Old 03-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Default MARCHing Into Spring/40-Somethings Chat

Here we go ladies!

Join here to be accountable or just to check in and chat.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #2  

My goal for the month is to finally break into the 140s!! I know I can do it!! I am really going to keep track of what goes into my body every day and keep up with the exercise.

How is everyone doing today??
Old 03-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #3  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

THANKS, Annie, for starting this - was hoping you would How are you feeling now?

My goal for the month is to get down five pounds - aiming lower than you on the goal, but I HOPE to be able to do that. Well, hoping isn't going to work - I plan to commit to working toward that. No major trips and hopefully warmer weather that will allow me to get out more and more daylight!

Sunny day here - plan to walk after work on the trail behind our home. Went last night - but cut it short because it was frigid and windy. At least did two miles so better than nothing.

Have chicken and green beans for lunch - with a pair of clementines as well - had two yesterday and they were the worst ever. Didn't even take them home to put out for the birds. Yick. Hope these are better. Challenge will be to not go in search of food just "because" today.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #4  

Hey NP!! I am doing better this week, just one more day of steroids left. Hoping that just takes care of it and no more worries. Good luck with your day.

I am using this for inspiration to break into the 140s...isn't it darling??

http://www.northstyle.com/itemdy00.a...6&ref=sugg&id=

I really want to get it, but not sure what size to get....or if I really need to splurge or not.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Thanks Annie - for collecting me from being stuck in February!
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #6  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I think I had a breakthough today. I was a little hungry but more munchy so I grabbed a bag of Doritos. {first, why did I buy the bag? Second, as I'm opening the bag I'm thinking I should put some in a bowl not take the whole bag!!!} but I took the bag thinking since I'm on the computer I would eat them slowly and not eat too many. Um, right, So I started that way but after a while I realized I was just munching. So I stopped and thought. How do I feel? Why am I eating these? Do they taste good or is there something better? So I put the bag up and got some fresh strawberries I had cut up. Progress

Annie, pretty dress! Thanks for starting us off. LOL I started a new thread for March on another forum, but never thought about us.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #7  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

GOOD JOB, Penguin! We've all been there before but not many of us actually STOP the eating and choose something healthy. Today I wanted more after lunch, which seriously was enough, but ended up popping up a bag of popcorn and poured out some but put the rest in the ziplock bag to save for other afternoons this week.

Annie - that dress is too cute! I used to love the ones on modcloth.com but they got REALLY pricey, it seems to me. At least the ones I liked I also like things that look 50s style Marilyn Monroe halter top styles, if you can picture those.

My cousin is joining ww this week, too, so it'll be good to have someone else to bounce things off of ... she's much lighter than me and could only stand to lose maybe 15 pounds and doesn't live near me, but still ... I'm a bit envious of her starting point
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

spring??? ha... can you hear the sarcasm!!!! Stuck inside today coldest day yet, :P I will walk indoors though.

I keep wanting to snack cause of it, but have held off all morning, yay.
I cant' even make a goal for march! i have to just get thru today! I made a goal of onederland by my birthday and unless i fast untill then that is not going to happen.... (sort of chuckle) My goal to actually be making progress and NOT gaining it back even if it is 5 pounds.

NP yay on the hiking trail, i am a little jealous!

Penguin - way to go on stopping on the doritos.

New goal- have to go to the U.S April 25 and want to buy something from JC penny's in the regular size. I was not plus sized when I lived there but I am right on the border of it. :P

Long range dream goal - going to spokane in Sept, want to go shopping and buy new sized clothes after losing 50 pounds. I know I can do it, I jsut have to... by making the choice EVERY day to do this and believe I can.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Happy March!

Up another half pound--aaarrgh! But exercised well yesterday and today, so that's going better.

My goal for March is to lose 10 pounds. I'd be happy with 8. (Heck I'd be okay with anything as long as the scale is going down and not up. you hear that, scale? ) I also have a weight goal for my birthday, but I have some more time to work on it.

Ashley--I snickered when I read that your long term goal was to go to Spokane in September. In my experience, people may end up in Spokane, but they rarely have long term goals to get there. Hope you have a great time shopping at Penney's and that everything you want fits you just right. Or is too big.

I need to finish my lunch, so must get going.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #10  

Started a workout DVD but didn't like it so I quit after 20min. Since I was warmed up I hopped on the TM and did another 25min. Yay, Me!

Hubby texted that he's on his way home from Kansas!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 03-01-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #11  

What dvd are you doing penguin?
Old 03-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

kittie -- lol boy that was bad sentence structure! okay so just to clarify my dream is not to go to spokane in Sept. I am already doing that, it is to buy clothes in smaller sizes! I miss the shopping there so much as we don't have the same stores here.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILLYCAT View Post
What dvd are you doing penguin?
That one was Firm's Pump Jump and Jab. I got it from Netflix so I can send it back, LOL http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/THE-...B-DVD-p/59.htm
Old 03-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #14  

I love the Firm DVD's but they take some time to get used to - i have hard core cardio fusion and love it - and a couple of the "wave" series..
Old 03-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #15  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

annie- thanks for starting this up. Glad your better.

To all- Does anyone know of any good Zumba DVD's? I'd love to learn how!

My goal this month is to stay out of the hospital! lol
& to eat well balanced whole food meals. Still no processed food.
Nice sunny day here, but still too chilly for a walk. Rode the bike for 32min. I was going so fast, I went 9mi. in the same time I usually do 7 or 8mi. I'm getting ready to cook up some stuff I can keep in the fridge, so I can grab lunch or dinner fast. This is new to me, there were alot of foods I wouldn't eat cause I thought they made me gain weight. I'm still not going to eat white flour or white bread, corn & potatoes cause of the starch. I will eat anything whole grain & all other veggies. I didn't have rice or pasta for 2.5yrs. so this should be interesting trying the whole grain versions. I'm feeling so good for the past 3 days, I must be doing better with my eating. I just have to get past these phobias I have for certain foods. I have to open my mind up to new choices that I'm not used to. Weight keeps going down even with added sodium & fat to my diet. I feel so stupid for not eating this way all along, I would have felt better & it wouldn't have made any difference in my weight. I'm so angry at myself for doing it. I'd like to have a portion plate for help with how many veggies, meat & starch portions you should have w/ every meal. I don't know where to find one, but it would help me alot.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote