Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:56 AM   #91  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

hijude, I'm a calorie counter. I have a calorie target every day, and I use FitDay (computer program) to track my progress. I list every food I eat during the day, and the FitDay program looks up the cals and keeps a running total for me. It also helped me to plan my target based on the rate at which I want to lose.

I try to get good nutrition as well--that is, I get my calories from a decent mix of proteins/fats/carbs rather than from fast foods, junk food, etc.

Jay
Old 12-18-2007, 10:25 AM   #92  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Things are a little brighter around here -- as long as you can manage to stay off the ice-covered roads . . .

Have a great moving and shaking day . . .
Old 12-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #93  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Ditto to Jay's post for my weight-loss plan. I am also a vegetarian and try to eat as many non-processed foods as possible.
I try to exercise at least 5 hours per week doing a variety of activites.

Linda - glad that the weather is improving. It was lovely here today - sun shining and in the upper 20s.

I made a yummy supper tonight. I took my usual waffle recipe and added okara (leftover soy sludge from making homemade soy milk), pumpkin puree and pumkin pie spice. DH used maple syrup, but I topped mine with yogurt.

I hope everyone had a POP day
Old 12-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #94  
Onward and Downward

and very cold -- going to make the last (I hope) before Christmas trip to the Malls today.

Have a fun time moving and shaking it, gang . . .
Old 12-19-2007, 10:31 AM   #95  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

You won't see me in a mall. No way.

Jay
Old 12-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #96  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
You won't see me in a mall. No way.

Jay
Same here. The last time I was in a mall was 3 years ago. It was an emergency. I had gone to Phoenix and forgot to pack two lightweight summer dresses that I thought I had, and had to go shopping for something else to wear. It was August, 105 degrees, and all the mall stores were selling were sweaters and long-sleeved heavy stuff. Crazy. I hate malls.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:34 PM   #97  
Onward and Downward

I'm back and actually I don't think things were any more crowded than they've been all month . . . but I was glad to get out of the Mall again.

Main roads are in goood shape but parking lots (some places); driveways and side streets are like skating rinks.

Later, gang . . .
Old 12-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #98  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

hijude -
I'm not following any plan. I'm too rebellious and quirky!

Right now I'm trying something that really doesn't have much to do with diet - maybe I will divulge later. I'm a bit hesitant to say because it involves doing something that is not recommended, but hey.....

"If you aren't playing a big enough game, you'll screw up the game you ARE playing, just to give yourself something to do." - (I think it was Peter McWilliams.)
Old 12-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #99  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey, Spiny, I really like that quotation!!! Wow, it seems true to me on some levels...

Jay
Old 12-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #100  

Linda - I don't get to a mall very often. The nearest one is about 50 miles north. I did a lot of online shopping this year.

Jo - you have my curiosity piqued! I look forward to more details as you are ready to share

I don't think it is just malls that don't understand seasonal merchandise - many of the stores around here are 2 seasons ahead of the calendar. I'm expecting jelly beans and rabbits to be on the shelves Jan. 3rd - LOL

Doing fine here - trying to figure out what clothes I need to take to CA. I finally have a decent wardrobe for work (thanks to 2nd hand stores), but my casual wardrobe is still minuscule. I'm thinking that a few of my work pants and skirts can work if I can pair them with casual tops. Of course, after packing the computer, gifts, trekking poles, and winter gear (for Yosemite), I probably won't have any room left for clothes anyway - LOL.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:59 AM   #101  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

CountingDown, that sounds like a GREAT trip!!!

Jay
Old 12-20-2007, 09:22 AM   #102  
Onward and Downward

Have a fun day everybody . . .
Old 12-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Counting, I hope you aren't thinking about getting away from the snow by visiting the Sierra Nevada! There is quite a storm coming through there right now. We got a little rain from that storm.

I have been on about four major diets since I turned 40. It took me ten years to gain back the weight I lost on the first diet. I took me six months to gain back and then some from the last diet. In spite of this, I don't really think my metabolism is to blame. I think I have gotten in a habit of eating way too much unhealthy food and that I ate more an more over time. My thoughts and behavior are really focused on maintenance of improved habits as much as anything.

I actually think my metabolism is pretty good for an old lady, and if I can maintain my good habits, I can maintain my weight. It is still scarry and I worry about it. I am afraid I will wake up some morning and think that I should be eating a half a jar of peanut butter a day, and DO it.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #104  

Gail - LOL - that is what DH and I have been discussing. But, it is what the kids want, and we only visit them once a year. We will have a good time regardless of the weather. The condo is very cozy (translate that pleasant but very small) and it will be fun, even if we spend a lot of time in the room.

I'm looking forward to the time away from work. I love what I do, but I always love it more when I get away from it for a while

I was blessed to have to go to our farthest elementary building today (about a 20 minute drive from my office). It was beautiful - the sun was shining, the snow glistening in the trees ... And elementary schools are always so much fun this time of year. The decorations the kids have made, they are so excited, all the snow forts on the playground, ahhh
It was a nice respite from the office and computers and whiny teachers and administrators - LOL Now to be fair, only a very few teachers and principals are whiny - most are wonderful. But, it only takes a couple.

Linda - how are the kitties doing? Are they getting better?

Jay, we are excited! We love going to SF and the bay area. We have never been to Yosemite, and have always wanted to go. The more we travel, the more we seem to enjoy it. Each trip is something to savor and has its own unique flavor. I'm blessed to have DH who likes to travel

Last edited by CountingDown; 12-20-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:43 AM   #105  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey chickies and roosters! We haven't seen BillBlueEyes in awhile, though... Are you out there, Bill?

You may remember Bob, the older guy that I see at my community exercise center. Well, come to find out that Bob walks 3 miles a day. Good for Bob!

I didn't make it to the exercise center yesterday--hopefully today!

Christmas baked goods are infiltrating my house... It's like a virus... they come from outside...

Jay
Closed Thread