Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #31  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I've had two busy days and both have entailed lots of eating out -- tried to make the best choices I could, but since I couldn't track the details, I really don't know. At least the blood sugar readings would seem to indicte that the choices have been pretty well decent from that angle. Hopefully life will be back to normal tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:57 AM   #32  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I never ate enough yesterday and I'm so tired today. I'm sure it's because I didn't get enough food and my energy levels are not where they should be. I was so busy getting ready for the cooking demo I do on Thursday nights I never had supper. Actually, DH was an hour late coming home as he had an unexpected late bus run. That put me an hour behind getting to town and a real rush job picking up the last few grocery items for the demo. I ate a banana and had a few samples of food but didn't want to eat too much so late at night. So therefore I feel tired today. I'll refuel over the day and hopefully my energy levels should be up after lunch.

The weekend is upon us so I expect the boards will be almost empty the next couple of days or maybe even longer as it's a long weekend for some. DH has Monday and Tuesday (Remembrance Day in Canada) off. I might get some shopping done this weekend. Some real shopping. I need a new bra so that'll entail a trip to the fitting room, which I hate, but nonetheless a necessity.

My weigh in is tomorrow and I'm hoping for at least another pound loss. Last week was only half pound but I think I was retaining a bit of water around the ankles as they seemed a bit mushy to me.

Well, have a good weekend whatever you're planning on doing.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #33  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning and thank you Canada for the lovely white snow this morning. The weather map show a huge swirl of snow coming from Canada and looks like it'll be an all dayer. I talked DH into taking me into town in his 4 wheel drive since I hate driving on icy roads. It's a necessary trip, have to pick up two GS jerseys and sew his last name on them for tomorrow's hockey games.
Isabella...What a fun job doing demo's! I did a cooking demo for our local t.v. station once and I throughly enjoyed it. What do you demo, the food or the cooking pots/pans?

Quote:
I was so busy getting ready for the cooking demo I do on Thursday nights
We better get going, weatherman said possible white outs with our wind. Bye bye!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #34  

Height: 5' 8"

Hiya

Drive safe Bobbi! I don't think I would even remember how to drive in the snow anymore. May have to relearn though - looks like my company is going to insist that I go to the new facility in KC for about 3 days in December I don't wanna but if I don't it might effect my severance package so I guess I sorta hafta

If I don't make it back later - wishing you all a safe and wonderful weekend
Old 11-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #35  
Isabella

Bobbi, my church is doing a healthy living seminar and I'm the healthy food demonstrator. Last night we did healthy breakfasts. I did 100% whole wheat bread and a slow cooker cereal with wheat berries, quinoa, barley, and steel cut oats. We added unsweetened applesauce and coconut but I'd leave out the coconut as it adds too much fat. The grains are cooked with a 1:3 ratio of grain:water. Also add a pinch of salt or to taste. We did one cup of mixed grains and 3 cups water and 1/2 cup applesauce and cook over night on low setting. You can add cinnamon, nutmeg etc also. Makes a nice hot cereal. We also did an alternate pancake syrup with thickened 100% juice concentrate diluted with one can of water and added frozen or fresh berries. Very nice. I used pineapple juice and a frozen mixed berry mix. The raspberry flavor really came through.

Here's my latest milk drink. Just like a milk shake if you add a few ice cubes when blending. According to fitday.com it's about 175 calories, 0.3g fat, 35.4g carbohydrates, 9.8g protein.

1 cup skim milk
1/2 medium banana
3 small dates

Blend all together and drink. Add ice cubes for a colder ice cream like treat.

You're welcome for the snow. I'll take rain any day.

Hey, Yoyo. I hear you on the severance package. You don't want to mess that up. I put mine in an RRSP (registered retirement savings plan) so I wouldn't get the income tax taken out in one huge lump. I've been taking a small amount out every year and hope to have it all removed before I'm 60.

Have a great weekend Golden Girls.

Last edited by retiredone; 11-07-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #36  
Onward and Downward

Another hectic day . . . very unusal for me to get so busy and especially since it keeps cropping up unexpectedly. Must learn how to say no to people, this is really making a mess out of my good eating intentions. Today, I was able to track at least, but I'm not happy that Reese's peanut butter cups managed to cross my path at a very vulnerable moment.

Other than that ---it's still mild around here but it's done nothing but rain, rain, rain today; but it's definitely better to drive in than snow. And our gas is still going down today it's sitting at $0.92 a litre (under $4.00 a gallon) and this is the lowest it's been in two years.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....I'm back and a day early. Long story and to thumb nail it. Our partners acted like weepy teens and fought the entire week. Yup, even at the bridge table. It was sad. They have tickets for Vegas next month and I have no idea how they will survive that together. The tournament and hotel were wonderful and already excited for next year's trip.

We stopped in Ocala at the new Dillards. I have never been in a Dillards but their ads are wonderful. It was very nice, but it unleashed the shopper mode in Susan and she shopped for 2 hours. I finally went out to the car and read. 5 days for bridge left me too brain dead to shop.

My friends the chocoalchoics are coming for Thanksgiving and I didn't toss the left over Halloeen candy away. Must admit that it was calling me all night. When you are tired everything says cooooooooooooome!

Today and tomorrow are my 2 free days this month. So with DH getting his fishing gear together dash and I will be home alone quietly for the day. That sounds so lovely.

Years ago DH and I drove across the top of the states on Rt 10 from Montana to Minn. That was when I finally understood why they call those cold fronts "Artic Clippers". There's nothing to stop the winds from howling down the plains. We had planned to retire and live in NW Montana....ha, blood got thin and now even Florida gets chilly.

YoYo...good luck in KC. Got me a warning thicket there last year!

Isabella...Is Remembrance Day like our Veterans Day 11/11?

Bobbi...icy roads! ugh!!

Well it's 10am and I still haven't shower....need to do something. Have a nice weekend all....hugs, Karen3
Old 11-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #38  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hey Ladies! Hope you all have a great weekend!

It was a busy busy work week, but did get Election day off, so I headed out to the marsh with my buddy so he could scout out a good place for putting "used" Christmas trees to help with wetland erosion. Had a lot of fun picture taking.
We are heading out for a memorial mass for a friend of my parents. Since we are the only family members left in the area, we really have to go make an appearance.
Looks like another busy week followed by relay for life next saturday. We have a team from school participating and then a lunch with friends after that. Can't wait for Thanksgiving holiday week to be off of school!!

Karen, I tried taking back a pair of jeans that were too big to Dilliards yesterday and they would not let me return them because I had removed the tags. I wore them for about an hour and they bagged out unbelieveably. I've shopped there for many many years and many years before that when they were D.H. Holmes and refuse to ever spend a penny there again. Expensive Liz Clairborne jeans and I just wanted to exchange them for a smaller size that would not bag out. they "increased" by at least 2 sizes within one hour..grrrrr.

Last edited by femmecreole; 11-08-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #39  
Onward and Downward

Old 11-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #40  
Isabella

Hello everyone. Good to see you back Karen3 and glad you had a good week. Remembrance Day is just like Veteran's Day-- Poppies, 2 minutes of silence. laying of wreaths, etc. The schools have taken Monday off as well for a nice long weekend. We usually go to the War Memorial for the wreath service but didn't get there last year with mom here. I always had trouble keeping my poppy in my coat because the pin keeps falling out but a few years ago I fixed that problem. I take the poppy apart and hot glue the center to the middle of the flower and hot glue a brooch pin on the back. I've not lost a poppy since.

Cat, I understand your frustration. I've boycotted stores before for such indiscretions against my person.

It's rainy, gray and damp here but we don't have to shovel it. Take care everyone and catch you all later.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning....Boy glad I didn't shop in Dillards. The place is so new they are still stocking the shelves and the clerks were all over me like ants on honey. I never respond well to that kind of pressure. The lay out of the store etc reminded me of Boscov's in MD and Va, but think I read they were related to Belk's. (ps looked it up and they had bought out my favorite store in Md Hess not Boscov and actually some old Monkey Wrd stores.)

DH went fishing again early this am. He will be walking sideways like an ole jimmy crab when he gets home with 2 days in a row. Dash has scratched him self raw while I was away. Had a brainstorm yesterday and betcha that the cleaning girl using one of those carpet fresh. So ran the vaccum after tossing the bag and tossed the bag again. Gonna do it again this am. Vaccuming kills my back. But he seems better today. Reason I got the idea was that my feet were itchy. Well off to Publix's for groceries and then to vaccum. Weekends are so excited down here in retirement land. Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 11-09-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:34 AM   #42  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
I woke up with a migraine headache again, I think I need to drink some "Smooth Move". Seriously, my weight has been up and down every other day 1/2 pound. I think my system just needs a good cleaning out. Now unto some positive thinking...........We're closing in on Thanksgiving for us U.S. girls and does anyone have a game plan?
I think it's crucial for all of us to stay motivated right up to Thanksgiving. I have two brothers/spouses and two sisters/spouses and many kids between us, we all get together for both holidays. Thanksgiving we have tons of foods just like you all do, I've been planting the idea in my head that I'll eat whatever I want on that day alone but deep down I'll bet you that I pick and choose very carefully. I'm using reverse psychology on myself, it usually works.

The article below is quite interesting and very true about lack of sleep. Success is believing it can happen.
Have a great week!

Quote:
A light supper, a good night's sleep and a fine morning have often made a hero of the same man, who, by indigestion, a restless night and a rainy morning would have proved a coward.

- Lord Chesterfield, diplomat

Gaining the energy to face the day

Every day you have the choice to be a hero or to take the easy way out. Sounds like an easy decision. After all, who wants to let their goals down? The thing is, courage takes energy. To step up to the plate, you first need the strength to carry the bat. Sleep has far reaching effects on your mood and outlook, in ways you may not even realize. Success starts with a belief that it can happen. Sleep debt can kill that optimism faster than an iceberg can sink a ship. It can also make you more vulnerable to the low-down blues that ruin productivity. Most of all, sleep debt crashes your energy level into a wall. Who feels like staring down a challenge when you can't even keep your eyes open?

Old 11-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #43  
Onward and Downward

Gee, it's very quiet around 3FC the past few days . . . hope things pick up again soon.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #44  

Height: 5' 8"

Morning Ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Morning all....I'm back and a day early. Long story and to thumb nail it. Our partners acted like weepy teens and fought the entire week. Yup, even at the bridge table. It was sad. They have tickets for Vegas next month and I have no idea how they will survive that together. The tournament and hotel were wonderful and already excited for next year's trip.

YoYo...good luck in KC. Got me a warning thicket there last year!

Karen3
Sorry your partners put a bit of a damper on your trip Karen3 but sounds like you made the best of it anyway. I'm thinkin I'm not going to drive in KC - I'll make 'em chauffeur me around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning Girls!
I woke up with a migraine headache again, I think I need to drink some "Smooth Move". Seriously, my weight has been up and down every other day 1/2 pound. I think my system just needs a good cleaning out. Now unto some positive thinking...........We're closing in on Thanksgiving for us U.S. girls and does anyone have a game plan?
I think it's crucial for all of us to stay motivated right up to Thanksgiving. I have two brothers/spouses and two sisters/spouses and many kids between us, we all get together for both holidays. Thanksgiving we have tons of foods just like you all do, I've been planting the idea in my head that I'll eat whatever I want on that day alone but deep down I'll bet you that I pick and choose very carefully. I'm using reverse psychology on myself, it usually works.

The article below is quite interesting and very true about lack of sleep. Success is believing it can happen.
Have a great week!
We'll be going to Cali to spend the weekend with my ILs. Always a really great time with tons of yummy food so my plan is to skip the breads, dressing, and desserts but let myself have as much turkey and salads (with oil & vinegar dressing only) as I feel like. Going to stick with my new habit of eating slowly and pausing between bites to make sure I'm not full and stopping before I feel stuffed. Not all that nervous about it since I seem to have lost my taste for sweets. The only thing that has me a teensy bit concerned is that by then I won't be smoking. I hope that my ability to resist the sweet stuff holds up through my taste buds waking up.

Busy day ahead so better get rolling. Have a wonderful day all
Old 11-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #45  
Isabella

I have one suggestion for Thanksgiving. Let the turkey get stuffed and the rest of you just eat normally as you can.

It is quiet around the boards. Some people have a long weekend because of Remembrance/Veteran's Day so they may not be around. DH is working on the kitchen cupboards in the basement apt. We don't use it as an apartment but I want the kitchen part left just in case we ever have to rent it or sell. I've been waiting for months for these cupboards to be done and I'm guessing it'll be months before they are finally finished. No rush on his part but I want them done so I can clean up the mess down there with all the saw dust and tools.

We have a nice sunny and mild day today. The sky is so blue and no clouds in sight as I write. It's alright, too because we had rain since Thursday night and I'm glad to see a bit of blue sky. We were shopping yesterday and drove home in the dark around supper time. What a miserable wet drive that was. I hate the long winter nights.

Must go exercise. I bought a new resistance band yesterday and I'm going to give it its maiden workout.
Closed Thread