't like sweets), so there was no reason not to. I ate OP all day, even when we went out to dinner later. But in the end, I indulged and had a dirty martini, my favorite drink. Hadn't had one in over a year. The bartender didn't make it like I like it, so it was disappointing. But I drank it, nonetheless.

Ella, I'm a custom clothier and sewed/designed/tailored for many years. I too have ambitions to design a clothing line, and I want to market really lovely, high quality plus-size clothing. But I just can't bring myself to sew for me at this point. I know how you feel. I have a huge collection of "someday" fabric, and it's just getting older and older and now, more out of fashion. I'm seriously considering just making up a series of one-of-a-kind clothes, slapping a label in them and selling them in a consignment shop, just to get the fabric out of the house, and maybe some money back on my "investment". But in the back of my brain remains the kick-a$$ wardrobe of my dreams. I just wonder how old I'll be when I actually get to make them. I don't particularly like putting things off until I'm thinner-prettier-more perfect, etc. I want to live today! I want to look resplendent in my own clothing today! Even if I lose more weight...I can always cut things down. I think I might blow the dust off my Bernina...
Old 02-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #69  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hey, Georgia...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Sparkly Cake.jpeg (4.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #70  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Well, ladies, after a week of walking, lifting weights, doing fitness tests and other contortions I got on the scales this morning and I am as ever the same weight as last week. My, oh, my, it's slow going now that I'm almost where I'd like to be. Ah, well, my clothing fits nicely and today is dessert day so what more should I want?

We're still having snow today but still no blizzard. It's steady snowing with a bit of wind so we are getting some drifting but the roads are all passable in town. I don't know what the highways are like but I'd guess they're snow covered but kept plowed as much as possible.

Sue, sorry you're having a bit of trouble. You had such a good few months packed in. But I find I can only go so long before I have a "breakdown" at least for a few days and then it's time to dust off the cake crumbs and get going again.

Linda, I started with 1 pounders, then went to 2 and now I'm doing 10 pounds. I measured my arms the other day to see how big my muscles were becoming. They were only 10 inches around the bicep just hanging by my side but when I flexed the muscle they became HUGE!!! They went from 10 to 10.5 inches. Hahahahahaha. I'm no Popeye, more like Olive Oil. Oh, well, I feel stronger.

Lynn, did you remember to make reservations for the rest of us who will be going with you? Those days will fly by so fast and you'll soon be boarding the plane to leave on your vacation. Keep us filled in on your plans while in Italy.

Donna
you're going to change your aunt's description of you so she'll be able to say you're slim and happy. Even with another 25 pounds lost you'll start to look slim.

Freda, I could barely do one lunge when I started and now I'm up to 10. I do them slowly and clumsily but I do them nevertheless.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGIA!!! One year closer to official Goldeness.

Karen, great job on that 2 pound loss. Your numbers are really coming down. It's great to get in a new set of 10s.

Last edited by retiredone; 02-06-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGIA!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEORGIA!

Lynn
Old 02-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #73  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Isabella <sigh> if I could only describe myself as looking like "Olive Oyle", I'd be the happiest camper around! Unfortunately, after a week of walking with that *&^%*&^% Leslie every morning, and drastically cutting calories, I GAINED six ounces!!!! Go figure!!!!! Maybe I got too low with the calories and put my metabolism into hibernation mode or something. Grrrrrrrr!!!!! Well, I won't give up....I am determined to be slim and svelte by summer!!!!!
Happy birthday Georgia!
Hi to everyone else...and my gosh, what's going on with all this SNOW in the mid-Atlantic states this year? Things are really upside down, aren't they? Well, stay warm and dry Lynn and Sue - and whever else is affected...
Psychic twinnie? How're you doing? I hope you took off a few pounds for me, too!

Z
Old 02-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #74  

Happy birthday Georgia!
Old 02-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #75  

Howdy..we had 8 inches of snow..its beautiful outside..HAPPY BIRTHDAY Georgia i had unexpected company last nite,my gf and dh surprised us..lots of laughs,i needed that..georgia,i sew to and make my own clothes ,i have lots of fabric stashed away..you should pursue your dreams..lynn your trip sounds fabulous how fun..hoping everyone
has a fun weekend ((((()))) rosey
Closed Thread