Old 03-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

AWWWW!!, NP...what a little glamour puss!! So cute. Just love the expressions cats get on their faces.

Seriously, a form fitting dress is not what I need right now. It think I may just return that dress and not exchange it. I will always have flab around my middle and will never be able to afford liposuction.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #122  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Did you have a special event you were planning to wear it to that you had in mind? I tend to get things and THEN come up with something that I need to do to wear it ha ha... like the old Cathy cartoon... "oh, I can see myself on a yacht in this outfit" yah right
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #123  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Thanks all- Using my clothes as a weight guide would be great, but I would be itching to weigh myself. That alone would drive me nuts! My pants are tight now already, i guess it's time to lose weight.

Took a walk today for 50min. finally. Walked to the store to get some things we needed. Nice & sunny! My weights up another 6oz. It's time to take action, today's calories were ok at 1384. My new range is 1300-1400, there's no way I can get all the sodium & fat I need w/ whole foods on lower than that. Gonna try to stay within that range for a few days to see what happens, this is all a guessing game. It's driving me nuts!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #124  
Enjoying la bella vita

FL - maybe work on strength training/toning instead of more weight loss? Hard to think of pants being tight at your weight and still facing more to lose! Maybe with strength work (resistance bands, etc.) you'll slide right into them!

Made mexican pizza for dinner tonight and it was a winner with the ww program - counted it and still have points left for later this evening if needed.

Rainy evening!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #125  

Well, I am probably having an unexpected afternoon off work and maybe at least half a day tomorrow. I've been having issues with my CT scanner and the engineer has been trouble shooting. Left it torn down last night and it won't be usable until at least tomorrow afternoon. I'll probably take the time without pay as I only have 4.5 vacation days to last until November. I may call and see if I can get in to the dentist tomorrow morning. Not sure I want to lay there with my ears still bothering me, but at least I won't have to waste my Saturday.

Even with the ear stuff going on I have been keeping up with my exercise. 3 miles this morning.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Annie- hope your medical issues get cleared up soon! Way to go on being dedicated to exercising still. Often when we are sick that is like a day off of exercise for me.

NP - love the cat pic

FL - way to go on the perserverance and getting the food right. Such an ongoing process. I forget the brand of yogurt but will try and make a note of it next time in the store.

Had a great day yesterday and fit in an additional 20 min workout. I used a big stepstool to step on while doing my upper body wieghts by the time I was done I had sweat dripping and Had done my upper body plus about 120 steps. I saw them use the stool on biggest loser and thought what a great idea, who needs a gym. I surprised myself I could do that much after walking to and from the train to work and my lunch trail hike. Boy are bodies can sure work when we push them. On plan today agian and going to have some yogurt and bran buds. Well, overall I ended up eating quite a bit of the cake so it wasnt just one peice although one day it was.
My work lunch went well, i was not at all hungry so I had a decaf, yay.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #127  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

My parents had invited me to lunch with them today, but since I didn't feel up to leaving the house they brought me chicken soup from Chickfila, which is surprisingly good. I also discovered that I can take 1/2 dose of Dayquil without falling asleep.

No workout yesterday or probably today. It figures I get sick during spring break. The sun is shining and the highs are 60's and 70's but it will rain again during our weekend.

No news from either the interview or BIL. You know what they say, no news is good news.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi, everyone.

I've been bad about exercising so far this week--was feeling very tired, so slept in--but I think I'm finally rested up and will try for the gym tomorrow. Eating to plan, and down a pound this morning (although I think work being so hectic that I barely have time to snatch a bite here and there has something to do with it).

Annie, NP, PP--sorry you are feeling poorly. I hope you all start feeling better soon.

NP--cute kitteh. Mine is a terror, too--if he wasn't so darned cute, he'd never have survived so long.

FL--I don't know what you are looking for in a yogurt, but I eat Nancy's low-fat plain yogurt and add fresh fruit to it for my breakfast. No added sugar in the plain variety.

Gotta go--need to grab a bite and get back to the salt mines.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #129  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

kitteh- I've never seen Nancy's around here, but I do look for the no sugar added kind.

Ashley- It's an ongoing process that you have to deal with everyday of your life forever. It drives me nuts, I get fed up with it, but it's worth it in the end.

national- yes, my pants are tight. Bought all my clothes when I weighed 105lbs. last year. I have size 0's & 1's, the 0's I now only wear when my weight comes down a bit. But I have to wear the 1's all the other days.

Kinda nice out today, so I walked for 40 min. Spring will be here soon, yay!
Friday is supposed to be sunny & 72 deg. I will be outside cleaning up for spring. The front usually takes 3hrs. the back yard isn't quite as long. I'm anxious to get all my summer decorations out. My weight stayed the same, but considering I did weigh 105lbs last summer, I'm up 6lbs. No wonder my pants are tight. I did have to gain a few pounds cause I wasn't getting my period for 11mo. But when I stayed at 108 for a while, that fixed the problem. That's why my goal is 108. I think I've been eating too many calories even at 1300-1400, I'm finding that I'm never hungry for my meals & have to force them down. So today I skipped lunch & I'm still not hungry for dinner. I know my breakfast is always huge(alot of protein & 1000 cal. , but i should be hungry by dinner. It's a bad habit I got into doing and I just can't stop doing it. I'm sick of forcing food( I feel best spreading out the sodium & fat through the day) I'll eat when I'm hungry & will worry about getting enough sodium & fat when I do eat. Sorry for the rant, but this really bugs me!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #130  

Ran some errands and did some shopping....found the furniture I may buy!! Also.....drumroll please....I bought a pair of SIZE 10 capri jeans!!!!
Right after the that I got a spell of dizziness and nausea that was the worst yet. Came home and have done nothing but sit all afternoon and evening.

Going to the dentist in the morning. Hope it doesn't make the dizziness worse.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 260/197/130

Alright- is it too late for me to post a goal for the month? I have had a crazy few months and have had a lot of trouble getting on track with diet and exercise. My bf and I just moved to a new house and the change in routine has been hard to adjust to exercise-wise and I have had some injuries, etc. and other stuff to use as excuses.

But my dad recently stopped smoking after 60 years... if he can do THAT anyone can do anything! One thing that jumpstarted him after a few false starts worked for me. He had to stop 2 weeks before a surgery. He went to doc and doc said- you realize that tomorrow is the 2 week mark? It hit him it is now or never. Well, I was having some trouble with the "Ill start tomorrow" syndrome and then realized it will take 5 months to get to a healthy weight... And it is 5 months from my bday. If I want to be at a healthy weight for my b day, I had to start THAT DAY. SO I did.

ANYHOW- my goal is to stay on track with calories/exercise every day for the rest of month, which I had hoped would at least be a loss of 6 lbs, but WOOT I got on scale today to find I already hit that goal. So my goal is 10lb (from starting weight of 207)
risephoenixrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Annie - yay on the size 10 capris!

Well stress did me in last night, ongoing story but my hubby was cut off of SSD and we have a court date to appeal in april before a judge. He had a meeting with his lawyer over the phone yesterday seeing as the meeitng is in Montana, cause we live in Canada. It has been over 3 years we have been appealing this and finally have a lawyer yay. They also say he has to pay back over 100,000. So I am believing and praying that this will all finally be taken care of and he won't have to pay anything back and he will get his benefits back! Meanwhile I ate too much to help cope :P I could have easily eaten more and coninued to day but back on plan. I have been working quite hard so even with the binge last night I was still down a pound this morning. I'll take it!
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #133  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Beautiful day here, went for a 43min. walk. Tomorrow we are going to the Game Preserve to do some walking & hiking, can't wait. Lost 1.7lbs. I think because i have been walking instead of riding the bike since the weather is nicer. Ate over my calories( 1750), but it was all healthy stuff. I'm skipping dinner, I won't be hungry. I think I'm going for another walk now!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #134  
Enjoying la bella vita

Beautiful day here, too! We went for a trail walk, though slow, last night with the dog. Still having trouble getting a good breath, so we didn't push it at all. Plan to do the same tonight, after doing our taxes and dinner.

Talked to hubby about our desire to do through hikes - we've got the ultra light tent, the light bags (somewhat), the frame backpacks, etc. ... we just need to TRAIN to get some weight off and build endurance. So I said if we don't start training, we're never going to do it. So the plan is to set goals for the next month and plan to hike 4-5 evenings/days week. We'll see. I said we wanted to all last year, but never SCHEDULED it. He's NOT a scheduler and I am. So, on the heels of him just buying this new tent - we now have three various tents ... I want to get this stuff rolling. I need to get this weight off to make it easier/more enjoyable for me. SO we'll see if we get to do these small walks and build into the much longer ones with packs. Some of them are going to have to be done when his daughter is with us - can't hurt her to walk, too ... needs the exercise as we do.

Had dr. appts yesterday and today, and now on steroid and penicillin to bust through this infection/cold/crapola.

Hopped on the scale this morning after a particularly heavy eating day yesterday and was shocked to see i reached my St. Patrick's Day goal of getting down to 167.5 ... it read 166.5 but I won't believe that for a few more times. I chunked my sig down one more pound but I want to see what it registers tomorrow and saturday ... with this steroid, I'm afraid that I won't see that number again for a while. YIKES

Ashley - hang tough, what a stressful thing to face. Hopefully this lawyer will be able to square everything away!

YAY, Annie, on the size 10s!! Hope you're feeling better, though!

Phoenix - congrats on getting to that first goal already. I feel like a slacker!

Kitteh and Penguin, hope you're feeling better soon, too!

Barb -hope you're hanging in there! Look forward to seeing what you're up to, as well!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #135  

Hi gang! My scanner is still down at work. I am doing some piddly work and plan to go ahead and take off at noon. I just can't stand being here with nothing to do. It is slow here anyway with Spring Break going on. I'll burn another 4 hours of vacation time, but I took off yesterday w/o pay.

Still having ear issues, and neck/back issues. I'm sick of talking about it and I know everyone is sick of hearing about it. I'm trying to ignore both.

Fiance is coming to spend the weekend at my house. We are going to try to work out in my flower beds, but just saw a 40% of rain for tomorrow. We do need the rain, though. We'll see what happens. I may go by and get my mulch this afternoon.

Welcome, Risephoenix!

Ashley-Congrats on gettting the binge under control and that pound being gone!!

Fruitlady-Hope you enjoy your hiking today!!

NP-Congrats on reaching your mini-goal!! Hope you feel better soon.