Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #136  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Wow, Kim, I tried one of those 20 carb gram programs once and got really sick. I need more than that just to function! I'm impressed that you've been able to stick to it... which plan are you on? Atkins? The best thing I've ever found, the only thing that's ever worked for me, is keeping the food journal on fitday. This has been totally painless! I guess I need to be a bean counter in that area of my life, too. It's easy to stick to 1200-1500 calories a day, and despite my whining and moaning, the weight is coming off steadily.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #137  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Bitter cold here and we have to go out tonight to GS Basketball game.
Kim...what program are you following again? I must have had a senior moment when you talked about it. I'd die without all the carbs I want, healthy carbs of course. My Fiber One cereal and Flat Outs are a main part of my diet. I found some new wraps that have even more fiber in them, I'm out now or I'd tell you about them. (can't remember the stats on them or the name, another senior moments)
Karen...Thanks for the laugh, I have a similar recipe that uses rum instead of Jose and just as funny. Sounds like a skit Lucille Ball would do.
Institches...Gosh, I just noticed you're only 2 pounds from breaking into the 100's. I'm going to watch you and be at the finish line to give you a hug. It would be a wonderful self-gift if you could break in this Christmas.
Lynn...are you going to a gym to do your new routine? I'm thinking you have loads of snow like many of us. I'd be getting a zero on jumping up a step. I was going to try it yesterday, got in position to spring. Before I actually did it, my knee protested so I didn't even try. That is going out the window with the yoga tree pose! But I commend you for making that one of your new habits.

Quote:
A new mini-goal is to do some running. So far, I am doing a walking 2 minutes - running 1 minute (I can do this 4 times - 12 minutes). My immediate goal is to be able to do this for 30 minutes. Another goal is to be able to jump onto the first step on my DD's stairway. So far, I can jump onto my stepper - about half the height of my DD's step. I am going to switch from counting steps to counting jumps on my challenge thread.
I need to go clean up and help DH with the basement floor, catch ya all tomorrow.
P.S. Karen...I deleted the Farmville game last night, I was getting bored with it plus I'm just tooooooooo busy right now. Have fun!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieChick View Post
Hello everyone!

I couldn't log in this morning - or was it yesterday - SEE!!! I was in shock!

Good to see you all are doing well! I'm hanging in there with my MAX of 20 carb grams a day - and VERY limited as to what I can eat - BUT - I start week TWO on Monday and NO MORE of this drastic stuff!

Yep, it has been hard with my bronchitis and then having to take antibiotics (really strong ones) but I'm gon'a make it!

♫ Happy B'day Freda! ♫

Hi Kim,

What makes up the 20 carb grams?

Lynn
Old 12-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning Girls!
Lynn...are you going to a gym to do your new routine? I'm thinking you have loads of snow like many of us. I'd be getting a zero on jumping up a step. I was going to try it yesterday, got in position to spring. Before I actually did it, my knee protested so I didn't even try. That is going out the window with the yoga tree pose! But I commend you for making that one of your new habits.
Hi Bobbi & Everyone,

No snow here - more north of me - just VERY cold. My DD & SIL and I are going into Philadelphia today to a Christmas Market & to eat at an interesting restaurant.

My body isn't very happy about my new exercise ideas. I may need to re-think. Hip and knees are a little achey.

Lynn
Old 12-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #140  
Donna

Good morning, All, from balmy Denver!

Nothing new here. I'm finishing up the Christmas shopping and have some baking to do to give away. Luckily, it's coffee cake type of stuff, so I won't indulge in any of the goodies! I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by!

Hope all are well. Lynn, I think your body is telling you something. Pace yourself, girlie!! Good weekend, All!

Is it just me, or is it still taking FOREVER for these posts to post? Annoying!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 206/201/148

Height: 5'7"

I am new to this site. My name is Broccoligirl in honor of Wendy Chant, the author of "Crack the Fat Loss Code." She was the most wonderful and influential person in my healthy lifestyle change. Unfortunately, she passed in Nov. from cancer.

Kim, anything you want to know about that program, just let me know. I was one of Wendy's assistant in the in-person classes for a couple of years when I lived in Orlando, FL. Wendy was also my personal trainer.

You will feel better and look better and have more energy than you ever thought possible after the Deplete week. Just remember: B, C, D, B, C, D B.

Broccoligirl
a/k/a JoAnne
Old 12-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #142  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up "Crack the Fat Loss Code" by Wendy Chant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Wow, Kim, I tried one of those 20 carb gram programs once and got really sick. I need more than that just to function! I'm impressed that you've been able to stick to it... which plan are you on? Atkins? The best thing I've ever found, the only thing that's ever worked for me, is keeping the food journal on fitday. This has been totally painless! I guess I need to be a bean counter in that area of my life, too. It's easy to stick to 1200-1500 calories a day, and despite my whining and moaning, the weight is coming off steadily.
Well, last night - (confession time) I got so weak I snuck an oatmeal - yep - that's right!

My DH asked me today - "Have you had any cookies?" CAUGHT!! I said I had one last night while he was gone - felt like a rock in my stomach.

I'm on the "Crack the Fat Loss Code" by Wendy Chant - the first week is the ONLY one you do where you can only have MAX 20 grams of "Active" Carbs a day. (Carb - Fiber = Active Carb) I even count the carbs in my Vitamin! (it has 2) There are only a few items that are mandatory to count carbs on - Cottage Cheese (you can only have this protein once a day), Protein Shake, Vegetables (can only stick to the ones on the list), Condiments, and NO SUGAR.

In the first week of DEPLETE - you are training your body to go to it's fat storage and stop being so lazy go'n to the muscle for a quick energy boost of glycogen (sugar). During the first week, the body "depletes" the glycogen in the muscles and then goes into a "SHIFT" mode (burst of energy) around the 3-4 day. That is when the body starts "spending" it fat reserves -

It gets much easier after the first week - then it is WAR on the body to create a "confusion" so it won't get complacent again

I'm glad that FitDay is working for you. I keep a journal with "Crack", but to measure and count??? Just not me, I can do it for a while, then I fall off the wagon

The only thing I will have to count after this week is "BAD FATS" - that is a GOOD THING for me!

K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Saint) is my moto - fist size food with good balance!

Hope this helps to clear things up!
Have a GREAT evening!
Kim

PS....
Sorry I didn't see your comments - just jumped right in at the TOP of the page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Kim...what program are you following again?
See the above info written in response to Jess1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Hi Kim,

What makes up the 20 carb grams?

Lynn
That information in above also, the response to Jess 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by broccoligirl View Post
I am new to this site. My name is Broccoligirl in honor of Wendy Chant, the author of "Crack the Fat Loss Code." She was the most wonderful and influential person in my healthy lifestyle change. Unfortunately, she passed in Nov. from cancer.

Kim, anything you want to know about that program, just let me know. I was one of Wendy's assistant in the in-person classes for a couple of years when I lived in Orlando, FL. Wendy was also my personal trainer.

You will feel better and look better and have more energy than you ever thought possible after the Deplete week. Just remember: B, C, D, B, C, D B.

Broccoligirl
a/k/a JoAnne
LV the NAME you chose JoAnne!
Yes, I will be bugging you for information - I'm thinking we really need a POSITIVE thread here for us Crack/Conquer people to discuss the in's and out of the program...what ya think

PLEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ don't take offense "Golden Girls" you ALL have been fantastic keeping me in line

B, C, D...B, C, D - Do'n the chant NOW!

Thanks JoAnne!

Last edited by PrairieChick; 12-12-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: More comments to make...
Old 12-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Bobbi-Thank You, you are very sweet, in fact everyone here is so wonderful, I did have an off day today, I was so hungry, on my lifting days I find I'm always hungry. So today, totally my fault, spent most of my day with my darling nephew, I forgot to snack, so by dinner time, was waaaay too hungry, I did fine for dinner, but while DH was napping got into the nuts, and long story short, over ate...but that's the past-tomorrow brand new day!!

Bobbi-good luck with your new goal, I also like to change things up, keep the body guessing!

ladyinweighting-take it easy on yourself, running and jumping is great, but take it slow.

Karen-Loved that cookie recipe, good thing I did not have a mouthful of tea in at the time, could of been very messy!!

jess1-Good for You, finishing up your Christmas shopping, I get to Start Mine next Friday, Wow, I'm so far behind, tomorrow I will decorate the tree, and make up my Christmas Cards. Have so much to do-Why am I on the Computer!!

PraireChick-That first week sounds tough, 22 carbs is hard-core tough for me, maybe after the holidays I will read that book. Good Luck, hope it gets easier for you.

Welcome broccoligirl-you will love it here!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and Stay Warm.

Hugs-take care
Old 12-13-2009, 01:30 AM   #144  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Institches21 View Post
PraireChick-That first week sounds tough, 22 carbs is hard-core tough for me, maybe after the holidays I will read that book. Good Luck, hope it gets easier for you.
Yep, it was a little tuff - but it is WELL work the time...it DOES get much easier each day - cuz ya feel so GOOD!

If you are interested - here is a link to the FIRST of a series of the program, it will run WEEKLY - that way people just getting started won't get bogged down in

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...ml#post3045324

See ya there! ~ Kim
Old 12-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #145  

About the "jumping" - talked with my trainer & he suggested that I jump onto my toes rather than full-foot. That helps - not so jarring. I think I will give up on the running - he says VERY tough on knees and hips. I do NOT need more problems.

20 jumps today! I WILL jump on my DD's step!

Lynn
Old 12-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #146  

Good morning, Everyone,

Really dreary here today - we're supposed to get rain - so far, just grey.

Philadelphia was fun - Christmas Market by city hall was nice and dinner tasted very good (but VERY BAD for weight loss goals). Oh well, today is a new day.

Bought a new vegetarian cookbook. Now I need to see how I can make the recipes lower calories/carbs. Will make something from it today.

Lynn
Old 12-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #147  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Thank YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
About the "jumping" - talked with my trainer & he suggested that I jump onto my toes rather than full-foot. That helps - not so jarring. I think I will give up on the running - he says VERY tough on knees and hips. I do NOT need more problems.

20 jumps today! I WILL jump on my DD's step!

Lynn
Thans Lynn! That is great advice you passed on from your trainer....
I just ordered some "rocking" shoes from my daughter who sells Avon - so many GREAT feedbacks on the shoes! Just can't seem to cough up the $$$ that Sketches wants for theirs right now...plan on using them for errands, jump rope, walking - anything I'm doing that will require a workout on my feet.

I only run when I have to, like when someone is after me!!!

Have a GREAT day! ~ Kim
Old 12-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #148  

Good Morning all,

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I did have a good day. Nothing special, just the kids over. Wait, that is a VERY special day!

Still getting my Christmas together. I guess i'll be out there the day before Christmas trying to find one more thing. I can only stay out for a short time, so it's difficult to get much done.

Lynn, Any exercise needs to be started slowely. You're using muscles that you haven't used before. I can't run either, i've tried many times. Too hard on my ankles. But i walk very fast. We do what we can.

Donna, Your diet is mine too. Journal, count calories, be prepared. I've tried all the "fads" and anything works for awhile, but I have to have something I can use for the long run.

Bobbi, I have to have the good carbs too. I'm very careful what I eat, but the body's main source of energy is carbs.

Kim, god bless you girl. That diet just sounds way too complicated for me. I'm glad it's working well for you. I've seen those shoes from Avon too. Anxious to see how they work. Be sure to let us know.

Institches, Don't you love lifting? It's my favorite exercise. It just makes me feel strong!

Z, Hope the baby is doing ok. So scary when out little ones are sick. And isn't it amazing how they bounce back?

Hi Broccoli girl, Welcome, and come back often. Always interested in learning new things and listening to new ideas.

Everyone have a blessed Sunday,

Freda
Old 12-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #149  
Donna

Good Morning, All...... going to be a lovely day here (so sayeth the WeatherFools). We'll see, but I'm hoping for the best!

Glad to see that everyone's doing okay. Freda, happy to see you back. We've missed you!

Good day, Everyone. Onward and downward...

And... On the first day of Christmas.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christmas - Jesue is the Reason.jpg (14.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #150  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Kim, god bless you girl. That diet just sounds way too complicated for me. I'm glad it's working well for you. I've seen those shoes from Avon too. Anxious to see how they work. Be sure to let us know.
Freda
Freda - I'm glad it is working for me too! I have been on SO MANY different ones it is not even funny! Would GAG at the thought of starting another "Diet". But for some reason, this one hit me and hit me hard - just had to try it!

What program are you using, with my "some timers" I tend to forget if you have mentioned it to me before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Good Morning, All...... going to be a lovely day here (so sayeth the WeatherFools). We'll see, but I'm hoping for the best!

Glad to see that everyone's doing okay. Freda, happy to see you back. We've missed you!

Good day, Everyone. Onward and downward...

And... On the first day of Christmas.....
I love the picture you added below "Jesus is the REASON for the Season" - so I copied the story behind it...legend or not...it is still a wonderful tradition to take up at Christmas!

Quote:
The Story of the Candy Cane
Posted in: Articles about Holidays
By Author Unknown

Long ago there were two villages in a far-off land. One was in a valley, and one was on a mountain top. The people in the mountain village wanted to give each person in the valley a Christmas gift. So the mountain townspeople formed a committee to think of something special. Money was limited, and each gift had to be of equal value to each person. After much time and discussion a decision was finally reached. The town's candy maker, an elderly gentleman who had loved Jesus for many years, came up with an idea - the candy cane. Now, you may be thinking, what is so special about a candy cane - and how can it ever be tied in with the real meaning of Christmas? Well, here is how - and why...

1. The candy cane is in the shape of a shepherd's staff. Jesus is our Shepherd, and we are His flock. A sheep follows his own shepherd, knows his voice, trusts him and knows that he is totally safe with him. The sheep will follow no other shepherd than their own. In the same way, if we belong to Jesus, we are to follow only Him. (John 10:11; Psalm 23:1; Isaiah 40:11)

2. Turned over, the candy cane is a "J," the first letter of Jesus' name. (Luke 1:31) It is made of hard candy to remind us that Christ is the "rock" of our salvation.

3. The wide red stripes on the candy cane represent the blood Jesus shed on the cross for each one of us so that we can have eternal life through Him. He restores us and cleans us with His shed blood - the only thing that can wash away our sin. (Luke 22:20)

4. The white stripes on the candy cane represent Jesus' virgin birth and His pure, sinless life. He is the only human being ever who never committed a single sin, even though He was tempted just as we are. (1 Peter 2:22)

5. The narrow red stripes on candy canes symbolize Jesus' stripes, or scars, which He got when He was arrested and whipped. The Bible says we are healed (of sin) because He took those wounds. (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24)

6. The flavoring in the candy cane is peppermint, which is similar to hyssop. Hyssop is of the mint family and was used in Old Testament times for purification and sacrifice. (John 19:29; Psalm 51:7)

7. When we break our candy cane, it reminds us that Jesus' body was broken for us. When we have communion, it is a reminder of what He did for us. (1 Corinthians 11:24)

8. AND, if we share our candy cane and give some to someone else because we love that person, we are sharing the love of Jesus. (1 John 4:7,8) God gave Himself to us when He sent Jesus to earth to save us. He loves us so much that He wants us to spend eternity with Him. We are assured of that when we accept Jesus into our hearts as our Savior. (John 1:12; John 3:3,16)

Some people believe this story of the candy cane is only a legend. Others believe it really happened this way. We do not know for sure exactly how the candy cane was invented, but one thing is certain... it is an excellent picture of Christ and His love for you. You can accept Jesus into your heart through a prayer like this:

Dear God, Thank You for loving me enough to send Jesus for Christmas. I believe Jesus died for my sins, and I accept Him now as my Savior. I promise to follow Him and share His love with others the best that I can. Amen.
See ya Lighter!
Kim
Closed Thread