Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

I survived...night...karen3
Old 11-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #107  

Morning all...This chilly weather has got to stop!

Must tell you that the turkey day went over well. I announced before the game that I wanted to invite everyone to my house for a Thanksgiving day dinner, but looking at this motley group decided to do it here. Several of the older members came up and were so glad to have had a chance to eat with a group. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, and one old guy drew me a turkey and a note for it all. Everyone was happy. Nice Day. Then came home and 2 hours later still could not get the game posted online. Ended up sending it to our CP genius and he got it up.

So everyone had a happy feast day, but me. Had my good breakfast then forgot to eat or drink until 8pm last night.And my pedometer died...I know I walked more than 4 steps.....

The cream cheese cranberry dip that I used Triple Sec in instead of OJ was beyond good. Actually had people writing the recipe down. Hey 8oz cr cheese and 1/2c mayo, dried cranberries, chopped nuts and Triple Sec. Make today serve tomorrow at room temp.....Funny make a cake(box) in 13" pan and usually have few slices left until end of day but the bundt shaped cake was consumed in 1st half hour. Must have been the cold weather but people ate and ate....Nothing came home. Even the Thanksgiving Shepherd's pie went.

Need to get crackin....have to get house cleaned up for guests. Geesh, yesterday the handle to my refrig broke...cracked at top. The darn thing is 2 years old. Can see where it screws in to top of door but not how it's attached to bottom. And Sears will charge a fortune to service it....I'll call parts and beg for info. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs

Personals later...bye Karen3
Old 11-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #108  

Is the world empty? Am I alone out here???????k
Old 11-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #109  

Hi Karen ..u are not alone..having a lazy day and just getting my peepers open sounds like your dinner was a huge success I'm going to try that recipe..hope everyone else is having a great weekend rosey
Old 11-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #110  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good evening everyone. Karen3, it's so nice to get a little note of appreciation like you did from that gentleman. When I was at our health seminar on Thursday night and people were sampling the food a young woman came up to me and was talking about the food and how much she was enjoying it. Then she said, "I don't know if you know, but I have cancer and all this food is so nutritious for me and has the nutrients to help me fight cancer." I was floored. She looked so healthy but she is taking chemo right now. She's only in her 30s. But I felt so good to know I was helping her. She told me she has cancer in her chest wall but the tumor is shrinking. So hopefully she'll survive this dreaded disease.

Good news this evening. DS#2 and his GF were engaged last night but didn't tell us til tonight. Her sister got married yesterday and they didn't want to steal her thunder so they held back until tonight to let everyone know. A summer wedding may be coming up.

Lost another 1.5 pounds when I weighed in this morning.

Catch you all later.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Here I am again. Finished my course, and back from my genealogy trip to Salt Lake City. Will be around until 12/23 - my dd, & s-i-l and I are off to France for Christmas and New Years.

Bobbi, I ordered the sampler pkg of the pbutter online. No stores within 50 miles of me.

Linda, looks like you are doing well. You are close to your goal of 1?? !!! My daily intake of carbs started creeping up & I gained 5 lbs! Started back on track last week. Those carbs can really sneak into your diet quickly!

Gayle, love the photos of you at your dd's wedding.

Isabella, about the bra shopping - I have about 20 bras in my drawer & 1 I wear. Wish I could find the size/style of that one again!

Cat, love your New Orleans photos.

Karen 31, did you find a buyer for your house? My dd gave up - they took their B&B off the market until things turn around.

Freda & YoYo, about exercising. I was having a LOT of trouble getting myself to exercise. Someone here suggested that I switch my timing - I switched to first thing in the morning - before I'm too awake - and now, I get to the gym almost every day.

Karen 3, you are amazing cooking/baking all that stuff & not eating it. When I quit eating carbs, I gave up baking. I used to be the cookie-baker of the family. No more.

YoYo, Congratulations on quitting smoking. I always tell folks I've quit more things than most people ever try. Smoking, drinking, caffeine, diet pills, sleeping pills, pain pills... Hardest of all is controlling eating. With everything else, you can just stop.

Rosey, Christmas! You really are an early bird.

Lily, I am just returning after some time away. Good to see you again. Cutting out wheat must be difficult. It's pretty easy to get stuff that is fat-free or sugar-free, but I don't think there is a lot of wheat-free stuff around.
I was up to 153 - am now back down to 149. Hope to get to 140 by the time I leave for France.

Lynn
Old 11-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #112  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Still busy . . . and it's snowing again . . . seems that now if finally got started it doesn't know how to stop.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #113  

Morning its snowing like crazy here today..dd is coming to help me clean for turkey day.. there will be about 27 of us and there's just some things i can't do from a wheel chair or my walker..so she offered to help,shes a treasure for sure..hoping u all have a great day (((hugs))) rosey
Old 11-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #114  

Hi all...just a fly by. OMG Lynn you have had some wonderful trips this year. England in the Spring and now Frances. That glow you see behind the screen is my green with envy!

Rosey...How far you have come this year to be doing Thanksgiving even with help that's a load. Good going old gal!

Linda...suck this cold air back up North. We don't need it down here.

YoYo...Stop even thinking about puffing cause we're watching you!! Have you tried the gum? It gave me such hiccups that I couldn't smoke. Didn't stop the craving but king size hiccups....Sounded like the little train who could could could.....

Lily...We never know when we reach out and touch someone. You are lucky to have heard the touch. That is the best hug in the whole world.

Okay guys this planet warming has got me chilled to the bone. Us Floridians freeze at 50 and nights has gone way below that. So if you all inhale a deep breathe maybe we'll warm up.

WI tomorrow.....fingers crossed...I did good eating but not enough excercise. My right hip still hurts from Daytona. Bought everything for Thursday's dinner. Funny but feels like a repeat???? hmmmmm

Karen3...what's your weather like? Am tickled waiting for Dh'd friend to move out there 1st of Jan. Gonna shock him a bite.....Darnest unplanned plan I ever heard of.

hugs, Karen3
Old 11-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Bobbi,

When I ordered the pbutter sampler, comes with peanut oil. Do you add the oil to the powder? If so, does that make it the same # of calories as regular pbutter?

Lynn
Old 11-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #116  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Quote:
When I ordered the pbutter sampler, comes with peanut oil. Do you add the oil to the powder? If so, does that make it the same # of calories as regular pbutter?
??????????I don't have a clue what a Pbutter sampler is or that it come with peanut oil? Are we talking about the same thing? The pb2 comes dry in a jar and you add 1-2 Tablesoons water, that's all. 12 grams of powder mixed with water make two tablespoons of peanut butter, 53 calories. Maybe they sent a sample of some peanut oil they are starting to sell? I don't know anything about that, sorry. Did you already receive your order? I'm going to look at their web site and see what a sampler is.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:28 AM   #117  

Height: 5' 8"

Morning all

Hope you all had a glorious weekend!
Getting ready for our trip to CA for the holiday weekend. The Girls have their reservation all set for their regular suite at the doggie hotel. I have so many more cute clothes than I've ever had I'm having trouble decidiing what to pack

Getting really concerned about the way the scale is bouncing though - Afraid I'm going to have to adjust my ticker up another couple of pounds again! Not sure what the heck is happening since I'm still being really careful about my eating and logging in FitDay - all that happy stuff. I was threatening to drop calories all the way back to 1200 until my metabolism gets over the shock of not having the nicotine boost any more. Looks like I'm going to have to make good on that threat - Thanksgiving or not.

Have a wonderful day ladies
Old 11-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #118  

YoYo...phew If I remember right nicatine is a stumulant and your metabolism is all over the chart without that fix. This will straighten out shortly. Hang in there and continue watching and staying OP. Karen3
Old 11-24-2008, 11:34 AM   #119  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
We have the carpet layer here, had to put up a door divider gate so 'Charlie' wouldn't lick him to death.
Lynn...I just checked out the Bell Plantation to see what you posted about. I didn't know they sold peanut oil and you're lucky you get a free sample. Great for stir-frying!
My copy/paste isn't working this morning for some strange reason, I had a great recipe for 'Muffin Stuffing' I want to paste. Anyone else having this problem?
Later...............
Old 11-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #120  
Bobbi

I re-booted my cp and now the copy/paste works again.
I was cleaning out some of my documents and found this recipe, haven't tried it yet. Also the 'stuffin muffins'. Yes meowee, I know you have a section for recipes but I never think to look there.
Quote:

Stuffing Muffins

Ingredients
1 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 cups sliced mushrooms
1 tsp margarine
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
8 cups dried low calorie bread cubes(or regular, many more calories)
1 cup chicken broth or bouillon
2 egg whites, slightly beaten (or 1 whole egg, more calories)
1 chopped apple, peeled (DH loves raisins so I'll add some)

Saute' vegetables in 1 tsp of margarine over medium heat.
Mix together spices and add to vegetables when tender.
Blend together chicken broth and lightly beaten egg.
Place dried bread cubes in a large bowl.
Add seasoned vegetables and then drizzle with broth/egg mixture, tossing lightly until thoroughly coated.
Using your hands, make 12 slightly compact stuffing balls and place in muffin tin that has been greased with nonfat cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes until tops are crispy.
Time saving tip: This stuffing can be made ahead and prepped into the muffin tins then either baked while meat is being carved or baked the day before and reheated in the microwave.
Number of Servings: 12

Quote:
Low Cholesterol Scalloped Potatoes
4 cups thinly sliced raw potatoes
1 onion
1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
3 tablespoons whole grain flour
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons low cholesterol margarine
1 1/2 cups skim milk
Directions
1. Layer potatoes and onions in casserole, sprinkling flour between each layer.

2. Heat milk and margarine and season with salt, pepper, and parsley. Pour sauce over all layers.

3. Bake 1 hour covered at 350� F. Remove cover and bake additional 30 minutes.

Makes 6 servings
Closed Thread