Old 01-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 171/164/140

Height: 5'5

I know that I will never reach my goal weight, I could never maintain it. If I could smoke again, I would take it up. I am still trying to figure out if I fear success or failure.
Zemelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

I think I look gross naked. In fact I very rarely EVER look at myself in the mirror naked or in underwear. I'm just too disgusted with myself and how I let myself go. I can eat until I feel sick and keep eating. I used to take laxatives to lose weight.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #33  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

*I really fear I won't make it to my goal weight.

*I really want my goal to be 130, not 140.

*I feel worthless when I'm fat; validated when I'm thin. (also: I love it when I get attention from men, even tho I'm happily married. So when I'm fat, I get no attention. I hate that.)

*I fear I will never be able to maintain any weight loss.

*I walk around constantly sucking in my gut.

*I like winter because it's easier to get dressed than summer... and regardless of season, I wear a LOT of spanx!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

If you don't mind if a guy joins in...

*I confess that I'm afraid that if I succeed I will feel like a failure for not having lived up to my potential my whole life.

*And if I don't meet my goal that I'll feel like a failure for never having been able to do it.

*I confess that I'm afraid that if I get "close enough" to my goal I'll quit.

*I confess that I don't know how to teach my children how to live a healthy life and I don't want to harp on them about food or eating. They are girls and I don't want to travel that path just yet. I hope that being a good example will be enough.

*I confess that I've been lying to myself for the last 10 years.

*I confess that until recently I didn't know anything about how to lose weight, though I have a degree in Physics.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #35  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

My confessions are the same as so many others. I would love to wear a swim suit but because of the weight, I can't. I am too ashamed to put on a swim suit and walk on the beach. I feel that others will look and laugh.

I would also love to wear (drum roll...................) sleeveless shirts or dresses. I have flabby arms, so I'm embarrassed because of the flab. Even in the summer time when it's so hot, I envy those women who have firm or skinny arms because they look so cool and comfortable. What I wouldn't do to wear sleeveless. I thought about having arm liposuction but I can't afford it. So, I confess that I'm so hot in the summer time because I'm too self conscious about my flabby arms to wear sleeveless.

I always try to hide my tummy, so that no one notices my tummy. I don't even like my boyfriend to touch me around the waist because I am self conscious about my belly fat. He said that he doesn't care about that stuff but I do.

When I stand in the mirror with no clothes on, I disgust myself. I have "cottage cheese" on my legs and my butt. I look awful. My tummy hangs so bad that I could cry. It's so hard losing the tummy.

I confess that I stop dressing up because I don't feel that I am worthy to dress up and look nice because I am overweight.

I confess that I am always tempted having snacks in my house (for boyfriend and guests) because I will eat them up like the cookie monster. I confess that I can eat an entire 1/2 gallon of ice cream in one setting. I am so greedy and pathetic.

I have never confessed that to anyone until now. I feel better that is off of my chest.

Last edited by LAgreeneyes; 01-18-2012 at 03:31 PM.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #36  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

I agree with you there. I confess I have not been seen in a bathing suit for years now. I admire those people who are overweight and all the same go to the beach and have a great time, not caring about what others think. I confess to criticizing other people for not being in shape for the clothes they wear, while being completely out of shape myself. How mean is that?
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #37  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I hate the pictures of my arms too.

And , you can have ice-cream each night. I have eaten ice-cream each night and I have lost the weight.

I confess I finally like Skim milk. And, I am eating ice-cream with 1/2 fat removed.

I confess I am afraid of going back to old eating habits, so I stay accountable to a weight chart and weight forums.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

My confessions:

When my dad was very ill and close to death, I didn't want my cousin to come out and visit him because I didn't want her to see how fat I'd gotten. How selfish.

I have distanced myself from college friends and work friends I have made in the different placed I've lived because I didn't want them to see how fat I've become.

Yes, I am losing weight because I want to be healthy, but feeling more confident about myself around guys is just as big of a reason.

I, too, will not wear a swimsuit. Not with these flabby arms and big gut.

Correctly or incorrectly, I believe that my weight has kept me from moving up the corporate ladder. Not so much because of discrimination against me, because I have been pretty successful in getting job offers, but because my confidence is shot. I have no self-confidence, so I'm afraid to speak up, voice an opinion, or mix & mingle/network - all of which are the big reasons people are selected for promotion. I get so tired of seeing less talented people get promoted just because they have confidence and I don't.

I believe that I will die alone. Fat and alone.

If there was a pill I could take that would make me thin, I would take it - even if it had serious side effects.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:21 AM   #39  
invisiblgrl

S/C/G: 233.5/218.5/130

Height: 5'5"

I confess that I went kayaking last year and I couldn't get out of the kayak.It was awful.
I also confess that I am losing weight for a guy who is probably not really interested in me - I think I was just the fat easy girl and we were drunk. But at least it kicked off some motivation for me.
I'm afraid of what my stomach and tits are going to look like when I lose the weight.
Mostly, I'm afraid no one will ever want me again, even if I do get thin.
invisiblgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #40  

B"H

What an amazing forum. What I like is how much success so many have had!

~ I confess that I'm so afraid of failure, it keeps me from really trying hard.
~ I now realize that i'lost my confidence/will because I'm fat.
~ How many friends/bridges have I burned because I was too self concience to keep up the relationships?
~ What changes will come about as a result of losing weight?
Dovid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #41  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

I'm a bright girl who has stayed in a deadend job for 10 years because I feel no company will hire me when they see me. I'm 46 and I make the average salary of a new college grad. I know I can work circles around anyone, but I cannot sell myself. True story - I was just recognized for 10 years of service at my job -- they gave me a windchime.

Sometimes I flex my facial and eye muscles, hold my head a bit higher and get that "supermodel gazing out from inside the fat girl" feeling. Then I glimpse myself in a mirror and it all fades away.

I dread compliments, they make me uncomfortable. However, it bothers me that my overweight female boss and coworkers haven't even mentioned my weight loss.

I worry that my elderly mother will become disabled or die, and I'll regain the weight through stress/sadness like I've done before. I find myself imagining what I would do if that happened, and feel guilty for thinking those things about her.

I also feel like I'll die alone. I went to my highschool prom alone, never dated in college, and I've only been on about two dozen dates-- most of them first dates. The only ones I really liked turned out to be an alcoholic excon and a married guy who told me if I called his house and a woman answered, it was his disabled "aunt" who lived with him. Luckily I figured both guys out early in the game. But, still it was disappointing. Are there any good guys who will notice me?

I think I could live on just sugar -- and get bigger and bigger. I know there have been days when I had no other nutrients pass my lips, and I was satisfied. 1000 calories of candy is not equal to 1000 calories of veg. I avoid sugar at all costs to prevent spiraling out of control.

gosh it feels good to get it all out.... Thanks for this thread!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #42  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwShucks View Post
I'm a bright girl who has stayed in a deadend job for 10 years because I feel no company will hire me when they see me. I'm 46 and I make the average salary of a new college grad. I know I can work circles around anyone, but I cannot sell myself. True story - I was just recognized for 10 years of service at my job -- they gave me a windchime.

Sometimes I flex my facial and eye muscles, hold my head a bit higher and get that "supermodel gazing out from inside the fat girl" feeling. Then I glimpse myself in a mirror and it all fades away.

I dread compliments, they make me uncomfortable. However, it bothers me that my overweight female boss and coworkers haven't even mentioned my weight loss.

I worry that my elderly mother will become disabled or die, and I'll regain the weight through stress/sadness like I've done before. I find myself imagining what I would do if that happened, and feel guilty for thinking those things about her.

I also feel like I'll die alone. I went to my highschool prom alone, never dated in college, and I've only been on about two dozen dates-- most of them first dates. The only ones I really liked turned out to be an alcoholic excon and a married guy who told me if I called his house and a woman answered, it was his disabled "aunt" who lived with him. Luckily I figured both guys out early in the game. But, still it was disappointing. Are there any good guys who will notice me?

I think I could live on just sugar -- and get bigger and bigger. I know there have been days when I had no other nutrients pass my lips, and I was satisfied. 1000 calories of candy is not equal to 1000 calories of veg. I avoid sugar at all costs to prevent spiraling out of control.

gosh it feels good to get it all out.... Thanks for this thread!
Thank you for sharing. We all have our own little confessions and it's so good that we are able to get it out and talk about it.

And yes there are good guys out there who will notice you. You will meet them. Don't you worry.

I totally understand about the candy. I LOVE candy. I use to go to the store and buy 3 or 4 boxes of Little Debbie snack cakes and a gallon of milk and lay in bed and eat EVERY BOX within 2 days. It felt sooooooooooo good eating it. I still look at them when I go to Wal Mart and I still crave them but I know I can't have them. Oh, how I love Little Debbie.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Good thread! Ok, I'm going to jump in with a few things I have never said out loud:

* I hate the way I look naked

* I hate the way I look overall

* After losing close to 50 lbs. back in 2004/2005 I have gained it all back

* I went on a couple of binges back in March, gained 15 pounds (ish)

* I hate that after 5 minutes of any kind of exercise I sweat and my face turns red

* I haven't joined Facebook because I don't want the people from high school to see that I am still fat

* Speaking of Facebook, a good friend of mine from high school showed me some of the people from our class. When I saw that a few of them had gained weight I smiled to myself

ok, I feel kinda bad about that last one.
Wisertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Oh yeah, one more. My goal weight reads 150 but is really 125.
Wisertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #45  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Thanks for the encouraging feedback, LAGreeneyes. Gosh, I love Little Debbie, too! I know just what you're talking about. It's like I would go into a sugar trance where eating bags of candy, cookies, a 1/2 dozen donuts, 1/2 a cake, or a whole pie, etc. felt perfectly normal. How does sugar do that to a person?

Hi wisertime! Oh yea, I noticed several on facebook have gained weight since high school, too. And, yes, I felt a sick twinge of delight when I saw their photos. I read in the original post that we weren't to be judgemental in our comments, so I won't judge the "skinny" girls who aren't any more. But I just had to tell you that I had the same reaction!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote