Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 03:09 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello GG's,
This was just too funny not to share!!

This has to be one of the best singles ads ever printed. It is reported to have been listed in the Atlanta Journal

SINGLE BLACK FEMALE seeks male companionship, ethnicity unimportant.
I'm a very good girl who LOVES to play. I love long walks in the woods, riding in your pickup truck, hunting, camping and fishing trips, cozy winter nights lying by the fire.
Candlelight dinners will have me eating out of your hand.
I'll be at the front door when you get home from work, wearing only what nature gave me.
Call (404) 875-6420 and ask for Daisy, I'll be waiting.

Over 15,000 men found themselves talking to the Atlanta Humane Society...
Old 08-06-2007, 04:07 PM   #92  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Back from the big "C" test

Hi all, I survived the big colonoscopy this am and all is well. Thank you God - and thanks for all your good wishes.

I loved the dog stories for all of you who shared...I think it was Karen and Bobbi? I miss not having a dog...ours died of old age about 4 years ago and we are deciding when would be a good time to get another.

Welcome to our newest member from Mississippi (ooh, I've always wanted to type Mississippi)...was it MaryAnne? If not, I'll get it right next time. I'll go and read your bio next.

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm fine. Went out for a walk after a nice long nap and stopped off at the local JAVA shop for a caramel latte to celebrate. Weigh-in tonight.

Lyn
Old 08-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #93  
lynard

Ok, I was close...Welcome Marylynn!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #94  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Well, good day to my GOLDEN GIRLIES...we got back last night, and after having slept like the proverbial log in my own lovely bed in the spare bedroom, I am just now sipping my coffee and coming back to life. We got a phone call Friday noon-ish from our friends who like to make the trek up to the White Mountains - they camp, we stay in either a hotel down the road or a b&b when we go (depending on which has an available room) - and we spend the days together with our friends swimming, cooking over the campfire, boating, hanging out and relaxing where there isn’t any cell phone reception, and solving the world‘s many philosophical puzzles and conundrums. So, when they called, we called to see if we could find accommodations, not expecting to get a room at such short notice, but lo & behold, they had one available for us at the hotel, so we called our friends back, and cemented the arrangements.
And so, although I would’ve enjoyed spending the weekend with just DH at the ocean, this was ever so much more enticing. (DH & I certainly talk plenty, but I’ve already heard his views on just about everything, and some of our friends, and friends-of-friends always manage to put a new twist on things.) We had a terrific time, too. Met a new face - fellow who has his own syndicated radio talk show - and he’d like to do an interview with DH that might be amusing. I had a go-to with a retired philosophy prof, and scored some pretty decent points - even got applauded once or twice - and that was a lot of fun! Also got a few more layers of (safe) tan, and oops...this isn’t so pleasant...went OFF-PLAN.. not, surprisingly, when we were up there because I had packed a cooler with stuff that I could eat - even made my *famous* Fiber One meatballs & Healthy Choice sauce - but was so tired and cranky - and HUNGRY - when we got home last night (was too tired to stop at a restaurant; just wanted to get home) that I ate some of those thin ginger cookies, and then four of those freaking Pepperidge Farm cookies - oh, WHAT are they called? (I crumpled the little white bag quickly after emptying it) OH! They’re Milano cookies! I TOLD my daughter to take them home with her the last time they came here for dinner, because if they sat in the cupboard here, I would sooner or later EAT the foolish things! Well, it was a self-fulfilling prophecy, because I sure did polish them off last night. Oh - AND I ate three - count -‘em - THREE of those little 50-calorie FF/SF puddings with FF/SE whipped cream. BUT before you judge me too harshly here, I want to say in my own defense that I DID sprinkle some Fiber One cereal on top !
BUT THIS MORNING I AM RIGHT BACK ON-PLAN! That’s right! You betcha! My weight-ticker might not be moving much (I was down four ounces before we left for NH) but my clothes sure are fitting better and I’m feeling loads better, too. So take THAT, Mister Scale !
Oh, and while we were up there breathing all of that gloriously untainted woods air, I slept horribly because I was in a big bed in the SAME room, even, with DH, whom I love dearly, but with whom I really and truly cannot sleep because he snores so loudly and at such frequent intervals. I have officially told him that he MUST get checked for sleep apnea, and he will make an appointment post haste.
And that’s the news from lake Woebegone, folks.
And Moxie, your reminder that “every day is a new day to get back on program” was needed this morning. Thanks !
Nice to have YOU back among us, Bobbi...I do hope that things get settled with your MIL soon. It’s such a shame that your veggies are all going by. I wish I could get over there and do some picking for you. (Picture me standing in the middle of your tomato patch with tomato juice & seeds running down my chin, and saying, “Who? Me? I didn’t eat any tomatoes! I was jes’ picken’ ‘em! Honest!”
Oh, jeeze, Cat - the nightmare of the modern world - plastic that doesn’t work! I never carry any cash, either, and I know I should. We had to go a couple of days with non-functioning cards a few years back when Bank of America bought Bank of Boston, and it was tres inconvenient. Sobering, even, when you consider how difficult it is to navigate the world without your plastic these days. We had CREDIT credit cards, but no ATM debit cards, and I was amazed to discover how often I needed it - even for really small, insignificant purchases. Well, I’m glad yours was fixed so quickly. I suppose the good thing about ours going out was that they notified us in advance, and even sent us new cards that would be okay to activate as of a given date, so we didn’t have to get embarrassed trying to use an invalid card.
Phyllis! My sister lived in Palm Beach Fl for over 20 years, and I was ALWAYS tanner than she was! She said they just went from air-conditioned houses into air-conditioned cars and from there into air-conditioned office buildings and shopping malls and restaurants and wherever because of the heat! As for stalling on your weight loss, you’re not alone, dearest. I may have been down a whopping four ounces before we left for the weekend, but you can bet if I stepped on the scale right now (which I have no intentions of doing, trust me!) I would most probably be UP a few pounds. I am refusing to let it dictate to me. I am THIS CLOSE to burning my scale in a ritual funeral fire.
Okay, Trish....time for you and I to get back on plan here.....
Welcome Deb & Peg...nice to meetcha!
Hi Meowee-Linda...those cats of yours sure do keep you hopping, eh? They’re so cute I imagine it’s hard to get miffed at them, though. I think I’d be following around behind them with a camera.
Hey, Lily...hope you have a good week, too!
Good luck with the colonoscopy, Lyn.
Good luck with the colonoscopy, Lyn.
(I couldn’t help it; I HAD to say it twice. I’m such a smart-a**, eh?)
Welcome, Marylynn!
Karen, it’s actually very encouraging, I would think, that people are coming through to look at your place. It sounds like the real estate market is a little more vigorous there than it is here. I swear, around here, every street has three or four houses for sale, and I don’t mean LONG streets, either. Probably 3 or 4 out of every 20 at least. It’s a buyer’s market hereabouts, and my youngest daughter, who bought her house two years ago is a little miffed because she could probably get twice the house in today’s market for her money.
Hiya Lynn, glad you’re enjoying your trip. I hated coming home last night. Now I don’t want to go to work tomorrow!
Jo-annie...where are you, m’dear? Still on vaca???
And Theresa! Where are YOU, Theresa??? Show yourself, woman!
LindaD, hope all is well with you, and that you're enjoying your perfect weather along with my darling son...
Okay, undoubtedly I have missed some of us. I claim exhaustion. I need one more good night’s sleep to make up for the two I spent waking up every hour on the hour to DH’s trumpeting. So, if I haven’t said something to you, it’s because YOU haven’t posted recently (See how cleverly I turn this all back onto YOU...) or because I’m old and tired, and old, tired people have really lousy memories.
I couldn’t ride my bike today. It’s been raining. I’m glad.

TTFN,

Zoe
Old 08-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #95  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

I've been enjoying reading your posts, and if there's room for one more, I'd like to join you. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Take care
Old 08-06-2007, 06:43 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 235/230/155

Height: 5ft8in

Well I'm off work and eating a salad since my husband and daughter are both working late. Thought I'd see what everyone else has been up to. I see we have another southerner join us. Hi Marylynn from Mississippi! We are the new kids on the block. My second day on WW Diet and so far so good. (Yeah until I have a bad day at work and go for the chocolate that is! ) Not very optimistic of me is it? I'm taking one day at a time. I actually walked yesterday. Tried to talk my husband into it but not successful. Maybe if I take the lead he will eventually follow. Any wise words from the man of the group?
Karen- the want ad was cute. Can't wait to show it to my husband
Peg- I'm with you on the picture thing. I quess we will both figure it out eventually.
Cat- It is nice to have family at home-enjoy
Lily- It's 90 and hot, hot, hot here in Tennessee.
Lynn- glad you had good report- Those things are not fun!
Bobbi- Maxine joke sounds like my definition of exercise.
Linda- How many cats do you have? I lost mine a few years back. Now we have two dogs, three ducks that visit twice daily and I don't know how many squirrels that we feed.
Did I miss anyone? If so I am sorry.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome Gayle! There is always room here and an open door! I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Deb, It sounds like you have a plan and that is a good thing! I ended up having a salad and a Lean Cuisine tonight. It was pretty good. Glad that you liked the want ad~~ I thought it was cute.

Zoe, It sounds like you had a really nice weekend ----- OK except for the sleepless nights!! When we lived back there my inlaws had a cabin on a lake in Maine and we visited there. The lake was Weserrunset ( I know that probably isn't spelled right) but it was pretty nice to be there. Of course, Tim and I had only been married about 6 months at that time so any place was nice!! Don't worry about anything that you might have gained while gone--- Just remember the good time that you had. The weight will come off. I am still back and forth between 159 and 160 since we got back from vacation but I know I need to step it up and get back into the walking and that will change!

Bobbi it was good to hear from you. I hope things are going to smooth out for you soon.

We had the lending company that we are working with call today and say that a guy has sent all his information and they are doing credit checks and all that good stuff for the house. The agent said that it looked like it was going to be "quite an uphill struggle but not impossible". So I hope we get good news from that. Still haven't heard anymore from the couple that looked at it. I may wait a couple days and then call and see what they have found out if anything.

Cat, I have had that nightmare so many times.... I try to carry a little cash with me just in case--- you can never tell about computers!!

Linda, I'll bet you could get some really good videos of those "Kitties" But you would have to have "nanny cams" set up everywhere!! I'll bet they are fun to watch!

Moxie, Phyllis, Trish, Peg, Lily, Lyn, Marylynn Hello to you all!

Joanne and Theresa, Where are you? Guess we need to go and see if we can find you--

Hi Gary!!

Well, I'll try to get back here later.. We have more storms rolling through! Take care, Karen
Old 08-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #98  
Moxiesd

S/C/G: 235/175/155

Height: 5'2"

Hello to Marylynn & Gayle

It's been one of those slow days. The weather here is very heavy, the report is that we should expect some violent weather later tonight. (If I get blown away.....it's been a nice ride ladies!!!)

Loved the doggy tales. (I wonder if any of the 15,000 callers decided to adopt??

I am supposed to go to a family weekend reunion, and so I decided to bring a peanut butter dip with whole wheat pretzels, fruit with yogurt cheese and walnuts, and a garden salad. Should be something for everyone....and hopefully I can avoid the baked beans, potatoe salad, fried chicken, cake, bars, cookie, chips....etc....just gotta remember to stay away from the banquet tables!! (Do you suppose a horse ride would equate to exercise??)

Thanks for the information Lynn...I'm wishing the appointment was over already.

Have a great day...all you busy golden goddesses & Gary too!!
Margaret
Old 08-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #99  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi gang . . . just thought I'd stop in to say GOODNIGHT . . . it's definitely bedtime here in Atlantic Canada . . . we have an extra time-zone (Atlantic) that's an hour before Eastern so it's now after 10 pm here. Actually we have another really strange one that's another half-hour before Atlantic (for Newfoundland . . . but then there are some that say everything about the Newfies is strange anyway).

Karen . . . that was a great story about the Humane Society. Also the one about your dogs is cute . . . amazing how they each have their own little quirks isn't it.

Lynn . . . glad to hear you are having a great trip so far.

Lyn . . . wonderful news about the test, Chickie. I'm so pleased for you.

Zoe . . . wow, that sounds like a really great weekend and that really doesn't sound like a terrible binge, girl . . . especially since you made it so healthy with the Fibre 1.

Deb . . . you can't go wrong with salad . . . well, not as long as you are careful what you use for dressing. I have six cats -- two old guys of 13 (he's black and has diabetes) and 11 (he's very hairy and very grey) -- an almost two year-old calico (female, of course) -- and the three Bengal Leopard kittens (one male, two female) who are almost 5 months . . . I think that's them all . . . sometimes it feels like there are at least 10 or 11 though,

Gayle . . . to the group and too. It's a great place, hope you love it as much as the rest of us.

Margaret . . . looks like we were posting at the exact same time . . . peanut butter is one of those things I dare not keep in the house. Hope you have a great time and eat healthy stuff only.

Well . . . better get to bed now. Here's a great big for everybody else. See you all tomorrow. Have a great evening.

Last edited by meowee; 08-06-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:33 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hello everyone,
Welcome to all of the new folks. I am sure you will like visiting here, frequently I hope.

I have not been on much lately. Internet problems abound.
I think Our Modem is dying now. It keeps overheating. So If I am not on as much, Never fear, I will be back.

I have been managing to keep my weight loss, considering I have not been going to Curves for 3 weeks…That’s not to bad. Only down 2 pounds for the month of July.

I will be back to right more in the a.m…If I can get on.
for today, I am tired.
have a nice evening everyone.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:44 AM   #101  
lynard

Default Tuesday - back to work

Hi all,

Theresa - congrats on the 2# loss for July. Good luck with the modem.

Wecome Gayle....introduce yourself when you have time.

Zoe - Yes, yes I accidentally posted twice due to my slow home computer...before I forget...my DH had HORRIBLE TERRIBLE snoring and sleep apnea and he did go get checked out and is now on a Continuous positive Air pressure machine at night. It has saved our marriage! (Not really, but it's nice to be able to sleep in the same bed now...let alone same room. I used to have to sleep in the attic.) The mask is not the most romantic thing in the world, but believe me it beats the alternative.

I'm back at work...can't u tell? I lost 1.6 # at my wiegh-in last night. Sure, I know, I fasted all day Sunday for my exam, but I was also good about writing things down the rest of the week...at least through Friday. I'm also doing the WW flex points for anyone else out there who is doing the same. I'm good about sticking to my 25 point daily goal during the week, and saving up my flex points for the weekend, but I lose track over the weekend sometimes...well most times.

Karen - Nice that things are moving forward with he house. We rented our apt to a single mom on housing assistance. Now have to wait for the county to inspect it and give it the ok.

Supposed to be hot again for most of this week. Golf on Thursday should be sweltering again..but hey...I'm tied for third place right now!

We're going up to Canada for our vacation next week. We traded a time share on Georgian Bay (Lake Huron?) about a 90 minutes north of Toronto. Really looking forward to a relaxing week. Supossedly have a 18 mile beach there.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Lyn
Old 08-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #102  
Moxiesd

Good Day Golden Girls!

It's humid, very warm, and very foggy here. We didn't get much for weather last night, so maybe today it will decide to rain and move on. My hair has turned so kinky with the humid weather, I can barely get a comb through it!

Lyn, good luck with the golfing....3rd place...

I was reading in a book called Asian Health Secrets about weight loss. Here is a short outline of some of the high points.
1) Do some act of kindness, generosity, or good every day.
2) Drink green tea every day
3) Eat dark leafy greens to reduce cravings for sweets.
4).....different color tongues do......for pale tongues chew cloves or use them as tea.
5) Never start the day with cold raw foods or drinks.

They had a segment on diet teas, what herbs to use, use care when starting them. I was in the health food store and saw some diet teas....I only half understandly (is that a word?) read through the ingredients, recognized some of them from having skimmed the book...and decided to try some. Yesterday, I made some hot tea, using 1 diet tea bag and 1 white tea bag for a quart of water. Put it in the tea maker and enjoyed tea during the day, drinking the whole quart of warm tea. About 9:00 PM, I paid the price....oh it was awful....painful....and spent a lot of the time in the bathroom.......Yep, this morning I had "lost" a pound and a half!! Can you imagine what full strength diet tea would have done?

I will have to read more about the diet tea....losing water weight is not the same as losing fat. But maybe I will find out about any other helpful insights into why the diet tea is beneficial. (If it is just a diuretic....then I've had my last of that stuff!!!)

Have a good day!
Margaret
Old 08-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #103  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Default Diet Tea!

I'm kinda sorta busy & will be back later, but wanted you to be aware of this re: "diet teas".

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspart...t/diet_tea.htm

Later, gators,

Z
Old 08-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #104  
Moxiesd

Thanks for the link Zoey.....I second the motion.....don't do it!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #105  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulaneycat View Post
Have a wonderful day & cheers from Mississippi!

Marylynn
Marylynn...hey from LA. Where in Mississippi? I was born in Jackson. My Mama is from Brandon. I grew up in N.O (Dad's family from N.O.) but visited Brandon a lot and spent a lot of time on the coast. When I was growing up, my Dad would bring our boat over to the Broadwater for the summer and we'd drive over every weekend. Also, Dulaney was my Great Grandfather's middle name..not sure where that came from.

I don't know how you all can keep up with personals..I'm lucky if I can answer here and there...makes me dizzy...but I think dizzy may be my middle name.
Closed Thread